The Best Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KeatonISBatman
Here is the chooses and a little about them

Adam West 1966-

Many may not agree but he IS batman he started it all for the movies tv show ect. He played a Light batman which people over look he is my 2nd favorite.

Michael Keaton-

Alot of peoples favorites keaton showd the tortured soul of batman rather than"hey freeze i'm batman" he was quiet and keeped to himself not gothams playboy

Pros- Dark, played bruce well, showed batmans tortureed soul

Cons- to short keaton beleive it or not is only 5'6" tall and batman is sapossed to be 6'2"

Kevin Conroy-

What never heard of him THE ANIMATED SERIES BATMAN!! kevin conroy is the keaton of the animated series he played it right and dark but a set back is its on a kids network if they put it on adult swim they could protray the dark ness better.

Pros- Dark menacing

Cons- limeted by its Tv-Y7 rating

Val Kilmer-

I liked him I didn't at first until i watched it over and over and he slow grew on me Batman forever is a combination of BATMAN and Batman and Robin like the music sucked but batman was good

Pros- every body was kung fu fightin!

Cons- tommy lee jones as two face pleeeeaze

George Cloony- George clooney? he play batman did he suck that bad

my favorite- Keaton!

Darth Vicious
Keaton was the best followed by Kilmer West and Clooney were just a joke to the BM legacy!

KeatonISBatman
hey watch it I liked adam west he started the batman franchise

Mr Parker
Keaton sucked as Batman,he didnt even look the role at all.Kilmer was the best easily.He not only looked the part,but his acting was great also.

vvvrulz
Nah, Keaton all the way.
Clooney was an insult. The rest were adequate.
Haha go Adam West !

pablo007
I like Kilmer a lot

pablo007
Bale should be good too

timmmy!
look keaton was the best and thats the way it always will be

Terrible Bat
Keaton is the Best

DeNiro
my favorite batman was deffintly number one with micheal keton with the joker i luv the joker always have always will it was deffintly the best batman the newer batmans of today have gotten just to werid

nV myMovieskill
Keaton is the God of all the actors that played batman. hey i did not even now his height until you told me. Honestly in the Movie did anyone you notice how short he was. My mother who hates superhero movies even rates batman 1 as one of her favorite movies. Keaton brought a darkness to the big screen that was right on to how the comic book portray batman. Come on guys isn't that what where going by what we loved about the comic books. Listen batman 1 and 2 ruled 3 and 4 could have saved all the lights and glitter for Barbie!!!!

DeNiro
look at the first batman the the second wich i think dont quote me was the peguin and catwomen but ne way thoughs r really dark fu*ckin movies as Nv my movieskill said the batmans of today got those huge stupid ass statues of people with red green blue what ever color light all over relaly dumb they should have stopped after mike left the batman seris i mena come on people george cloony do i have to say ne more

DemonicGambit-2
Kilmer had the look for Batman and he did grow on you. But Keaton had the attitude and personality for Batman

nacciw
i would not say any of the batmans were the best because for one they all sucked, 1 and 2 were the only good ones despite that michael keaton i heated. michael keaton was too short, val kilmer was too mean, and george clooney was the worst, he cracked jocks way to much, and who ever directed that movie had no idea who batman really was, but the villians were good.

WESTISBEST
West was the best imo.
He had looks, personality and a deacent build.
The outfit was traditional also.
People seem to have a problem with the cheesyness though.
But what do you expect, it was marketed towards young kids.
But as far as the things I mentioned outside of a campy script(which is script and not the actor)West was the best.

Sure Keaton had personality, but he is a midget.
George clooney??? paleeze
Val Kilmer wasn't so bad though, he's my second pic outside of West.

Now with Bale in the picture, they now have a chance to make the best batman movie yet.
Lets hope the outfit, script and set is also better this time around also.

WESTISBEST
Keaton and Clooney are the Dean Cains of Batman.
Midgets(Cain and Keaton)purple tights,brown cowboy boots and black molded plastic.

This last generation has ruined the Superheros I grew up with.

Philldwill
Ok, here's the dealio, Keaton was a great batman, but the fact that Burton was directing it helped out. I think Val could have been good but the nipples on the suit were just one of the bad parts of the film. George, sorry man, stick to non heroic films, such as O'brother Where Art Thou. Keaton you are the best, but watch out for Bale.
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

YourShirrrt
Its def Kevin Conroy. That voice and that attitude from behind the wonderful animation of a sinister dark knight IS batman. Hell, they kept him around for the original, the new adventures,batman beyond,and the newest (and best) batman incarntaion the justice league batman. (although I would have shortened the new ears alittle bit)

batmanrules
keaton was definetly the best, he was dark as batman and at the same time able to be a clumsy bruce wayne at the same time. val kilmer really sucked, val kilmer was to dark as bruce wayne. and clooney only did what the director told him to. conroy extreamely good voice.

Lord Soth
Keaton is not only the best, he's the only one who's good.

Kilmer was terrible, Clooney was a joke, and West is just too over the top and too funny. Batman's supposed to be dark and brooding.

I liked the cartoon Batman, very cool

plazmagod
For the time that he played batman, I'm sorry to say it but Adam West was the best corolation between what he was playing and what was being shown in the comics. His costume looked the part(except for the ears man those were some gay ass ears!) He was campy wich is were most comics were at the time, and they even incorporated the comic style sound effects, because they realised that is a big part of the medium the visual realization of physical actions. Michael Keaton played the Dark Knight version very well, although he used guns on the Batmobile, wich is totaly off base. He was a horrible Bruce Wayne, wich most people seem to forget is a part of the Batman mythos. IMO Val Kilmer was a good Bruce, but not a good Batman. While he had the look physically he didn't give off the proper emotion that was needed to convey the vigilanteism that was needed for the role. Then we come to Clooney, oh what a crap-tacular piece of garbage this guy's portrayel was. While he looked the most like Bruce Wayne, and he did the whole Playboy never wanting to get tied down well, that was it. So far the guy in Dead End was the best Batman, dark, brooding, physical, perfect.

Ryshtyanna
I didn't like any of the choices that were made to cast Batman.

When Adam West was Batman, the comics itself began to take that horrible turn to depict the caped crusader in the same fashion as the tv one. That almost killed the series as many comic book readers felt their favorite hero was no longer being portrayed in his true form.

Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney are all fine actors, but I don't agree about any of them being Batman material. But then again, I don't fault the actors. I fault the boneheads who were responsible for writing each of the Batman movies and those responsible for the casting, direction and production.

I personally feel the role of Batman should have gone to a more buffed actor. The Batman most of us know is 6'2" & 210 lbs. I don't know about the rest of you, but Keaton, Kilmer nor Clooney fit those categories. And we know Adam West certainly didn't during his heydey.

Who would? I dunno, but I'm sure if the search was made thoroughly enough there would have been somebody who would have fit that role better than the choices that were made. Even an unknown actor with exceptional acting capabilities would suffice.

Daywalker
Keaton is my favorite latex Bat but Clark Bartram(Batman: Dead End short film) looked like the perfect Batman.

BTW, at 6'2" 210 lbs, Batman would look like a bean pole

Lord Soth
Michael Keaton was the best

EOWYN3
Keaton was the best!

ragesRemorse
Keaton was without a doubt the best batman. It is unlikely there will ever be any other actors that can portray the presence of superhero's like reeves,and keaton. Most of you people who say keaton diddnt look the part had never even read a batman comic book in your lives, and probably never even knew anything about batman before the movies. Keaton expressed the essence of batman.

He was a mysterious two sided man. Keaton gave bruce wayne,and batman BOTH a character of there own. Making them appear as two different people. By day, a multi millionaire know it all with a past to hide. By night an emotionless crusader shrouded in the darkness of a bat. I mean damn keaton had persuasion in his performance as the bat, he had conviction, he was the bat. especially with those damn eye brows. every other batman to come was just a wooden performance, never changing between wayne or batman. the character was dry and dull. This will be the same for bale as well

Daywalker
Well said Rages, Keaton was definitely the man for all of those reasons and more.

Keaton will be a hard act to follow but I hope Bale can bring something to the franchise

Lord Soth
Very good analysis, RR.

At least we know Bale can't do any worse than Clooney ~gag~ sick

Daywalker
laughing laughing out loud laughing

ragesRemorse
yeah clooney isnt exactly the superhero type

Lord Soth
Not only is he old, he just doesn't have voice. Keaton had the voice. Kilmer...sort of had the voice. Clooney...~gag~

batmanrules
quite personally i dont think that clooney did that bad of a job, i mean he only did what the director told him to. dont get me wrong, i think that he did terribly, but i dont blame him, i blame joel, joel told him what to do and he did it. val kilmer was the worst as i look at it, didnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that bruce wayne the dark billionare who could affoard 50 batmobiles and acted exacly like batman was batman, again i dont blame him though. keaton was the best because he easily carried the dark batmans face, and the clumsy billionare bruce waynes face at the same time.

Lord Soth
I blame Joel Shumacher more than Clooney and Kilmer as well, but the way they acted the character was still wrong, terrible even.

ragesRemorse
no i dont think clooney did that bad of a job eigther. I mean considering the situation of the shitty director we had on top of a horrible story line, well clooney diddnt do that bad at all. He just inst the superhero type no matter how well he executes a part. clooney eigther gets to serious or to comical. And he just has a face i cant except as being a dark crusader in a cape. Kilmer had the look, but his style of acting in the batman movie was to wooden. Eigther way i could have over looked the casting mistakes had the stories been acceptable. or well good at best. And jim carrey as riddler was just garbage, he turned that role into a god dam circus act

tha human soul
I think Michael Keaton is the best because he's the darkest and cruelest of them all...That was what Batman suppost to be,but after part 3 Batman became too softy!

Ahnold
Clooney was best by a mile

laughing laughing laughing

Sorry I couldn't keep the pretence up! Keaton was best, in my opinion...

Mr Parker
exactly.

kalantiaw
the first act is the hardest to follow... like christopher reeves, michael keaton will be unequaled in his batman portrayal... he was the original... he will always be compared to his would-be heirs... just like christian bale would be compared to him...

in my opinion, there were no perfect actor that potrayed the dark knight... it's a combination... michael had the attitude as batman, val has the attitude of bruce wayne, and george-- errrrrrrrrrrrr-- he had-- uuummmmmmmmm-- can't think of anything... a combination of these actors would create the perfect batman... or ideal anyway...

Lord Soth
agreed

Mr Parker
Poor comparison comparing Keaton with Reeves.Keaton will be blown away by Bale easily as the best Bruce Wayne/Batman yet to date..sorry being the original does not mean squat in this case like it did with Reeve.I've come across so many people both in real life and on the net who hated the first two batman films because Keaton was so pysically wrong for the role of Bruce Wayne/batman which has got to be the worst casting choice in comicbook history.I mean come on,pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald,short runt Michael Keaton for tall,muscular,handsome full set of hair Bruce Wayne? what a joke!

People could not take the first two bats films serious because of how wrong Keaton was for the role.It was like watching Al Bundy walking around Bruce Wayne manor.it was a joke,thats why they are redoing the batman franchise because of how so many people such as myself were so pissed off with the choice of keaton for the role.This time they are casting someone who looks the role and seem to care about how the fans feel thats why I am optimistic about this bat film which will hopefullly make up for the nightmare franchise of all the other batfilms.I dont know about the keaton batman lovers,but I know that many batfans will only be concerned with how good his acting is which should be fine.They like me will be excited about seeing an actor who finally fits the role.Val Kilmer IMO to date was the best Batman because not only was his acting great as bruce wayne,but he was everything Bruce wayne is suppose to be that keaton was not,handsome,athletic,charming,AND a full set of hair. big grin If he had dyed his hair black,he would have been the perfect bruce wayne.

Herr Logan
I have to admit, aside from all the massive failures on the part of the writers and director, I think Val Kilmer was the best Batman so far as well. This has much to do with the fact that both the Batman and Bruce Wayne had more screen time and character development than in the first two movies. Overall, the first two movies are the best, but Batman got screwed both times as a star. Michael Keaton did a great job with what he was given, but it wouldn't be hard to surpass his performance if the writers allowed Batman to shine.
I think Val Kilmer's a punk, but because Keaton was barely allowed to talk, and George Clooney (who I do like a lot) is just not right for the current incarnation of Batman, he did a pretty decent job with what he was given. It would have been much better if he had been told to do and say the same kinds of things that Keaton did. Of course, there was too much wrong with that movie to salvage it, really.
Clooney got a lot of shit for his part in Batman and Robin, and he admitted he killed the franchise. This is not true. If anything, his Batman got the least character exposition, and he was probably told by the director "Be yourself, George. That'll be a lot more family-oriented than if you act like the Batman."

LeAtHerRFace
Val! Kilmer!

punkyhermy
George clooney did have the look mind you!possibly the hansomest of men who attempted to put the the cape.But nevr judge a book by it's cover.
My absolute favorite Batman?Kevin Conroy/the animated bruce and batman both.I mean it's animation but think anbout it,George cloony cast as Batman is only PRETENDING to be batman.But in animation,he's the REAL thing!

Brosnan
Would have to go with Kilmer, he fits the part the best. Keaton was boring and dull as if he didn't want to be Batman. Go Val!

kal-el
I think Bale will be the best of all. He's proved he can play a rich business man with a dark secret in american psycho and he was great in that. He is a handsome ladies man like Wayne is supposed to be and he's really athletic and muscular too(that may sound shallow but Keaton was so small and puny looking, you cant imagine him being able to do the things batman does) which IS part of the character, he's supposed to be 'one of the mosty superb athletes in the world' and he's huge!-6'2'' 210lbs! He looks like Bruce Wayne too. A strong featured face with a strong 'heros' jaw and widows peak hairline making look a little dark.

As for his acting, in american psycho he was a man who carried on the pretentious bullsh*t conversation/company of his wallstreet 'friends' even though he hated it, the real him was hidden beneath the surface. That IS Bruce Wayne. Batman is the real him, and Wayne is just the act. Its the opposite of superman.Clark Kent is who he is and was raised to be.He just happens to be the most powerful being on Earth(no arguments please) and has to act when he's superman. Wayne is at home in the batsuit.Batman's the real guy and Wayne is the act(just like 'Paul Bateman(Christian Bale's character) in American Psycho).
Cant wait for the new batman film. And no-one refer to it as batman5 please.Its a restart, amore acurate one. As good a films the burton ones were, they were still inaccurate in their portrayal of Jim Gordon(hes not some fat, bungling fool, hes a hero in his own right and a tough ex-green-beret soldier) and of the bad-guys. Joker and Penguin and Catwoman were great but their camp, cartwheeling idiot gang members didnt seem menacing and real enough. Batman's enemies are real ones, just like Daredevils.Real, dangerous, murderers and thieves and rapists, not clowns and Goths. Tim Burton made it his own but in doing that still didnt quite capture it right. when you read batman:year one by Frank Miller(the man!) you get an idea of what it should be like and what this new one hopefully will be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.