trinity confronts mero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rysdigital
seems like an important scene to me.

from the new quicktime trailer. it's trinity holding the gun.

Korri
wow sumbody aint happy

Crash_Overload
lol. It was bound to happen

SpikeSpiegel
That proves the merrovidian isn't that powerful I mean letting Trinity get to him and put a gun to his head. I mean if it was korri you could understand, she seems scary when shes angry and its about Neo.

Crash_Overload
HEY!!! That was MY line!!!!

Korri
no fighting boys smile

Crash_Overload
I just say that when people say or type what iwas about to say or type, or what i usually say or type.

Dexx
mero's power is not necessarily phisical. H has OTHER kind of influences

Crash_Overload
So you are saying he can control other programs?

JediHDM
In other forums, people say that the Merovingian is Lucifer in the Matrix, and Lucifer was the "Lord" of the demonae, or of Hell. This makes me think of the Mztrix as Hell, and Mero. is maybe the lord of the Matrix, giving him power of the programs of the Matrix, even if it is only the programs that don't want to return to the source. Mero. may have been the first program to NOt return to the source.

Another_Smithy
Who ever said that Mero was powerful physically? Brains are the real strength in fighting.

SpikeSpiegel
tell that to smith and neo

icansee
Meo sucks!
evil face

Korri
lol well said!!

Sifer
Do not judge a book by it's cover wink

JediHDM
true that.

Korri
heehee

hodgie723
haha

icansee
What do most men with power want? More power.

Seems to me that M is full of smoke he is just trying to gain more power to cause more trouble, abit like a politician who boast like they know everything but they do not.

Look how low he rated Neo even when Neo finished his off his goons, he ran off and still boasted.

Sifer
Just to add, Lucifer was cast down from Heaven because he wanted more power. There is more depth to the Merovingian than many of you know smile

gabimr2
mm.. lets put it like this.. merovingian -"Lucifer" wink

Sifer
Well of course he is smile

gabimr2
hahahaha stick out tongue everything in the matrix has something to do
with the bible .. for example.. Zion of course .. one of the
biggest cities..of the bibble.. wink

Teunis

Korri
Perephone in greek mythology was captured by hades and forced to marry him...hades is the god of the underworld

Persephone is the Merovingains wife......mibbe the Mero is like Hades???

The Omega

Sifer
Hades: He is that too smile And many other things wink

JediHDM
The Mero. was not helping Neo, he got the keymaker for the power that having him would allow, ie house in mountains with doors into city. Having the keymaker does not keep Neo away from the source, for Neo didn't know that he had to go to the source until after talking to the Oracle. And besides, everything happens as it does for a reason, a purpose. Nothing is coincidence. And as i have said before, the Mero is metaphorically the evil choices of man incarnate, ie power, lust, greed, etc.

And Zion isn't one of the biggest cities of the Bible, Zion is the promised land, the holy land, that which Judeo-Christian religion seeks to attain.

gabimr2
mmm.. no.. the promised land is Canan

JediHDM
I am sorry, Zion is also the name of the holy city of David, however, Zion is also:

An idealized, harmonious community; utopia.
The heavenly Jerusalem; heaven.

I was taking it for these meanings, not the literal Juresalem meaning. I apologize for contradicting you, this is what happens when you post in the early morning.

gabimr2
hahahaha dont worry!! stick out tongue

Sifer
Tell that to a Rasta.

gabimr2
who is rasta? big grin

but.. it is Canan.. the promissed land to Moises wink

Sifer
Who is Rasta? A Rastafarian. Promised land = Zion (no I am not referring to Moses).

gabimr2
aaa ok"..that's different! wink

The Don Won
I belive sifer is quite confused. The Zion in the matrix films seems to have more of a coralation to the Zion of the bible. With their jewish back ground you would imagine they would have more information on the biblical Zion rather than the rastafarian Zion, which is taken from the biblical Zion in the first place.

You think thats weed your smoking? ... hmm...!

theprophecy123
did you know ...you probably did... that reloaded was banned in egypt for its strong religious themes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/2980432.stm

Korri
wow!! the poor Egyptians!!

Sifer
In Rastafarian belief, Zion is referred to as Heaven, or Ethiopia. But yes, it is derived from the biblical meaning.

The Wachowski's said this when they were asked what religion they were:

Non-denominational

From what it seems, they have a vast knowledge on many religions, history, myth, legend, conspiracies, movies, etc.....

They said it themselves, most things in the movie have multiple meanings smile

The Omega
If we overlook any religious interpretations there are countless others. Everything from obvious connections to cult writer William Gibson (and even more so Greg Egan), to the extraordinary displays of martial arts and pyrotechnic balletics of the Hong Kong action film, to comic-book superheroics, to the dark, downbeat look of the graphic novel, the plot arc of The Terminator, allusions to Hitchcock, The Wizard of Oz, Dark City, Ghost in a Shell and Alice in Wonderland, and all shot through with substantive meditations on predestination and what sort of becomes a Zen guide to virtual martial arts.

And Zion, in the Matrix, seems to be more of a "promised land" than anything else.

theprophecy123
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/rockon.gif

The Omega
Ok

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/band.gif

theprophecy123
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/pimp.gif Happy Dance

Korri
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.