Greatest Horror Movie Of All Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ANGELIQUE
RED WHAT HORROR MOVIE WOULD PICK?
I PICK DRACULA(1931) BECAUSE I LIKE BELA LUGOSI!

eminem/the one
the greaest horror movie of all time is black christmas have you ever seen it

Vorhees
Session 9

wicker_man
Dawn of the Dead,Halloween,Psycho or Aliens

eminem/the one
cool picture

h0ck3yh0rr0r
either Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Shining or Night of the Living Dead(basically any good zombie movie)

wicker_man
Cheers they are from Buffy.

BackFire349
1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. The Shining
3. Henry-Portrait of a serial killer
4. Night of the living dead/dawn of the dead/day of the dead
5. Last House on the Left
6. Return of the living dead
7. Exorcist
8. 28 Days Later
9. Irreversible
10. Cannibal Holocaust.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
1. TCM
2. Night of living dead
3. The SHining
4. 28 days later
5. Red Dragon
6. Silence of the lambs
7. cannibal holocaust
8. return of the living dead
9. basically any good zombie movie

BackFire349
hockeyhorror, you've seen cannibal holocaust?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
parts of it at my friends house he's soo rich we were watching then his mom got pissed and something something lol

BackFire349
you should see the whole movie, its amazing. one of the few horror movies to actually shock me.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
wow... do they have it at blockbuster?

BackFire349
of course not

h0ck3yh0rr0r
sad damn

BackFire349
ive never seen it at a video store, i have a bootleg vhs copy my cousin let me have.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
then how did my friend have it? hmmm i never asked him ill be back later

BackFire349
its possible to find it, you can order it off ebay on dvd, but its very rare to find it in stores.

pablo007
Evil Dead

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i really enjoyed watching Red Dragon you guyz consider it as a horror movie?

BackFire349
more of a thriller really.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yea i guess its more of a thriller

eminem/the one
i thought it was a good thriller

BackFire349
that it was.

Alfonso
hi Angelique ,
great name by the way. Also a great and these days unusual choice of film. Is Bella lugosi one of your fav actors? It's pronounced (I spell it phonetically Bayla Lagoushe) not a lot of people know that. I found out when I was in the states . I loved the line in it
"My name is dracula, I bid you enter and leave some of the joy you bring." I think thats about right . feel free to correct me if it isn't

my own favorites would be 1"freddy Vs jason."
2 "Wishmaster 4" and 1,2 and 3
3 "Any of the Dracula films
And "Faust Love of the damned" is a film I also really like.

Have you ever seen a rather strange film called Blackula? cool cool

BackFire349
yeah, its dumb.

Elvira2005
i would have to say that no movie are done better then the 1980s that is when horror movies were unpredictable bck then dont u think now in our days we now what the movie is all about before we have watched it dont u think that spiols your movies? : evil face rock devil

eleveninches
1.TCM (original)
2.Night of the living dead
3.Cannabil Holocaust
4.Silence of the lambs
5.hellraiser trillogy
6.Ring (original)
7.The shining
8.Nightmare on elm street series
9.halloween series
10.Jason Series

Cinemaddiction
blink

dean7879
hellraiser is good!!!

zombieman
Hellraiser is right up there for me.

Evil Dead
I believe he was pointing out Hellraiser Trilogy.

There are already 6 films released and two more filmed......

Cinemaddiction
Good to see it didn't go over everyone's head..

Mane
I'd say some of the most influential movies are TCM, Alien/Predator, The Exorcist, The Shining, Night of the Living Dead, Psycho (pretty much all Hitchcock movies), and the original Dracula films.

Lord_Andres
In no order

The Thing
Hellraiser
The Fog
The Shining
TCM
Nightmare on elm street 1
Jaws
Wolf

and some others too

BlackC@t
Return of the Living dead 1 and 3, the second sucked!
A Nightmare on Elm Street 1, 3, 4, and 7.
Evil Dead trilogy.
Some Stephen King movies.

Zombie movies, stuff like that.

i like eggs
texas chainsaw massacre ( the original)

i like eggs
it sucked cock

i like eggs
is jaws really considered a horror movie?

Lord_Andres
Yes it is, it was made to scare you, and therefore a horror

eggmayo

Wolfie
The original TCM
The first Hellraiser
The first ANOES
The Evil Dead Trilogy

.... in no order

Sicky666
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 'cause it could happen anytime...
Evil Dead too, 'cause this is a great learning movie about the Sumerian book, which actually really exists, the demons btw do also really exist, it is true they are not dead, but dreaming...

Lord_Andres
Dose it really exsit? is it like one copy of it? or can you just down to local bookstore and ask them to order it? could be an intresting read...

Lord_Andres
oh and, 'Sumerian' was that a civilation long ago? or just a cult? and whare did they live?

Arsenal
The first Halloween movie. Michael Myers is sooo much cooler then Jason.

tabby999
you can buy the "book of the dead" just dont expect it to be bound in human flesh and writen in human blood is all

Lord_Andres
Sicky666 answer my quastion!

AFireInside
the 'Childs Play' films (you might not consider it particularly scary...but i have a fear of Ventriloquist Dummies!) and...erm...'The Shining'

tv_horror

Evil Dead
Andres.........I hope you're pulling his chain........'cause I'd hate to think that you don't know about Sumer........the very first civilization as we know it today. It should be chapter 1 in your history book......

and the guy is completely wrong. There have been many different books called "necronomicon" over the centuries........starting back in like the 15-1600s..........it arrived shortly after the emergence of the occult. None were from Sumer as the civilization was already ancient history by that time. While the Sumerians are credited creating the first written language and being the first to use written language.........what they did write/record was history (much of which we would consider as folk tales today) and records.

Lord_Andres
I'm so embaresd embarrasment well its not the first chapter in my history book, more like the 10th, arrrgh I should have remembered the sumerians, :biting my own toung: but the "necronomicon" I've never know exsisted besides from evil dead movies, if you guys know if its in official print please let me know, I would like to read it

Sicky666
The Sumerians were a civilization (730 at Damascus) in Mesopotamia...

Darth_Big_Boy
My picks are:

- Dawn Of The Dead ( original )
- Halloween
- The Shining

slasherpunk18
Psycho

bakerboy
Hammers films.
Universal films
Phsicho
The shinning
Alien
Jaws.
For post some examples.

Scarpa
The amityville horror
Jaws
Halloween

eggmayo
Dawn of the Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
28 Days Later

BREN
1 THE EXORCIST (ORIGINAL 1973 VERSION)
2 DAWN OF THE DEAD (ORIGINAL 1978 VERSION)
3 JOHN CARPENTERS THE THING
4 JAWS
5 HALLOWEEN
6 FRIDAY THE 13TH (PART 1)
7 THE BURNING
8 THE PROWLER
9 SUPERSTITION (THE WITCH)
10 HELLRAISER 1 AND 2
THERES SHIT LOADS MORE BUT CANT THINK OF EM RIGHT NOW,1 OF MY FAVE MOVIES IS A THRILLER DIRECTED BY MICHAEL MANN
MANHUNTER!!,REMADE AS RED DRAGON BUT SUX COMPARED TO MANHUNTER IMO

Napalm
The Amityville Horror

DaneBramage
I hate to break the news but the"Necronomicon" never existed. It was a mythical book that H.P Lovecraft made reference to in several of his stories. Some genius in the 1970's wrote a book and called it "Necronomicon". I bought a copy in 1979. But it's fake. Take that to the bank. I know.

DaneBramage
I thought that "The Devil's Backbone" was the best ghost movie that will ever be. Del Toro hit a homer with it. Hellraiser. Any Cronenberg movie made after 1979 is awesome. Ringu:0 Basudai is an awesome homage to Argento. Cannibal Holocaust for it's savagery. (It's a great gift for the Mother-In-Law)

papabeard
Cannibal Holocaust

Psycho

JU-ON The Grudge

moviejunkie23
Sorry to break it to you man the Necronomicon does exist. Though its not a book designed to raise the dead like in the movie laughing
After watching one of the evil dead movies i was interested to see if a Necronomicon existed so i looked it up at the library and read a few pages. If i am not mistaken it had a virgin birth in it too if i remember right. Anyway i didn't get very involved in researching it or anything but i am sure there was a guy that posted ealier who seemed to know allot more about the real Necronomicon than I do.
The Necronomicon is Sam's movies were purley for fiction purposes and are not to be confused with the real Necronomicon.

Speaking of that my fav movies for horror is evil dead 2
I would add some more but i think most of you named most of my favs already stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.