2questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
There are 2 things I never understood:
1) Where did the Eopies go in ANH? Did they all disapear at the same time?
2) Difficult to explain in English:
On Tatooine: "This R2-unit has a bad motivator, look!" Why does he say that? It is clearly an R5 unit (R5-D4), you can see it at the 'head' of the unit.
I asked that a while ago to the JediCouncil @starwars.com but they didn't answered. confused confused

Ushgarak
Don't know about the first, but as for the second, the R2 could well have been the most common model and therefore became what people called any robot of that type by default; rather like calling vacuum cleaners 'Hoovers' even if they are not made by Hoover.

Either that or Luke is plain stupid. I could go for that...

By the way, yerssot, why not post a welcome in the Welcome area? Always happy to hear about new members. Don't be shy!

Jameous Woodshire
"Either that or Luke is plain stupid. I could go for that"

LMAO! laughing out loud

That's sort of my theory too.

As for the Eopies I figure that we just didnt see them in that area. Maybe they are in the SE ANH but I dont know, I havent checked that tape lately. (I'm a bit like Queeg in that respect) Greedo shoots first! Cripes! roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! mad

finti
Whats eopies embarrasment

yerssot
Sorry about the welcome-thing, I'm new so I don't know my way around.
Finti: eopies are those white beast with a snuit that are just there for transport (remember when Qui-Gonn brought the hyperdrive+at the podrace when Jarjar was working at Annies podrace?)
That about being in the wrong area, is to say it with a word: gibberisch! They are used for transport, there are no wild ones, so that about the wrong area is not supported by any facts

yerssot
And again, I was wrong! So sorry, but the Eopies ARE wild creatures and some of them are used by humans. But then I will change my question in: what happend to the Eopies that are used by men? Eopies are everywhere in EPI: podrace,background and bringing the hyperdrive, what happend to them?

Darth Pants
Yeah, whilst it looked like Tatooine was familiar, there were loads of differences.
Thinking about it, Mos Eisely and Espa could be on other sides of the planet, making feasable the idea that there were different creatures in ANH and TPM, but I doubt they are that far apart (Beggar's Canyon is common to both films). It's most likely they were replaced with speeders as thay became cheaper and affordable to the people on Tatooine.

ratcat
And thuse the pitfalls of prequels spaly Lucas square on the jaw!

yerssot
How do you mean cheaper?
You just catch a Eopie and it finds food by himself: they are still wild.
You don't need to buy an engine or ions etc.

Gundark
Perhaps they were more economical in their time, but lets face it; speeders get you around the surface a lot quicker. I guess George decided he wanted a new critter there and didn't worry about this bit of continuity. He's got bigger fish to fry.

As for Luke and the R5 unit....lets face it, at the time, George probably didn't even worry about, as I'm sure he never gave a thought that 24 years later, there would be these obsessed fans discussing these kinds of questions. He didn't want to confuse the audience with "R2" and "R5".

yerssot
Yeah, something like:
eopies = old age
speeders = modern age

darth fester
i think a nice rainbow colourd cape would be nice

R.C
For what?

yerssot
to hang over those eopies to bring some color? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.