Early Episode III plot spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Ok, we are now entering the time when decent info should start to trickle and then flood in. Some will be true, some will be false; I thought we could use a thread (labelled a spoiler so you do not need to spoiler stuff inside it) to discuss some of these early ideas as they appear.

So. What do some make of the idea that the film starts out with Palpatine a captive of the Seperatisits?

Dexx
well..the separatists are ofcourse not in palpatine's game for ultimate power, and such an action would be beneficial for them, against the republic....but i think dooku could smoothly avoid it with his influence, for i don't see any purpose in this happening

Ushgarak
It could be a ploy by Palpatine.

Dexx
if it's true..than that is msot likely. he wouldn't risk his operation by such an unexpected factor. though i now don't see any purpose for it...
perhaps maybe, to weaken the republic..

LanceWindu
I believe that if it's true, this will be a trick by Palpatine to throw the Republic off guard.

Rogue Jedi
i agree with lance...palpantine no doubt has his agenda, which calls for double and possibly triple crosses. he will do whatever it takes to attain ultimate power.

LanceWindu
What do you guys think of the rumor of Count Dooku dying within the first 10-20 minutes of the movie?

finti
If it is so it is a ploy by Palpatine to gain support around himself, this way declearing himself emperor would go smoother

Ushgarak
That Dooku thing, whilst echoing of Saruman as well, does sound credible.

There is a lot of this stuff out therer now coming in from Hyperspace webchats (with people observing the filming), much of which is VERY spoilerish, so watch it...

(taken from Tfn):

"The Death Star plans are not really important in Ep3. The focus of Ep3 is on more important story points."

"The Dagobah cave was explained in Ep5, does not need further explanation, and focus energies on other things." (yayyy!)

"The "no disintegrations" line will not be explained in Ep3" (double yayyy!)

"The "force ghost" theory will be explained" (it had better be)

There will be no doubt left in the film that Anakin is Vader, for those who thought that would be kept 'obscure' for those watching the films in chronological order.

"Anakin knows Padme is pregnant and expecting." (BIG reveal, that...)

There, that should provide some discussion for a while...

Just ro re-iterate, this stuff is fact, not rumour, from the official sw.com Hyperspace service; the words are Pablo Hidalgo's, who is watching the filming (but he is being vetted by Lucasfilm to not give too much away)

Klear Eyez
What is the force ghost?

Neo_Version 7
Obi-Wan in the ROTJ and Yoda coming back as ghosts. coz Qui-Gon never shows himself as a ghost in neither Ep. I or II

Ushgarak
Qui-Gon will be the link, it was set-up when we heard his voice in AOTC.

Neo_Version 7
Yes. Didnt he say something like:

"ANAKIN, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Ushgarak
Just the 'Anakin'. The source of the 'noooooooooo!' is unclear.

imhotep
I saw today on TFN someone say something like:

The new bad guy is great and gets a lot of screen time.

I wonder if he means old Vader (sorry couldn't help myself) ?

Or maybe someone else...but who?

finti
kind of weird that Vader and the Emperor didnt turn the universe upside down looking for Anakins offspring.............unless Anakin belives Padme dies before giving birth

darkshadow
i aggree with you there finti if yoda and obi wan made it look like she died anakin would believe and not go looking for them

Dexx
that's just an assumption there, darkshadow

darkshadow
dexx i know it was assumption.

Ushgarak
Yes, it means it is very likely that Anakin thinks Padme died without giving birth.

yerssot
traditionally, the OB1-Anakin fight will be in the last reel no? or second to last, what's it again?

grmbl, does anyone know which reel the clone wars started on?

Lyn
I know they had a special name for it, just can't remember sorry.

Ushgarak
Apparently Pablo also said that the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight was fought with a 'red glow' being added... with obvious volcano/lava overtones.

Rogue Jedi
so its certain they will fight on a volcano planet?

Lucas Sucks!
hyper space said that anakin looses an ear.

Rogue Jedi
an ear?...ok...

finti
either it is an echo in this forum or we just had an experience of dejavu

Rogue Jedi
deja vu? i hate that....

Ushgarak
No, but increasingly likely. In theory, it could be a smelting pit still, and and so on- much of the Geonosis droid factory scene was red-lit, for example.

Volundro Ramm
Apparently there is a new "bad guy" in EPIII. Not a jedi, or Sith. But will be very deadly and use 2 lightsabers??? And will also have quiet a bit of screen time. We're told to look out for this characters first appearance in The Clone Wars cartoon.

On the fight between Anakin and kenobi.... I feel that it will take place over a variety of backgrounds, not just a lavapit/volcano type thing. Im looking forward very much to seeing this, as i'm suppost to believe this is to show the jedi at there highest of abilities.

Ive also been very pleased with the spoilers ive heard from hyperspace.. The fact that it sounds dark as hell really pleases me. Ive heard that Anakin will not only be loosing an ear and hair but a part of his head(sweeet), and half a leg.

yerssot
that should be Asajj Ventress, no? she made her appearance in the comics of republic (then she is the EU-one which has been rumored by pablo), and she will be in the Cartoons too last time I heard, no?
She does use two lightsabres and is also rather skinny as reports claim.

hmm, if I remember it, I'll try and scan her in if you guys want

and Ramm, four different sets wink

LanceWindu
No yerss, it can't be Asajj.

The new baddie isn't a Jedi or a Sith at all, and I believe Asajj is a Dark Jedi.

Also in the TFN Spy Report they kept mentioning the new bad guy as a a he.

My guess is it's the new bounty hunter Durge.

yerssot
see, she's a dark jedi, not a jedi or a sith stick out tongue

well, and with the new bad guy they can just mean Vader you know

still, the EU character needs to be found, but I don't know what it was again, but someone said it could be Durge...

LanceWindu
The new bad guy isn't Vader, Rick McCallum said that there is one more other than Vader.

yerssot
yeah, Dooku stick out tongue

I really wouldn't trust McCallum that much lance

LanceWindu
NEW Bad Guys yerss.

And McCallum is the most reliable source right now.

yerssot
er... was Vader in AOTC then?

if it's vader, he's still right ... from a certain point of view...

LanceWindu
No, you said earlier Dooku.

And I'm telling you it is not Vader.

yerssot
well, dooku is the bad guy, he dies (obviously), and the new bad guy in the movie at that point will be Vader; works for me

LanceWindu
But Vader is a Jedi traitor and a Sith!!!

He can't be the new bad guy.

And I'm still pulling for Durge to be the new baddie.

Maybe we should bet on who is right.

If I'm right you give me $20, if you're right with Asajj Ventress I do nothing.

yerssot
technically, he's not a jedi, he's still a padawan learner ("oh, Anni isn't a master jedi yet, he's still a padawan learner" -Padme, AOTC)
and he's also no sith...

I'll give you nothing if you're right, and if you're wrong, you visit every single member of KMC

LanceWindu
Deal.

But Anakin is a Jedi he's just not a Master Jedi.

yerssot
he still hasn't passed the test yet, he isn't a knight yet

LanceWindu
It never said anything about being a Knight or not.

Just Jedi traitor or Sith.

yerssot
well, he isn't a jedi yet, so he can't be a traitor

LanceWindu
but I'm telling you it's not Vader.

yerssot
tell ahead, we'll see when more reports arrive wink

LanceWindu
The bet is on!

Ushgarak
Is there actually any good lead that any new bad guy in the film is actually a force adept/sabre wielder of any kind? Or has that just been assumed?

finti
FROM TFN

-Lets clarify a little about the "new bad guy" that is talked about in almost every chat. He is not a sith or a jedi traitor. He does wield at LEAST 2 lightsabers at the same time in combat. He has never been seen before (but keep your eyes peeled to the Cartoon Network). He is going to be cool as all heck, BUT he won't steal any thunder from when you see mechanical Darth Vader for the first time.
-Sounds like they recently filmed Obi-Wan taking on the new bad guys' henchmen. Don't be surprised if you hear about Obi-Wan filming his scene aboard a digital creature soon.

-There is currently no Boba Fett in the film at all.
The Episode 3 Set Diary updates today with news of some of the bad guys we'll see in Episode 3. In summary (highlight to read).
They wear cloaks.
Their weapons are effective against the Jedi.

LanceWindu
This is why I say it's Durge.

HE, NOT DARTH VADER

yerssot
no yelling lance stick out tongue

LanceWindu
I wasn't yelling.

I was accentuating what I was saying.

Ushgarak
Very interesting- but isn't it excessive to have a new bad guy at this point?

LanceWindu
I thought so too.

Hopefully it will all play out ok.

yerssot
bad guy being Vader and all stick out tongue

Lyn
I liked that part, kinda felt sorry for Ani but the way she sort of scolded him... laughing
I'd like to see how this bet works out... stick out tongue
Visit??

yerssot
well, he should be mad at her then not at OB1 wink

imhotep

yerssot
will be digital made last I heard

oh, and not a padawan from dooku's evil time: always two there are, a master and an apprentice

imhotep
Dooku may serve Sidious, but he is no apprentice I assure you.
A reason Sidious must have, for wanting Dooku dead and Anakin in his place.

yerssot
"I have good news for you m'lord"
dooku is his apprentice, it's always like that

imhotep
m'lord goes a long way from

"I have good news for you MASTER"

You are only proving my point, not refuting it.
By all means, disagree, you are right you know? You just need to prove it. That is how you keep a discusion going, being devil's advocate!

yerssot
want prove?

"My master will not tolerate this!"
Dooku to Poggle the Lesser

LanceWindu
Yup, always two there are, a master and an apprentice.

Ushgarak
Yup, Dooku is the Apprentice, imhotep. It's just a title, not a reflection of his power or ability, a title that shows he is the learner, not the leader.

LanceWindu
He still has much to learn of the Sith powers also, as demonstrated when Yoda was able to absorb the lightening and force it back to Dooku.

Rogue Jedi
yes indeedy.

Lyn
I loved the scene with Yoda fighting, he was SO good.

And yes Yerssot, perhaps he should be angry at Padme...but then again she kissed him afterwards so...I don't think OB1 could've made up like that!! wink stick out tongue

yerssot
oh, between EpII and III she definitly made up to him wink

Lyn
laughing
Ohhhhh yeah... wink stick out tongue

imhotep
POINT TAKEN. I knew you had it in you.

smilesmile

finti
thank you

Ushgarak
Obi-Wan could stop it as well- I really just don;t think it is that difficult. So long as you are not an idiot like Luke...

LanceWindu
Obi-Wan only stopped it with his lightsaber.

Lyn
Are they going to explain the whole "force lightning" thing in Ep3??

LanceWindu
What's to explain?

Force lightning (better known as Sith Lightning) is just a very advanced force move, you just have to be powerful enough to do it.

The reason you only see Sith do it is because they took the easy way of the force (the dark-side) and it gives them easier access to power.

A Jedi must train for a very long time or have high midichlorians to be able to do something like that.

Ushgarak
That seems quite speculative, Lance. And I don't think we should be distracted by the Lightsabre, Obi-Wan could stop it which is demonstrative of the fact that it is NOT hard to stop- you don't have to be Yoda.

We don't really know much about it other than we have only seen bad guys use it, but that could mean anything.

It really doesn't seem that useful to me...

LanceWindu
But what I said makes a lot of sense to me.

finti
The force lightning are a agressive move, Jedis were defensive in their ways guess thats why they dont use it. After Dooku used it on Anakin the surprise was gone and Obi had no problem blocking it. Even if it was sucker move again t Yoda he didnt have any problems with it. So if you are aware of it it doesnt look affective at all.

Rogue Jedi
still....i bet it hurts.

LanceWindu
Most definately.

finti
well I guess Anakin shows that it do hurt

Ushgarak
So, to update this with a few salient facts from the same source:

- The person who ordered the Clones was in AOTC (which finally shuts down those silly Qui-Gon ideas!)

- Geonosis is not in the film (nor is Dantooine, for those who thought the prequel films simply HAD to have everything!)

- No Han

- Scenes with the Twins have definitely been shot.

LanceWindu
I've already heard of those.

Plus I have more facts of Episode 3 on my site.

Lyn
Thanx for all the help people thumb up

LanceWindu
Not a problem Lyn.

Lyn
happy

Darth Hater
great site lance thumb up

LanceWindu
Thank you, keep checking it everyday.

I'm constantly updating.

Darth Hater
will do

and i have to give u props lance

u have to be the hardest working moderator ever.you're always very helpful and it's amazing how you're always on.and i thought i didnt sleep smile thumb up

Lyn
I liked your site too Lance thumb up

Ushgarak
So what if you already heard them? A lot of people here might not have done, I was keeping this place updated so we could discuss them here.

And try not to turn this thread into an advert for your site, Lance, thanks.

queeq
Oooooh.... spam alert. big grin

yerssot
btw, lance, sites everywhere are getting notices to get them offline or get sued...

LanceWindu
Don't worry I won't, that was all I wanted to say.

Also I'll start bringing some of my information here as well for discussion.

Ahh, be quiet.

j/k

Yes I know, but until I'm contacted I'll keep them up.

Since I don't get much traffic anyways it shouldn't be a problem.

LanceWindu
I wouldn't say I'm the hardest working mod.

Ush and finti have harder jobs than I do.

Darth Hater
props to them too

i was just sayin because i see you on more

LanceWindu
That's only because I have no real life. laughing out loud

Darth Hater
geek laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Elite13
What I have heard about the new bad guy is pretty much the same stuff you guys are saying but also that he is the one that was responsible for the Jedi archives missing information. Also that he is a completely new character that is not really fighting with the separatist, but knows of their actions.

Just what I have heard.

Rogue Jedi
yeah, i saw a sketch of him in the last sw insider.......man, he looks like a bad mutha.

Lyn
Why would they bring in another baddie if the film's on Vader?? Isn't he bad enough?

finti
Guess even Vader needs some help to destroying the Jedis, who knows maby the new baddie plays an important role in Anakins turn to the dark side

finti
What if Tarkin is the new baddie, or at the leader of the rumored cloaked group of baddies

LanceWindu
I highly doubt that.

I think he will be part of the Republic army, but then joins teh Empire once it's founded.

Or he's part of the Seperatists.

yerssot
well, the seperatists, when they are defeated, will they form the rebellion against the empire then?

LanceWindu
I believe the Seperatists will be the first to join the new Empire.

finti
I think the separatist will be severely beaten and is no threat against Palpatines further plan for the Republic, guess that was his plan with the Clone War, get the strongest fraction to fuight each other. Make them war thorn and vulnerable and in no strength to resist Palpatines declaration as emperor and creation of the empire

LanceWindu
i'm just wondering how Palpy is going to explain his whole no aliens and hardly any women thing in the Empire.

Lyn
I wonder how he's going to just throw out the Republic, create and Empire and declare himself Emperor, like will he just turn around and say it or will the fighting get so bad that he'll do it and make it look like a god-send...??

Hypernova
He get's rid of the Senate stick out tongue Anakin in Ep II already has ideas about "making them" do things. Palpatine has been planning things a very long time, don't forget!

Lyn
Yeah I know...I just hope GL does everything well, you know. I don't wanna be disappointed

Hypernova
And don't forget the clone army are on his side... There are so many of them!! whistle
They may have said it in Ep IV-VI, but I never realised until I saw Ep I and II those guys in white who follow Vader around were clones!

I'm sure I won't be... the hard core fans might be... but I know I won't stick out tongue

And yes NP, HC & EM will all be there... though I am hoping Anakin get's over his childish/immature/annoying Ep II antics stick out tongue

Lyn
Yeah same with me Hypernova, I never realised they were clones... embarrasment

I'm gonna love this movie!! I'm getting excited now and there's still like a year and a half or whatever left sad

Ani will most definitley be over that stick out tongue, he'll be evil though...
Oh well at least he'll still be cute!! love

Do you reckon he'll turn to Palpy, confide in him??

LanceWindu
The Stormtroopers in the OT are not necesarilly clones, most by this time would be people who joined the Empire as an anonymous soldier.

finti
The way I see this is:
that is why he "created" the clone war, he kind of "crippled" the strongest and most resourceful parts in the galaxy. Also note that a lot of the separatists was alien systems, with them out of the way and a weak? and fatigued jedi order the republic will look for a means of protection . Palpatine can grant them that. Protection from further threats in the eye of the senate, control of the republic in the eye of Palpatine. I think many systems will welcome Palpatines plans though since the clone war probably left a lot of system thorn by the CW. So the empire starts. Those in opposition to the plans is the beginning of the rebel alliance

Altar[1stONE]

finti
hmm werent they finished with all the filming, I thought they moved back to Skywalkers ranch to do add the "magic" stuff to the film

LanceWindu
Must be an old spoiler.

Ushgarak
I understand there is some insider disagreement over whether Yoda fights again...

yerssot
they are, last time I checked messed

finti
which makes it fun to read

Lyn
The way I see this is:
that is why he "created" the clone war, he kind of "crippled" the strongest and most resourceful parts in the galaxy. Also note that a lot of the separatists was alien systems, with them out of the way and a weak? and fatigued jedi order the republic will look for a means of protection . Palpatine can grant them that. Protection from further threats in the eye of the senate, control of the republic in the eye of Palpatine. I think many systems will welcome Palpatines plans though since the clone war probably left a lot of system thorn by the CW. So the empire starts. Those in opposition to the plans is the beginning of the rebel alliance

I can understand that I guess...that he minipulated everything. Like he SO used Padme when she was Queen. He knew she would do whatever it took to save her people so he used her to make himself Chancellor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.