DareDevil better than Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gotta get rich
I know a lot of people r gonna disagree ith me, but i think Daredevil was a better film than Spiderman. It had a better cast, soundtrack and storyline. Ok so it was too short and they killed off the sexy character, but I just found Daredevil more believable and less sugar coated.
big grin

BOPRecruit 16
Spider-Man was/is and always be better than Daredevil in my opinion. Plus, the story was more solid and had better actors.

ragesRemorse
daredevil is garbage, it shows how superhero movies can fail and fail miserably. Bad dialogue and character development makes for a bad bad bad movie

Striel
I gotta disagree-- Spiderman is much better!

gotta get rich
well, i did say people were gonna disagree wid me.

BOPRecruit 16
peter parker also had real life situations to deal with too, not just dd.

ragesRemorse
daredevil is a great character possibly one of the best and he always dealt with real life situations they were more from a mans point of view though rather than a teenager or early 20's kid to me the movie was just done all wrong especially the actors they casted

gotta get rich
c'mon! sum 1 out theres gotta agree wit me!!!

BOPRecruit 16
but more teens were able to relate to another teen.

Puresugar12
While my girlfriend thinks Daredevil was better, I don't think so. I think Spider-Man is a great movie. The only problem I had with Daredevil is that they tried to fit too many interesting characters into one movie i.e. Elektra, Kingpin, and Bullseye. And the fact that Kingpin was basically made to look like a little *****. He was defeated so easily it really made the character look like crap. Although I must say that Colin Farrel was awesome as Bullseye. Very funny guy.

Anyway, Spider-Man is quite possibly the best super hero movie ever. I've always been loyal to Batman, but I'm not so sure.

pablo007
Spider-Man is better but Daredevil's good too but the dialogue is bad.

shadow link
i rather did enjoy daredevil, it seemed deeper and darker than daredevil, but some of the un nessecary or shaky scenes let it down a little, but it had a good plot development

where as spiderman was basically flawless when it came to how strong the scens were it just seemed it was being like safe by being uniform and not goign for too much

but dare devil definately isnt on my bad books

Hypernova
I thought Spiderman was much better than Daredevil.

LIBloom
Same here. I didn't really like the Dare Devil costume and Ben Affleck couldn't really act in that movie. So I prefer Spiderman! Dum de dum...

Sherif
Daredevil was too dark. The covered Afflacks lack of moves and acrobatics with darkness. Also Aflack's not broad shouldered enough to be Daredevil and his legs are too skinny. Plus DD would have caught that knife thrown at electra's dad. They underestimated DD's powers while they were acurate to Spideys strength speed and power. DD was a waste it could have and should have been way better. Hulk was a great movie as well except for all the biology crap. Banner was a Physicist not a biologist. They screwed up his origin.

keif
i had some problems with dare devil,now don't get me wrong i liked it, buti didn't like how dark daredevil was...and bullseye was never crazy he killed for money thats it...i grew up reading comics in the 70's and 80's i don't like my heros killing...but all in all yes a good movie better then spidey no

kal-el
I liked DD better than spidey but accept that as a film, spidey was more solid and character based.Granted DDs character developed too, from violent and flawed to slightly less so.I'm a DD fan, he's the best as far as I'm concerned but I wish they'd have done some stuff better.Affleck was good really, brooding and mean. they should have explained how Elektra is so tough(ninja past) and the kingpin is sucha tough combatant(should have shown him training over the years and shown his horrible childhood, first murder at 13). the biggest mistake was leaving stick out.'stick' for those of you who don't know, was DDs yoda, a blindman who was also a ninja and taught young Matt to use his supersenses. They could have showed 'Maggie'-Matt's mum who left him and his dad to become a nun, confronting him in hospital with the comforting words 'this is a gift from god, it can be our secret' like she did in the 'bornagain story line'. Despite all this, DD was still better than spidey coz it was more grown up and kick-arse. The bit with battle-scarred/broken hearted Matt after a night's work was perfect and so were the acrobatic/fighting scenes. The jumps he made were fine, he is an olympic level athlete and all the jumps were from high to low, making it possible to cover the distances. his hair could have been more proper red.what else?........oh yeah, the directors cut is out in April apparantly and it's 30mins longer with more plot lines that seemed missing.And its an 18/R rating meaning more grown up issues.
THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR ROCKS!

Linkalicious
Maguire showed he's a better actor than Affleck. Both costumes kicked butt. Dafoe as the goblin did a much better job than Michael Clark Duncan. The story was developed better, and the action sequences in Spiderman were fluent as opposed to the riggidness of DD. Spidey owns DD!

Blade Cutter
I hate the DD movie where the f@ck was Stick the made Matt teach him self to fight wtf Ben Can't act I mean Affleck can not act the movie was killing the name of DareDevil and that kick to the legs he gave Kingpin would not have beat him the hole movie sucked bad I mean the acting was so bad they left to much out the story sucked.I wanted the hole Marvel DVD collection But DD put a stop to that the Hulk too if I did get DD I would have to shot my self.Spider-man and X-2 are the best comic movies DD is one of the worst movies ever not just comic movies any movies DareDevil suck bad!Why are they making DD 2?

Gambit Lebeau
i liked dardevil better

Herr Logan
There were elements of Daredevil that I thought were good. Among them are the faithful origin story (because of lack of time, we really don't need Stick in the movie, and Stick wasn't in the original Pre-Frank Miller origin, so let it go), the costume (except for the mask, I wanted something more akin to Batman's cowl), DD's unrealistic yet unspeakably awesome cane weapon, and I actually approve of the use of sonar rather than a "radar sense". Honestly, I always figured that if a man mutated so that he could sense proximity without seeing, it would be like some mammals' natural sonar capabilities. I think it makes more sense, even though I know it's changing the lore. I can accept it. I think they handled it well.
My problems with the Spider-Man movie aside (you can find most of them in the "Man-spider" thread in the Spidey section), Daredevil was an inferior picture overall. The lighting was terrible, so we missed much of the action. They attempted to place Daredevil in Gotham City, and that's just pointless. Hell's Kitchen could have been portrayed as its own place with its own personality. The plot that was left in the movie was rushed and superficial. Daredevil somehow had a miniature Bat-Cave in his apartment, plus an automated sensory deprivation chamber. How the hell does a poor kid from the Kitchen who grows up to be a bleeding-heart pro bono lawyer who gets paid in fish afford such equipment?? All they had to do was allude to one rich client; maybe another Marvel character who doesn't have strict production rights prohibiting cross-commercial mentioning. They could have featured more street-level run-ins with lowlifes, instead of ripping off "Batman" once again and leaving Daredevil an urban myth who is seen only once or twice by common criminals.
I should be fair and point out that the movie we saw in theaters and one the DVD was an abridged version. I read the novelization, which had a fully developed plot, and I know at least some of these missing scenes were filmed. There is supposed to be a Daredevil 1.5 DVD on which these scenes should be. Actually, there WAS supposed to be a new DVD, but I heard it was pushed back to next year for unknown reasons. This would be tolerable to me if not for my suspicion that they are also delaying the release of the video game for a whole goddamn year.
Daredevil is one of the greatest comic book characters ever written, and I am ashamed of the people involved in this movie as a whole. There aren't any excuses for some of the mistakes they made, but there are always the same old excuses. Feh.

Asian Hulk
What do you think about Spidey and Daredevil?

Asian Hulk
Do you like this?

Deus_ex_Machina
still have to see DD, and the hulk, and the x-mens

man do i have work to do...

eleveninches
spidey could kick daredevils ass, but daredevil is the better character, as he is blond, does not have much useful super abilities, and has overcome more obsticals in his life to become the man he is today, whereas spiderman is still just a kid who had his powers given to him.

kal-el
DD is a red-head dude!And having super-hearing, smell are incredibly useful in catching criminals, he can detect a crime in anywhere in NY and track any one who's scent he has. not to mention the benefits of a super-sense of balance and a radar sense which is actually better than sight for the stuff he has to do(fight, jump distances that he needs to judge perfectly or he'll fall and die) Damn right about him being such a good character though.In my view, the best!

Darth Jello
spidey and DD are pretty evenly matched. wasn't DD actually able to sneak up on spidey in one appearance?

Fallen Jedi
just passing through. i've never posted here b4...well, now i guess i have. wink

VENOMfan
er.............awsome

The Batman
He's better because he is blond? That's moronic. How do you even dress yourself in the morning?

Peter Parker is in his mid-twenties, so he's not as much of a kid as you.

Daredevil had his powers given to him as well. He didn't earn his powers, he just worked harder to master them, since they are more difficult to which to adjust.

Aside from your flimsy arguments as to why Daredevil is better, I believe he is more interesting as a character, even though Spider-Man is more entertaining and definitely Daredevil's superior in a fight.

kal-el
Agreed, DD is a superb character as is spiderman.IMO DD is the more interesting but spiderman's wit and humour in the face of danger, is as funny as DDs Fearlessness in the face of danger is impressive.

The Batman
The best Daredevil stuff comes from Frank Miller, in my opinion. I'm not too keen on the remake of the origin story, "Man Without Fear," overall, but I do like his story-lines. I like having "Daredevil" envisioned as a crime drama, with superpowers and costumes thrown in for flavor.
The current plot-line is interesting (Daredevil went nuts... again), but Brian Michael Bendis's writing style gets irritating on some levels after a while. A very short while, since he writes about half of all Marvel Comics titles. You get exposed right quick.

eleveninches
it was a typo. I meant to say blind

The Batman
In that case, I retract my statement.

tkitna
I liked DD better. I kind of like the darkness that the movie portrayed. Spiderman shooting his webbing out of his actual hand makes up for any short comings in Daredevil. I just thought that was really dumb. Make the web-shooters and make it as real as possible. Spiderman had alot more eye candy for the viewer though. I like both alot, but DD was more suited to my taste. X-2 blew them both out of the water though.

VENOMfan
id wait tell Spiderman two came out and hopefullya DD 2 of some kind.....

they need to step spidey up in the movie's he wasnt portrayed nearly as agile as he is in the comic's. and he could be more of a smartass

The Batman
Amen to that, VENOMfan. I really missed the wisecracks. Anyone who has played the video game "Spider-Man: the Movie" knows that Tobey Maguire does just fine devilering smart-ass commentary and quips as Spider-Man. I felt that the video game held more actual Spidey than the movie.

Anyone know when the Daredevil game is supposed to be released? I'm dying to get my filthy little hands on that.

VENOMfan
I tell ya, every magizine say's it's already made and pretty damn fun to play. but the release date is like halo 2's non-existant

FrothByte
which would you think better: spiderman's spider sense or dd's sonar?

VENOMfan
Spider sense is pretty hard to beat as far as reaction time goe's. it 15x faster than most human's. Venom is close at about 12x and DD cant be too far behind. at least a 7 or 8 is my guess

LeAtHerRFace
So.. much threads... neway... GO Spidey

The Batman
I still contend that Venom has no spider-sense, just a full-body eyeball to let him know when folks are sneaking up on him.

I would rather have a spider-sense than a radar sense. The radar sense requires interpretation, which could be erroneously executed. The spider-sense is less distracting and requires much less interpretation, only signaling danger. Of course, the spider-sense can only be used with maximum efficiency with Spider-Man's reflexes and speed.

kal-el
I disagree, the radar sense is specicfic to quite a radius around DD. He knows exactly where an attack is coming from, can sense everything in a 360 perception, where as the spider sense is incosistent.It CAN be totally specific, but can sometimes be very vague.DDs radar tells him everything around him further then a sighted person can see and of course in 360 degrees around him, and you're so right about spideysense only being useful if you have the speed of reaction anyway, that it makes the rest a moot point IMO. In any case , the specific nature of the radar sense makes it better IMO. Also, the radar can act like x-ray vision due to DDs hypersenses, he can tell the arrangement of things in a room he's not even in. The spidersense is only a danger sense where as the radar is a replacement for DDs sight and is much better than sight(for a superheroe's purposes anyway).They cant be compared therefore, because they serve different functions.If you mean that SS is better for warning danger, then of course it is because thats all it does.It doesn't have the full range of use that radar sense has.

kal-el
Cant believe I've typed that much talking bout radar v spider sense.

Mr Parker
No way,Spider-Man,errr Man-Spider which is what it SHOULD have been called,is the film thats garbage.You want to talk about bad dialogue and bad character development?Spider-Man is the one you need to be talking about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
UHH no spider-man would be the one that qualifys as not just one of the worst comicbook movies made,but one of the worst movies made,NOT Daredevil.

VENOMfan
it is basically a "full body eyeball" but it has the same pricipals as Spidersense. just not as reactive at spidey's best he has 15x greater reaction speed. and Venom has at least 8x threw 12x greater than human reaction speed. and far as speed goes Venom and Spidey are both very fast. Spiderman just has far greater agility and finess

really I call it a spider sense for the lack of a better term. but his "Venom sense" i guess, is still quite fast

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/v/venom.htm
^great site right here, bio's for damn near everyone

The Batman
I wasn't actually stating my opinion on what is "better" in general, as it's totally relative to your needs/ability/situation/etc. I was saying that I would be alerted to danger immidiately, rather than being forced to interpret the radar signals. The radar sense isn't as specific because it makes no distinction between "good" an "bad," unlike the spider-sense. The radar sense can conceivably give you much more information, but that requires much split-second analysis, recognition, and decision-making, which takes years of intense training to master. In this sense Daredevil is to be commended for his mastery of his senses, whereas Spider-Man is lauded only for his choice to use the abilities he was given.
The reason I would choose the spider-sense is that I'm lazy. Lazy like Kevin Smith and the writers of the Spider-Man movie! Daredevil is more of a detective, like the Batman. Spider-Man is more instinctual and intuitive. He doesn't have to work as hard.

VENOMfan
that's probably why spidey is a smart ass, he write's his material in the time DD or Batsy would use tracking there foe

eleveninches
I think that daredevil is a mor comlex an interesting character than spidey, but spidey would win in a fight

The Batman
laughing

Unfortunately, after reading many, many Spider-Man comics, I must testify that his razor-sharp wit is also a spontaneous, instinctual ability.

Like I said before, Spider-Man is more entertaining, but Daredevil is a more interesting character.

kal-el
Fair points, I understand what you mean. The effectiveness of the spidersense is more obvious. The radar is all seeing and all knowing and DD can usually figure out the threat through his other senses,but the SS is instant I suppose. Imagine having both!

The Batman
If you had both, you'd have more nervous breakdowns in one year than Daredevil and Spider-Man combined. "Too... much... input..."

VENOMfan
just imagine having split personalities on top of that, I would gladly hop off a roof with all that mumbo jumbo going on in my head

kal-el
LOL. You're right. Didn't think about that. laughing

Mr Parker
Daredevil was by far much superiour to that piece of crap garbage manspider movie.That sucks that manspider 2 is coming out this summer. mad

Gregory
I'm curious, Mr. Parker; when Spiderman 2 (or Manspider 2, if you prefer) comes out, will you see it? If not, why does it bother you that it's coming out? If you will, why?

DarkCrawler
Good question.

wolverine8888
I sorry but this fight would end so fast spider man just way out of daredevil league they have also foughten be for and spider man won

vaya_the_elf
I think spiderman is much better than daredevil, but they both are spiffy.

ScarletSpider
Back to the part of the subject that was about the movie...

I think it had some potential, but the poor writing and casting kept it from achieving any success. Afleck just sucks. He's not a good action actor, hell, he's not a good actor at all. Elektra was ok, could have been better, but this was her first movie I think, so I made some allowances for being bellow-par. Kingpin needed to be a little more stoic and gruff. I think Duncan was a good choice, he's a big guy, and as for changing race, that makes sense I think, not to do any racial profiling, but poor kids from the Bronx stand just as much a chance of being african american as being caucasian, and it was mostly the comic industry's racial attitudes during the 60's that made him white to begin with.

The park scene was just horrible, an introductory fight between DD and Elektra would be fine, but it would have been better if DD had followed her to a dojo or something, she's supposed to be some big-to-do martial artist right? And much more. For a funny "article" on the movie...

http://maddox.xmission.com/dare_devil.html

Mr Parker
yeah I'll see it.I got one of those movie deals when you see 10 movies the 10th is free,so since its free might as well.I only want to see it because the special effects of OCK climbing the builidngs look really impressive and I want to see that,plus OCK is my 2nd favorite villian after GREEN GOBLIN,a reason why I wanted to see the first film,but after the 2nd one this summer,I probably wont see anymore.sony has screwed up and ruined the spidey mythos so much I wont be able to sit through them anymore after MANSPIDER 2.DAREVIL could have been a better film as well, no doubt about that,but it was a hell of a lot more closer to being more faithful to the source material than spiderman was.

Wynndar
I personally would rather see them team up than fight each other

FrothByte
Uh spidey. all spidey has to do is use his superior speed to creep up behind dd's back and shout in his ear! smile

wolverine8888
true

kal-el
or not true considering DDs radar sense or super hearing preventing anyone creeping up on him.But I do believe spidey would win in a fight eventually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.