Elvish Quotes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cyberharpie
Lasto beth nin!
If you know Elvish, and even if you don't, post your favorite quotes in Elvish.

But be sure to give a translation for the beginners out there!

Have fun. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/gathering.gif

DeNiro
whistle im just going to walk by and hope i dont start speakin elvish

cyberharpie
Yes....you sound very intelligent. stick out tongue

Doesn't anyone have a quote they like?

DeNiro
wink hahaha laughing out loud umm ok ill try cause u sound cool aaa i like that one line that frdod said i think it it was in the first movie or was it the second i didnt see the second but ne way the romantic line about eternity or sumthing u know what im talking bout cause i sure dont

fini
hmmm quotes huh
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "
Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

fini
Aniron (Theme for Arwen and Aragorn)
O mor henion i dhu:
Ely siriar el sila
Ai! Aniron Undomiel

Tiro! El eria e mor.
I lir en el luitha uren.
Ai! Aniron...
Translation:
From darkness I understand the night:
dreams flow, a star shines
Ah! I desire Evenstar

Look! A star rises out of the darkness.
The song of the star enchants my heart.
Ah! I desire...

DeNiro
u guys r crazy how can u speak that shit it is soo hard

fini
welll the pronounciation aint that bad once u can find the right guide

cyberharpie
Have you got a site for DeNiro to pick up the tongues of the Elves?---perhaps that could help. reading

I'm still working on getting the pronunciation down. It reminds me of so many other languages--including German, and its hard to keep the different rule apart. confused

Hypernova
Elvish.org has links for the Elvish lines from the movie

( Sorry, I cannot add links until I am more well known embarrasmentP )

Isilwen Took
i love
A si duarth u ortho. U or le a u or nin..
: The world have not spread his darkness. Not on you, not on me..
(something like that, i don't know the perfect sentence..)

Hypernova

Lady Ellie
I like this one.
The Fellowship of the Ring:

Arwen: "Frodo, im Arwen. Telin le thaed. Lasto beth nin, tolo dan nan galad."

Arwen: " I am Arwen,I've come to help you. Hear my voice, come back to the light.

This really sounds magical. happy happy

LuthienTasartir
i have a small quote .

amin mela lle

i love you

quiv yassen ne' agar,
ten almere, atear, ar 'aina neva

awaken with out blood,
for bliss, peer and happiness nears

enjoy. ; )
wink

feanor

feanor

Exa

Arwene
heres mine..click on pic

shadowy_blue

shadowy_blue

Exa

sauron
elrond: Tangado haid! Leithio i philinn!

elrond: 'Hold positions! Fire the arrows!'

Exa

sauron

Exa

sauron

Exa

sauron
exas last post...that is now saurons theme tune...so when he comes out in the prologue sing that everyone ok big grin

Exa

feanor

feanor

Exa

Melani
My favorite Elvish Quote is "Le abdollen"

which was quoted bye Leggy, it means "your late" for thoes who dont know smile

Zivilyn
Is this only for LotR? Cause they are other Elven quotes; my fav is: "Est Sularus Oth Mithas" which translates "My Life is My Honor"

coolmovies
I dont understand Elvish

Melcórë
Originally posted by Zivilyn
Is this only for LotR? Cause they are other Elven quotes; my fav is: "Est Sularus Oth Mithas" which translates "My Life is My Honor"

Well, I should think it's meant for the Elvish languages devised by Tolkien, seeing as this is the LotR-Forum. stick out tongue

BTW: That quote seems rather unoriginal, IMAO - the manner and sound of the words in particular seems like half-bastardized Latin, and then simple sounds thrown together....I'd like to know where that's from, actually....

silmarilli
hello i am new here!!i join the forum only because i want to ask you something!
i wanna find the translation of the word love in elvish...
the lyrics of the evenstar song say veleth but i made i Little search and i find it in sindarin and its meleth!what's the right one?its very important to know!!if you know something please let me know!!
thank you!!!
oh!and sorry about my English... embarrasment

Incanus
Aure Entuluva!(cried by Hurin upon every slaying at the end of the Nirnaeth Arnoediad)

trans: Day shall come again!
Auta I Lome!

trans: Night is passing!(at the sight of the spears of the Gondolindhrim at the Nirnaeth Aarnoediad)

Vjer
"Utulie'n aure! Aiya Eldalie ar Atanatari, utulie'n aure!"
The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come."
Fingon before the Nirnaeth Arnoediad
(and we all know how that turned out...)

Incanus
Anar
Nanye i ne Anduril i macil Elendilo
Lercuvanten i moli Mordereo
Isil

Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Trans:
Sun
I am Anduril who was once Narsil,sword of Elendil
The slaves of Mordor shall flee from me
Moon

Turgon wields, has and holds, the sword Glamdring, Foe of Morgoths realm and the Din-Horde.

Morgromir
I wonder if its possible for someone to fluently speak elvish confused

Incanus
No.

Morgromir
thought so -.-

txelvishchick
Originally posted by DeNiro
whistle im just going to walk by and hope i dont start speakin elvish
hahaha. Elvish is a lot of fun to speak....try learning some simple phrases. if you say something to someone that doesnt speak it, their face is PRICELESS! : ) trust me.

Exabyte
Originally posted by silmarilli
i wanna find the translation of the word love in elvish...
the lyrics of the evenstar song say veleth but i made i Little search and i find it in sindarin and its meleth!what's the right one?
Your little research was correct, it's "meleth".

"veleth" is the lenited form of the word: In Sindarin, the first consonant of a word is altered in specific ways in certain "environments" (in a sentence), eg. after articles or prepositions. In particular, the "m" of "meleth" turns to "v" if the word follows a vowel (like the article "i"wink, if it is used as a direct (accusative) object, if it is the second word of a compound word, if it follows a preposition ending with a liquid sound, and in some other cases.

Yes, the reply is sort of late.

eezy45
Exa, are we digging up posts from mid 2008? stick out tongue

Exabyte
Only posts in threads on the first page of this forum. Which, unfortunately, reaches back to threads with no posts since 2009.

But I just couldn't leave an elvish mutation question unanswered on the first page bag

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.