Gwar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
okay some of you may have heard of these guys,they are funnest band on earth,it's like watching a live horror show! am I the only one who thinks they are the best live band ever?

Killer
can't see pic

BackFire349
they're cool, obvious inspiration to more modern shock metal bands like slipknot.

badkittykitty
okay see if you can see this fine pick of the boyz

Baylin
I loved em when they first came over the UK many years ago, they were so totally different to anything else around at the time! Not seen anything of them recently though.

Bagtatta
GWAR's OK, not my favorite though.

diegocala
I have seen them a bunch of times...they are a good show...
Best live band? No
Good for a fun show? Yes

Killer
they look like toys

diegocala
Not live they don't!

Killer
well i hope not... that would be creepy

badkittykitty
Ive seen them like 15 times I guess your right maybe not the best just the funnest,you will allways get a laugh.
they use to come here every fathers days( to funny) but havent in like 3 years i miss them.

BackFire349
from what ive seen they put on a great theatrical type show, much like rob zombie.

Sheepz
I haven't much of their music or seen much of their stuff but I know many Gwar fans. They were in Empire Records so their okay by me laughing

SlipknoT
what ever happend to them

Fearnix
Gwar are ****ing kool they were like my role model band

loserib
you ever hear of ex cops

SlipknoT
no

amity75
Gwar were a riot. Didn't they have a member called "Slymenstra Hymen"? Coz that's easily the best rock name ever.

Scythe
Blood, Bath and Beyond comes out June 20th, New CD comes out early Aug. Currently touring in the Sounds of the Underground. Anyone seen GWAR before? Their use of gore and mutilation is quite good.

BlackSunshine
I've never seen them live before but I have seen them a few times in magazines and on TV. I'd love to see them live. I hear they put on a pretty damn good show.

Scythe
Slave-pit videos are up. My fave, Gor Gor, gotta love Gor Gor. See the clips at GWAR.NET, pretty good.

SelphieT
Yay Gwar! Hate to say that I haven't been to any of their shows. My brother and father have though.

Solo
Gwar is the worst.

Pandemoniac
You don't seem to appreciate anything, now do you?

Gwar isn't something I would listen to on a daily basis, but I do like the band's over the top style, and they do rock. From what I've seen on MTV, when it still payed attention to bands like this, their shows must be amazing!

Solo
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
You don't seem to appreciate anything, now do you?
What's to appreciate?

Pandemoniac
That is a matter of opinion and taste. To each their own. Why not respect that instead of invading every topic concerning something that just isn't your cup o' tea with negative comments? You must have better things to do with your time.

Solo
That is a matter of opinion and taste.
You're right, it is a matter of opinion. All I did was state mine.
You must have better things to do with your time.
As surprising as it may seem, I don't.

The Core
Should have the courtesy of backing up you opinion, especially if the rest of the thread is pretty much a "pro" crowd.

Excellent showmen, usually good metal, and a lot of fun.

Solo
Just can't stand any of their work, namely "Beyond Hell". I'm not much for metal, anyway.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Solo
Just can't stand any of their work, namely "Beyond Hell". I'm not much for metal, anyway.

Don't take it too seriously. They're mainly doing it just for fun wink

In Fate's Hands
i only like their nitro burning funny bong osng...

SelphieT
Oh I LOVE Saddam a Go-Go, I had that stuck in my head all day!

And F*cking an Animal is one of my fav's too!

amity75
Gwar were fantastic. "Slymenstra Hymen" was my favourite member.

manorastroman
GWAR's brilliant. there music sucks pretty bad, but the live show is top notch.

how many people are aware that GWAR is comprised of art-school dropouts and the entire thing is a bizarre social experiment?

Impediment
Gwar is one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Every time they come through Houston, I make it a priority to go see them. So far, I've been to 3 shows.

SelphieT
Originally posted by amity75
Gwar were fantastic. "Slymenstra Hymen" was my favourite member. Oderous or Balsac for me. Slymestra was really f*ckin cool though.

Lyna303
Didn't Bevis and Butthead make fun of one of their music videos?

Scythe
In recent GWAR news, they're currently touring Europe trying to win over all of Lordi's fans.

SelphieT
I can't wait to see these guys in November! I'm going to bring an extra bra for Oderus, because he apparently has man boobs now.

They have so many awesome songs, and even though they are comical, the music isn't, excluding the lyrics. They are all awesome musicians.

I want to be the next gwar woman happy

Nellinator
They have an excellent live show.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Scythe
In recent GWAR news, they're currently touring Europe trying to win over all of Lordi's fans.

Man, Lordi is so lame. Such losers.

2D_MASTER
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Jim Reaper
Ragnarok is my fav...cool song.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
Ragnarok is my fav...cool song.

That song really is cool. "Welcome to the slaughter, what are you going to do? Are you gonna cry to your momma, when we get done with you?"

Jim Reaper
Originally posted by SelphieT
That song really is cool. "Welcome to the slaughter, what are you going to do? Are you gonna cry to your momma, when we get done with you?"

Yeah, the lyrics are comical.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
Yeah, the lyrics are comical.

Yeah, and it's just a groovy song. It's impossible for me to choose a favorite song by them, but if I really had to, I'd probably lean close towards, "Think You Outta Know This". That song is too cool.

Patient_Leech
I plan to watch this documentary. Rockumentary?

I've been enjoying some Gwar lately...

I'm greatly regretting never seeing them live back in the day..

Z7Z4pB9m8F0

jaden_2.0
Watching them play Carry on My Wayward Son on the AV Club is still one of the greatest things in music history.

Patient_Leech
This I assume...

HJzecKumufM

Could they have found a smaller room for them to perform in? lol

This one is good, too...

bMkA76KpWO8

jaden_2.0
😄😄 Yeah. They were awesome covers.

Patient_Leech
Their School's Out cover is awesome.

These are gold and there's a bunch of 'em... I didn't realize Focks News actually has some good programming... wild!

5NQ_bE4xujs&t=1s

The look on this girl's face is priceless... laughing out loud

8FfdFV5v2Nk

Patient_Leech
So I'm trying to gradually catch up on GWAR lore, and well, I came upon this. A TED talk... who-da thunk?

RbQdUJILSPI

Patient_Leech
For all you Bohabs out there desperately in need of a good disemboweling, this is from the live concert they streamed last year. It's glorious...

odffC7zrT-g

And apparently they did do a studio version of "Carry on Wayward Son" and it's kind of awesome... laughing out loud

rVZTUx-Kh0c

carthage
The band probably make solid music, but Brocks voice is way too nasal for me. I could never get into them because of that factor

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage
The band probably make solid music, but Brocks voice is way too nasal for me. I could never get into them because of that factor

They really are killer musicians.

And they now have 2 albums post-Oderus. He dead. So he ain't singing anymore. Also they did a live album of Scumdogs post-Oderus, which is excellent.

Two of my favorite songs from the post-Oderus albums...

GDcWhhC7Jaw

zmlvj7yQt_w

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.