What do you ppl like about LOTR and wut do you dislike about it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
eek! Hey ppl! I want to know wut you guys think about LOTR. disagreeing is allowed. hehehe
Happy Dance

undomiel
I love the story
I also love the story between Arwen and
Aragorn smile
But I HATE Eowyn!!!!

silver_tears
agreed i hate eowyn miffed but i like the story its so wonderful big grin
and i love all the different races of middles earth and such big grin

CaptainInsano
Pros. I love the story/character's...its almost flawless
Cons. nothin...except in the movies gollum looks a little to cartoonish and PJ left out a lot of FOTR even though most of it wasn't important (ahem Bilbo's book, "there and back again"wink

fini
oooooo i love the fact that the movie was made for all of us to obsess about.
i hate the fact that it wouiild have been wayyyyyyyyyyyy to long to make in its entirety

silver_tears
i like the fact that the movies come out every year at the same time and theres only a year wait in between big grin

mah
Why exactly do some of you hate Eowyn?

silver_tears
because she wants aragorn miffed and hes not available

tiger lilly
i want aragorn... do u hate me....?

silver_tears
nope i hate her well actually i dont hate her but i dont like her stick out tongue

mah
Newsflash; it's fiction.

chica16
i don't like arwen... i liked her alright in the book but i dont like her in the movie

TopVideoGamer
Newsflash. Let's get back on topic. We don't care if someone on the boards likes another member.

I like it cause it's not just a movie. It's telling a epic story.

The music is awesome.

silver_tears
i wasnt talking bout a member stick out tongue

fini
oh FFS people its only a book/movie.........u cant hate someone unless u havea really good reason......
and being attracted to someone that is taken isn't a proper reason.........
I'm sure alll u gals/guys have been intensely attracted to someone that was VEry unavailable.

and eowyn is gonna rock in this movie......she confronts the witch king

undomiel
it just seems like eowyn is trying to steal Aragorn from Arwen
and Eowyn didnt do what she was told and went to the war anyways

Fire
I for one really like Eowyn in the books and the movies
but I also like Arwen

the one which I really dislike in the movie is Galadriel but only cause I think that's a casting error

billyboyd4ever
i dont really like eowyn either but i dont blame her for that because:
a) you should already kno this but she kills the witch king + that was a huge help
b) my faovrite reason is that if it hadnt been for her merry wouldnt have gone to the battle either + i liked that a hobbit was in pelannor fields
so even tho she wants aragorn in the beginning, we all kno it turns out for the better anyways...

billyboyd4ever
anyways what i love about lotr is: casting, story, music, pretty accurate movie, and tons of other things
i hate: the torture of waiting for more, and some things they left out, even tho i kno they mite not make sense to non-tolkien people

shadow link
the thing that really pissed me off was the accademy awards

shadow link
FOTR should have won more than four-for 14 nominations

shoul have got best music or watever its called

should have easily got best director with the amazing job pj did with it-how hard would it be to make it, almost as hard as titanic and that won a stack of academy awards

same for the second movie-more nominations, i should have at leats been more nominated than just the special effects and sound. i mean come one. that was a minor point compared to the other triumphs of the movie. in fact its cruel to say that it only exceeded other movies in the fx

ROTK must and i mean must win especially best picture but best director, best music and all the other ones it was nominated for in the fellowship

shadow link
but more on the subject, well i think its very under estimated

o kiMMii o
eh coz itss such a damn gooda$$ trilogy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

billyboyd4ever
ooo i kno!!!! for TTT it only got two!!! urgh that pissed me off sooo bad!! mad

username39120jo
i think rotk will get nom. for the most ever, fotr tied with titanic, ... but best director, film, score,supportin actor, ect, everything

billyboyd4ever
it should!!!

fini
well u should know that rotk wont get that many nominations cause a lot of the categories are For originals........and this will be the 3rd time its been to the awards............so categories such as screenplay, original score, sound editing, acheivement in sound, costume, make up...... it wont get........

ANd i saw an earlier comment on galadriel being a bad casting............i beg to differ........Cate Blanchett was perfect.........tall, fair and terrible.......the only better castings were for Gandalf and Aragorn

billyboyd4ever
yea i thoguht galadriel's casting was very good....i liked basically all the casting...anyway rotk could win best picture this time because its the ending, so im crossing my fingers

Fire
if I am not mistaken, according to FOTR galadriel is one of the most beautiful women on earth right?

billyboyd4ever
you think cate blanchett is ugly?

Fire
she ain't very attractive or beautiful in my eyes

Hypernova
I thought the movie was good.

It added to my book experience and I love the book.

I liked the casting... though the one person I was most hesitant about was Miranda Otto as Eowyn.

And I don't think Eowyn purposely tried to steal Aragron from Arwen (in the early stages she didn't know he had someone in his life like that). And there was many qualities that Aragorn liked about Eowyn, and if he didn't have Arwen in his life, he possibly would have liked Eowyn -like that.

fini
oh how many times do i see people saying this...........eowyn was not trying to steal Aragorn...........sheesh..........if she was then she woulda tried to seduce him or something.............and there was no reference in the movies or books bout that...............so people give it a rest

StrgzrCndyPixie
golom i think thats how u spell it forgive me if its not but he was so funny

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
yo fire cool it down will ya...this doenst matter about hwo many times that thing about arwen and ewyon has been mentioned...let teh pl speak for gods sake...your not th eone who made this forum....so cool...it if you don't like it then go to another forum..don't get angry at ppl...you wouldn't knwo if they're new at this or this is their first forum they typed in. so guy cool it or out

billyboyd4ever
hehe thanks smile
the other thing that i dont like about lotr (+ dont bash me cuz i only dislike 2 things) was SOME of the alterations from the book, mainly how the scouring of the shire was taken out. i kno it would be irrelivant to non-tolkien fans, but if it was like in the EX version then i will be satified and my complaining forever over

XxtinuvielxX
Eowyn must die but other than that, they are the best movies ever made. It would be cool if they didn't have cut stuff out but then it would be long and couldn't contain some people's intrest. (it could keep my intrest, partly couse of my husband, i mean Legolas...heh heh)

Namarie!

Orli'sElf7
i think that they should've won every nomination they got. i hated chicago and that pianist movie with the brody guy? they were soooo boring!! lotr was much better!! they...and PJ ...DESERVE to win best picture!!!!!!!!!!!! yes yes..all in favor? Lol

mah
ROTK will win about 10 Oscars the next Academy Awards. Trust me.

yerssot
we never do, you know that

mah
You'll all obey my words when the next awards are revealed!

yerssot
how can we obey
"ROTK will win about 10 Oscars the next Academy Awards."?

Fire
mah did you lose your brain somewhere along the road

10 oscars?? you're nuts, it's gonna be sweet but not that great a movie

mah
It is a given, Fire, a given. They're reluctant to give many oscars to each film in a trilogy, but for the last they will give awards as an honouring of the whole trilogy. Thus, we will see a shower of LOTR awards.

yerssot
how many did titanic won? waaaaaaaaaaaaay more then it deserved too imho

*ducks as dicaprio fans throw various objects at him*

Fire
I'll need to see it, before I believe it, it winning 10 oscars would be amazing

yerssot
*knocks on mah's head*
ROTJ ? or is SW not a trilogy?

mah
Wait and see, my good waffle, wait and see.

silver_tears
i love lotr big grinbig grinbig grin
i hope it does win ten big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

yerssot
and if it doesn't, mah? we are supposed to forget about this?
no! I demand that if they don't win ten, you go live on antarctica!
(now, where is that diva smilie?)

Fire
nah. he needs to buy us 5 crates a beer

yerssot
per person, I hope!

Fire
ofc.

yerssot
just making sure whistle

oh and mah... only good quality beer, no american crap

Fire
yea and no dutch heineken stuff either

yerssot
palm for me wink

billyboyd4ever
i think rotk will cuz its the end of a series + those usually go over big....*crosses fingers*

shadow link
is ten based on any particular facts or figures coz y couldnt it win more

y couldnt it beet titantic

i mean think about it

shadow link
ten awards that is

shadow link
coz i definately think either FOTR or TT should have easily won in excess of about 8

especially the first one from 14 nominations

i

shadow link
i think TT had a lot more competition though, not in visual effects but in othetr things like costumes, so thats y it may not have had as many nominations - but that still doesnt meen its right

plus TT was in the middle and suffered becaus eof that, i dont know y thats just wat people say

shadow link
plus this is pj wer talking bout

its the last in a trilogy

hes goign to outdo himself

bring all the characters, from what ive seen and herd there doesnt seem to be that much competition

shadow link
but heres something that hasnt been brought up, the Sp FX department LOTR alwayds wins that, but wat about the Matrix Reloaded and revolutions, ROTK is competing with them both

so even if this time it wins all the ones of it should have before it may not have as many coz of Matrix

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mah
shadow link, please try to only post one post at a time in each thread, and put all you want to say there. Thanks.

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
yo mah not ot be offensive but wuts wrong with putting up multiple posts? is it like annoying to you...well if it is...deal with it....lots of ppl do it...i even do it...so wuts the problem?

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
hey i want to know wuts your fav. things about all 3 books/ 2 movies.
i want to no everyone's reasons.

Fire
Yea the matrix will certainly be tough competition

I think the Academy Awards will be quite good this year

Fire
TTT is the best book and FOTR is the best movie

mah
It spams up the threads. And there's simply no reason for posting several posts right after another in the same thread when all could be contained in one post. The forum would be a mess if everyone posted tons of posts in a row in threads.
And no, I don't have to deal with it, I'm a moderator.

Orli'sElf7
really? i thought RotK was the best book and (so far) TTT was the best movie...lol there was more action (and legolas..haha :lovesmile in the 2nd movie..i cant wait for the pelennor fields batter *bouncing off walls* Happy DanceHappy Dance

billyboyd4ever
yea i kno....that really pissed me off how they got like nothing

Orli'sElf7
PJ deserves best director this year!!!!

Fire
we will see

shadow link
u mean next time put all i said into one post

Orli'sElf7
lol..yea she said it spams up the thing if u post multiples : /

billyboyd4ever
hehe spams... stick out tongue
anyways did anyone not like any of the cast members?? i thogutht he whole cast was good, but miranda otto's my least fave

mah
He* big grin

shadow link
right

i dont know y people keep saying that about miranda otto, oi thought she was one of the strong acting roles

in my opinion no characters wer my least fav, or maybe im not critical enough

Orli'sElf7
sorry mah!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud well shadow i guess its a matter of opinion, but everyone seems to not like her : ( i love her character. shes a very strong feminine character

CandyKoRn
Authority seems to bring the worst out in people..

*ponders*

shifty

Orli'sElf7
sorrie i just never kno lol i mean it could b a guy or galz name rite? no offense mah lol i just joined in sep so sorrie!

mah
Heheh, no worries at all. cool

Arwenishott
i dont kno y everyone hates miranda otto so much. probably cuz she likes aragon but thats a stupid reason. she acts well in the movies, and everyone tries to find every little thing wrong about her character and blow it out of proprotion. anyways my favorite scenes are with the elves and i think that the rotk was the best book and tt was the best movie so far, but i think that rotj will be much better

CandyKoRn
Miranda Otto is a good actress...

If people dislike the character (Eowyn) don't take it out on the actress....

billyboyd4ever
whatever im free to my opinion + you're free to yours.... big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.