Who is this then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega
On Comingsoon.net there are new Revolutions pictures.

Among them this one. Any clue who that is?

burlyman
is that a real pic? (the clothes watch and ring in the real world?)

icon
It's prolly some engineer who worked on the set late and decided to make himself all cool wink

The Omega
laughing out loud

JediHDM
if it doesn't come from whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com, then im not going to believe it until i see it there.

Vim
from Revolutions or Reloaded??

rysdigital
vim, where'd you get that one?

that wasn't in reloaded, afaict.

Sifer
Vim: Picture of Smith is from Reloaded. When he takes over Bane smile

rysdigital
ah, right - forgot about that particular shot.

burlyman
i wouldve thought that was obvious

Vim
R U Sure? These shattered windows look a lot like...

burlyman
i thought the windows looked similar too smile

Vim
He must be the ONE! No, not really, he's just John Gaeta, the visual effects supervisor! The creator of bullet time!

JediHDM
VIM> the window on your right is in a ceiling, that Smith jumps through down into the room with the phone.
The window on your left is Neo looking through a window in the wall. They are not the same window, it's just that the breaking pattern is similar.

Vim
Ah yes, of course, cool pic of the sentinels huh? I like this pic...

must_kill_Santa
well i think the original picture was of someone who wants to die

gabimr2
Omega- Iam not sure..but.. I really think that.. in that photo..
he's jim carry in the movie bruce allmighty..but like inster in
a photo of the matrix smile

HooT
ITs a FX guy in the Neo vs bane lighting gun set.

hodgie723
Yea i can guarntee you that it's not a in the movie Revolutions judging from the watch and ring and clothes that the guy is wearing, and i also agree with Jedi with if it's not from wahtisthematrix.com then it's not offical.

FLIPMODE
Yeah I read that article in the magazine, it was the SFX talking about realoded, he just put himself in that particular pic.

Not part of the real movie.

The Omega
Yes, he does look like Jim Carrey, doesn't he.
The pic is from this page on the site
http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Science_Fiction/The_Matrix_Revolutions

The rest of the pictures are genuie enough, that is why I wondered.

The Omega
Speaking of "who is?". This guy from the Revolutions trailer.
Is that Bane?
http://www.scary-monsters.com/images041103/revolutions/misc/rvmisc5.jpg

JediHDM
yes, this is bane waking up from his "coma".

The Omega
Isn't this place, btw, Seraph's dojo?? (Or rather, what's left of it?)

JediHDM
it looks like it, but the wood paneling on the bottom of the wall is different. maybe somewhere in China town, but i dont think its Seraphs dojo. I went through the entire scene, but i cant see that paneling, so , no, i don't think so. Unless it is the tables thrown up against the wall...

burlyman
it isnt the teahouse

from what ive gathered smith throws neo through the wall and he ends up in this place

burlyman
and then ...smith flys in through the hole and he jumps up.. ...he bounces off a wall.. thats all thats in the trailers

other stuff happens inbetween (im implying no order) big grin

My name is Neo9
probably a digital test of some sort, wit a designer

Korri
they probably just do it to confuse sad ppl like me

The Omega
Hmmm. Neo did walk through (a) Chintown before meeting Seraph in M2. If the picture I attached isn't Serpah's teahouse, it still leaves the question what Smith and Neo are DOING in (a) Chinatown (aside from obviously doing some serious house demolition).

hodgie723
What I don't understand is why Neo is having so much trouble kicking the ass of Smith like he did after the talk with The Oracle in Reloaded. How did Smith get so much stonger so fast?

burlyman
some part of neo imprinted on to him?

hodgie723
but wouldn't that have already happened? if that is true, then why isn't smith as strong as Neo in Reloaded? If Neo deleted Smith in The Matrix, shouldn't the impritinment already have taken place therefore Smith is as strong?

Korri
depends how much information was imprinted

hodgie723
what do you mean Korri?

JediHDM
she means that the level of Smiths strength, as derived from Neo's code, depends on how much of neo's code was copied when Neo destroyed Smith. If a lot was copied, then Smith might be as powerful, however if only a little was copied, then Smith would have to change his own code in order to meet Neo in strength.

Korri
thats exactly wot i mean!!

hodgie723
I get your point but what i don't understand is if Smith is in fact as strong as Neo in Revolutions.. why did it take the whole movie of Reloaded for Smith to get that strong? What I'm trying to ask is why does this imprintenment of Neo to Smith take as long as it does reguardless of how much of Neo was imprinted on to Smith?

Korri
it takes as long as it takes

hodgie723
haha all right

Teunis
Maybe Smiths code is written from a PC, therefor taking forever to transfer data. He lacks neo's Mac abilities to grow stronger faster.

LOL

Man, I just had to throw that in.
I should also throw in that "Hero" with Jet Li kicks ass. If you haven't seen it, check it out. To bad Jet Li turned down the role of Seraph. "Money grabber". BUT, I love Seraph exactly the way he is.

Sifer
Firstly, don't go blurting on about how good MACs are when they got ****in annihilated by PCs in VERY recent tests. Also, if Jet Li was a money grabber, then he would have DEFINATELY taken the part of the Seraph.

JediHDM
True and...true.

icansee
If he was writen in Linux he would have more skills.

Sifer
No he wouldn't 'cause Linux is open source and people would **** around with his code.

burlyman
programs hacking programs laughing out loud

audioheem
lmao

what if.. he was made on.. a typewriter.. confused

JediHDM
What if he was written on a computer that actually worked, and didn't shut down for no apparent reason, and wasnt flawed? That would get rid of Mac, cause it shuts down arbitrarily, and Windows, cause it doesn't work, and Unix, cause its open source. And no, typewriters are not digital, so it makes it kinda hard for source to be written on a typewriter, huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sifer
Also, back to the original topic, the guy in the picture at the beginning of the thread is one of the crew. The picture is from the Crew Swag section of the Matrix.

burlyman
i noticed that too once you brought the crew swag up in another thread

burlyman
wait i checked the other pic and its not the same

JediHDM
maybe it was a pic created for the crew, and was accidentally sent out with the other pics...

Vim
uh... did any of you people get the magazine and actually look at the article? The page with that picture they are talking Special FX and visual fx and stuff like that. I don't remember that particular guy's name but he worked on the visual fx, which are on the set effects, like that spark raining on him, but he was actually put in after the sparks... get it?? got it! good... thumb up rock

hodgie723
Yea Vim is right. i read the article and it said that the guy worked on visual fx that is cooperated with the set. and it did say that he was put in after the sparks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.