Metallica!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mujaffa
Best band ever or what=)????? cool

Mujaffa
eek!

Mujaffa
" Sweet Amber "

Wash your back so you don't stab mine
get in bed with your own kind
live your life so you don't see mine
drape your back so you wont shine

ooh then she holds my hand
and I lie to get a smile

using what I want
to get what you want

ooh sweet amber
how sweet are you?
how sweet does it get?

chase the rabbit, fetch the stick
she rolls me over till i'm sick
she deals in habits, deals in pain
I run away, but im back again..

ooh then she holds my hand
and I lie to get a smile
and she squeezes tighter
I still lie to get a smile

she holds the pen that spells the end
she traces me and draws me in

Mujaffa
cool

Mujaffa
Happy Dance

crazy_c
yup theyre pretty good

Mujaffa
they're the bestwink

Mujaffa
big grin

Mujaffa
cool

ragesRemorse
by far not the best, but still a great metal band from the past

Mujaffa
they're the past, the present and the futurestick out tongue

cermiestar
their last four albums have been awful and WHY oh Why did they swap bassists with black sabbath?

Fire
I still think they rule
and their new cd has very nice songs on it, altho some are very crappy

I liked their last tour very much

btw muja which cd is that first pic from, don't know it

ragesRemorse
reload was ok different but still had the metallica feel somewhere in it. garage Inc. was great i loved that album, S&M was respectable but not that entertaining, and St. anger is just the worst album iver heard in a long time excluding rap albums they diddnt change bassists on purpose hammit wanted to leave, he went with some small band. they really need to get rid of ulrich, you can see the dollar signs in his eyes when you see him. He's trying to take the glory of metallica for himself

DeNiro
they r a ****in kick ass band but mudvayne and pantera r way beter but i luv metallica alot though they rule rock rock rock

Fire
I heard, with a stress on heard, that hammit went to play for ozzy?

any truth in that rumour

ragesRemorse
no, i forget the name of the band but he said he believes there really talented and it was somthing new for him, but its a small name band

Mujaffa
it's from a single

Mujaffa
big grin

Mujaffa
just as you know it....ulrich and hetfield started metallica.....wouldn't you aswell have dollar signs in your eyes if you started one of the greatest bands ever????and by the way...St Anger is one of their best albums ever....wake up and smell the coffee....

how old are you anyways??i really hope that you're not a small teenage bastard who thinks that he knows what he's talkin about...
listening to britney and five doesn't make you greathttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/toot.gif

ragesRemorse
actually hettfeild and ulrich may have had the bright idea of starting the band but burton had far more to do with developing the sounds of metallica than any of the members. Since when has metallica been about the money? in the past they always preached how they were out for the fans and the music. I still believe there about the fans for the most part all aside of ulrich. Ive seen numerous interviews with the band since reload and he always seems to cut off the other members and belittles there opinions, he tries to give these profound answers thinking it will give him the spotlight.

St. anger is just a muffled repetitive attempt to find there so called roots and its an attempt that fails miserably. Its deffaintly not as heavy as any of there other albums but this is just my opinion and im not saying metallica sucks im just saying this particular album does. Ive been a fan for about 11 years now. Maybe they just need time to find some harmony with there new addition, or maybe there just running on empty and trying to gain a little extra milage off of the fumes of what ounce was Metallica. only time wil tell every band gets a bad album now and then

robincooper
to sum it all up news stuff shite old stuf f ROCKS!!!!!!!

Fire
hmm I still like Frantic tho

Mujaffa
cool

Fire
nice one

finti
They were good, I was kind of disgussted with them when they went out agains napster. (I can understand why artist wants to protect their creations but cds got way to expensive .So they have them self to blaim beecause of the greed of the record comapanies and artist.
The consumers hit back so they need to find a different way to please us. ) But in my views Metallica is finished, they have done their part

Fire
yea maybe they are finished, but they are one of the greatests bands ever

I wouldn't mind them touring with the best of metallica or something like that

and that napster thingy was indeed disgusting, but beszides that they're cool

finti
they dont make top 50 in my mind, but that is all personal about greatnes of bands though.

Fire
idd smile

Mujaffa
they still has many contributes too the world

ROCK ON!!!!!

Mujaffa
http://gfx.dagbladet.no/blink/smiley/asthanos.gif

Striel
Metallica is great. With the exception of their latest album.

Mujaffa
Great albums:
master of puppets
St. Anger
Load
S&M

Fire
BLACK ALBUM
That ONE ROCKED

Mujaffa
yeah...that toowink

Fire
hehe go muja

Mujaffa
muja...sounds like something ninja likestick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Master
And Justice
Load
Black Album
Fight fire with fire

Fire
dont have that fire with fire album

Mujaffa
Happy Dance

Fire
nice pic

Alexiel023
I LOVE METALLICA!!!!!!!

Mujaffa
Metallica is coming to NORWAYbig grin
yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and guess who's goingsmileHappy Dance

Fire
hmm too far
but they are coming to belgium next year

finti
bad thing about heavy bands in general, a lot of them never seem to know when their time is up

Mujaffa
their here in decemberstick out tongue

Fire
they already were here this year :P

crazy_rock_chic
they're cool

Fire
ofc they are

finti
worn out, washed up out of date

Fire
lol I disagree

Mujaffa
totally!

-=Urot=-
Imo Metallic's last and best record was the black album. Everything after it, save a few good songs were utter sh*t!!

Now they are over the hill, singing karaoke songs of a once great band. no

What ever happened to the Kick ass Metallic I knew as a high school student? What we have now is just a watered down version of the truth.

Sorry to say it but the real Matallica is Dead. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/rip.gif

The only one who hasn't sold out is Kirk Hammett! IMO he is still true to his music roots. He's the only one who deserves the right to call himself a member of Metallica.

Oh and St Anger is utter crap too. It should be called St. Wanker!

*** My lifestyle determines my deathstyle!! ***

sick Metallica's lyrics are utter crap-o-la! Period!

Sheepz
I'm still pissed at them about that Napster thing. mad

-=Urot=-
Your not the only one Sheepz. They were officially put on my sh*t list after that little stunt.

*** Greedy b*stards! ***

Mujaffa
i've got tickets for their show in norwaybig grin

CandyKoRn
I like their music, but I don't like them.

If that makes sense.

The Napster thing sucked.

ragesRemorse
ulrich and the producers destroyed metallica and i guess the loss of ambition in the band had a great deal to do with it but mainly it was ulrich and the producers that tore the empire down

Mujaffa
would you like to see your lifework go free on the Internet??

CandyKoRn
If you can get something free, why pay for it?

wicker_man
I'd be lying if i said i was a diehard Metallica fan ive only been listeining to them recently but what ive heard i really enjoy, like some of there earlier stuff also.

Evil Dead
I like hard rock and metal.............but do not particularly care for Metallica. I realize they have many fans so they can't be bad....they just don't appeal to me. I can count the number of Metallica songs I like on one hand....and all of those songs come from "Kill 'em All", "....and Justice for All", and "Metallica (a.k.a. the black album)"

I find it funny that they are super famous as metal legends simply because they've been around for 20 years...........thing is, they were never famous untill they had been around 20 years and became famous for being around for 20 years. That's the music industry though for you. Motorhead is by far the most respected and loved metal band yet are still not super famous like Metallica is.

wicker_man
I like most rock and metal from Black Sabbath to Blink 182

ragesRemorse
evil dead you should learn about metallica they were famaus after ride the lightning theyve always been a famaus part of metal, back with GnR when axel refused to play the candain center, theyve been there seeling out concerts but now there just trying to sell out record spots, the black album was the highest grossing album for like 10 years thats somthing to say your famus

Evil Dead
rage..........I know about Metallica.......I began listening to them in the mid eighties........they were never famous untill after the black album came out............they were never anywhere near as famous as GNR........all the metal heads new who they were but not the mainstream.........they didn't bust into the mainstream (get super famous) untill Load came out..........playing on tour with GNR does not make you famous, record sales and the media make you famous.

I don't particularly care for the tone of your post, saying I need to learn about Metallica? Geez.........I admitted they were a good band but just weren't my cup of tea..........I don't know if you were into the music scene 15 years ago....or 10 years ago......if you weren't, you need to research the subject. Metallica was never even as big as Poison or Bon Jovi in the 80s..........they never came anywhere close to touching Nirvana or Pearl Jam in the early nineties..........they didn't become famous untill after the whole "alternative" music scene had died in the mid nineties and they put out "load"............before then they only had one major hit with Enter Sandman and I think two smaller singles, I think "one" and "sad but true"...........

ragesRemorse
yeah dead your right, i percieved what you posted differently on my first read. i just have to stick up for my bands every ounce and a while and i was the dick in this situation cuz i misread you

knight
They are the biggest load of pretentious, greedy wankers
who wouldn't exist without guitar distortion.

Oh please don't make Mp3's of our songs, we're millionaires but we don't care, we're middle-aged rockers who don't like technology unless it helps us GET! Money.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
I heard they went after napster because unfinished work was getting leaked on the internet. Certainly makes a whole lot more sense than they wanted a few extra bucks off record sales. How many records would they have to sell to make up for the cost of going after Napster in the first place?

knight
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I heard they went after napster because unfinished work was getting leaked on the internet. Certainly makes a whole lot more sense than they wanted a few extra bucks off record sales. How many records would they have to sell to make up for the cost of going after Napster in the first place?

How absolute is that information though?...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by knight
How absolute is that information though?...
Well, I got it from a clip of Lars explaining why they went after Napster on the tv box. I don't really know the guy well enough to tell if he's lying or have the telepathic powers of Cable (ROCK!) so I can only take his word for it.

cindy8219
Chop Suey
Spider
and
B Y O B

Ladyluck
i wouldn't say the best but they're definitly up there...i'd say the stones, nirvana, then metallica....but you're right...THEY F***KEN ROCK!! rock

Alpha Centauri
"Oh please don't try and say that you actually wanna get paid for your job. Please don't try and say that if you hint to money you still love music. If you love music you shouldn't care about downloading"- Any random teen with no knowledge of record industry workings.

Metallica didn't like the work they created getting ripped off and stolen, had they been asked permission things probably would have been different.

It's not cool to just take music. They've got to the effort of making music for themselves and giving you the PRIVILEGE of hearing it, so pay.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.