School Books are VERY expensive!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
*sigh can anyone guess how much I spent on school books this semester?
$673.
WHY????
*sigh*
ok I had my whine....I'm good now big grin

fini
lmao..........thats why i dont buy books......and a few of my texts are oxford low cost editions which are less than TT$50..........which is about US$8

and i photocopy the rest of them , since i never have to use my entire texts for a course......

Julie
wow.....wish I could do that....I think I'll sell some of these back at the end of the semester, but I don;t think they'll give me all that much for them

yerssot
sorry to hear that julie... here... have a chocolatebar smile

Ushgarak
Hmm... worrying..

Crash_Overload
Use we borrow our books fom the school. we only pay if they are dammaged!

Dexx
yeah..we had that in the first 1-8 grades. Now we buy our own also...though they're not that expensive.

Fire
hmm that is a lot of money, hey I'm glad the goverment pays most of our books over here

Kes
Here you pay for everything from the 1st grade till the end.
Not cheap either.

Fire
good old social security
don't worrie kes your time will come, of the union gets of their ass

Kes
lol

Fire
anywayz I still have to go and buy my books but I have time enough

KidRock
thats why ur supposed to break into the library or whoever has the books and steal em! or kill your roomate hide his body and take his bookes.

i didnt say his/her because i think hurting a woman is just WRONG!

Fire
killing a man is ok, but killing a woman is not????
weird thinking
I'd never hurt anyone, unless it was really necessairy

The Omega
Uhh.. I'll never forget a third year book at uni. Just one book for functional analysis that cost the equvalent of $ 110 for just the ONE book.
The lecturer'd written it, and of course had to have it printed on Springer Verlag...
I still have it smile
Hey, any math studenst out there interested in a slightly used... big grin

Tex
Yeah, I've been lucky this semester, two of my books are paperbacks, so my total only came out to $475, usually its up there with yourseek!

Fire
hehe go belgium smile

Kes
Atleast some of you can sell the books. Here they change every year.

Fire
hmm some change not all do smile

The Omega
Kes> Your books change?? So your biology book morphs into a history book, or... big grin

Kes
lol Funny Omega big grin
Yeh but its amazing how many ways you can write the same stuff.

Fire
just ask reports they're the best at that

mechmoggy
I don't have to buy books, the library at UCE is quite good.

Fire
lol you don't have to buy any books to studie from?

mechmoggy
Nope, I have to study so many different Engineering and Management topics that the books would cost thousands. We have to loan all research material or use the net.

Fire
okie just wondered that's all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.