Episode II Title

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

razman
I know there was a topic on the old forum on this, but I'll ask anyway.

From what you know of the script, what would you call Episode 2?

queeq
"The Start of an Evil Plan to disrupt the Order of the Galaxy"

Darth Pants
"The Federation buys more droids and Strikes Back" Nah, do not know. Whatever we guess, George will have something else planned. Who'd have thought he'd pull "The Phantom Menace" out of the bag? It's synonymous with Star Wars now, but it sounded weird when we first heard it. Maybe he'll continue with that style and base the title around Sidious again.

Plo Koon
The working title is "Rise of the Empire', but it's almost certain to change. How about " Excellent characters left to sit in a Round Room and say nothing 2"?

queeq
"A New Hope about to Fall to the Dark Side of the Force and 3PO finally gets some plating, not the right one, but he's ready for space travel."

Gundark
"Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the galaxy" EPISODE 2 !!!!!! laughing out loud

darth fester
jar jar stinks dies is a good one

or The shadow falls

queeq
"Curtain falls for JarJar, Annie and Padme get it on."

Ushgarak
Careful, you'll have Thrax and Zereil round here like a shot.

Owl-Stretching Time?

queeq
They will? What's the bait?

Ushgarak
Padme in any 'getting it on' sense. They'll hate Anakin for it, too...

queeq
Really? Oh goody.

Oh Thrax! Oh Zereil! evil face

finti
Love of a jedi stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Plenty of that around here.

queeq
What's love got to do with it? evil face

Ushgarak
Um... plenty, I'm sure...

queeq
Lust I think. evil face

finti
didn`t know you were a Tina Turner fan queeq

Ushgarak
Oh, no room for lust on THESE boards, surely?

Dim
Nope, absolutely not stick out tongue

ratcat
No, none, nadda, zero..... smokin'

mah
"the return of jar jar binks"

Ushgarak
Where!?

Oh, phew! Just a title suggestion!

Actually, I didn't mind Jar-Jar... (braces himself...)

Darth Pants
WHAT?!?!?!?Nah, he wasn't that bad. I don't want to see him crucified as badly as other people, but I want him to be more of a background character, like he casts one vote in the senate and that's all we see of him 'til he takes a clean, quick blaster bolt to the face. A fitting end for one whose antics are so pitiful (I did chuckle uncontrollably when his tongue went numb though...).

Ushgarak
Me too. I thought he had a Daffy Duck-like quality to him, was great for the kids and in no way single-handedly ruined the film like some claim.

queeq
He did contribute to the Disney look TPM had here and there.

MasterMind
"The Darkness Within"

queeq
"Sith of the Round Table"

Ushgarak
Oddly rnough, none of the joke replies have been as funny as 'The Rebellion Rise Forth"...

Are they ever going to use the 'The Balance of the Force'? That one has been thrown around for AGES. I think it's an emergency title they have ready, just in case.

Dim
Yeah...some people like to blow things out of proportion..

Sparky12
i think that whatever the title ends up being, it will specifically address the situation. so, i would suspect something along the lines of what plo koon said with "rise of the empire". and episode III specifically addressing anakin's seduction.

queeq
EPIII: "Fall of the Jedi", that'd shed a whole new light on the title ROTJ.

Ushgarak
But it would break the tradition of not repeating important words in titles.

Darth Pants
"Episode 2: Too Many Planets" I think the title will focus on Anakin, looking at ANH and ROTJ, they both referred to Luke (maybe not, open to discussion). At least one remaining title will be based on Anakin, TPM referred to Sidious/Palpatine.

finti
ANH refered to the fact that the rebels were able to steal the plans of Death Star thus giving them hope to continue the rebellion.
ROTJ refer to Darth Vader`s return to the jedi order by destroying the Emperor.

jedi212guy
"The Lost Ones", or "Dark Forces Rising"

Ushgarak
The use of the term 'Dark Forces' would be a tad unforgivable, wouldn't it?

Welcome back, buddy!

jedi212guy
Yep, GL would be murdered if he named one of the movies like one of the EU books!

Dim
How about something else..like Dark Empire Rising?

finti
dark empire=EU sad

jedi212guy
Could it just be something very simply, like "The Clone Wars?"

Ushgarak
That IS a good bet, actually, except that repeating 'Wars' may seem clumsy.

And The Darkness Within has already been used in about three thousand other sci-fi things.

jedi212guy
Oh well, back to the drawing board. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
There is always 'The Balance of the FOrce' on standby, like I say! that would work for ANY of them. They'll use it if they ever cannot come up with a title in time.

DarhJin
MasterMind, your title is the best so far, but it seems to only pertain to Anakin/Vader caracter and not the whole movie. smokin'

Dim
Hopefully GL has come up with something a little ...splashier.

queeq
I don't like "The Darkness within". Too cryptic for SW.

Ushgarak
Indeeed. And he won't use something that has been used before.

JediOasis
I think they will end up just using "Rise of the Empire" or something simple like that. Look ESB, that title is very straight forward too.

Ushgarak
Heck, look at 'Star Wars' I mean what's that? Star... Wras... how rubbish! But only when you first hear it. Over the decades, it no longer means Star...Wars... as in War in the Stars... but 'Star Wars', a whole concept in itself. it doesn't even sound like it did at first any more.

TPM will be the same soon.

queeq
Nah, too boring. TPM had flavour, ending at "Rising" or "Within" just doesn't sound very SW to me. Neither did ANH, though, but that became the title much later.

RedWill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.