ATTENTION: Posting spoilers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
I just had quite a bit of work going through the posts in the Minas Tirith/ siege -thread and adding spoiler tags to all the posts with juicy spoilers. There are MANY users who have not read the last book and thus do not know what will happen /do not want to get the story of the last film spoiled.

Therefore I'd appreciate that if you're going to post real spoilers about ROTK, use the spoiler tags:

-Text-

Add those tags (without the space at the end of 'spoiler') and I'm sure we'll have less users getting a good story spoiled. Thanks.

mah
I'm making this sticky for a while since there's still a good deal of non-tagged spoiler postings going on.

b-ball_chick
erm..wat r u talkin bout?

Sifer
Since when is Lord of the Rings a "good" story?

It's ******* amazing!

Oh and how long does it take people to read a book ffs. I read LOTR in a couple of days - and have done so many times since the first.

Ushgarak
The censor system is not in there just for you to get around it, Sifer.

mah
What do you not understand of the first post?

Sifer
It should work properly then. smile

lotrlover7000
At mount doom when does gollum say he saw sauron

pinksuezo
this is cool

omg i love lenore!!! too bad each thin book is like 15 bucks, or id buy em all.

katie1989
hee hee

katie1989
i had to edit that twice to get it right lol

Fire
but now you can so USE them smile

pinksuezo
hee hee too

ugthebarbarian
testing 123 thx for the tip guys

username39120jo
testing123

elromendil
- test -

test

trying ti figure this out...smile

elromendil

babsbabet
O.o hmm, okay

pinksuezo
damn straight!

ugthebarbarian
When are merry and pippin on the battlefield at the same time? sorry i just had to test that spoiler tag

pinksuezo
serious spoiler about rotk: when the rohirrim arrive to save the day in the pelennor fields, though i dont remember if it happens in the books

ItsAllMerryToMe
they never are....gandalf brings Pippen to Gondor since the eye is on him...Merry sneakingly goes to battle with eowyn...and lots happen there...the real reason Eowyn is holding Merry crying like that is
test<---this is a test just in case it didnt work wink

ItsAllMerryToMe
okay obviosly i spelt spoiler wrong...lol...well this a test again..but if i get it right the next post will have the actual answer...hehe...
test

ItsAllMerryToMe
okies...the real reason Merry is crying is causetheoden dies...i have loads more...whether they are scenes in the extended TTT or scenes that are in the movie...now remember people...even if you read the books and you think you know what happens...this is the movie...they took out and added alot of scenes....its gunna be amazing...if you want to now anything specific reply or send a post message big grin

Fire
hehe

ItsAllMerryToMe
ok how do you get a picture on the side of the post message...i cant find out how to do it..and i want one there...lol...can someone help me smile

lotrlover7000
this is cool

lotrlover7000
work

zionette
just testing,hee mmdumdillyumdums

ItsAllMerryToMe
dont put any spaces at all....everything is next to each other...that will make it work

pinksuezo
dont put any what? hehe

ItsAllMerryToMe
you had spaces between the brackets and the word spoiler for the code...but you fixed it now...thats what i ment...lolol

ilvorlandobloom
in that one pic of merry and what everyone says is Pippin, it doesnt look like Pippin. it looks more like Eowyn to me, which would make sense cuz they were together on the Pellinor Fields

ItsAllMerryToMe
that picture is of merry and eowyn...its not pippen...lol...its not possible...pippin isnt near merry anywhere during the battle...cause pippins at gondor...lolol

Arwenishott
id doesnt look like eowyn, and if you remember forn the book, eowyn s taken down by the nazgul and then almost killed by the wraith, until merry kills the wraith, and eowyn and merry then fall uner the black shadow. i think iwas reading that right, if thats not wut happened then tell me.

ItsAllMerryToMe
merry couldnt have killed the king wraith...its not possible..the king wraith could only be killed by a women...and it doesnt look like eowyn cause she had to dress like a man...and used a fake name... merry stabs him in the foot and then eowyn swings her sword where the head would be since hes invisible...and then after the king wraith is killed they go into shadow and are brought into the house of healing...but in the peticular picture...its of merry crying when theoden dies....lol...but it is infact eowyn not pippin

Danielle1983
just testing this-

ilvorlandobloom
thats what i thought

tiger lilly
ahem.... work?

tiger lilly
yay i did it! Happy Dance pat on the back for me

Ushgarak
It is NOT true that the Witch-King could only be killed by a woman. Glorfindel said the Witch-King would not fall 'by the hand of man'

Merry, who struck the important blow with one of few weapons that could actually hurt the Witch-King, as Tolkien describes in detail in the same chapter, is not a man, he is a Hobbit.

All that said... please do not use this thread as a discussion area!

ItsAllMerryToMe
yes...but the king wraith can still only be Killed by a woman...dont get me wrong im sure other beings can hurt him...but he can not actually die unless the stroke is by a women...that was emphasized in it...then they both have to go to the house of healing for coming in contact with the king wraith...but i will repeat...eowyn is the one who actually kills the wraith

muse5
i just noticed something... in that picture the upright character has an elfin brooch on... so unless eowyn has one of those i don't think it's her

ItsAllMerryToMe
all i no is that in that picture if it is merry and pippin then it has to be after the battles...when merry reaches gondor...cause that is the only place they meet....when pippin recovers merry and brings him to the house of healing...otherwise it has to be eowyn...broach or no broach....its just the way it is...trust me...lol

Fire
hmm, can we do what ush asked us to do and take the discussion somewhere else?

Ushgarak
No! Merry deals the important blow, Eowyn just twats it in the head afterwards. Which blow killed it is debatable, but as Tolkien expressly describes, only a sword like the one Merry carried could have done so much damage to the otherwise invulnerable Witch-King! And nowhere is it ever said in the books that only a woman could kill the Witch-King. It is only said that he will not die 'at the hand of man'.

Closing this thread- discuss the subject elsewhere if you want.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.