Wrong Turn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SaTsuJiN
Hadnt seen a post about this one hehe :O
I thought this was the shining example of what they could do if they put thier minds to it. You actually almost didnt want to see how they died lol.
So the gore factor was definately a plus. Some of the character personalities were disagreeable though. All in all though, Im still gonna get the dvd when it comes out.

What did you guys think? I thought its a definately good first step in the right direction.. lets just hope they dont make a sequel -_-)

Wasnt this sortof a remake on the movie Deliverance?

ragesRemorse
no i dont think it was a remake of deliverance but they may have taken the deliverance atmosphere or somthing but deliverance was supposed to be taken serious. I liked Wrong turn, though twords the end they kind of went over the top with this movie.i mean did you see that hunters tower at the end? it was like a hundred feet in the air. The acting was good though with good dialogue, the actors in the movie actually did things a real person would do and thats anything to survive, instead of doing dubm stupid shit just so there could be an interaction with a bad guy the writers seemed to try and stay away from that. I liked the movie i thought it did kind of make a u-turn at twords the end

BackFire349
it was pretty lame.

BABOON
why even pretend that this movie is good????i cant even think about one good thing to say about wrong turn except that it ended at one point. and if you're gonna waste money on this dvd why not do something more useful with the money instead like flush it down the toilet...or make origami figures with it. errrrrr.....sorry.. i realize everybody is entitled to their own opinion but when i go to the movie discussion boards and they're talking about 2 Fast 2 Furious and Vin Diesel and then come here and someone's praising this movie it just makes me wonder why people like this would ever even consider going to a movie forum when they clearly have no knowledge of what a good movie is.ughhh. *punches computer and then goes and cries in the corner* thumb down wacko thumb down wacko thumb down wacko

slayer
wrong turn has 2 be 1 of the best movies i've seen in ages

ragesRemorse
i dont think anyone is going to praise this movie, but when compared to the rest of the shit out there like terminator3 and the superhero let downs and more remakes and un original bullshit horror movies, this atleast accomplishes the cheesy fast paced appeal horror flicks are known for. of course if you look at this movie seriously its gonna suck gigli style

BABOON
if anybody out there can claim that wrong turn is better than termonator 3 then you my friend are insane.

ragesRemorse
T3 was horrible, thats one of those movies where you walk out of the theater and say to your self " im not getting those two hours back"

BABOON
please explain to me in what ways is wrong turn better than terminator 3. the only fault i can point out for t3 is that its very similar to the first 2. besides that it has incredible action scenes...easily the best of any summer movie this year not to mention some of the best ever. its also very funny and theres never a point when you are just sitting there wishing the movie was over.wrong turn on the other hand is extremely unoriginal,predictable and nothing about it is even remotely scary(not a good quality for a horror movie).oh wait i just thought of one good thing to say about wrong turn...
eliza deukshew(i have no clue how to spell her name)

BLAH!!! sick

drumsgirl13
some of you people should really see this movie! it's not like those really cliche horror films where oh no their car broke down in the woods, they're looking for a phone and some physco killer feels intimidated by them so he comes and kills them for no appearant reason, it's like one of those real-life stories. it's actually about these three guys that are born deformed, when they were young nobody wanted to take care of them so they grew up in the woods and became crazy and sh!t, and this is where the story begins. this could really happen! where i used to live, i lived in suburbs and we had a very small woods area, and some homeless man lived there and he was a bit crazy.very suspenseful! anybody seen this movie as well?

Kes
Horror movie in horror forum...
moving--moved.

BackFire349
i saw it, pretty lame.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i heard it was terrible haven't seen...i'll rent it in future time...maybe

lil bitchiness
I saw it at the cinema and i thought it was pretty good. It was more disturbing than anything else...I found it frightening too...i think you should check it out...

~ lil bitchiness

h0ck3yh0rr0r
maybe i will

lil bitchiness
big grin excellent!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i love reading...r there any interesting (not boring) zombie books out there? cuz i usually read horror, adventure and science/medicine books.

lil bitchiness
erm...dunno...does have to be zombies? I know good horror books and triller ones..but zombie ones...erm..not so sure..

h0ck3yh0rr0r
no i wanna read something about zombies smile

lil bitchiness
haha...ok...sorry, dunno anything (not boring) about zombies...you could check Stephen King's Pet Semetary out....thats kinda about zombies...still bit creey and kinda good! big grin

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i read pet cemetary it was pretty good.

BackFire349
dont bother seeing wrong turn, just comgines TCM and deliverance, except it fails.

drumsgirl13
nah man, all these horror films have a plot that usually never happens in real life, and "Wrong Turn" did have a plot that could actually happen, that's why it was so good.

lil bitchiness
yeah, i agree. i think thats was what made it so creepy the fact that it could, might have alredy happen somewhere in woods, in back of beyond! confused hahaha....

BackFire349
that couldnt happen, those creatures were to powerful, they wouldnt die....stupid stupid stupid.

lil bitchiness
but they did die...well two of them did. They aint really monsters, they are people which are deformed due the fact that they are born out of insest...it could happen. and the fact that they live out any civilasation and they hunt and kill people for whatever reason made them insensitive and strong...could happen....maybe it has...Texas Chainsaw Massacre was based on a true story!

FLICKNAVY
Whens it come out on DVD?

lil bitchiness
Sould be soonish...since it was at the cinema a bit ago...id say christmas, i live in England, so i think it will be at christmas here....dunno...

must_kill_Santa
not seen it but might do

BABOON
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF is going on?? stop acting like this movie is good people..it sucks!!! suspenseful???? well i guess i was on the edge of my seat in anticipation of the ending credits. im gonna go punch a hole in the wall now... mad

lil bitchiness
haha....im sorry....i think people who hadnt seen it, sould see it and judge it for themself...turns out someone likes it...lol...
what is it that you didnt like? The story? the effects? the actors? Just curious.......

BABOON
hehe..sorry.....well yes first of all the story is so lame and predictable...not to mention unoriginal..and i dont get why everybody thinks this movie is so realistic....um...why do the stupid hillbillies have super strength? is this the result of inbreeding?next up is the characters....blimy...this movie has the most dull stupid characters since star wars episode 2...eliza dushku is extremely hot but not even she could save this movie. worst part of the movie imo...is the part where they are all running away from the hillbillies by climbing the trees..well actually they dont climb the trees..they walk through an elablorate system of branches which apparently form a path......ugghhh. im too tired to go into detail right now..i dunno...if u have low standards for your movie taste then perhaps you'll enjoy this crapfest...im just hoping cabin fever doesnt let me down...RIDER STRONG...DONT LET ME DOWN!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

lil bitchiness
haha...fair enough...and, even though i thought film was ok, i can totally see your point!
big grin
I hope cabinet feaver is good as well..i heard it should be good...it has to be good!!!!!!!! it just has to!!!!!
big grin

grymlock
the movie is quite good, the suspense and the realism is there... but it's up to the viewer to judge... well everyone have their on thought...

BABOON
dont make me come over there stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
hahahahaaaaaaaaa....thats good! i loved the ''dont make me come over there''..... beware of the snake
big grin

BackFire349
the movie WAS NOT good. it was incredibly cheesy and uninventive. if you want a good horror movie watch 28 days later

BABOON
i tried to tell them backfire...they dont listen..help me!!!

lil bitchiness
i wanna see that one actually....28 days later, but i heard it was crap so i didnt bother......

BackFire349
no, wrong turn is crap, 28 days later is infinitely better.

lil bitchiness
well...i'll give it a go.....cant wait for cabinet feaver....should be really good

BABOON
while its nothing spectacular its a decent take on the zombie genre....its a hell of alot better than wrong turn mad

BackFire349
lol, cabinet fever.

lil bitchiness
hahaha...sorry...silly me!!! i know what i ment....sorry..i feel like an idiot now! blink

lil bitchiness
BABOON...dont yell at me..im sorry sad

BackFire349
28 days later could be teh best zombie movie ive ever seen.

lil bitchiness
Not a zombie fan really...but i heard they move in that film like...super fast...

BackFire349
yeah, the most intimidating zombies ever.

lil bitchiness
oh, talking of zombies...did you like Resident Evil?

BABOON
resident evil is pretty lame also...if they just would have made it like the game it couldve been great. guess that wouldve been too easy though.

lil bitchiness
Anyway...Wrong Turn...
Im confused 'back fire'.....how can you say that Wrong Turn was a horrible movie and your fave one is Texas Chainsaw Massacre?!?! Dont the both films work on the similar ideas?

BABOON
lol...i cant wait to see his response to that one...

grymlock
me too, anyway for me resident evil it's a damn lame movie... better play the game only...

lil bitchiness
Yeah...seems like backfire has left us...
Come back.....i didnt get an answeeeeeeeeeeeer!
Oh, and i do agree with the resident evil, but what can you expect...its done based on a computer game...tomb raider wasnt all that great either....

BackFire349
no. they dont.

BackFire349
resident evil could have been great, it was originally going to be written/directed by the king of zombie films, george romero, but they didnt like his script because it was too "zombie oriented" as soon as i read this i knew that making a goo dmovie was not in the agenda of the studio

lil bitchiness
hahahahaaaaaaa....i loved the reply...very short!
Dont explain much though...
Similarities are still there which you cannot deny!
I agree abot Resident evil....ohhh i was dissapointed, i was expecting a good film! sad

BackFire349
yes, they have similarities obviously, but they are so vague and irrelevant that the connection between the two is kept to a minimum, wrong turn just ripped it off, but still managed to suck.

lil bitchiness
ok..let me see:
They are ppl in the midle of the nowhere
They are insane, they are a family
they murder ranom people they eat them, chop the body parts
torture people...
teenagers get lost, car brakes own and they go to look for help in the near by house
oh absolutely nooooooo similarities whatsoever!!!
Besies, they do work in a similar principle, like it or not...you may think its a bad ripp off...TCM, for me was just.....not that goo...never was.....
wrong turn wasnt amazing at all..im not saying that...but it isnt horrible either!

BackFire349
IT IS a bad rip off, this is factual, by showing all the things it ripped off from tcm, you proved My point, thank you. and factually, TCM is good, it has been noted by all horror directors of the past 25 years to be one of their biggest influences, because of how brilliant and ahead of its time it was.

lil bitchiness
ok, i'll give you that it was ahead of its time....
maybe it was ment to be a rip off....

BackFire349
that makes no difference.

lil bitchiness
but it still had a lot of similarities...which you denied!
it isnt important anyway.........we get the pic!

BackFire349
i didnt deny them, i said they are vague. the only thing it has in common is its demented family, everything else is copied from other movies. its presentation, its feel, its characters, they are completely different. its similarities are more in tune with the movie deliverence then TCM

lil bitchiness
Whats with the TCM ending.......it just kinda ended with the guy freaking out with the chainsaw....while survivars went away....
Wrong turn tried...some like it some dont..there is gonna be another part, and it might be success and it might not be....Wrong turn got to the cinema...someone must have done their job right!

BackFire349
alot of bad movies get to the cinema, remember gigli? that in no way means its a good movie, and the argument itself is pathetic. and the TCM ending is great, had the ending been any longer, it woulda just ruined the whole feel of the movie, plus there was nothing more to tell, the girl got away, leatherface was upset, what else is there to tell? the whole style of the movie fits the ending.

lil bitchiness
yeah...silly me! How could i even ask that!
There was nothing else...there was absolutely nothing else..just like you said...leather face kills, friends die, girl gets away....the end , its a mini adventure! oo oo it could be an ad for those minis!

pablo007
This movie kicked ass, it reminded me of old time horror movies. The sound effects were great and the mountain men were creepy. It had great gore effects as well and I hear there's a sequel in the works. I hope it's good too and you get to see more mountain men because 3 isn't enough, the DVD is coming out October 14 I think.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
it was ok.

BackFire349
Here lilbitchiness. This is the wrong turn thread you mentioned in the 'what is the tcm about?'. If you want to make any comments about wrong turn or our discussion, you should do it in here so you don't cause other threads to go off topic.

Also, a quick review of what was said in this thread may be a good idea since you obviously don't remember.

lil bitchiness
This is what i said...and this is what you said:

''no. they dont''

confused but then....you go off on one.....huh

BackFire349
read the other posts, i explain it very clearly why I don't think there are that many similarities.

lil bitchiness
yes i have....you said there isnt...but later one you say its a rip off! eh? Make up your mind.....it cant be a rip off and have no similarities...how does that work???!?!?!

devil and the thread lives!

BackFire349
Sigh

I was exageratting with the first reply by saying simply "no, they dont", i meant they their similarities are very vage and generic. of course it has similarities, but you said it as if it were exactly the same as TCM, which simply is false. Like because i love TCM i have to like a movie that steals vague plot sorces from it and executes them badly.

The only main similarity is the whole car breaking down in the middle of nowhere, and by using that as your basis for comparison, it could be compared to any number of horror movies, since that happens in about 50 percent of them.

I hope I cleared up the mis-understanding.

lil bitchiness
yeah...no point going on about it...
but....im bitter cos of my memorry or something, i dont read posts properly...laughing out loud
you just said i said that i said that they are exactly the same..when did that happen...
Take your own advice BackFire and read the post, i said they work on similar principles...not that they are exactly the same...
Ahahaha...kinda funny innit, telling me off for something that you are doing too....

BackFire349
Yeah, like i have to like a movie because it has some vague similarities to TCM, which is just absurd.

lil bitchiness
No not at all! just saying....

BackFire349
Insinuating that because they have vague plot similarities, that i can't dislike one and love the other.

lil bitchiness
yeah...i hope we understand each other...i didnt mean to start an argument back on the other thread..it was just a bit of tease...nothing serious...thats why i said ''im sorry i couldnt help it'' looked like a good place to put that reply!

BackFire349
teasing about TCM i don't take stick out tongue

slayer
yeah mad

silver_tears
i actually saw ten minutes of this and walked out to see tomb raider stick out tongue

BackFire349
oh man, Tomb Raider is far far worse.

lil bitchiness
But Angelina is nice....angel

Oh, i asked one of my mates what he thought about Wrong Turn, and he laughed and asked what type of movie was that ment to be, cos it sure wasnt a horror! They laughed all the way throught the movie....how rude! lol

DeNiro
moive freaked me out some really hott chicks in it. just really a differnt plot and crazy lookin killers and very belvieable thats what is scary about it i mean people may live in this world that do this i mean very unlily but still we never know good movie stand winston produced it so it was very good indeed

lil bitchiness
LOL...here we go again BackFire! stick out tongue
Naaah..just messin...threre was a thread about this and there were some divided opinions about it! I didnt think it was amazing, but i myself liked it! big grin

I think possiblly the best parts where in the house...when they showed how he choped that girl up in bits!! He sawed ther arm off with blunt saw! yak! And the noise they were making when they were cutting her up! no expression Also all the boddies and pieces of bodies all over the house.....

BackFire349
It was forgetful to say the least. Not really good or bad, nothing memorable or new. Basically the same old horror cliches.

DeNiro
i liked the house seen also but i liked it it was a movie u could watch twice and then forget about

slayer
I thought it was wxcelent i'm buying it on Monday along with Malibus most wanted, may, Identity, 2 fast 2 furious, Darkness Falls, 28 days later and The Italian Job.

lil bitchiness
I havent seen DArkness Falls....I was ment to ages ago...i cant remember what i saw instead blink

The only thing about Wrong Turn is...they could have just ended it with the guy and Eliza Dushku driving off, instead of doing another scene with the cop and the surviving ''member of the family''!

grymlock
i suggest you buy everything on the list and leave darkness fall... that movie is nothing worth to see... you won't regretted.. well that's my opinion.. big grin

cheers mate!!

DeNiro
wait i thought that the ending was them just going to that gas station and then the guy walks out of the truck that the deformed people owned and then he grabbs the map off the wall and then they drive away i didnt see ne thing with a cop surving

lil bitchiness
What?! No, thats not the end of the film i saw....
what happened after the guy took the map off the wall, then him and Eliza drove away...and then there is a scene of a cop coming accross that house, which burned down as you know...he sees one of the family members decapitated, he kneels down to have a better look, then one of them, who has apperanly survived, the one with the axe, jums up at the cop with an axe.....and it ends there!

SaTsuJiN
I think backfire should make a horror movie. So it wont have cliches :P
I'd like to see BF's rendition of what a purely excellent horror movie is (made by him of course)

as for Wrong Turn : I think it was great, but the sound helped it ALOT (everytime they got stabbed or shot it was like.. CRUNCH! BANG! SCREECH! or some other loud sound). It wasnt that you knew they were gonna die that was like O_O, because I was too busy wondering what they'd do to them if they caught them. I really liked this one, but it wasnt 100% perfect. Example : the stupid pseudo romance the 2 main characters had going (duuuhh!!)

lil bitchiness
yeah...thats what i said...you didnt know who is gonna die! As for the blood and crunching...ARGH! That was horrible! especially when he sawed that gir's arm...oh man that was nasty!

Cowboyography
I just wathed this, and have to say EH, thats about it, EH. it was mediocre at best.

miggfl
Wrong turn was in fact just eh. It would have been decent if it weren't such a copy off of other movies. Also, the interesting intro to the big hulky men, where it showed news clippings, and reports of mutants, was the ONLY back story we got on them.

I either want ALL backstory, or NO backstory, don't tease =/

Striel
I rented this movie last night and I am glad I didn't waste the money to see it in the theater. It was so overly typical. Predictable at every turn. The hillbillies were poorly done, and the main characters were annoyingly average.

lil bitchiness
They were inbreeds...born as a result of insest...it says at the begining... im so confused...DeNiro didnt see the last part of the movie, and you dont know where the hillbillys came from..blinkhave i been watching a different movie to everyone else blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.