Saruman vs. Gandalf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

johnnys#1 fan
who do you think will win Saruman or Gandalf??????

media_slayer
Gandalf killed a Balrog. need I say more

fini
shouldn't this be in the LOTR section???.....
welll it depends...........if sauron got back the ring( which he didn't) , gandalf will get killed.........but right now sauron is a spirit so until he can take physical form then we could have a battle

AND good always wins( well we like to think) so my money is on Mithrandir

Kes
Yes it should. Almost forgot about that area.
moving--moved

media_slayer
It's Sarumon. not Sauron. Get it right

turin
depends, gandalf the grey would loose and did loose, hence him being imprisoned in orthanc. now gandalf the white would win and did win, remember the confrontation where gandalf was on the stair way and saruman on the blacony. now neither confrontation was to the death, but if they were the victor would be the same in both cases. atleast in my opinion.

fini
opps.............BIg opps
GAndalf the white does beat Saruman...........he breaks his staff and casts him out of the order of wizards remember

turin
correct smile

pinksuezo
media slayer, it's Saruman. not Sarumon. Get it right

media_slayer
hey pinksuezo
it's media_slayer not media slayer. Get it right.

turin
calm down people, if people were always on me for my spelling i wouldnt ever get anything done.

pinksuezo
meida slayer why shud i give a **** how to spell your name?

anyway, bich at whoever u want, im outa this conversation thread.

media_slayer
Jeez... some people just can't take a joke. Whatever.

fini
ok i think we alllllllllllll need to go to a spelling class or something..........we got too much LOTr on the brain

and honestly i would have it no other way

turin
ya spelling corectly is for the birds, hehehe

Morfiwen
ok ive read the books so i know what happens, but just to make a point - sauron is just this little flaming eye on top of a tower!!!! and gandalf just rocks

Morfiwen
oops
saruman not sauron
wow, i really feel like an idiot embarrasment

BOPRecruit 16
gandalf would so win!

FreeMason
Well a better question...what does Saruman become once he is no longer an Istari?

elrond72
Saruman, or rather curinir to give him his maia name would, like sauron was after his body was destroyed, be required to return to valinor to face the judgment of manwe. Sauron refused which is why he hung about in middle earth. No-one knows what happened to saruman but I wouldn't fancy having to face the lord of the valar after betraying him. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Exabyte

elrond72
Never read Unfinished Tales. Is it better than The Silmarillion?

Exabyte
It's different. The Silmarillion tries to tell the whole story from beginning to the end (heavily edited / retold by Christopher Tolkien); the Unfinished Tales select a few stories and give Tolkien's original text, which is more detailed than the Silmarillion, but also very fragmentary, and needs clarifying comments by Christopher Tolkien.

ajayaggarwal254
Gandalf beat him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.