Poltergeist!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
not enough talk about true classics in here..............Poltergeist! This movie is still great after all these years.........matter of fact I popped my dvd in yesterday and watched it again.

Too bad they had to make the sequels. Part 2 was acceptable.........but part 3? That was just horrific............I hate to say it but I'm almost glad that little girl who played Carol Anne died so they couldn't make anymore sequels. If George Lucas would have died 10 years ago Star Wars would still be probably the best movie series ever.........

Another great classic...........The Omen.

That movie owns. I don't know why there is so much hype for The Exorcist..........it wasn't nearly as good as The Omen. Nor were it's sequels any comparison for the Omen sequels. The Omen series owned all the way up to part 3........part 4 was completely unneccisary.

Feel free to discuss.

eminem/the one
THAT MOVIE SUCKED THE LITTLE GIRL IN IT DIED BECAUSE OF THAT MOVIE thumb down

Evil Dead
no........actually she stuck around and made two sequels to that movie.

and the movie is ownage...........I proclaim it to be so hence it simply is.

eminem/the one
NOPE SHE DIED YOU MUST NOT KNOW ANYTHING SORRY HA

Evil Dead
Okay.........it must be her twin sister who plays in Poltergeist 2 and Poltergeist 3.........my bad........

eminem/the one
WHAT EVER LOOSER HA I KNOW MORE THAN YOU HAHAHAHAHAH PLUCKCHING

Evil Dead
are you twelve?

If so...........are you cute?

eminem/the one
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you are a pervert guess what i am a cop and i know were all of you live and guess what i am 32 and i am going to get back

Evil Dead
cool..........bring the handcuffs...........I've got the lube covered........32 eh? I can do that.........as long as you aren't fat............

eminem/the one
oh my god your gay i just told you i am a guy a cop to you are dead boy

Evil Dead
#1. I know you're female..........you annoited yourself as "queen of horror" in another thread...............

#2. a cop? all good...........as long as you're not fat. Cops need good lovin' too.

#3. Even if you were a man........all good.......got to spice things up every now and again wink

eminem/the one
so what do you **** 12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3--2-1 year olds and your mamma

Evil Dead
That made no sense at all.............I think I shall call my 6 year old nephew in here and have him read that post, maybe he can make some sense of it.

eminem/the one
what i mean is you probley rapen i yar olds and 12 year old and probley your nephew

eminem/the one
i ment to say 1 year olds

Evil Dead
I have to rape nobody...........I'm a stud like that.........I just whip my cock out and bitches just dive for it.

eminem/the one
yea right dude i am sure ha i bet when you that dinky shit out the woman run

Evil Dead
sure do...........run right for it............

eminem/the one
just like i said yea right

h0ck3yh0rr0r
both of u shut the f*** up. and seriously after reading all this sh** eminem/the one ur a dumba** man. who cares if ur a cop we all have fuc*ing rights what r u gonna do huh? so both of u st** and evil dead u not a "stud" man. u an idiot. and eminem/the one ur not 34 or whatever ur like a 13 year old girl or a 13 year old fa*. i've never read a guy say "ewwwwwwwwwwwwww".

Evil Dead
#1. I was incredibly bored earlier and this little kid wanted to talk smack back and fourth...........so I induldged.........

#2. I am a stud..........this is true.........

eminem/the one
yea right a perverted loser is more like it

eminem/the one
sorry

eminem/the one
now you say sorry evil dead

h0ck3yh0rr0r
you fight now u make up...how sweet let me get my violin NOT!

eminem/the one
HA

h0ck3yh0rr0r
...continue eminem i want to read ur stupidity

eminem/the one
YOU MEAN I AM STUPED BOO ****ING HOO SHUT THE **** UP

h0ck3yh0rr0r
you spelled stupid wrong dumbass

eminem/the one
man your smart i cant understand how since your DICK IS BEING LICKED BY KLEAR EYEZ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH **** U

h0ck3yh0rr0r
actually i get straight A's, play hockey and have a gf. so stfu and i dont even know who klear eyez is i just know he eats kats and is a horror movie fan. and what u typed up there made no sense

eminem/the one
well it must of you ansered it dumbass so you play hockey proves your a *** hockey players rub up against you and you probley get A's because you screwed the teacher

h0ck3yh0rr0r
actually im smarter than u, u spelled answered wrong idiot, and hockey is a mother fuc*ing hard ass sport i bet u play like golf. so u say all sport players are ****. every sport (most sports) have contact u idiot

eminem/the one
well i play dolls not golf yea right softball oh hell yea

Tex
The original poltergeist is a true classic horror film, absolutely tereffic!
Part II and III were just total liquid crap!

pablo007
I find the original Poltergeist really overrated, it was recommended to me by many people and it was called a classic. So I rent it and it wasn't bad but not a classic, and how the hell did it get a PG rating ? There's a guy ripping out his face in that movie even though it's just a vision.

Evil Dead
I think it got the ol' pg rating even though it does have the scene of the man tearing his face apart because well.........it was crappy.......it was stop motion claymation and looked nothing like a human or blood.......I guess the MPAA saw that scene, laughed at it, then decided that no child could possibly be anything other than amused by that scene..........

pablo007
The MPAA wasn't very estrict back then, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was PG even though you see a man tear another man's heart out from his chest. Then you see that man going down into some sort of lava pool and he starts burning. Gremlins was PG as well and they show how the Gremlins toss an old lady out from a window, and you see a Gremlin getting killed in a microwave, another one in a blender and another one decapitated and his head starts burning.

Striel
I love Poltergeist 1 and 2. I agree with you about The Exorcist, there is too much hype. The Omen is creepy but a tad boring.

JamieLeeCurtis9
I love all the poltergeist movies! I wish Carol Ann didnt die , she did not die because of the movie either!

pablo007
Wow ! Haven't seen Poltergeist III, but she dies ? Or did you mean the little girl that played her ?

Striel
The actress that played her died at age 13, right?

slayer
too bad do u know how she died?

grymlock
Poltergeist 1st was a good movie in those days... but 2 and 3 well abit off track... but still the 1st is great... i can't recall how or why she died.. sorry... cheers!!

Leftomaniac
Mmmm.... Poltergeist. Christ on a stick, I love that movie. And I don't think the scene with the man's face is that bad at all. SFX technology was a lot rougher when the film was made, and they did a good job with what they had. It looked better than some of the cartoonish CGI monsters I see in movies today.

The rating system WAS a little kinder then, but Poltergeist was originally supposed to be rated R. It was changed after Spielberg and Marshall lobbied the ratings board, saying it should be PG since it contained no sex and only mild language.

The little girl died during the filming of Poltergeist III from an infection caused by intestinal blockage. (A stand-in was used for the rest of it.) A lot of other cast members died or nearly escaped death in freak accidents, which led some people to think that the series was cursed.

Striel
I thought she died of heart trouble.

Leftomaniac
I'm pretty sure it was intestinal blockage. Because it was originally thought that she had the flu, since the symptoms between the two are similar. No one's gonna confuse the flu with heart trouble, y'know?

slayer
oh thanks for that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.