the pianist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robincooper
well as usual i watched my friday night film last night, when i found out that this film was a war film about a pianist (obviousley) i thought i wouldn't enjoy it, but MYGOD!!! Itwas amzing really gave me another view on the war, it is brilliant, does anyone out there feel the same way.... or not? smile

BackFire349
i think it shoulda won best film of last year, not that crappy chicago.

robincooper
totaly agree

Fire
ofc.
The pianist is a masterpiece

robincooper
it is brilliant, the pianist is the greatest film i have ever, what gets mes it is a true story, amazing. i though shindlers list was the best holocaust portarayel but this film is amazing, it should have won somthing last year!

BackFire349
man, just because the director raped some girl 25 years ago, a great movie gets denied something it deserved whole heartedly. people need to get over that stuff, it was 25 years ago, by now the girl woulda had her cornhole de-virginized anyways. yeah im harsh, too bad, people need to get over events in the distant past.

robincooper
i didn't know that happened?

Fire
hmm
no ppl have to understand that some events have no relevance to other events smile

and BF now The Pianist had a decent story compared to POTC

BackFire349
well of course, its story is on a totall different level then POTC, POTC was mainly for mindless entertainment, the pianists story served a much greater purpose.

Fire
yea but then why did you say that POTC had a good story it didn't

Kes
Guys Pianist, please I get enough POTC.

Fire
we were just comparing kes smile

the Pianist is way better anywayz, btw didn't the lead player from the pianist won an award?

BackFire349
this is relating to the pianists story line, so its allowable. i said that POTC had a decent story line compared to other major hollywood releases, and by that i mean movies that were released for no other reason then to make money. you cant compare a passionate work like the pianist with a fun filled action movie like POTC. it they just arent in any relation. ok kes im done.

Kes
Yes he won an Oscar.
How can you compare the pianist to POTC?blink

Kes
Ok. Never mind. Moving on.

BackFire349
he won an oscar, but his movie didnt. thats something else i found very peculiar about this years oscar. the pianist won for all the aspects that make a good movie. (best actor, best director, best screen play) but it somehow didnt win best movie. so we are to take it that a movie that was acted the best, directed the best, and written the best isnt the best movie of the year, very strange. since all those are the aspects that make a movie good.

Fire
okie maybe but still....

good that he won an oscar tho,
what was his name.... think think think???
Roman Polanski?

that's the only name that comes to mind

Kes
yes thats it.

Fire
woohoo
*preforms a lil' happ^y dance*

fini
HOW the hell did POTC come into this thread...............good grief people get a grip

i want to see the pianist movie really badly........dont have a vidoe so have to wait for it to reach cable.

The only thing bout the director is that he cannot come back to the states cause he is on a rape charge..............of a 13 year old girl.

But anyway i cant wait to see it

Fire
it's very good

lukeyduckey
This was a v v v good film. The story really made you think and made you really care about the charcter played by Adrian Broder (excuse sp).
Well i think the director thing must of been slightly forgiven (not all seeming if he lands in america he gets areested) seming he won best director. Although i reakon it shoulda won best film, i wanted Martin Scorsce to pick up best Director. He deserves one.
But The Pinaist top film

Fire
okie smile

elromendil
hey i got one question..i saw the movie on a plane from america to germany and watched it in english...there was one part where the nazi guy who helps him and the main character only speak german for almost 20 minutes...without subtitles..was it like that in movie theatres, too? i mean how did you undeerstand it in english speaking countries?

johnny_rotten
I think its one of the best movies ive seen this year. A very impacting experience watching it. One movie that is not easily forgotten me thinks.

lukeyduckey
No subtitles?? as far as i rember it did.
top film

CandyKoRn
they should have best Genres.. instead of one best film catagory...

Maybe that's just lame, but hey... *shrugs*

lukeyduckey
Well go ahead girl, lol show as the power

Kes
lol Mine had subtitles. Even without its easy to understand. They keep it quite simple.
I saw it last night and I must say...very powerful movie. Adrien Brody deserved that Oscar. Its..WOW! big grin

fanatos
Did the actor really play the piano?

fanatos
What song was he playing for the german officer that helped him?

Kes
Dont know, but doubt it was him. It was waaaay to good.
Sorry dont remember.

movieman
My favorite film from 2002.

Solo
The film was amazing. I had low expectations when watching this but was bamboozled. It was fantastic.

KillTheLight
I agree it is an amazing film.It's one of my favourites, it's so sad.

Solo
Word, easily a favorite.

Cinemaddiction
Ditto.

MildPossession
The actor learnt to play the Piano for the film Fanatos.

BlondeBombshell
Yes he learned to play the piano for the film, and they also had several expert pianists play on the soundtrack. Adrien Brody lost tons of weight to play that role, he was REALLY starving. And I think it was all Chopin, all of the piano music. I would like to get that soundtrack, very beautiful. Roman Polanski is a genius, loved China Town and Rosemary's Baby and also 9th Gate.

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, I was considering renting "The Fearless Vampire Killers" sometime, personally.

Solo
Ah, thanks for reminding me.

fanatos
9th Gate was Roman's? I was enjoying the movie until it ended. I was expecting something huge to be revealed about that book, but all I got was Depp f***ing that stupid chick outside the castle blink .

Anyways, back to The Pianist. Wow, I've posted here in 2003 big grin . Maybe Adrien Brody (btw I liked his performance in The Village) did learn to play piano, but I think the whole performance was someone else's, ppl spend years (sometimes their whole lifes) to learn to play like that wink . Besides you can see the original player's name in the credits and it's not him. Duh!

P.S.
I liked the part when the nazis throuw that old man out of the balcony.

BlondeBombshell
Oh I know, I didn't like the end of Ninth Gate, but the rest of it is cool. Yes, they used several pianists in the pianist, they list them in the end, I think there are about three or four people that they use.

BlondeBombshell
That's a strange film. Sharon Tate is in that, with dark hair. Very strange film. Rent it just to see it. I am not sure if I like it, but it is worth watching.

amity75
Adrien Brody is a great actor but it's gonna take his lead in King Kong to make everyone sit up and take notice of his talent.

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by BackFire
he won an oscar, but his movie didnt. thats something else i found very peculiar about this years oscar. the pianist won for all the aspects that make a good movie. (best actor, best director, best screen play) but it somehow didnt win best movie. so we are to take it that a movie that was acted the best, directed the best, and written the best isnt the best movie of the year, very strange. since all those are the aspects that make a movie good.

Wow, I just finished watching this movie. I must say, it was the best movie I've seen in a long long time, especially when I have been thinking I've seen a lot of good movies lately. I watched The English Patient recently and thought the same thing. For some reason, Backfire, I thought of you when I watched The Pianist. I thought, any true horror fan would appreciate this film, so I am pleased to see that you liked this film so much.

After seeing this, I am a huge fan of Adrian Brody. I always liked him, however I let this film slip by. Best film! Polanski did deserve more as well. Best Director, best film, maybe? I noticed that this film took a huge particular to how Jews ate in those times. I thought that was the most powerful aspect. The last hour of this film is Godly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.