tie fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth fester
tie fighters get their name because they look like bow ties

so why arnt they called bow tie fighters(sounds like craig david)

also ive never seen anyone in star wars wearing a tie or bow tie
so do they have ties in that part of the galaxy

maybe they should have been called a H wing fighter
or parallel wing fighter

what are your opinions on this

Zereil
Nothing to do with standing for Twin Ion Engines then?...

ratcat
You don't need our opinion, you've already made yourself look silly enough. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I thought they were totally insidious enemies...

ratcat
What about Terrifically Insignificant Empire?

Zereil
Ok dear I'm sorry I got all technical on ya...

Darth Ninja
I love the TIE fighters. TIE fighter is short for Twin Ion Engine fighter. If you want to know more about TIE fighters just ask.

Zereil
I already said that at the top of the page. Anyway then Darth what do you make of the droid fighters of the EU and what of the power failures that the Bombers appear to suffer from. I find it slightly odd as whilst in a planets atmosphere under the gravity restraints it may require greater power, in space I cant see where it finds such anomolous problems in space unless it relates to the energy based weaponry they use but I find it unlikely that the transferance of energy would be incurred surely the use of such resources would be inefficient and therefore not utilised by the Empire...

Darth Pants
Oooo! oooo! You've just reminded me of something I've been meaning to discuss for ages. Obi Wan and Qui Gon stowed away on federation landing craft, right? If those ships aren't designed for living beings to be transported, weren't the Jedi taking a risk in assuming they'd have life support? Even Yoda probably couldn't hold his breath for that long (and his eyeballs in his sockets, or OUT OF HIS SOCKETS? HMMM? let's kick off the whole space effects on the body debate again!)

Ushgarak
Well...

1. The descent probably wasn't that long

2. They have breathing appartus, remember...?

ratcat
And Jedi Meditation Trances...

Ushgarak
Yup!

ratcat
And who says there were no organics aboard anyway?

Darth Pants
Just always figured there weren't. Too much hassle putting life support in a ship made to be jam packed full of vehicles, and the Neimoidians wouldn't put themselves in the line of fire anyway, the cowardly freaks. I just don't think that anyone in robes could survive the cold harsh vacuum of space for more than five seconds, whatever their training.

Ushgarak
It wouldn't have been a vacuum, not by a long shot, though there may well have been no oxygen. The Jedi would have had the training and/or equipment to surive

ratcat
Well, the were in orbit so I guess the flight to the surface was probably quite quick.

Ushgarak
I'd be surprised if it was more than five minutes

ratcat
Me too, I mean those thinhgs swept down pretty damn quick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.