Just when does Jedi Academy come out?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GABRIEL05
I'm getting tired of waiting. I hope they improved the multiplay too. The lightsaber fighting was kinda funky. It was too melee and not enough grace and skill.

yerssot
the PC version will be released on september 16

GABRIEL05
oooh a day before my birthday how convenient... evil face

yerssot
buy me a copy wink

Julie
Wow that's kinda soon...but I'm still into kotor...and oh yes I have school to contend with.......so sad I suppose poor JA will just have to wait...besides if I wait til christmas I might get it and not spend a dime:-)

Dexx
i have to get it..and get on that multiplayer...gotta get good at that too

justinday15
does any one know when it comes out for PS2?

yerssot
it won't, it's for PC and X-box

yerssot
UPDATE:

the demo of JA (at least for pc) is out NOW, you have to be a member of file planet (which is free for the basic stuff), the file is 187MB big.

goto http://www.fileplanet.com to get it

mind you there is a long waiting list, I myself am waiting 15 minutes already and still there are more then 150 before me

LanceWindu
If the demo is out now, it should be on the official JA site. Shouldn't it?

yerssot
yes, and on the official site they link to fileplant

GABRIEL05
Man I don't wanna sign up with some random @$$ site just to download a demo. HOwever it is Jedi Academy...."the problem is choice"

LanceWindu
Why do you have to be a member of file planet???

Nonetheless, if my uncle allows it, I'll join file planet just to play JA.

BTW I'm going to talk my uncle into letting me put my JO on his comp, I'm sure he'll let me since he's as big (if not bigger) SW fan than I am.

Captain REX
You don't have to join it paying wise, it's just easier to download that way and you get more downloading options for other crap they give...

I got the demo on my comp, it's tight. The lightsabers are awesome. smile

LanceWindu
Well I knew that you don't have to pay.

It's just that if you pay you don't have to wait in line.

But I figure if I wait a few days there won't be too much of a line.

I'll let you know if and when I can download it.

yerssot
the lightsabres are ok-ish, still see they don't lose bodyparts like in the movies though...

it's flashy yes, but not that good... I already see the disadvantage with the doublehanded one... I think that I'll go with the double blue one... already did that AND created my favorite character: Aayla Secura smile

LanceWindu
So they have the create a player in the demo?

I would have thought they'd use a genericly created one for a demo.

Dexx
no...you can create your character: male: human, kel dor, rodian (and their faces..you can choose from 3) female: zabrak, human and twi'lek
(and faces to choose from ofcourse) you can choose uniforms and colors for each...
i supposed these custom features will be expanded in the full version....
you can choose from single blade, dual blade and double bladed staff. I finished the demo with dual blade (two sabers) and i liked it a lot...i'm gonna finish it with all of them..to get with the moves.,..it's not that hard because it's somewhat similar to jko....i really like it.

yerssot
also going for the dual blade... you can still switch to the single one...

and yeah, normall it will be more expended smile

Dexx
yeah but when switching to the single blade you don't have the same moves as in normal single blade. I'm now gonna try the double bladed staff....i hope i like it.
the thing is..A LO of the normal single saber moves are the same as in jko....that means i would have a high chance of managing well in multiplayer with that. But i have to train in dual blade and double balded..they're so kewl big grin

yerssot
personally, I dislike the double bladed one, couldn't block shots with it

Dexx
really?..well..i'll see...but i like the spinnings you do with it..stick out tongue it's..maulish

yerssot
yeah, true, but the blocking is more important to me ...

GABRIEL05
yeah the best part of the lightsaber is that it makes you practically invulnerable to blaster fire. At least as far as I'm concerned.

yerssot
well, you should also have enough power to fight against the lightsabre-wielders, but one sabre should be enough normally

GABRIEL05
Eeeeew I had to use a public server to download the demo (I finally gave in) I feel dirty, as if I used a public restroom.

Dexx
i've played the demo with all the sabers and styles...i'm set on the double sabers.....the dual blade is ok but too weak on defense.

Dexx
this is how my char will probably look in the full agme too

GABRIEL05
double sabers seems great, but what can you do with single sabers? It'd be dope if you could do stuff like kick people or headbutt them and sheeite

Dexx
you can kick ppl with the foot with all the saber styles. Single saber is ok but i preffer dual. it has the BEST defense.

yerssot
also dual...

going for the blue female Twi'Lek (hey, I LOVE Aayla Secura!!! smile)

Dexx
naah..male human (i usually keep my characters as simple as possible)

GABRIEL05
oh oops yer right its under MOVES in the tab screen

yerssot
oh come on dexx! the first time you can get to change your character and you stick with the classic?
I mean, now you can look like Plo Koon, or a stupid Rodian and stuff!

Dexx
the rodians are ugly..dam ugly...i think if i'd see a jedi rodian, i'd laugh in his face. Better with no force than THAT face hihihistick out tongue
yeah..i could choose the kel dor..i like those.

yerssot
there ya go!

GABRIEL05
I tried to make my character look as much as Mace as possible.

yerssot
haven't tried that, did it work?

LanceWindu
If I get to play it, I'm first going to make Lance Windu.

Then I think I'd go with another species.

yerssot
twileks!!!

LanceWindu
Might as well!

yerssot
you got that right! they gooood looking wink

Dexx
it's a computer generated character yerss....there are other palces to look for good looks stick out tongue

yerssot
yeah, Raltiir big grin

GABRIEL05
how the shitzenstuffen do I kick with the one and two lightsaber styles?

LanceWindu
I wouldn't know.

yerssot
you can see how to make moves in the gamemenu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.