Vader's Look in Episode III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SithFury19
Any ideas as to what the old/new vader armor will look like? Have any images of Vader's look for Episode III been seen yet?

yerssot
no images yet,
some minor difference to the costume I think

LanceWindu
I think there will be a big difference to the costume, but still the same style.

Remember that's just what I think.

yerssot
we'll remember wink

Lyn
I hope they don't change it TOO much, maybe a slight difference. Otherwise it wont FEEL like Vader to me.

General Kaliero
I hate all this horrible speculation on a new suit. WE DON'T NEED A GOD-DAMN NEW SUIT, WE NEED THE VADER SUIT!!!!

Rogue Jedi
it will be the same basic design, with some minor indiscrepancies, i am sure.

yerssot
oh, it WILL be him Lyn!

Lyn
laughing It better be Yerssot
General thumb up Old suit all the way!!

Altar[1stONE]
yes , lucas confirmed the suit will be the same design as vaders, although it will be missing some items somewhere , Im sure over time it was more improoved with the future technology over the years. It will be the same process as his face , in ep3 his face and body are really damaged , however as time passes it is healed.

Lyn
Yeah, kinda like the troopers huh??
Like the clones will eventually become the storm troopers so their uniforms will change over time.

yerssot
well; hope they don't change too much! the vader costume is an icon!

Lyn
My thoughts exactly Yerssot thumb up

yerssot
we're on the same golflenght lyn wink

Rogue Jedi
i just wanna hear the filtered breathing.

yerssot
AND the James Earl Jones voice

Rogue Jedi
oh ,yeah...the james earl voice....i forgot that one.....

finti
" the force is with you young Skywalker,............but you are not a jedi YET"

Lyn
OoOoO...exciting!!
laughing

Rogue Jedi
bitchin' man, bitchin'.....

Lyn
happy

Darth Jello
i'd like to see him without the suit. does he look like c-3po? does he use a cathater/colostomy combo?

Rebel Racer
again, if you want pics of hayden from ep3, IM me at 'dockingbay101'

Lames.s.
It will be the same Vader. Why change the look.

vvvrulz
Down with any new suit. There's no sense in making a new one. And i hope theyre faithful to the James Earl Jones voice. This movie is treading on very fine lines, minor hiccups will kill it, and the prequel trilogy. A lot rides on this finale.

ragesRemorse
hey whats the release date for episode 3?

vvvrulz
Wudnt have a clue actually, early 2005 was a proposed date.

Darth Jello
why the new suit? marketing and action figures

Lames.s.
Like people arent going to buy things with original Vader on them. Please.....i'm a collector, its more about the packaging than whats in the package.

Darth Jello
well, that depends, doesn't it? its all moiychandizing. never underestimate the power of the schwartz!

Doohass
I just read on TFN that it will be the same suit. But he won't have the cape and the top part of his helmet (just the face part). I wouldn't mind that. But I think its just guessing at this point.

yerssot
the only certain thing said by trish is that it won't be 100% the same messed

Rogue Jedi
there will be some minor discrepancies, i am sure.

yerssot
of course, the suit has to be recognisable!

SS fan
Okay folks, If ya wanna see the new Anakin look, take a peek at my signature picture. As far as the Ep 3 Vader look, I've heard it's gonna be different than the classic, but still cool.

yerssot
oh look! there's another sock of SS! roll eyes (sarcastic)

well, SS fan (sorry you are), that pic is already kinda old and has been posted multiple times here

Darth Jello
ok, hope i'm doing this right or finti is gonna kill me I heard that parts of Anakin are actually going to be directy "transplanted from greivious

mephistodesigns
yep, hope just wasn't enough I guess...

Member.
They'd change a few things on the suit like the gadgets and all.

mephistodesigns
yeah, the technology should look a little rougher, with maybe some tubes outside to show its more lo-tech then what he has in the OT. Also, since he's younger, it should be a little streamlined, we all know Anakin's propensity for "fast" looking designs. Plus, he'll want to be able to move a bit, knowing he'll have to face down remaining Jedi.

Member.
He was able to move in the OT. And GL will have a hard time making the Vader suit look rougher since the technology they have now looks so much more advanced than the OT.

finti
for Dart Jello it aint all that hard
ler]Episode II is going to be called 'Attack of the Clones'!

This would appear as:

Episode II is going to be called 'Attack of the Clones'!

remember the / before the word spoiler in the last one

Darth Jello
thanks, I don't think the idea of a new suit is necesary all bad as long as it looks gross. Back when I believed the hype, in my head I pictured the same basic shaped mask only gold, no helmet, and smooth gold body armor with visible joints, kind of like C-3PO only More battle worthy, flexible, and cool looking. The shoulders, elbows, and knees would have spikes on them and those cables on vaders back that you see during palpatine's lightning attack in ANH would be on the outside. also two thick breath going from either side of his face. to the same area as the tubes in his back.

Member.
Unless Anakin is totally messed up, then your idea won't work.

Darth Jello
he is, again, look at the lightning in ROJ, No arms, no legs, broken neck, damaged lungs and organs, burns

mephistodesigns
The lightening scene is no indication of what he's going to look like. It was already fading when we got a good look at him, it didn't cover enough of him to make any sort of assumptions. Its not like it was some nice clear x-ray from Dr. 21-B's office now.

Volundro Ramm
The suit has to be the same suit. Nothing different apart from it being light so whoevers in the costume(if not Hayden Christianson)can move easier. If its different, GL would be betraying the OT. He says there will be links between the PT and the OT. But there has to be one direct link - Vaders suit.

Lames.s.
The suit should be basicaly the same. Would you want to be the one to transplant Vader into another suit and be the one to F' it up?

Member.
I agree.

Darth Jello
go to TFN for enhancements of the lightning shots, they're pretty detailed and match both the old rumors and the new spoilers pretty well

mephistodesigns
but there are tricks of animation, tricks of the eye, the camera, possible mistakes. Its just not anything I would trust since, if it wasn't blatantly obvious on film, Lucas can change it because no one except for whoever had that much spare time to go over that skeleton like that would ever notice.

Darth Jello
cables, and prosthetic shadows are there. force lightning seems to hurt people by primarily superheating the bones. therefore, anything that's isn't glowing or any black sillouettes must be mechanical parts

mephistodesigns
or just areas the lightening isn't hitting, as I pointed out it was fading by the time that shot is shown, Palpatine is on his way to splatty land and the lightening goes with him.

Darth Jello
btw, if you look at ep 4 and ep 5, especially the helmet, vader does have a new suit between those two

Altar[1stONE]

Darth Revan
Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't Anakin turn to the dark side after he had to start using the armor? Also, didn't he get his various mechanical components over time, not all in the same accident?

Darth Jello
well there is his arm... and he got lots of scars in the clone wars...but he was already a sith adept when he became mechanical

mephistodesigns
yeah, I always assumed he was Sith first, and that the fight would be the result of Obi-wan trying to get him back. In ROJ when Vader and Luke speak on Endor, Luke says he feels the good in him and for Vader to let go of his hate, to which Vader replies, "Obi-wan once thought as you do, you don't know the power of the dark side". Which for me means, Obi-wan tried to talk Anakin out of it at some point, or else Vader wouldn't know that Obi-wan felt that way. Its most likely the reason for the fight. And from what we've heard in the spoilers (if they are in fact true) he is most likely Sith before the fight, but, whether or not he's actually called Vader before or after the suit is yet to be seen. I got the new Insider in the mail this week, there's a shot of Ewan and Hayden fighting (in street clothes for practice) and Hayden is using a red one, Ewan blue. That may or may not mean something. In episode 1, the blades were all red or green for the real saber the actors held, but in II, they actually used the color the character would have. if that has held true, then it is likely Anakin has already switched to the red crystal before the fight.

Darth Jello--There are even subtle differences in the helmet between 5 and 6, the mouth piece slopes in more and there are some other very obscure changes. He also wore his robes differently between 4 and 5. They did show his suit slightly upgraded (through the helmet) in the OT, so it stands to reason the suit will be slightly different. i'd personally like to see some exposed cables and tubes, to make it look more low tech than the (already low tech looking) OT version. But the helmet's overall design will most definetly look the same, maybe they'll use some of the concept art of him to give the viewer a sense of his suit evolving, since it will be from how the designs evolved on their own, naturally.

Altar[1stONE]
Heres a question , You know asajj ventress she was more endulged in the dark side then anakin was, practically a dark jedi. She says she is a sith but dooku begs to differ by saying sith have no fear and therefore you are not a sith. But anakin is a full on jedi and with in a short amount of time is promoted to sith like nothing. How can this be anyone know , is it just Palpatines already strong interest in Anakins potential or is there something more. Something to make him a sithlord rapidly , perhaps the slaying of Count Dooku and thus prooving himself?

Darth Jello
ok, first mephisto- if you read the ROJ novilezation, Vader had already turned but obi-wan didn't think he was beyond redemption. His injuries forever burned the dark side into him. anakin died and vader was born.

and for the Assajj question- I kind of like to think of Dark Jedi as Sith wannabees. Sith is not a rank you reach, it is just knowledge of the dark side more extensively and the knowledge of unique techniques through teachings of both the sithlords and the original magic of the sith race. It also involves complete control of your fear. so anakin was a sith from the beginning because he was palpatine's apprentice. Assajj simply knew how to tap into the dark side and didn't know of the sith practices, also she was originally trained by a jedi master who was marooned and died. therefore, she is a self-taught Rogue/Dark Jedi

mephistodesigns
what the hell does that prove? and besides, a LOT of stuff from that novelization got thrown out the window. IN THE MOVIE, Vader STATES: OBI-WAN ONCE THOUGHT AS YOU DO. At some point in time, Obi-wan tried to get him back. The Jedi will always try to recover a lost member, even those lost to the Sith, it is there way. And you said his "injuries forever burned the dark side into him". And I said that i think the fight starts when obi-wan tries to get him back. BEFORE the injuries since they are a RESULT of the fight. There was hope before the fight. It is obvious that the talk doesn't go well since we already know the outcome. So once the injuries burn the darkside into him, then he is beyond hope. So there is still the matter of Obi-wan trying to get him back before the injuries as I pointed out.

In regards to Ventress: Palpatine knows the legends of Anakin being the possible Chosen One. He wanted to turn him after he knew of him. But he had to wait for him to get pushed a little more. That's why he fuels Anakin's ideals that the Jedi are too controling of him. "you don't need they're guidence, i see you being the greatest of all jedi, even more powerful than master yoda". And as we saw in ROJ, Palpatine sees into the future. He knew all about the rebel fleet. Everything always goes the way he has "forseen". That is also a Sith trait the Jedi, other than those as disciplined as Yoda, do not indulge for it is trying to control through the force, more of that setting the force off balance stuff. Ventress was already too set in her ways, she wasn't as accepting, and she is no where near as powerful as Anakin even now, let alone when he's Vader. That's why she's not considered. The Sith see her as a useful tool only. Dooku may have been trying to get her as an apprentice for himself, so he could kill Palpatine and take over, but Palpatine, in all his wisdom, probably already knows this. Not to mention that Dooku is getting scammed to, as soon as Palpatine has a chance to get Anakin, he'll drop Dooku. And, if you know the spoilers of the first 20 mins of III, you know all about that anyway.

amity75
As long as he has the triangly mouthpiece it should be acceptable. I'd like to see his eyes. They should be sith yellow.

Darth Jello
he should have a crap bag, and a catheter. and he should be assembled on a craftmatik adjustable bed. with touching scenes of sidious feeding him his special sith mix of pureed prunes (Darth Drain-o). "come on ani, open up. here comes the tie fighter into the docking bay."

Rogue Jedi
black armor.....i wanna see black armor.

Julie
patience.....jedi

mephistodesigns
i'm quite sure they would deny us that, it is essential to the whole sith thing to where black anyway.

mephistodesigns
I MEANT WOULDN'T DENY US THAT. damn typos.

Julie
that's why there's an "edit" button:-)

Dirty Vader
especialy when you want to change the thread the minute it has been written.

mephistodesigns
y'know, i never even noticed that was there! Thanks people! That could've saved me on several occasions...

Dirty Vader
The cape is also very important. Imagine Vader in the OT without the cape.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.