Bail Antilles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ratcat
Darth Toad
Jedi Padawan
(4/7/01 10:41:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Bail Antilles
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Episode 1, Captain Panaka says that the nominations for Chancellor are Senator Palpatine and Senator Bail Antilles of Alderan. Sureley this should be Bail Organa; Leia's step Father ?

-Darth Toad

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/7/01 10:49:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Bail Antilles
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah... I THINK someone has mentioned this before... as far as I can remember, I beleive the name was changed from the original script (where it WAS Bail Organa, Leia's Foster Father) in order to deliberately distance the name from such an association.

Quite why they wanted to do this, I don't know.

Darth V
Jedi Padawan
(4/8/01 12:37:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Bail Antilles
Could this have something to do with threepio saing (in ANH), that his previous owner were Captain Antilles?
"Life is like a computer game a lousy plot, but great graphics"

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/8/01 1:23:01 pm)
Now, that is another mystery, what with that being Wedge's surname as well. The various links you can make here are many and varied.

Ratcat
Jedi Council Member
(4/8/01 3:22:35 pm)
Wasn't the a question on the Official Site where Steve Sandsweet said that the names Bail and Antilles were considered quite common in the Republic, hence why there were a number of Antilles in the series.

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/8/01 3:33:58 pm)
Yes, but it did little to stop speculation.

Zereil
Maybe men change their surnames in marriage in their universe...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.