Mistakes In GoF (pretty good)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mg16

frootlooplucy
ok with the first one: that was voldemorts dad, and voldies dads parents (V's grandparents).

with the second one: i think that wormtail killed all those people buty with voldies wand, so it didnt matter who performed the spell.

with the third one: that meant that a MONTH after a particular day, harry only had scattered memories of the days that came after that particular aforementioned day.

and the fourth one: youre still confused. it wasnt really a month ago. its just... its mentioning the future, but not actualy being there. ok that doesnt explain it, but other ppl know what i mean, right?

and number five: the pensieve shows dumbledores memories. the dumbledore in the memory (at karkaroffs trial) said that snape had been cleared.

but number six i agree totally, thats a big mistake.

mg16
wow, i guess i am VERY wrong, thanks bout the first one, i was very confused lol, im so embarresed! :cry:

crazy_c
i think the reason he didnt see the thestrals wuz cos cedrics death hadnt sunk in yet cos he was still kind of in shock

zionette
yeah but harry saw his mother die

Becky_banana
he wuz too young to remember so he didnt really acknowledge it . Well dats what i think

Tonks
ok guys...... The reason why Harry never saw the Therestrals(I think that is how you spell it wink ) was because Cedrics death hadnt sunk in yet...(so i Agree with 'Crazy C'!!!) and Harry accually didnt see his mother die..... Either that or he was to young so yah I agree with 'Becky Banana' But with a summer of seeing Cedric die over and over.... It had sunk in to him by the next school year..... So accually that was not a mistake big grin

and for the Wormtail one......

Remember this Voldemort had to kill a certain amount of ppl in order to get beck to full extention.... so even if Wormtail had killed them then it was with Voldemorts wand and there for it might as well be him killing all those ppl....(I agree again with 'frootlooplucy'!!) So there you go I just thought that i would take it out a little more then they did so............

-Tonks

P.S. if any one needs me to explain anything then just pm me k big grin I would be very happy to do it for you so........

Member.
rowling is more sofiscated then some people give her credit for.

Tonks
sofiscated????(have no i dea. clueless)

IBTonks
the thestral mistake, is a mistake!!!!! caus u only have to have witnessed death to be able to see them, not for you too have feelings about that death, which he wud have after it sank in...if it happens in front of ur eyes, u have seen it (sunk in or not) therefore have witnessed it, so he wud have been able to see the thestrals...i totally agree with mg16 as i thought the exact same thing. oh and tonks....i like the way u said it metter of factly as if u knew exactly what u were talkin about! sweetheart u don't know as much as you think u do.....noneof us do...

Firefly Clover
Oh hey mistake! Prioi Incantatem gives reversed shadows. James died before Lily, so shouldn't he have appeared after her?

IBTonks
YES!!! well done! didn't spot that one!

Firefly Clover
I got about 20 mistakes throughtout the books here's another from GOF:
Moody (the Crouch one) hinted on Snape's dark mark who grabbed his right arm, so the DM should be there. But he later shows fudge the DM on his left arm.

IBTonks
well spotted!!!

Firefly Clover
Dumbledore calls Voldemort Slytherin's ancestor in book 2 I think, when it should be descendant. I can't remember any other GoF ones right now

Pain Drain
i have one for 3: It is my joke: it is the end of the month or the last week of the month. Therefore: A MONTH ago cedric died but a week ago a student was taken from the mist.

This is not a real answer, just a joke i realized!

Pain Drain
sorry i did'nt mean to post that: i just did'nt want to forget. So that is not a good answer

Pain Drain
acutully that answer is false! I just remembered! Oh, sorry!

unibrow
jk stated that it was in fact a mistake and has been fixed in newer copies..pity though..it wouldve been really cool if it wasnt a mistake...

Phoenix
JK has said in an interview that you only see threstrals when you have seen death, accepted death, it has sunk in and you are no longer in shock over it

cupkake
yeah in my copie of GoF james appears
after lilly

crazy_c
hmmmm.....dont know about mine i'll checl later.

CheryL_33
I don't think Bertha Jorkins Killed Cedric confused

frootlooplucy
... she didnt. blink what makes you think that???

weegie
didnt harry see quirrell die in the first book?

hotsauce6548
mg16, da only one i have any remote idea about wut ur talkin about is the thestrals which is true. wen harry is goin to the carriages he duznt realize the thestrals and it says "the horsless carriages trundled up the..."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.