Classic Rock Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kissarmy001
arrange the following classic rock songs from favorite to least favorite:
Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Eagles - Hotel California
Eric Clapton - Layla
Rolling Stones - Satisfaction
Pink Floyd - Money
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
The Doors - Come on baby light my fire
David Bowie - Changes
ZZ top - Tush

Killer
DAVID BOWIE!!

robincooper
soory that is too hard theres just so many greats there!

wicker_man
Classic Rock with No Iron Maiden,AC/DC or Guns & Roses?

But if i had to choose it would be 'Stairway to Heaven' by the legends that are Def Leppard.

Evil Dead
How can you have a classic rock list without AC/DC?...........

I put T.N.T. or Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap over any of those songs listed above.............

BackFire349
zeppilin

ragesRemorse
maiden, ac/dc and GnR arent classic rock i mean there more recent bands, i think anything after the 70's is modern .

Led zeppelin by far even though stairway isnt there best song

Baylin
Depends on my mood as to which I like most...

AbexTar
LED ZEPPELIN ROCKS. Rages Remorse! your right stairway might not be there best song but, they are the best there and anywhere!!!

Df02
Oo

Tptmanno1
I'd have to go with Floyd. Just like it more. its the Only rock song in 7/4 time.

ElectricBugaloo
quick! make a list of overplayed classic rock songs in an attempt to seem cool!

Darth Revan
yeah really laughing out loud

SeptemberRain
Led Zeppelin-Stairway
Deep Purple-Smoke on the Water
Eagles-Hotel Cali
Clapton-Lalya
Jimi Hendrix-Purple Haze
Rolling Stones-Satisfaction
Pink Floyd-Money
The Doors-Come on Baby Light My Fire
Bowie-Changes
ZZ Top-Tush

there are a lot better, songs than those, i admit, but i felt like doing it anyway

ragesRemorse
if you have no list you have no debate. If you try and list the greatest of the great, you have no debate. so i think those choices are appropriate, they are some of the most well known songs.

ElectricBugaloo
those aren't those artists best songs.

Led Zeppelin--pretty much anything off their first five albums is better than Stairway
Deep Purple--Hush or Child In Time
Eagles--I never really liked the Eagles,
Bowie--Suffrage At City
Jimi Hendrix--And the Wind Cries Mary
Rolling Stones--Sympathy for the Devil
Pink Floyd--Wish You Were Here
The Doors--The Soft Parade
ZZ Top--Brown Sugar

ragesRemorse
i personally never said those songs were the artists best songs, just that they are some of the most well known songs of the genre, by well known i mean known by people who don't even know a damn thing about classic rock, of course if you took those bands best songs many people would'nt know them, then you get into the debate what is there best songs, that would certainly be dominated by opinions which would storm into heated debates that go no where but in circles.

ragesRemorse
by the way, the wind cries mary is far from being jimi's best song, even though it is a monster of greatness. However it is far from being his best rythmically, and talented song

ElectricBugaloo
i never said those were necessarily the artists best songs, just examples of songs that are better than the ones shown

Corlindel
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
The Doors - Come on baby light my fire
Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
ZZ top - Tush
David Bowie - Changes
Rolling Stones - Satisfaction
Eric Clapton - Layla
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Eagles - Hotel California
Pink Floyd - Money

It was hard to do it blink

snoopy43
I think ALL the songs have their own merit among the greatest. Here's some of mine:
Beatles- The White Album
Eric Clapton- Motherless Children
Jimi Hendrix- Foxy Lady
Zeppelin- Trampled Underfoot
Stones- Sympathy For The Devil
Van Halen- Jamie's Crying Happy Dance

finti
huh? Def Leppard????????

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh Electric Bugaloo agree on Child In Time with Purple, Hush on hte other hand,..... no way. Burn, Highway Star, Fireball well then we are talking Purple at their best.

Surprised that one calling himself Kissarmy 001 would leave out songs by Kiss though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.