The Return of the King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

johnnys#1 fan
how many people can not wait till LOTR the return of the king I know I can't wait!!!!!

ahaetrkarykl
i am sooooooo excited! i just saw the two towers again because it came out yesterday and wow im soo excited! i think im more excited for return of the king than matrix revolutions, which for me is saying a lot!

johnnys#1 fan
ya I know I bought LOTR the two towers on DVD and I watched the preveiw for the return of the king and omg! it looks awsome it looks soooooooooooooooooooooooo sad I cried sad but it also looks very good!!!!!!

ahaetrkarykl
man i am excited for return of the king. i have no idea what is going to happen!

johnnys#1 fan
I have kinda a idea I know that merry will become a warrior I hope he doesn't die and the evil side thinks that pippin has the ring thats like all I know sad it comes out in the theatres December 17 2003 I don't think I will be able to wait!!!!!!!!!

VampirePrincess
I am getting Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers this week... Not to mention I can't wait for Return of the King. I love Lord of the Rings.

johnnys#1 fan
same here its my fav movie of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I also Love POTC and Benny & joon!!!! but LOTR is my favourite! Happy Dance

chica16
words can't describe how excited i am for ROTK haha... it looks awesome... i mean once ROTK is out and the trilogy is complete... there will be no need for me to see any other movie as long as i live...cause you know it ain't gonna be better than LOTR

fini
wellllllllllll besides any movie Orlando Bloom is in Chica16..laughing out loud

i'm gonna watch Rotk everyday for a week when it comes out.
i think i'll be sooooooooooooo excited that i wouldn't stay still when i'm going to see it

billyboyd4ever
i am gonna be incredibly happy when rotk comes out, yet devastatingly sad. TTT is my favorite movie of all time, and after ROTK the only thing we have to look forward to is a possible hobbit...**crosses fingers** but i kno rotk will be good...

Kes
You know there is a LOTR forum so..
moving--moved

billyboyd4ever
ok...back to rotk...

fini
WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOo ROTK ROTK

lotrlover7000
SPOILER: You do know Theoden is killed at the pellannor right

Sifer
ahaetrkarykl: Excellent Picture Man! Amazing Film, simly amazing. (As are all his films - or at least, his part big grin). "F*CKING PIGS!!!"

Oh and LOTR is going to OWN smile

fini
WELL DUH lotrlover

chica16
IT'S SO CLOSE YET SO FAR AWAY

billyboyd4ever
i kno!! thats what i hate about lotr!!! everything takes sooo long to come out!! mad but i still love it anyway big grin

lotrlover7000
Shut Up Fini

lotrlover7000
There is probably some stupid people here

CaptainInsano
BillyBoyd are you joking!?! lotrs has taken practically no time at all, one movie a year is a new record and a milestone! thats is incredible, and 3 kickass movies I might add

pinksuezo
hey 1 yeAR IS STILL TOO LONG !!!

BOPRecruit 16
one of the lotr actors said the movie took 1 1/2 to 2 years to make! not one year, no way!

pinksuezo
i thot we was talkin about how l0ong to wait till movie comes out

b-ball_chick
Guyz do u noe orlando bloom wanted 2 act cedric in hp?

katie1989
did he really, hes a bit too old!

katie1989
i cant wait for return of the king but ive heard rumours that theyve cut out the scouring of the shire, i liked that bit it kinda wraps it up

CaptainInsano
I thought that part was kinda stupid and I hope they take it out cuz they just did everything and are beaten up and want to rest FINALLY and they gotta fight still!

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
i sorta agree wif the "captain" at that point. lolz. since its that last movie ots not really good for them to start fighting at the end even tho that's how the book goes

b-ball_chick
mmm gollum dies in da 3rd book rite? yea think so!

fini
hmmmmmmmm ok now all these threads are sounding the same.........yes no scouring of shire, gollum dies ( and these aint spoilers)

i thought that lots of people would have talken the time to read that damn gift of a novel tolkien wrote..............u all did have 3 years to do it.....hehe

CaptainInsano
I read all the books except for FOTR which I am reading now and am 75% done with. But I agree they har excellent books and you should read them. If you just watch the movies your just being an ******* to yourself

fini
hmmm they have editions where allllll 3 books are in one novel.......yes i compared it and its the exact same thing........just a bit bulky

chica16
i didn't like the scouring of the shire i'm glad they're leaving it out... it might've been alright for the book but i think it would mess up the movie

BOPRecruit 16
i loved that part of "scouring of the shire", that should not be taken out! wraps up the loose ends and shows that hobbits can defend their own turf and all!

pinksuezo
yes theyre spoilers damit ppl quit ruinin it for the unaware

billyboyd4ever
i liked the scouring of the shire too, but didnt we already have a thread about that??? anyway...if they dont show the scouring of the shire how are they gonna do the part when saruman leaves for good if you kno what i mean?

Dark_Queen
well, if they leave out scouring of the shire it will be a tragedy! but guys, they will leave other parts out too im sure.so its nothing new

turin
well i have seen pics that show saruman "dispatching" middle earth after a fall from orthanc, but then i heard that those photos were released to throw fans off, but i am sure his demise will be something to that nature.

Sifer
Dark Queen - The scouring of the shire is not relevant for cinema goers now is it. What, another hour of footage just for the scouring which would be meaningless for people who haven't read the book. Peter Jackson has made nothing but the correct decisions making this film. Go Jacko!

BOPRecruit 16
i know shelob is in the rotk, but i would've killed them if they took that part out! j/k

Member.
they could never have taken that out. it's the part where frodo understands that gollum can never become good again.

billyboyd4ever
yea...too true

BOPRecruit 16
i know, but wouldn't that be scary? can't wait to see pix of shelob...

Dark_Queen
sifer, the scouring of the shire is relevant! it wouldnt go for another hour.PJ would edit it somehow anyway.its very important in terms of saruman & wormtongue(dont want to go into it 4 those who havent read it!) and its an emotional part of the book,to see the shire under threat. i think i might have a pic of the hobbits in the shire at the end...so maybe PJ will put it insmile

Dark_Queen
i cant find the pic of the hobbits in the shire inROTK-ill get back 2 u sifer l big grin but anyhow,the scouring of the shire should stay

pinksuezo
queen, u prolly heard ab this aredy, but i heard saruman and wormtongue are gona get the scenes u mentioned early in rotk, instead of at end like in books. wont be hobbits with bows, though, hint hint

Sifer
It is not relevant for cinema - They could do it as an extra for the Collectors Edition of ROTK or something. But it is definately not needed for the cinema. The death of Saruman can come earlier without anything being hurt. The pain of Frodo's shoulder will probably be shown when they go to the Grey Havens and this will possibly be a chance to see Sam and his Wife Rosie again.

Don't worry, everything will be fine...It's going to be brilliant!

Orli'sMine
OMG!!! I CAN'T WAIT!! i was watching the preview on TTT-DVD, and i started jumping up and down, i can't wait till 12/17!! aaaggghhh!! eek! happy messed sorry, i get really excited over these kinds of things..lol. MoRe OrLaNdO bLoOm!!!!! love hehe

fini
argh soooooooooooo long, so much time to wait, i got the sound track right now and i'm going insane i tell u wat to do?

fini
heyyyyyyyyyyyy

turin
youve got the soundtrack for return of the king? i didnt think they had even finished it yet, cool. is it something you can send me, big grin

fini
not for ROTK................its fotr...........my brother had it alllllll the time and didn't tell me.........so i'm playing the hell out of it.........even got the lyrics for the small songs on them

ugthebarbarian
PJ already said they are not putting the scouring of the shire in the movie. He said for a movie it kind of drags it out. It would be fairly anticlimatic, because the battle of pelennor fields will be HUGE. The battle at the black gate will be huge too, but a lot shorter... and then the scouring of the shire involves only about 100 men and 100 hobbits or so... so its not that big and non-lotr ppl would be like "wut the ??"

fini
true dat

elromendil

billyboyd4ever
yea i am wondering what they're planning to do @ the end w/the shire. i mean are the just gonna come home + its gonna be some big happy reuinion?

BOPRecruit 16
the rotk soundtrack is out already? how can that be?

Morfiwen
yeah, i was wondering about that too! does ANYONE know about how they're gonna do the scouring of the shire??? they cant really leave it out, cause its important to the plot, but i heard they were going to!! (made me really mad too! )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.