Another bombing in Iraq

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Holcomb

Crash_Overload
Thoes americans are only asking for trouble. Soon enough, they will have nothing else to bomb

Dagons Blade
CO you seem to be quick to point out Americans and their bombing campaigns, but refuse to see the damage that Canada has and still continues to dish out to the American Indian-taking what little land they have left and cutting down what trees are left and pushing what remains of my Algonquin brethren off their lands to make room for your mills and roads.

Also, let's not forget the prejudice that still remains among the 'good ole boys' that leads to the occasional gang beating or killing of some innocent Indian who's minding their own business.

Oh, and since there happen to be some Frenchmen left in Canada, lets remind everyone that the French tried to impose THEIR will on the people of Indochina, or Vietnam as we call it. So laugh it up, ***** all you want about America, but remember that when it come to the imposition of will and the forcible establishment of political and cultural beachheads, noone is innocent...

finti
but they didnt bomb this mosque

Dagons Blade
No the Americans didn't bomb the mosque (if that's what you mean but even if you don't the fact remains that Americans didn't bomb the mosque.)

Regardless of the Shi'ite-Sunni rivalry, let's look at this and see that it was perhaps the Baath and Saddam loyalists that are doing this-and while people continue to blame America for murder and this and that and whatever else they can pull out of their ass...the fact remains is that Iraqis have defied Islamic decree by hurting and killing each other.

In true Islam, it's a crime to even THINK about hurting your fellow Muslims. So while the process of peace may be bogged down in Iraq, don't forget what's happening, and the fact that it shouldn't be happening under Islamic law.

It's a mess all around..

Crash_Overload

diegocala
bla, bla bla...

happy kine
it happens. and will continue to happen for the rest of my life amd far beyond. we need hate so we can have love. with no hate how would you know what love is... you wouldn't. so basically war and voilence are just a part of nature... get over it. we do need to tone the level of warfare down to swords and knives, but war is here to stay.

Dagons Blade
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.............well maybe you'll think about that the next time you decide to criticize other people's shortcomings before looking at your own.

Besides, I FULL BLOODED, not half. My colors don't run. And it dosen't matter if it was a couple hundred years ago, or 1954 in French Indochina-you guys STILL did it.....you think time washes away the blood?

You're more ignorant than I am if you think that......so you're French, and you're offended, get over it. People get pissed every day.

Tell your brethren in Europe to star earning their UN andNATO pay by actually making a committment to the international scene, instead of taking sides with the country that ran over you twice in one century, or some middle aged balding Russian president who still sees himself as a communist....

Crash_Overload
If the French don't want to Fight, Well they have there reasons. It is not like YOU HAVE to go fight. This time there is NO conscription. I know what happened. You may be more knowledgeable, but you do have like 20 years of time ahead of me.

Dagons Blade
Crash_Overload says
You are judging and entire population when it is only a few of them. Ounce again... I feel targeted, as for i resemble most of that remark.

Well then you know how Americans feel when they get treated like shit every time they go to Paris-you guys treat tourists like shit but yet you want their money right?

You get what you give, the golden rule. That's life. Maybe of you actually treated people better you wouldn't have to live with the stigma of being a bunch of sissies who only care about eating snails and frog legs with a glass of wine before you make love with your face to a woman who dosen't know what a razor OR a bathtub is for. Fu*K YOU!!!

happy kine
DB says "You get what you give, the golden rule. That's life"

and your giving shit to people...

Crash_Overload
*holds comment* so true.

Crash_Overload
AH HEM!!!! i am Canadian, Born and Raised. I did say that.

Dagons Blade
Whay am I doing this? Because I want you to realize the unprovoked shit that we Americans live with every day-for no reason.

America never did anything to the French, and you had our backs against the British in the Revolution, but that was only because you wanted to get back at the British.....let's be honest here.

You loved us when we died for your Freedom on Normandy Beach during D-Day, right? And you put awy your differences with the British when they died for you too, right?

Yeah you may have hurt feelings, and 2 wrongs may not make a right, but this is the type of hate Americans live with every day, and since America has never done anything to the French, (in Canada OR France) I just want to know.....WHY?

Maybe if you saw it thru our eyes, you'd think differently...

Crash_Overload
Maybe cause they just don't want to get involved in another war! Oh and Also because they said "If the UN supports the invasion, then we will go"

Dagons Blade
Yeah you get what you give-so why don't you guys over in Canada and France just layoff of us, and try to help us with the future?

You know, everyone in Europe laughs at the French, and it goes past the Monty Python thing. So there has to be some truth to it. Maybe it's time for you guys to change.

And yeah, the French don't have to fight if they don't want to, but where would Europe be if America took that position?

You may say that we did it because we were attcked and had no choice, andwe did it for ourselves, and that,inthe same boat, is why France decided to help us expel the British during the Revolution-a personal chance to get revenge.

So we're all guilty of self gain for political purposes.

Does THAT make sense?

Crash_Overload
Yes in way. But the leaders changed. Nothing is the same. Look at the population before Black Thursday.... During.... The generation that lived it...... And us now.... we waste a LOT. Our Grandperants did not. Even if they were just kids during that time. (well for sime of us)

Dagons Blade
If you listen to the UN you'll get nowhere. Alright look, I'm sorry I used the F word to you, but you also used it to me, so let's forget about it. OK?

Yes I DO have twentysome more years experience in the world than you, and it pisses me off when people say 'whatever' and just layblame on whoever.

America has gotten the blame for way too many things. One of you here said war is a part of history, and this is just part of the ongoing cycle. Agreed.

However, this all could have been avoided if we had the same coalition in 1991. What makes it so different NOW than in 1991?

It was over the oil, because the other allies knew that if they failed to participate, that Saudi Arabia and Kuwait could have just pulled the plug on them, and bingo,no more oil!

So to accuse Bush of just wanting oil is wrong,because oil,and the need for it, was what got the coalition into Iraq the first time. It goes far beyond the military objective of liberating Kuwait..it comes down to the maintenance of personal and national gain. But yet America gets all the blame.....

But we're ALL guilty, simple as that. Case closed.

Crash_Overload
*Shakes D.B.'s Hand*

Dagons Blade
Crash_Overload, you're right.

Yes you kids DO waste a lot,
so my advice is to stop saying 'whatever' to everything, and go from there and try to work to make the world better. It's not going to happen if we sit here and bicker like this or wait for the world to become a legalized drug free zone under a groove....and yes I have the right to put down drug abuse too because many of my people have suffered and died from it. But that's another story.

You have to understand-I don't want to hear anythng bad about MY homeland any morethan you do YOURS.

But the fact of the matter is, is that French, and more lately French Canadians, and Canadians in general, have been unnecessarily nasty to the U.S. And we are ****ing sick and tired of it......you wonder why you get it back?

Just stop, and try to see that yes, America MAY have had the wrong execution of the right idea, but this is where allies come into play-the true meaning of an ally is someone who sticks by you thick and thin (hello and thank you England!)

Your neighbor falls down, or suffers a tragedy, you help pick him up and give him the help he needs to get him on his feet again.

In 1956, America brought France's economy back from ruin, and all we got was shit and shoved in it, no thank you, nothing.

And if you don't believe me, look up the article entitled "America, The Good neighbor," by one time Toronto journalist Gordon Sinclair. You can find it on the 'Net. And don't be swayed by the naysayers who pass it off as speculation, because I have a copy of the actual editorial, and it DID exist.

It may be 32 years old or so, but points toward the trend of Anti-Americanism we see today. And alot of it for no reason I might add.

I'm going to stop here, because this has gone far enough. The street runs both ways, and noone is getting anywhere.

Part of being smart is knowing when you're wrong, and I DO apologize for my statements, but look at how much America has been through, and the way everyone has added their own brand of insult to injury. Anger usually happens for a reason, and this is one of those reasons. you can't criticize someone they way WE'VE been getting it w\o getting it back. It dosen't work that way.

You say you're not like the others, well neither are ost Americans. You insult us, we fight back, and then you ask why you got bitten. Prove to us that some people appreciate us, just don't say it.

You KNOW we've helped people as well. It's just that all the bad is more popular than the good because it makes better headlines. And everyone buys it.

And all the while we fight and bicker, the real threat continues to grow, and if we don't band together, they win.

Another decade, another century: re-rite history, or repeat it. The world's choice.

Dagons Blade
*Accepts and also gives C.O. a hug,because there's not enough to go around.*

Work together man, not separate. We can do it.

diegocala
awhhh, promise myself cry I would not

happy kine
maybe the arabs and jews will get along next. if crash and dragon can get along anyone can.

Crash_Overload
Yes i agree. On a lighter note,

You shoudl check out Canada's army. Air Force = 16 F -18 and 1 goose with a six shooter. no more
Navy = 2 Subs. 4 don't work
Ground Force = Well many people Wearing GREEN camo suits in the desert. AND ye old WWI guns.

happy kine
canada doesn't need an army as long as your near the US. we'll take care of the army for the world

Dagons Blade
Well to recap the whole thing.... yes, I'm a bit older than
some at the boards and have more intricate knowledge in some cases,-and when C.O. and I insulted each other, I could have just kept going on and on and on insulting him and making him feel worse.

But I DIDN'T. I explained to him the anger and hurt
that comes with being American, and the fact that many Americans are tired of hearing all this bashing.

I tried to make him understand, and to see just what we live with by giving it back. The only way to appreciate the other guy's cup of tea is to taste it right? Nothing personal.

I think this sets me apart from the average gung ho "America all the way" types because I have self control, which is something that many have truly forgotten about. I could have went on hurtinghim, but I didn't.

Just remember I knew when to quit, and when to reconcile. And remember that you have met an American who isn't afraid to admit his wrongs, or work with his neighbors.

You have to understand the real deal here:

9-11 was a wakeup call that showed us that we STILL have the spirit to pull together. Many volunteered and because of their efforts, N.Y. saved 3 BILLION dollars in cleanup and removed the wreckage 8 months ahead of time.

And I'll remind you that I WITNESSED the attacks that day. So I have reasons. Strong ones. You watch 2 planes hit 2 towers, and you watch people die from jumping out of the buildings, watch them collapse, and you tell me how YOU would feel.

We succeeded because we pulled together-
and that's ALL that most Americans are asking from our allies, to do the same. Instead, it comes down to what happened here between me and O.C. but only on a larger basis and inthe end, it we don't work together, we're all going to be sorry.

Yes the other countries may not want involvement, but just think about every person from every nation that were killed on 9-11, as being not only American, but your own respective countrymen as well as being French-American, Canadian-American, whatever. Because they ARE.

The enemy has shown their total disregard for human life,and I for one think it's time we stopped kissing their asses and taught them that decent people can fight back just as well, and win.

But again, it won't happen if we sit and do nothing. We won2 2 world wars because we all worked together, and we can with The War On Terror too, if we work together.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, so get on the train and let's move!

If the American Indian can make lemonade out of 500 year old lemons, we can win this war with no problem. Just don't give up!!

OK I'm done. Time to replenish the oxygen level wink

Peace out, I love you all, and if you haven't forgotten, you are all still mitakuye ouyasin- "All my brothers and sisters."

DB
aka

John River Snake

btw-you never use your warrior name because it's believed the magic will run out of you use it too much, but after this I feel you guys should know who you're talking to wink

Ushgarak
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! What the hell is all this? For a start, why was a serious thread about a particular subject opened, in all places, in the off-topic area???

Secondly, please, no political debates oin these forums- precisely because of the horrendous bad feeling they can cause.

Moving this to the GDF, and closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.