Trouble downloading Evanescence's song Missing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly Clover
I must have downloaded around 20 copies now and they all have weird glitches in them. Has anyone a copy they could get onto Kazaa that has no glitches, or any other tips?

Storm
This is what I read somewhere:
Kazaa recognizes identical files by a code, the hash code. It calculates that code through the first 300 kb of a file in combination with the total size.
The trick is to damage Mp3 files after the first 300 kb without changing the size of the file. Kazaa can' t recognize this and thinks the file is identical to the undamaged file.
The good and bad files get mixed up because Kazaa downloads identical files simultaneously and puts them afterwards together as one song.
It takes only one bad file to screw things up.

Baylin
Try buying the CD, all the tracks are perfect that way...

finti
indeed

diegocala
Yeah, I paid for mine, no problems...can't really ***** about quality when you are stealing it right?

happy kine
i stole this car and now it doesn't start, i was wondering if anyone knew how to hot wire a car? stick out tongue

mah
Damn filthy RIAA

BOPRecruit 16
they have a new single out already? it's not even on their cd fallen, unless they made a new album that i didn't know of.

Firefly Clover
exactly, I can't buy it on CD

ladydragonfly
Yes, The album Anywhere but home was released November 23, 2004. On that cd is the only way you can get Missing in perfect condition. The song was not meant to be released, but somehow some people got ahold of it.
If you guys want to help me get Orgin (Evanescence's first cd) rereleased, send me a message and I'll give you a link so you can sign a petition to make them rerelease the album!

Thanks!!!

Fearnix
I do eek!

Konjammenson
And this justifies THEIVERY? no

j/k why don't you try a different p2p network as Kazaa blows big chunks anyway.

smittenkitten
Can't get the song? No loss, it's Evanescence.

-Smitten Kitten-

AcrypT
At first I didn't like e-mule for music downloads but after giving it a try I would recomend it for cases like yours. It works great for downloading those songs that you just can't get working versions form anyweare els.

eggmayo
Yeah, I have the same problem when looking for Green Day songs, just wanted to hear the songs and then their like 20 minutes long, and silent.

loserib
well i would say the problem is the band your trying to download

ladydragonfly
Did it work?

tabby999
how did this thread manage under 20 posts yet over 600 veiws? i'm buggered if i can figure it out

bcoolgurl16
i have a copy of the song that's perfect.....i downloaded it from a program called winmx! when searching for it, try typing "missing (perfect)" and it gave me a whole list of ppl who had the song that wasn't messed up! try that search in kazaa even! if you want the program i have, go to http://www.winmx.com and download it and then do the search that i told you about above! Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.