hmm something thats never been addressed i dont think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

icon
In M1 when neo touches that mirror as they're freeing him, he starts to get covered in a silvery liquid, and it engulfs him. Think about what smith does to people in M2... its the same except black. In the any of the matrix movies, you never see that liquidy shit come out on people as they're being freed. and the way it traveled over neo reminded me of how it was with smith. but the thing is, the crew of the neb sort of knew what the stuff was I think. It seems they did at least. But anywho, perhaps that was the code being inserted into neo to make him be the one, or what not. you know, having it copy onto him like smiths mojo juice turned banes brains (:smokinsmile into smith virus. what do ya think

Korri
hmmm......interesting and well put if i may say so laughing out loud

Sifer
I will say again:

Everything that has happened to Neo has happened to Smith (Vice Versa) EXCEPT For flying and copying smile

Sifer
Well spotted though.

The Omega

Sifer
Don't try and be ****in funny!

Let me see:

Firstly Smith wants to get out. So does Neo.
Neo gets out. So does Smith.
Neo is rebellious against the system. So is Smith.
Neo is killed by Smith and Smith is killed by Neo.
When Neo is about to rescue Morpheus Smith shouts out No! Then later Neo does the exact same thing.
When Neo and Smith are fighting in the Subway they do the same diving move and run out of bullets at the same time AND end up in EXACTLY the same position.
They can both feel each other.
Smith inserts his hand into people's torso and replicates himself. Neo puts his hand inside Trinity and brings her back to life.
Everytime they have fought they have never beaten each other.

Want me to continue?

JediHDM
That just shows that they are character foils, opposties, it doesn't show that they are exactly the same.

icon
i see your point siefer... but you didnt answer the question. The question is why. What you said is... how should I put it... A means, it is not an end. What the f**k?

Dexx
no i don't think they are connected. In m1, that thing is design to awake the subject from the matrix by shocking him. That cold liquid is just a means of doing it.
in m2, the liquid in smith's multiplication is just a graphic way to show the progress of copying. ...my opinion

Sifer
I will also add a few more just for the sake of it.

Smith refuses to be deleted by choosing the Matrix instead of the Source. Neo does the same.
Bane(Smith) is unconscious in the Real World, so is Neo.
Smith is also trapped in the Matrix at the same time. So is Neo.

Sifer
But you did not ask for a why. So I did not give it.

Sifer
Oh just to say also: The mirror effect was a hallucination and is the reason Trinity and Morp look at each other - cause they haven't got a clue what he is seeing.

I believe the Wachowski's say that it's a hallucination in this interview:

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/cmp/larryandychat.html

The Omega

theprophecy123
watch the matrix revisited again

icon
the matrix revisited? whats that?

Sifer
Omega: Ignorance for you it seems, is bliss.

You clearly haven't watched the films properly if you disagree.
The points you just tried to retort with are to put it bluntly, pathetic. Not a single point I brought up did you justify properly and instead come up with excuses such as:

Aside from the time Smith killed Neo. And when Neo deleted Smith.

Let me think. Did Neo stay dead - no he didn't - wow, now thats a revelation because guess what, neither did Smith. Again, mimicking each others actions. So shut up and think about it logically before you try and disect something you clearly have no understanding of.

Sifer
One person I recall shouts "No!" in the first movie (aside from Smith and Neo) Cypher, but that is quickly followed by:

I don't believe it.

Sifer
Oh and it's just one entire ****ing coincidence that anything major that happens to one of them also happens to the other. Bollocks! The Wachowski's don't do things by coincidence.

Sifer
I will add some more I think:

Smith: We're here to take from you what you tried to take from us. Purpose.

Then we have.

Smith: We want the same thing as you, we want everything.

I can put some more if you want to be persistant.

JediHDM
I will agree with Sifer, in that the W-ski Bros. do NOT do anything just as coincidence. Also, I agree that Neo and Smith are similar, Sifer, but that is only to amplify their differences, as Omega seems to be saying. And, just to say, Neo did not stay dead because of Trinity's love for him. Smith did not stay dead because he DIDN'T WANT TO. Big difference. Also, Neo didn't have the choice of choosing the source when he died, that is only PROGRAMS, not humans, and only programs that are obsolete, not dead.

The Don Won
My opinion is that they are not the same rather the opposite.
Alpha and the omega.
one and zero (making binary code).
both have similar goals but not the same.
Without one i belive that the other will not progress to their finality i.e. the control of the matrix.

theprophecy123
when neo died (lets say 'deleted') and he came back to life, he was the one and therefore his fate was to go to the source

B166ER
I Believe donwo because the path ofthe one is made by the many, and i thik that neo and smith def. share some kindof connection wth one another

icon
Jedi, neo didnt stay dead because of trinitys love, like you said. but smith didnt stay dead because of his hate... and yes it is hate, as you can see he starts to have human emotions towards the end of M1.

B166ER > They do have a connection, incase you missed the part in M2 where smith says "Then your aware of it?... ...Our Connection"

The Omega

JediHDM
Maybe i didn't say it in so many words, but that is what was implied, as Smith hated the humans, maybe or the Matrix, more likely, so much that he would disobey his programming and come back, unplugged.

Guys, or girls,whichever, there are more ideas than just yours, and none of us knows exactly which is right, until Revolutions, and we may still not know the answers to all our questions, unless the W-ski bros. do an interview and allow all questions to be asked, all answers revealed. I'm not saying either one of you is essentially wrong, but not everyone, including the W-ski bros., may agree with you.

Sifer
Firstly, I did not in any way say that I am a SOLE authority on the Matrix. But ffs, isn't it obvious that they are connected - Smith say's it himself ffs. I am absolutely not over-interpreting their connection at all and if you want another example to prove otherwise then here goes:

Revolutions Trailer:

Smith and Neo facing each other standing along the double yellow lines down the centre of the road. They start running towards each other at EXACTLY the same time, they take steps at EXACTLY the same time, they are running in EXACTLY the same way, they are both running with one foot on one line, one on the other. Then when they reach each other they take EXACTLY the same type of punch, hit each other at EXACTLY the same time and fly backwards at EXACTLY the same time.

Also, I did not state anywhere in this thread WHY I think it is happening, I said that it IS happening and you tried to prove otherwise. Now after me telling you the things they have done which the other has done, you say that I am over interpreting it and then in the same sentence you say its far more complex. Again, I have not stated WHY it is happening, just that it is. So from every post in this thread, have I said one thing that DOESN'T happen in the films or have I said anything that is a theory on WHY it happens. No.

DonWon: Smith = 0 and Neo = 1. Binary, it's impossible without both a 1 and 0. I tried to explain this a while back on another board (namely GameFaqs.com) and it's cool that someone else has said it (other than me and my friends).

Icon: B166ER actually said that they had a connection smile

theprophecy123
calm down ladies http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/boxing.gif

Sifer
I don't usually get this frustrated but it is something that is in plain sight in both movies and even the trailer for the 3rd movie. 90% isn't even subtle, it's like !boom! straight in your face. And it isn't something that I gave a reason for (in this thread) but I was accused of my reason being wrong.

I'm chilled now smile but really, if you're interested in more, then are a few more instances. But there is something important as to WHY Smith is doing some of these things (specifically AFTER Smith is destroyed in the 1st Movie) and this can be explained by something Neo himself says in conjunction with the Oracle - 2nd Movie, bench, something about programs smile

theprophecy123
i totally agree with the smith/neo thing!
so does hugo weaving

rysdigital
Sifer: 'usually when a program faces deletion, it chooses exile' ?

Sifer
Well there's that, but we already knew that smile

"Program's hacking Program's"

Think about it - how could Smith have gotten these abilities - he say's it himself. What does that make Neo?

tshirt

JediHDM
IT'S JUST A MOVIE?!?! WHAT!!!!! eek!
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no messed

Fire
I haven't read it all, but omega and sifer both have good points

just keep it cool ppl

VenomVA
Very Well put! smile All of it smile

Sifer
It's just coincidence that they mimick each others actions I guess....ahh well...oh wait - Providence, Purpose, not coincidence smile

I just find it funny how some of you can't see the MASSIVE correlation between Neo and Smiths actions. Yes there are variations in they way they do it and I never said there wasn't. But there is nothing wrong about the information I said at all, and if you had read my other posts on this board you should know I know what I am talking about. Everything I put was in simple form to prove that its there, you cannot deny it either because it is definately there. Well you can deny it, but that's your choice aint it :P

icon
Duh, the matrix is not just a movie. It's Real, and life is the movie. I would have thought that spending a few days on these forums would teach you that. Honestly roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maybe you should... FREE your mind? Get it? geek

Vim
the mirror and what is happening in the real world are linked. Neo can feel the coldness of the mirror, just as his body can feel the cold liquid on his body, that's what i think.

JediHDM
Sifer, tshirt, what each of you say is correct; they are a Yin-Yang relationship, and they are very similar, because they are MEANT to be so. It helps the story that Neo and Smith are similar, almost like different versions of the same man, like the different versions of Raskolnikov in "Crime and Punishment". There is a method to the madness, because it is more interesting if the antagonist and protagonist are similar: it gets boring really quick if one is much more powerful than the other, or if one is stupider than the other.

SO STOP ARGUING!!!

The Omega

theprophecy123
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/jerry.gif

The Omega
laughing out loud

Fire
keep it easy ppl

The Omega
Fire> Hey, don't worry. I'm simply debating. It's not a matter of life and death here smile

Fire
yea, NP but too fast debates can turn ugly so keep it easy

The Omega
Okay... is... this... slow... enough ? big grin

Fire
hehe smile

yea it's fine

Korri
Llaughing out loudL

JediHDM
so much sarcasm... this reminds me of someone...Who is it?...Oh, that's right, me.

Korri
oh gawd u crack me up sometimes u really do laughing

Sifer
Well if it aint a matter of life or death then why is it you picked upon an exaggeration made by me.

"Smith has done everything Neo has"

Ok, fair enough, I over-exaggerated, but OMG from what else I posted it should be clear that it was just that. Everything else that I posted in this thread HAS been correct and it is difficult for you to say otherwise as everything I mentioned actually happens in the film. Albeit, my explanations were brief just to prove a point big grin

The Omega

theprophecy123
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/stupid.gif only joking http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/thumbup.gif

Korri
awww leave Omega alone!!

theprophecy123
only joking!
it was getting too serious around here

Korri
ok if u say so

Sifer
Nothing less of telepathy my ass...It's called intuition!

Korri
laughing out loud

The Omega

burlyman
omega> yeh! big grin (disregarding 1st paragraph)

Sifer
Good, I'm ignored smile Eeeexcellent big grin

Sifer
No, but common sense from (as I said) reading the posts which came AFTER that, and looking through the comparisons I made, I think it should have been quite clear.

icon
I've Created a monster... DOH. Hmmm well we should just stop talkin on this forum. nothing productive is coming from it. If i wanted something like this, I'd go watch springer.

FLIPMODE
I agree with Sifer!

THERE the Council has spoken...you can all go home now.

No but really, he just made some really clear points, statements, that really left no real room for objections. I really did'nt even understand why someone replied to his initial post, in opposing form. THere is no other side to what he said.

It's not like he said Neo and Smith are lovers.

icon
Well... They told me they were. And why would they lie?

Korri
awwww *hugs*

Big_Diek
To sum up all of you retards argue, "Smith is the PERFECT rival" The mirror thing by the way, it's just Neo's "matrix" code F***in up, the pill, remember is suppose to screw up his code so they can find him in the real world, so maybe the mirror thing was what we were seing through Neo's eyes, maybe that's why morpheus ignored Neo's question about the mirror. Another shout out to Smith, he's awesome!

Big_Diek
cool

MR ANDERSON
well that was just normal.we never saw anyone else freed but like what u said the crew was not suprised so it must be nothing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.