Mace Windu SUCKS!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
Mace Windu SUCKS! He SUCKS! I want him to get killed in Episode 2 right away. He is so overated as a Jedi Master it makes me sick to my stomach. I'm am sick and tired of hearing these "superjedi" stories about how "Mace is invincible with a lightsaber" and "If you get within three feet of Mace with a lightsaber, you're dead." NO ONE is invincible with a lightsaber. Darth Maul would killed Mace Windu in a one-on-one duel. These Mace Windu hype is so phony. I've studied sword fighting, staff fighting, and many other weapon forms and martial arts. Lightsaber fighting is just like sword fighting. Miyamoto Muashi got defeated (but not killed) by a jo staff (4 foot staff) fighter. One mistake is usually fatal. Just wait and see, Mace will get killed and will LMAO.

ratcat
How can you make that statement. It may be true, but until we actually see him do something more than sit in a chair with his fingers steepled it is a bit hard to say what kind of a fighter he is.

You may be right, but I think everyone should be given a chance before we right them off completely.

IMHO OC.

Darth Daft
Agreed. You can't judge something/someone you know nothing about.

razman
From whats seen in the storyboards, his role should be most interesting this time.

JediOasis
I think that Mace will be the best Jedi that we have seen. He seems to have this noble quality about him. I think he will be a big hero in EP III when he saves Yoda and possibly Obi-Wan by facing Anakin or Palpatine in a duel and saying that he is the last of the Jedi. Plus, Sam Jackson is a bad you know what smokin'

Ushgarak
The statement 'Darth Maul would kill Windu' is very odd. they are both swrod masters; they should be equally matched, yeah? At least Windu uses a proper weapon (mind you, that's style over realism for you...).

But yes, he has to go down eventually, and like you say it only takes one mistake...

Dim
Yes, he will fall eventually...but I think we'll see a much more dynamic and intersting Mace in the next film...Hopefully he's not the only one we'll see in action.

ratcat
Well, I know SLJ is a big Star wars fan but I doubt he'd do Star wars just to get killed off easily.

DrK
Although I disagree with that statement, I do look forward to Mace's death(It has the makings of a great cinematic battle) more than anything else involving him. Maul if you remember was an apprentice, who got killed by an apprentice in OB1, I'm sure it would have been a gret fight but Mace would have been able to handle the late sith.

razman
Also from whats known, Windu won't be killed off until Ep3.

Darth Ninja
Darth Maul held his own against BOTH Qui-Gon AND Obi-Wan. Maul died because he got stupid at the end. The Episode 1 novel said Qui-Gon was one of the best swordsfighters his master had seen in over 400 years. Yet Maul still killed him (unfortunately). I'm sure Mace would have lost against Darth Maul in a one-on-one fight, because he couldn't been better than Qui-Gon AND Obi-Wan TOGETHER.

Darth Pants
People have to bear in mind that much of what kept Qui Gon from being on the council was his cheeky antics. There's nothing to say he's not Mace Windu's equal with a lightsabre. Many are expecting Mace to be a lightsabre God, he's bound to disappoint some. I think he'll come into his own in big group fights, specifically, taking on loads of droids (where ILM can build the action around him). The way people think he's going to be, even the most highly trained martial artists could not bring to the screen. Everyone should forget the sources which said he was invincible with a lightsabre, accept that he has a decent knowledge of how to fight, and understand that it was more than swinging a weapon around that got him on the council. His character will be far more impressive in 2002 that way. Oh, and I think Anakin will kill him in Episode 3. Whoever on these boards said he would let Yoda escape to train one of the twins may be onto something. It would be a moving scene if he gave his life in one last battle with the most powerful Sith in order to allow balance to be brought to the Force, and the most noble death for a Jedi Council member.

Ushgarak
DM was clearly fighting defensive for most of TPM... look at him, ALWAYS bascking away, giving ground, twirling to see what was behind... he knew he couldn't fight both of those people and hope to kill them, so he played defensive and waited his chance. And it worked...

A duel with Maul would have been a very different thing.

Darth Ninja
The TPM novel said that Maul appeared to be on the defensive, when in fact he was controlling the battle and choosing the areas he wanted to fight in.

Gundark
I personally like SLJ and I think we will see his role greatly expanded in ep2. His looks and stature project that of a Jedi that fans have come to expect. I will hate to see him die, but if it comes as the ultimate sacrifice for the life of Luke and or Leia, it would be an honorable one.

Ushgarak
DN- that line in the TPM novel made NO sense, because what it described IS fighting defensive! You don't go on the defensive just for the hell of it, because you will lose sooner or later. You do it for a purpose- in this case to get the others where he wanted them. He wasn't making any kill blows during much of the fight, and that certainl;y makes him defensive.

Darth Pants
I suppose 'appearing to be on the run' would have been more appropriate than 'appearing to be on the defensive', as it would suggest panic and poorly planned manouvers. I thought the novel was great overall, giving us more of an insight into the characters' feelings and the scenes which were cut from the movie (Greedo vs Anakin, Darth Maul's plummet). Went on about bloody "Sand Panthers" like they were the only creatures in existence though.

Ushgarak
Yeah- good points all around. You can never translate sabre fights like that to book form, though.

finti
Qui-Gon was a lot older than Maul, as stated in the novel, he was showing signs of fatigue when Maul killed him. Qui-gon was also fuzzed by the knock in his face, and the second he was stunned was all Maul nedded. Mace on the other hand is a different story, we have to see him fight before we can judge his fighting skill, but there is areason he is a master though.

Darth Ninja
Exactly! So why is everyone making Mace Windu out to be Superjedi?! That is totally stupid.

JediOasis
because the man(Lucas) himself has said so, thats good enough for me. smokin'

Darth Ninja
I heard it was Rick McCallum, not GL that said Mace was "superjedi".

JediOasis
well, if RM said it then its still true.

Ushgarak
PROBABLY true. That area is still a little fuzzy... lightsabre colours, anyone?

ratcat
Maybe he is, proably he isn't but for now we just do not know....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.