Episode II Poster?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
According to DarkHorizons.com this was made by someone at LucasFilm:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news9/swii.jpg

I personally think its just a good fake, made by a fan using pics from the net. Although the picture of Mace Windu is new to me.

DarthBorgie
It looks fake to me. Look at mace, does that even look real to anyone? It just seems a little farfetched. From who and who did u get it?

finti
The same coloring as the posters for ANH, ESB and ROTJ.
I really like it even if it is a fake one. I wish I had the skill to make something like that..*envies sighs*

Ratcat
It's a great pieve of fan art, but nothing more.

All of those images came out of the photo sets from the various french, german and uk star wars magazines. In fact, between Raz and myslef I think we have every picture in the collage somewhere on our sites.

Also, those space craft come from a fan redering that was on TF.N some months ago.

theEviljedi
You know that's fake when you look at Fett. The official site has that same picture in Boba's bio.

Ratcat
Good point, pity though. It would have been one hell of a story.

Boshuda
It's a good 'un no matter who's done it!

Its not Drew Struzan's work though, and I'll eat a sweaty Gundark if HE isn't involved with the release poster!!!

JediSith
Probably a good indication of what the eventual poster will look like though.

Dim
Yeah..and I don't think LFL would have their ad materials together yet...

finti
Are there a web site that have the posters for the old trioligy?

noggins
Plus, if you look at the cast listing at the bottom of the poster and compare it to the TPM one you'll see that Jake lloyd and Liam Neeson are on it (you can't read it but the letters are the same length)

Still, if the real one turns out to be anything like this I'm impressed already!

Ratcat
Ya know, I had 5 emails from people yesterday, all EXCLUSIVELY telling me they had gotten this poster from a Lucasfilm insider. Plus it was here and on TFN and Darkhorizons.

theEviljedi
But it says Jake Llyod next to Natalie Portman's name.

Jedimaster3838
Personally I hope this is a fake. Its just not the most creative poster in the world. I love the Ep1 poster with a young Anakin standing in front of the Tatooine hut with the Vader shadow looming over him, thats my favorite SW poster of all time.

DarthBorgie
But that wasn't a movie poster, it was a teaser.

Ratcat
But still a theatrical poster as well

Gundark
I think the poster looks fake too, and I have the one sheet on my wall to compare it with. The credits appear to be identical. Although, JM, I agree the Vader shadow was one of the coolest teasers I saw for all of ep1. smokin'

By the way, Boshuda, I am not sweaty by nature, only after a workout. smile

queeq
It's a great fake, but indeed, the credits are from TPM. It also says "written and directed by George Lucas" and we know there is a co-writer on Ep2.

The thing for me that makes me think this is a fake and will never be the real thing, is that the Dark Side does not play an important part. All the poster had a Sith looming over the main character (Vader in the OT, Maul in TPM). The Sith are absent here and I'm pretty sure the real poster will have one.

But it looks nice. A bit more Indiana-Jonesish than Star Wars, but nice indeed.

queeq abides

finti
I think you hit the bullseye quueq. No bad gus besides Bobba or Jango Fett, whatever,but as earlier mentioned nice work.

COREWORLD
According to Dark Horizons this is a mock up which LFL has sent out to Drew Sturzan, to give him rough ideas for the basic look of the poster. I wouldn't expect to see the real deal for at least another 15 months or so.

theEviljedi
The trailer will be out around November so we should see the poster a bit earlier, Core.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ratcat
I agree with EJ, I think we will start seeing posters sooner than 4 weeks before release.

theEviljedi
I believe that we will see the first poster this summer.

Ratcat
Funny, I was discussing this with my wife last week and we reacon September time.

queeq
Summer? September? Yes somewhere in that time frame. I think the trailer will come out around september. Maybe the teaser poster comes a little earlier than that.

queeq abides

Gundark
I'm sure there will be a stolen teaser trailer released on the net before we ever see anything on tv on as a preview in the theaters.

Dim
I doubt they even work on the one sheets until late next summer..it doesn't take that long for posters to be made up.. And when they do mockups I think they just have the concept artists sketch it quickly...there wouldnt' be this kind of detail...

Ratcat
I agree, there will be a number of basic concepts before the final cut to 3 or 4 working concepts, then onto something closer to the final product.

Also, as far as am aware, concept designs, and even final ones do not have to credits info on them.

This is added as a seperate item during the preparation for print process I think.

finti
Is there a site that have a lot of the old SW posters in it?
I`m looking for an ESB poster in which Vader is stretching his hand out, his cape all flying around him, and his lightsaber in his other hand.

Gundark
Its interesting you mentioned that, finti...I have seen a poster of that scene, in fact I saw a clip that was cut right after that where (after Luke falls) Vader uses the Force to raise him back up, then apparently changes his mind and lets Luke fall. Or, I guess George changed his mind. Now THAT would have been interesting....

finti
More lik bouncing a ball, jedi basket. And Michael Jordan is strangeled by bad boy Darth guard for the sith maniacs.
smile I whish.
There are more aspects to the poster I mentioned but I cant remember it all. Luke on a Tauntaun, bespin. ....

queeq
I have a small version of that poster. I love it. Luke is on a tauntaun, Vader stands over everyone with his lightsabre ignited and aimed at the floor.

queeq abides

finti
Found the poster on a site. I posted it under a new topic in GD. Didnt work out to well though.

COREWORLD
Finti,it is interesting to note that the poster that you mention was in fact a rush release due to the fact that the original poster, the one dubbed 'Gone with the wind', you know the one i mean, where Han is looking down lovingly at Leia, was pulled due to a contract disagreement with Billy Dee Williams, by that i mean he did not feature on the poster at all and he was not happy! The poster was later reissued with Lando down in the right hand corner firing a blaster, oh, and for good measure Boba Fett was thrown in as well.

finti
The poster you are talking about CW is the front cover of my ESB book. Nice info on the issue.smile smile smile

COREWORLD
That's what i love about SW, even the posters tell a story.smile

queeq
The Snow-poster with Vader standing is the only one they used during the 1980 release in Holland. I didn't get to see the 'Gone with the Wind' poster until I got the soundtrack album. It was on the back and the album didn't feature this poster at all.

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.