EPISODE-I DVD Release Date Announced!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ratcat
October 16th 2001, that's the day that worldwide distribution of the Episode-I DVD is set to start.

You can get the entire story at the Official Star wars Website.

Official DVD Release Announcement

There are tons of special features, including all 12 on Lunnes Diaries, the trailers, various commentaries and a brand new 1-hour documentry entitled "The Beginning"

The package is a 2 disk set.

Ushgarak
About bloody time, too. It had better be good!

queeq
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's got commentaries and you can switch between the animatics and the theatrical version while watching the film. Yippeeeee.

Deleted scenes with totally finished visual effects, especially finished for the DVD. Yipppeeeeeeee..

Commentaries by lots of people, including GL and RM and many many more.... YIPPEEEEEE.

Look what they made me do! The made me say YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. big grin

Darth Pants
Don't get your hopes up. The inclusion of so many other versions of the film may mean it's on a flipper disc.... sorry to bring you all down. Nah, doubt Gl would do a thing like that come to think of it. Sorry, as you were.WAHEEEEEEEEEYYYY! big grin

phinney6
I dont have a DVD player sad sad

kdawg
I wish I had a DVD player. I would be really awesome combined with my dolby surround sound and 46 in. big screen. big grin

mk1979
What! You have a 46 inch TV with surround sound, but you dont have a DVD player! My friend, it's shamefull! I suggest you penny pinch every cent you can, save up $300 bucks before October, and buy a DVD player! Remember how the Matrix made people buy DVD players, we'll the Phantom Menace DVD should put a DVD player in every home! I'm off to buy SONY stock! wink

finti

ratcat
Well I just KNEW I had to by a DVD last week. Something told me to do it. Maybe there is something to the Force after all... laughing out loud

KDawg
Well at my dad's house the computer he has can play DVD but there is no surround sound for it. And the screen is only 19".

KDawg
And on another note, I'm getting $600 for settlement from a car accident not to long ago. I'm saving it for a DVD player and a Microsoft X-Box.

ratcat
Doesn't the X-Box play DVDs with full Surround, Dolby, etc?

queeq
I don't get it, watching movies on your computer. A bit daft if you ask me.

Anyway, more good news. Release date for UK is Oct 15, and for Continental Europe (including Holland) Oct 17. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I was afraid I'd had to wait for a few months or so. I am still waiting for Ben-Hur to be released in Holland, it's been released in the US for quite a while now. *still waiting*

mk1979
I just found out that the DVD is only going to be 30 bucks! That just rocks my tofu! As soon as YAHOO allows pre-orders, I will do just that! big grin

ratcat

queeq
I can probably get it for 20 pounds, or US$25. I get a good deal from my video rental store.

kdawg
Hey RC, goodlooking out man. I just remembered that the X-Box does play DVD's. I am such an idiot.

razman
The X-Box does have DVD capabilities, but I don't think they provide the player with the default system...might be an add-on.

Anyways about the DVD release....Yipee!

mk1979
Should I pre-order?, I was going to definately, but now that I think of it, it will take at least three days to arrive at my house after it becomes available! That sucks major booty! I dont think it will sell out or anything, I mean when it came out on tape, there were tons of them, I think that they should have enough to get some the first day. I hope i'm right, but that Amazon.com 7 bucks off deal sounds mighty tasty! Suggestions please!!!!!! confused

queeq
Go and pre-order, dude. You know you want it, might as well cash in on the discount. GL's making enough money on us as it is.

ratcat
Amazon normally dispatch early to arrive on the day of release.

kdawg
I'm going to have to wait to get the DVD because I need to get the X-Box, whenever I can get my hands on it that is.

ratcat
"need and X-Box" Why?

kdawg
Because I need the X-Box to play DVD's. I'm not going to get a true DVD player. The X-Box has the capeability's to play music, dvd's, and dolby surround sound.

queeq
So does a proper DVD player, Lance.

kdawg
But on the X-Box I can play my games also. Otherwise I would have to shell out another couple hundred bucks for a DVD player and the X-Box.

ratcat
Clearly, with the right connections to your TV & Speaker system you have a point.

Go X-Box!!!

DD
If the DVD has an international release then wouldn't that mean that the countries in the east will, in a way, get it first because we're further ahead in time? Perhaps, for once it might pay off to be in Europe.

Bragg2012
Anyone have any idea when the OT comes out on DVD?

rolling on floor laughing

queeq
OT? 2006.

ratcat
That's a guess though. 8 months ago everyone said we wouldn't be seeing any DVD's until 2005...

Sure there were people making random guesses but no one really knew for sure until about 4 months ago about Episode-I, and then the date was still sketchy.

queeq
Don't get me wrong. I won't mind it at ALL (!) if it came out sooner. In fact, the sooner the better. We deserve it.

ratcat
What would be nice in

ANH in 2002
ESB in 2003
EpII in 2004
ROTJ in 2005
EpIII in 2006

or something like that...

queeq
Even nicer:

TPM on October 17 (Holland, October 15 for UK, 16 for US)
OT on October 18. laughing out loud

ratcat
Agreed, that would be nice....

And I'll be sure to gloat for the full 48 hours.....

Bragg2012
just downloaded the Ep1 DVD commercial and BABY! it looooks good.

cant wait
big grin smile big grin smile laughing out loud big grin rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.