Devil May Cry//metal Gear Solid Movies!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gotta get rich
It's official!

Two of da best computer games ever are being turned into movies! Soon Solid Snake and Dante will be bursting onto our screens with movies of Metal Gear Solid and Devil May Cry!!! Happy Dance

I know dat computer games usually make terrible films, but im sure that two games with such amazing storylines cant go the same way as Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter and Super Mario movies, as all those games had cheesy 80's style plot lines.

Roll on MGS//DMC movies!!!!!!!!

What other games would make good films? Splinter Cell? GTA? Max Payne? Any 1 got any ideas?

buffymitch
I never played DMC but i did play MGS. Yes the games was absolutely great but i don't think it should be a movie. It will just be another SPy movie

BABOON
hey...the first mortal kombat was pretty good...although it was a big ripoff of enter the dragon, it was cool.now mortal kombat annihalation was horrible. you ever seen the double dragon movie?now that was awful.

SaTsuJiN
lmao.. "call me... pliskin..."

Me : Snake..pliskin......omg

I think Devil May Crap belongs in the trash can now that chaos legion is on the scene.

Metal Gear Solid has great underlying story fundamentals like war, love, brutality, terrorism, empathy. Very good game. I'd love to see it hit the theatres with the right amount of talent.

Kes
Well I'm not big on videogames but I played Devil May Cry for a bit and loved it.The 1st thought that came to my mind was:"This could be a great movie." Of course it can also suck. Lets hope for the best.

BackFire349
they need to stop with the movies to video game translation. it has yet to be successful, resident evil sucked, as did all the others that have been made, time to start paying writers to come up with original ideas.

SaTsuJiN
Well I dont think its because they cant think of anything. Lord knows any human being has lots of creative potential. Its the fans demand to see thier favorite world/characters come to life on the big screen and possibly see a continuation of thier usual antics or perhaps even a new take on things. Tomb raider : cradle of life was a pretty fun movie to watch, but then again it depends on who secures the movie license and if they care enough to do it justice. I would much rather see a chaos legion movie though ooo thatd be cool. I'm DEFINATELY gonna see the metal gear solid movie.. thats too hot to miss. I hope they use some of the game music for the movie score

buffymitch
I agree with satsujin. I will also go to see the MGS movie but i don't feel so stronlgy about this one. It's just another Spy movie. I do have to say that it can be a good movie just like you say with the right amount of talent. Just Like KES: Let's hope for the best

BackFire349
nah, i think its because they dont have any decent creative ideas anymore, plus its an easy way to make money, because the silly fans of the game will go out and see the movie no matter how bad it is.

Fire
they could make MGS into a good movie, if they take time to deepen the plot and make a good cast

I'd like to see midnight club made into a movie, oh wait they already tried that and it was called Fast and the Furious which sucked!

but on a real note: i'd like to see unreal tournament made into a movie. That would just be awesome kick ass action. Which kick ass weapons.

VanDean
If they get Hugh Jackman for the part of Snake, then it will kick ass.
When I saw Jackman in X-Men as Wolverine, I could see Snake, and I know he would play a good Soild Snake.

Fire
hehe maybe vandean maybe

BABOON
hugh jackman as snake?...why dont they go and get kurt russel...seeing as how the character is a complete copy of snake plissken anyways...name, attitude, voice, hair..you name it.

SaTsuJiN
I thought Solid Snake was like mid or late 30's.... isnt Kurt Russel like 50 something?

BABOON
kurt russell cetainly doesnt look old...and he is snake plissken...who solid snake copies in every way..so hes the only person who could play him perfectly.

SaTsuJiN
well he certainly doesnt have the body structure/physical fitness to play someone who's involved in tactical espionage, regardless of the pliskin incident. Not to mention escape from LA sux0red

I think Hugh Jackman, or unless someone goes scouting and finds a better match

J_To_The_P
I dunno, I'm a bit unsure at the idea of DMC, and MGS on the screen, as long as they base them off DMC, and MGS, NOT DMC2, and MGS2, and as is I'm STILL unsure of the Metroid movie, and even Zelda movie.

BABOON
LOL...escape from L.A. sucking has nothing to do with this...snake plissken is still a bad ass. i dunno in russell's latest movie dark blue he looked pretty fit to me...and even if he wasnt im sure hed be willing to get fit for the movie...i know theres like a 0 percent chance of kurt russell actually playing solid snake, so this conversation is kinda pointless. personally id rather see russell and john carpenter get back together and make a big trouble in little china sequel..or another escape movie..that doesnt suck like L.A... smokin'

SaTsuJiN
Well I think having your movie bomb has alot to do with if you are chosen for future roles.

There is obviously a corrolation between the solid snake and snake pliskin thing, but Im sure that was purely for humors sake. To be honest, I'd have to see a picture of kurt russell with a mullet and a bandana to fully judge (full body shot).

h0ck3yh0rr0r
devil may cry was awesome game

BABOON
http://hometown.aol.com/baboon7dog/myhomepage/metal%20gear.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US
theres your picture of kurt russell as solid snake...lol...not a full body shot though

SaTsuJiN
whaa~ no facial stubble? you know how solid is always slightly unshaven. Draw some facial stubbles on there and see if that works lol (facing the camera could help?) O_o ooo and dont forget the stoges lol snake wuvs da stogeys

Rogue Jedi
solid snske? billy zane or russell crowe.
dante? casper van dien

BABOON
LOL...i only had so much to work with gimme a break...haha..maybe if i have time tonight ill fix it up a little. probably not worth the effort though...although im sure if i actually wanted to make it good i could start some decent rumors on other message boards....actaully that sounds like a good idea.... wink

Otacon85
What if they use unknown talent to star in these movies? then it would not be a "kurt russell" or "russell crowe" movie, but MGS and DMC movies! yes

Cinemaddiction
Bump and moved to the new forum!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.