Linkin Park

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
very good i like therre newest cd alot but nothin will beat the hybrid cd and the remake of the hybrid just sucked. ne one got ne views

FallingBlue
I love LP, prolly my favorite band, Hybrid Theory shall reign supreme forever, but Meteora wasnt that bad, Faint is probably my favorite song

Killer
they are alright

daronisgod
I was a big fan, not so much any more but they are a good band, Hybrid Theory was a good album, and Meteora is pretty good too. My favourite songs are Faint and Numb...

gotta get rich
Linkin Park rock! Hybrid Theory is a classic, meteora's excellent but reanimation does suck, apart from the remixes of points of authority and with you.
One Step Closer and Dont Stay are there best songs.

BackFire349
hate em.

DeNiro
i like there last cd metro or sumthing alot everysong on it rocks i think

eminem/the one
meteora

Hybrid theory is the original and i think better than Meteora, but Meteora is a great album also. Best song by them i nmy opinion: Papercut, Pushing me away, faint, don't stay, and numb. But all their songs are great. Best band ever

DeNiro
yeah hybrid theory was the best one out of all of them fo sho

gotta get rich
they cnt match up 2 koRn or rage against the machie though

FallingBlue
yah, rage against the machine rox

drumsgirl13
their songs really touch me. when i saw the video for "Numb" believe it or not but i cried around at the end cuz i can really relate to it (it's really powerful how when the girl moves, it's not slow-motion like most videos are so it makes it look really real)!

crazy_c
nye cant say i luv em

BOPRecruit 16
mike shinoda rocks and i love their new song "faint"

grymlock
Linkin Park is a great band, also when they perform live also quite great but still Hybrid still the best album compare Meteora althought i'm not a big fan of Linkin Park.... The Clash still rule!!

Dexx
oh..lp..low quality music. I hate them....stupid me wasting time downloading meteora...it was terrible.
Most of their songs resemble eachother...no message in their music, also.

you'll find many who disagree

FallingBlue
I here by deem you a moron *gives Dexx his dunce hat* YAY!

mah
I think you'll find that more fitting on your own head.

BackFire349
linkin parks lyrics are the same basic whiny crap all the other flavor of the week rock bands of today have.

wicker_man
I have to disagree with the above comment,the lyrics perofrmed by the band are writtein by lead singer Chester Bennington who writes them based on his very own traumatic childhood,people may think there gruff tones are just to show off but its expressing his pain and anger. Eminem does exactly the same but he has to resort to mindless swearing and balrring out obsanities Linkin Prk manage to convey there emotions without having to scoop to swearing.

BackFire349
traumatic childhood huh? i would liek to hear exactly what happened to him that was so horrid?

wicker_man
Bullied,his parents divorce affected him badly,these elements made him turn to drugs to escape the harsh realities of life which lead to a downward spiral. He was constanlty moving around this did not give him time to adjust to a stable home enivorment

BackFire349
.....traumatic? these sound like normal thinsg alot of people go through and manage to handle. i dont see why these very normal and trivial events made his childhood traumatic. I've definately heard about other lead singers going through much more trumoil in their life.

wicker_man
I respect your opninons but he was still in his childhood years (around 14 yrs old i think), the psychological scars must've been damaging to say the least, stuff like that no matter how trivial they seem to you must have some lasting affect on him and he's expressing his emotions and expereinces thorugh music.

BackFire349
alot of kids deal with divorce, (about 60 percent actually, if not more) alot of kids move around alot, not all of them are stupid enough to believe drugs to be the answer to their problems. that stuff is not traumatic in anyway to any normal human being. he shoulda just taken some vikatin or something.

wicker_man
That is why alot of kids listein to there music,those who went through what Chester experienced see comfort in his songs and lyrics as it conveys a message of hey i went through it aswell i know how you feel and your not alone.

BackFire349
still, these are not traumatic events, you wanna hear about really traumatic events, and some lyrics with extreme power and emotion put into them, listen to korns early work. puts linkin parks lyrics to shame in ever way.

wicker_man
Linkin Park do not base there entire musical career on one persons events there are seven people in that band Chester is only one of them,so not all there music is based on traumatic events. KoRn,Eminem to name just two base there whole entire careers on depressing and angst ridden lyrics which gets really boring and depressing after a while. Kurt Cobain is also another star who had a traumatic upbringing who well and truly puts Eminem to shame.

mah
Traumatic lives seldom do anything to the music. Kurt Cobain is overrated and as famous as he is today because of his death. Linkin Parks lyrics aren't good even if they're based on the 'trauma' of Chester.

crazy_rock_chic
i liked them but im kinda goin off them now coz their new album wasnt great,hybrid theory was cool tho

Dexx
their ONLY good song is in the end. No..not good....worth listening at least. that's the only one. The rest..just don't tell me anything

Fitch
the screaming is all alike smile

Dexx
HA!..but you like em!

Fitch
I don't like them....I'm not listening at home or anything.But if I'm the car and they come on radio also I won't change the channel...

Dexx
well...i guess i wouldn't either. Unless ofcourse i happen to be annoyed by loosing a plane or something like that big grin

BackFire349
id change the channel in a heart beat.

wicker_man
I like them as do i like Limp Bizkit and Nickelback two other heavily crisiced bands but hey its my life.

BackFire349
nickelback is a wannabe creed, who sucks to begin with.

wicker_man
Your opnion, i like them though have since day one.

Fitch
nickelback is better I say then linkin park in some ways...

shadow link
i must and have to say linkin parks albums - both of them are at such a high standard who ould beter them

theres some albums which could be better but are each of the bamnds albums consistantly good

coz i only buy albums if i dont have to skip any tracks, i wont all 12 of the tracks to deliver

so i know i can trust to buy a LP album and safely add it to mi collection without disapointment

shadow link
ive found most rock albuks meet my standards and no pop/ mainstream do. they seem to have the good songs from the radio and maybe one or 2 more almost or just as good them the rest r junk-

thats y i only have rock albums
again, im sure there are plently of great pop albums out there but are the bands albums constistantly good

must_kill_Santa
im gonna see linkin park in November

LiQuiD
actually.. going back to the "traumatic experiences" i believe chester was also molested as a child... and thats not sumthin 60% of kids go through

LiQuiD
oh yeh... i love lp... mayeb some of you perceive their lyrics as weak because they arent too specific.. they are that way so anyone can relate even if they didnt go through the exact situation. amazing music and vocals, and juct quality stuff. Both hybrid theory and meteora had all songs that could have been singles.... i actually liked reanimation as well.

BackFire349
he wasnt molested.

BackFire349
the word 'quality' should never be used in conjunction with linkin park.

LiQuiD
k.. your opinion. what do you consider "quality"?

Killer
who are you Liquid?

DBZFan
I can't help but start to think DEniro is coping me.I MADE A THREAD ABOUT LIKIN PARK. mad mad

DeNiro
well did ur thread go crazy like mine did i never came to this after the first pge and now we r talking about chester the molestor and i didnt see a likin park thread up there so i decided to make one sorrry bout that

Killer
"chester the molestor"

ROTFFLMCAO

mah
What's the "C" for?

LiQuiD
killer... what do u mean who am i? lol.. im just an LP and other music fan who just found these (mainly the matrix) forums smile

BackFire349
Tool, Korn, system of a down, dredg, nothing face, pantera,rage against the machine.

wicker_man
I like LP as do i like SOAD and KoRn as well as Iron Maiden,Bad Religon,Hawkwind,Uriah Heep,Led Zepplein,Smashing Pumpkins,Nirvana,Soundgarden,Faith No More,Limp Bizkit,Muse,Nickelback,Saliva luv em all thats only the tip.

DeNiro
PanterA rock rock MY FAVORiTE BAND NEXT TO MUDVAYNE OOO YEAHHH!!!!!! great chose BF

Killer
oo never mind.. i just no another Liquid from a diff place.. i was just seeing for some reason if it was her

Killer
Candy

so it would be Candy Ass off

CandyKoRn
err...

ok.

I thought that Hybrid Theory was very original at the time.

Then Reanimation was sh**

Meteora is good..

but Hybrid Theory was my fav'.
though, i'm not a huge fan, so don't listen to me. stick out tongue

DeNiro
cut my life in two picese this is my last resort o thats not likin park lol

FallingBlue
lol, but still a great song

DeNiro
yeah it is havent heard it ina while whatever happend to those poaroach guys????

BackFire349
they were one hit wonders.

DeNiro
and there is my answer

Killer
mama roach came down and beat the shit out of em

wicker_man
I liked Last Resort and Blood Brothers.

DeNiro
the hives also had a few good songs and i havent heard ne thing about them latly

deviltearsLPROX
ok for one chester bennington is not the only only who writes the lyrics, mike shinoda doese too, also chester had not only had to deal with the divorce and drugs but his father had sexualy melseted him as well, though he did not say much about it on the interview. linkin park does not show off and they choose to let people know how they feel inside as well as ty to connect that with others. they are one of the best bands i have ever heard and yes i will agree that reanamation was bad and that i don;t think they will be able to top there hybrid theory cd but i love every single song they have made for they put a great amount of effort into each one of them as well as a peace of themself,i liseten to them and i get the chills at how hard the music hits me, yes it can be depressing sometimes but i have never found it boring. but i have been depressed practically since the day i was born and the only thing i have not sdelt with is being a les, bi, or death, those are all i can think of now but i have gone through way too much to have one of the best bands around dissed. if you have nothing good to say about them then leave and say nothing at all becasue there better than everband because they repect and work extreamly hard on what there doing they take there job seriously, i have met them quite a few times and have learned alot ans they have made me all the wiser. they have stopped me from dammaging my mind as well as my body, for a long time i could feel nothing and then they came along and blew me away i am alive because of them and i have no reason not to respect everything they are as well as the music they make.

Killer
very nice
(i ment that in the best way possible)

and i do belive Linkin Park has VERY strong lyrics and meanings in their songs.. and I can see how you can relate to them
(well.. i don't know you... but .. yeah)

and there's NOTHING wrong with being les or bi

*goes to bed*

i know... i don't make sense... esp. when i am tired...

*yells*

lefty
you make sense to me *huggles*
I agree with you big grin

julibug
i like linkin park for a song or two. then i have to change the cd. so, i guess i'm not a big fan, but i can appreciate their music.

LindsIsTightK
I like Linkin Park's old stuff better then I like their new stuff. Their new stuff is still good, just not as good. I really like their remix cd though, one of my favorites big grin

BackFire349
They don't have old stuff, their oldest cd is like 3 years old. All the cd's since then have been rushed out in order to keep people interested and make sure people remember them, because otherwise people will lose interest if they don't rush out an album every 8 months.

They are all bad, sorry.

Krisco
Linkin park is crap. Their sound , I dont like. All their song sounds a like, the lyrics arent that good, they have no specific meaning (Maybe except a few) The new album is a rip off, 33 minutes? **** that. 33 Minutes and the album is FULL PRICE, how low is that? And that damn Meteora album sounds the same as the HYBRID one, hell, they could be BONUS track to HYBRID but not on a new album. I thought bands changes their sound album to album, Linkin just gave us the same old recepee, wich is now old. Also what pisses me off, in METEORA it says : Join LP UNDERGROUND FOR 22USD, AND RECEIVE ANOTHER CD WITH UNRELEASED TRACKS. Ok serious, what the ****.. why dint they put these *extra tracks* on meteora? And make the album longer than 33 god damn minutes? What a lame way to make money, way to go linkin park, you are the suck. And live, The signer Chester cannot yell, he sucks when he yell, I cant stand it. Just download a FAINT live video from TOP OF THE POP and u will c what I mean.. he SUCKS. Sorry, i hate Linkin park, they just took sounds from other bands and merged them, nothing original.

What I consider good quality bands are Korn, System of a down, Deftones, Rage against the machine, Coldplay, Metallica.. and the list goes on , theere is a lot, but Linkin park dosent fit there.

I saw Linkin in the sanitarioum tour, and they where the wrost performers, the music was ok, nothing mind blowing or amazing, it was just *ok* , but the vocals where the most awfull ones I heard.

blakangel
ok...with my cousin around, I get Linkin Park drilled in to my head nearly ALL THE F**KING TIME!! And have you heard their previous bands?!?! Completely hip hop...And all their s**t sounds the same...

I was never really into Linkin Park to begin with, but when my cousin was torturing me with it I realized exactly why I don't like them. The music to all their songs are so similar to each other, that you could take the lyrics to one of their songs and sing it to the tune of another, and it'll still sound like the same damn song. There is no musical talent and/or variation there at all! That, and the singer's voice has no range at all. He can basically only sing one, maybe two notes.

BackFire
Yep.

loserib
i have a strange story about nsyncin park me and my firend bobby went to a hed pe show this one time way before nsyncin park were even getting radio play and me and my firend were talking to the guitarist when he started picking up on bobby and giving him like moon eyes and shit you should have seen bobbys face all he wanted was an autograph and this guy is trying to hold his hand it was funnier then a mother****er
also everybody gets picked on and more people are molested the any one knows
also i think they would be alot better if they droped the rapper and the dj made theguitarist actully learn how to play his instrument

royal_jester
Nsyncin park???????????

It is linkin park laughing out loud

In my personal opinion to all this mess that you people are talking about> is that every band is good in themselves. Some people will relate better to linkin park thus enjoying their music. Some people will relate to Nickleback thus enjoying their music too. I personally like linkin park myself because of the way they sound--yes I know some people will disagree to that but hey that is only my opinion. Everyone has the right to their own opinion on here but just watch out you might upset someone in the process.

blakangel
I think if you like one Linkin park song you like them all...

But if you're that kind of person that likes variety and diversity in your bands music/ you dont like the sound of linkin park then you wont like them....

I like things to change, its nice to have a band and say hey I think this song is better because or I dont like that song really. And have reasons behind why.... (if that makes any sense embarrasment)

because to be honest except for the lyrics all the songs are way to much unindividual from one another.

lol @ nsynicin park laughing out loud

LindsIsTightK
I love LP, I was obsessed with them when they first came out, and regardless of what other people think, I still like them. I have a wide range of musical likes and they vary from the likes of Michael Jackson to Billy Gillman, to System of A Down. I like most everything, LP included.

.:[Kamikaze]:.
hey i'ma big fan of theres i like all there albums but not so much reanimation its just remixes of hybrid theory n i thought they could do better bu i really liked POA that was a good remix smile

in flames
for a band that writes 20% of there music THEY ROCK :P i like some songs here there..people really overrate them!big grin

gcharlottepunk
Yep, LP rocks pretty hard, and Chester is hot. I want to do him. That's not why I like the band though. I love their music.

yeh innit he is soooooo FINNNEEEEE lol big grin ooo n mike has the cutest smile ever big grin

blakangel
They only write 20% eek! friggin hell...they actually pay for the same type of song over and over again.... and they're even more talentless than I first thought.

Also it takes (i think they have) 3 guys just to do some beat box or scratching, a good dj could do the whole damn thing himself.

I was watching mtv the other day, linkin park seems to have just skipped singing notes now in their songs, just one mad shout...not even a very powerful one..., i think they'll be reduced (well not reduced haha, considering how many more band members they'll throw in for "backup and effects"wink to a group of about 20 guys, standing in a recording studio all day, yelling to three chords and more sound effects than the newest blockbuster at theaters, and people will still buy their music...because the mass music audience has no taste in what they think "metal" really is because mtv sucks!

in flames
and dont forget the guitars..i wounder if the the guitarist really plays his instrument?? maybe he dose because there so simple and weak most of my freinds that play guitar say that! lol

gcharlottepunk
yes, Mike has an adorable smile Kamikaze. He makes me want to melt.

innit its like aww ur sooooooo cute *wants to pinch his check* lol

loserib
yes the guitars in nsyncin park are really easy to play nothing specal at all

smarcus
who ever said they only write 20%... thats not true... they actually write alot more than that and Kamikaze your right his smile his wonderful lol!

lprules4ever
i just recently stopped liking linkin park for the fact that meteora has like a couple original tracks..then they ran out of ideas....but i still think chester is amazing. hybrid theory was still pretty good in my eyes tho. The ones that caught my attention were like all of them but after listenin to them for awhile i just have to like stop listenin to them cuz they get tooo damn repetitive..Mike sucks at rapping by the way..just thought i should mention it

DarkC
Identical threads. Merge needed.

lprules4ever
Fear Factory...System of a Down....Machine Head...Soulfly...Dope....all better than LP sorry to say

SlipknoT
Dope is Terrible, But the rest thumb up

Red Superfly
Originally posted by .::.
innit its like aww ur sooooooo cute *wants to pinch his check* lol

INNIT MAAAAAATE!

sully_2u
yea...dope is pretty terrible....i had only heard one of there songs when i posted that...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by sully_2u
Fear Factory...System of a Down....Machine Head...Soulfly...Dope....all better than LP sorry to say

Dude, wasn't your screen name "lprules4ever" the other day?

-AC

Darth Revan
"Some things never change"... and some things do, apparently.

Dr. Octagon
some things never change sad

like Linkin Park ruining Chali 2na mixtape and Handsome Boy Modeling School album no

Darth Revan
sad

sully_2u
actually that was quoting morpheus off of the matrix..it didnt let me put the rest of it like Some things change, some things never change

Darth Revan
Yeah, I know. I've watched it. And the quote is actually "Some things never change... and some things do". erm

Deathblow
Originally posted by Dr. Octagon
some things never change sad

like Linkin Park ruining Chali 2na mixtape and Handsome Boy Modeling School album no

Yeah they get everywhere, I've downloaded Aceyalone, Black Thought, X-Ecutioners, Pharoah Monche and Chali 2na songs before which have turned out to be Linkin Park featuring one of the above erm

sully_2u
yea they did a pretty shitty job with reanimation...the only song i like on that is WTH>YOU which is featuring Aceyalone...all the others really blew... do you think they would be better without the MC (mike shinoda)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.