favorite horror director

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
well pick one, my personal favorite is george romero and of course tobe hooper, no surprise there

wicker_man
Wow this is a difficult one but my personal choice is a close tie between Georger A Romero (Dawn of the Dead is a classic) and John Carpenter (The Fog,The Thing and of Course Halloween) so im gonna stick with these two. I'd also highly rate Alfred Hitchcock who is the master of horror and thrillers to say the least.

ragesRemorse
hitchcock, but the best horror writer is clive barker

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hard to choose...

eminem/the one
wes craven is the king of movies for real rock rock rock

Tired Hiker
I'd pick sam raimi if he were up there, but not all his films are horror films, is that why he's not up there?

ragesRemorse
Wes craven is far from being the king of movies, he shouldnt be allowed to make movies anymore. watching his movies anymore seem like he's making bad movies on purpose which is a good possibility

eminem/the one
hey man thats your opinion just happy to be here.

ragesRemorse
yeah and there was probably no reason for posting my opinion about him but it just makes me mad how he has lowerd his standerds

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i agree with rages...and i voted for George Romero

BackFire349
wes craven has made some outstanding horror flicks, and actually has what could be the most innovative horror film in the past 40 years in last house on the left.

Tired Hiker
Last house on the left. i'm gonna have to check it out.

BackFire349
it was the first horror movie that was really different then any before it. it paved the way for Texas chainsaw massacre, halloween, and alot of the other horror movies that used realism to disturb, rather then fictional stuff.

Tired Hiker
So, it's the root movie. What's Romero all about? Not familiar, i don't think.

Tired Hiker
what else has peter jackson done besides my favorite, LoTR. aND i Know he is doing cabin fever, and he also did phantoms or something like that, what's up with him, what puts him on the map? i love PJ, but I only know him from lotr.

ragesRemorse
yeah craven has alot of great moviess but lately it feels like his movies have gone gown a great deail in quality, almost like he's not even tryin anymore

Tired Hiker
What's up with that last vampire one he did?

eminem/the one
craven is the best but romerostill is good to

BackFire349
romero did night of hte living dead, dawn of the dead, and day of the dead, among many other horror movies. and no, peter jackson is not doing cabin fever, they just snagged a quote from him for the commercial.

eminem/the one
oh really why not it would probley make the movie real good rolling on floor laughing

BackFire349
the movie looks like it could be good anyways.

eminem/the one
yes but it would be better.

BackFire349
maybe

Juventini
WES craven rulessss dudessss rock

h0ck3yh0rr0r
wow no one voted for john carpenter

Striel
I voted for John Carpenter, but I wanted to vote for Tobe Hooper and Clive Barker as well. One of the best directed horror movies was done by Stanley Kubrick: The Shining. I'd rank that up there with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Night of the Living Dead as being three of the best directed horror flicks.

BackFire349
yep, the shining is the only movie to ever really scare me.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
what about cannibal holocaust?

BackFire349
that didnt scare me, but i found it a bit shocking and disturbing.

Striel
Cannibal Holocaust? Where do you guys FIND that movie? A friend of mine from another town told me about it, but it is nowhere to be found around here, and I don't want to buy it without watching it.

BackFire349
that is probably the only way you will be able to find it. it is near impossible to find unless you purchase it online.

Striel
Is it worth the money?

BackFire349
in my opinion, yes

johnny_rotten
I voted for John Carpenter. Only because one of my fave films "The Thing" is his.

Dario Argento
Well, I love George Romero, Lucio Fulci, Rogero Deodato, Paul Morrisey, Dario Argento of cource, Wes Craven, Alfred Hitchcock, Roger Watkins, Tobe Hooper, John Carpenter, Mario Bava, Jess Franco, Michele Soavi, Umberto Lenzi, and that is only the beginning.
So it is really hard to pick one.

grymlock
Cannibal Holocaust is must to have and to watch... well it's actually a classic... anyway i voted for john carpenter... cheers!!

Leftomaniac
Wes Craven's had a fantastic horror career and made some really outstanding movies in his life. I think recently, however, he's gotten a little full of himself. He's hoping low-quality work will run just because he's associated with it. He's also started putting his name on some bad, bad stuff that he has very little hand in- (case in point- "They"wink ...I guess it's possible his career is just winding down, but I'd bet he's still capable of putting out something special... still, I'm not really holding my breath.

I love Alfred Hitchcock, but there's something about him-- like he's the default horror director, or something. It's like being a fan of Shakespeare, you know? Of course, that's certainly not his fault, and it doesn't diminish his skill as a director.

Clive Barker, I've always thought of more for his writing than his directing. *Shrugs* John Carpenter's okay, but he's defiantly not my favorite of the people here. George Romero, Tobe Hooper and Dario Argento are AWESOME, uh... Damn, can I just pick all of them?

Also, why isn't Ed Wood up there? ^_^ (Notice: I say favorite, not best)

BackFire349
ran out of space, there were others i couldnt put up there. and i agree, i think wes is done making movies for the fans of the genre, he seems to now be making them for everyone else but the fans of the genre

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.