TTT Kicking Butt in Sales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

edwinian
'Lord of Rings' towers over first-week recordshttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/home_video/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1968899

New Line Home Entertainment's "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers," starring Elijah Wood and Sean Astin, has set a record for consumer spending for a rental title during its debut week, earning an estimated $22.89 million during its first five days in rental store shelves, according to Video Store magazine research.

The second installment of the "Rings" franchise also set this year's Day 1 top-selling home video sales record, with consumers purchasing more than 3.5 million combined VHS and DVD units for an estimated first-day consumer spending gross estimated at $60 million-$70 million on sales and rental (HR 8/29).

The second-top-grossing rental title debut of all time is Universal Studios Home Video's "The Bourne Identity," which earned an estimated $22.76 million its first five days in release during the week of Jan. 21-26, followed by HBO Home Video's "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," which earned an estimated $19.56 million in rental revenue its debut week, Feb. 11-16.

During its debut week on video, "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" earned an estimated $17.22 million at the rental counter from Aug. 6-11, 2002, according to Video Store magazine research.

The second installment of "Rings" topped Nielsen VideoScan's First Alert DVD and VHS sales charts its debut week, ending Aug. 31. USHV's debut of "Animal House: Double Secret Probation" was the second-best-selling DVD during the same frame but failed to make Video Store magazine's top 20 list of most-rented videos during the same week.

Buena Vista Home Entertainment's debut of "Stitch! The Movie" was the second-best-selling VHS nationwide during the same week and came in at No. 14 on the weekly rental chart, earning an estimated $3.32 million during its first five days on rental shelves.

Nielsen VideoScan is a service of VNU that collects VHS and DVD sales data from a sampling of all categories of retail stores. VideoScan charts do not include sales data from Wal-Mart and Toys "R" Us. Most other sell-through retailers are represented.

Video Store magazine, a leading business-to-business weekly serving the home entertainment industry, compiles and analyzes VHS and DVD rental data through an interactive methodology using a multisource predictive model with data from a statistically significant national sample of video retailers.

fini
WOYYYY !!!!!....................TWO TOWERs RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire
hehe

Sesshomaru
All I know is that I'm gonna go see ROTK like more than 5 times. big grin

P-NuT
i saw TTT 11 times at the cinema

fini
i saw it 9 times............never seen a movie sooooooooooo many times at cinema........lol and i am going to watch ROTK everyday for the first week its out

Aragorn#1
Hey me to fini,and on the weekends Ill watch fotr,ttt and then go to the theater to see rotk cant wait!!! Ive seen fotr like 9 times and ttt 12 times. Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing big grin

chica16
hehe!!

fini
god, we're alll giving our money to new line cinema and PJ............lol

ugthebarbarian
wow i thought me and my sister watched ttt the most. we've both seen it like 8 times... heheheheh... thats 24 hours of watching the same movie. but i think its worth it. man...

yeah i'm gonna see rotk a million times

ugthebarbarian
don't forget the extended editions! fotr is 3 hours 30 min, ttt will be 3 hour 40 min... maybe rotk will be 3 hour 50 min? ah hell just go for the cool 4 hours PJ!! =P

When it finally comes out in nov. of 2004, i'm gonnna have a lotr marathon weekend every weekend. =)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.