Am i alone out there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

muse5
I was just wondering if i'm one of the only people who actually likes the character of eowyn. i think she's cool and destroys a wraith... and honestly, in the books she didn't even know about arwen... i just think she's cool

Corran
Eowyn is cool, she is a very good character. So the answer to your question is no.

SlayerChick1188
yeah i dont have anything against eowyn...she seems like a very caring character...

Corran
And intelligent.

muse5
does anyone have a picture of her and faramir, are they still keeping that the same?

pinksuezo
eowyns my fave lotr chicky, even if she cud b called a scrawny craker.
i like her yeah.
aussi, dont frigin give out spoilers like that!!! erase or cover up that part where u say whats goin down w eowyn and a wraith pls

chica16
well i'd pretty much say you're alone out there... haha no j/k , i don't care for her much in the movie but i think she is a good character in the book

billyboyd4ever
yea, i never loved the thing w/aragorn, and in books or movies her character never did much for me, but a few things she did made me appreciate her character a little bit

aniron
I so don't like aeowyn (aka mrs big eyes) she thinks that she can steal aragorn well I have news for her, ARWEN IS THE PRETTIEST WOMAN ON THE EARTH! and whats with the "I can fight" the day she can fight is the day that hell freezes over lol she just wants to impress Aragorn, move away aeowyn Arwen is in Aragorns heart, you aint got a chance lol

mah
Fiction, remember, Fiction!..?

Fire
do we have to go through this every time?

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
stop spoiling ppls thread goddamnit...jesus fire...shut you rmouth for once...so wut if it was mentioned so many ****en times...this forum i for ppl who like eoywen...so shut you big ass mouth for once...so shut you mouth and stop spoiling things.

Fire
if I were you I'd take a different tone

yerssot
that could be considered bashing there

remember we try our best to keep this a very happy place

Fire
yea but some of us don't seem to think so

username39120jo
lets keep this place CLEAN please and stop harrasing people! Were all friends. (i think)

and as for the ppl who think eowen can't fight, she did kill a ringwraith

i'm not bossy but -CAN'T WE GET ALONG? eowen may not look as good as arwen in the movies but she can do more in the book.

Dark_Queen
Eowyn is a great character,she's strong and beautiful.who wouldnt like hersmile

Aragorn#1
Yes i know i dissed on eowen a lot but shes cool in the books but it bugs cuz in fotr (in the movie mostly) you get so into Aragorn and Arwen being together and all that stuff and then in ttt out of no wear eowen comes and likes Aragorn to, so to some people it comes as a shock and there first reaction is to diss-like her (not all people think that just SOME, so dont get all mad at me k people)

pinksuezo
behappybenicebekinddonttalkbackdonttalkloudeveryon
eshappyhappyhappyhappy
(@_@) <(eek!)

Fire
lol

mah
Y PR3c!ou$, calm down and lay off the personal insults.

babsbabet
I don't hate her, or dislike her. But she's not on my top 10 favourite lotr characters O.o

Fire
I didn't recognize them at first in your sig

ugthebarbarian
I think Eowyn is sexy. She can fight, she's got the long blond hair... the cute white dress and attire... I like that kinda chick. =P

But she is cool. She's the only girl in lotr that ever makes a difference on the battlefield. No offense to Arwen fans, but it's true.

I don't know about you guys, but it was kinda hard to pick up that she loved Aragorn in the movie. The most she did was give him a smile... in the book she said all this stuff about wanting to be a queen... I thought it was more obvious in the book i guess.

However, she's still a cool chick and u know who is one lucky man.

undomiel
haha laughing out loud

nemo
u're not alone dude, totally dig her.

Fire
hehe, she's cool, but so is arwen

Lady Ellie
Eowyn is a REAL character. She is very smart and has a strong personnality. And she can't help it that she is in love with Aragorn.
rock Eowyn rocks!!!

Danistar
Eowyn is the strongest female character in the trilogy and the most tragical as well. I really like Eowyn because she did something worth, she proved that not only men can fight in a battle but also women.

sammilicious
i agree with the big eyes comment... those eyes just don't do her any justice.. at least arwens features are in proportion.. as for eowyn being the being the only fighter.. NOT TRUE... yeh sure she stood up to some orcs, who are just plain ugly.. but arwen stood up to 9 wringwraiths.. she basically picked a battle with death itself cool angel personally i'd rather fight orcs, than stand up to a wringwraith!!

PiratePrincess
Arwen's kool and so's Eowyn!

nemo
go read the book first before u trash her.

Orli'sElf7
I like eowyn...and honsetly she DIDNT know about Arwen until she asked aragorn about the jewel...but like you cant help the way you feel about someone. Tru that arwen stood up to nine ringwraiths but she has magical powers and crap...eowyn is a human female and she KILLED the beast the Witch King was on!!! thats pretty damn impressive!! yes yes yes

must_kill_Santa
i dont like her

Danistar
Sammilicious and orli'self7 have you read books? It's obvios that you haven't. Arwen didn't drive away the nazguls. She lived safe and sound in Rivendell in those days while hobbits and Aragorn were trying to reach the river. Arwen didn't come to save Frodo. Why should she save him if Elrond had so many great lords around him? So, one of these lords Glorfindel drove away all the nazguls and saved Frodo. Do you understand that???
Eowyn didn't know about Arwen until the houses of healing where Aragorn said that he couldn't love Eowyn because he loved another woman. She didn't want to "steal" Aragorn.

Aragorn#1
You know what bothers me, that every bodys dising on Arwen that she cant fight but shes been around so damn long i bet you she can fight better than eowyn. And she has to know how to use a bow, come on shes an elf! (and one get mad at me cuz thats just my opinion)

PiratePrincess
Awww, innit sweet of Aragorn to say that??!!

Sorry, back to the subject.......(lol!)

Orli'sElf7
Danistar, yes i have read the books it was in reference to the movie...and i was mad that they didnt put Glorfindel in the movies >: (!!! Apparently he was very handsome love

Orli'sElf7
*my comment...was in reference to the movie

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
pardon me ....but i'm the one who is helping out ppl...even if it is in a bitchy way got it fire.....and i won't chill out till fire stops telling people how many times he's heard pppl talk about the subject...and why should i take a different tone with you....your nothing special, the only way you can be special is if your a BUSH!!!!. and for hte other ppl i agree with you...i should chill a bit..but some ppl to me are just plain annoying..so wut if things have been mentioned so many times fire? you don't haf to tell things all over again. just ignore it....and your tone to those things aren't very good at all either. and next time i'll shut my mouth and you can shut yours. sorry but i had to get it out for your BUSH brain to understand.

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
and i apologize for ruining this thread...now i'm happi..cuz got my point out.....but then again i can get uspest again...if fire does the "how many times haf we had this" quote!....so fire if you wantot make me happi and other ppl happi....i think you should get tha threw your BUSH skull as well....then i'll stop breathing down your BUSH ass neck.

mah
It's fair reminding people if there's been threads about it before, nothing you should be getting a hissy fit over, Y PR3c!ou$.

Danistar
Jeez, I just wanted to explain for some people who doesn't understand the differences between movies and books. Because a book story is the real story and you can't prefer movie story to it because it's changed.
It's naturally that new people creat threads that were before. They just are too lazy to find the old ones. For example, how many threads do we have in Harry Potter forum "What's your faveorite character?" ? Maybe 3 or 4 big grin
Alright I won't reply this topic if you don't want me to do it. Actually, I'm too tired to disscus this topic.

Orli'sElf7
i totally agree!! hmm...what do you think would happen if a BOOK was based on a MOVIE though? like sometimes movies are directed before books are written confused

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
ya...so wut if i'm having a hissy fit bout something so small...mah? i knwo tis fair but you see...fire's "Tone" isn't in the right place...fire sounds if he's mad at wut ppl...are saying....so go tell him not to get a hissy fit!!

Orli'sElf7
u mean the member "Fire?" send him a message

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
wuts it to you?

Orli'sElf7
damn i was just gonna suggest you send him a message if your pissed at him i didnt mean anything...jeez

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
well i already...did with loads of shit....lolz
sorry..didn't knwo wut you meant

Orli'sElf7
its ok no big...he deserves it he wuzz kinda bein a lil...bitchy...sorry bud ("fire) bit its a bit true....

Orli'sElf7
*but...sry...lol

[\/]Y PR3c!ou$
it is tru...i knwo i can be a fat ass *****..even at my age which; i should be nice and acting to be a nice person i can get a guy. but those kind of ppl really get me mad and it shows the real me.

ilvorlandobloom
Hello! Eowyn KILLS a ringwraith!

ilvorlandobloom
EOWYN ROCKS!!!! shes one of the best characters (#1 best one of course is LEGOLAS)

wooohooo! go Eowyn!

Orli'sElf7
well i like eowyn...i guess to everyone its a matter of preference but as i c it shedid nuthin wrong! not tryin to make ne1 mad but i mean cmon u cant help tha way u feel about someone!yes

Orli'sElf7
AMEN!! i love legolas!!! lol love love love

Fire
I'm not even going to respond to those insults.

You ain't worth the time nor the effort

Orli'sElf7
sorry mate i wasnt trying to be mean or anything its just that would u like some of the things u said to precious to be said to you? yes it is tru that she got carried away too but still : /

Fire
orli I wasn't talking about you

I know I can be rude from time to time, but I don't feel I deserved tgat treatment by M....

Orli'sElf7
oh ok well sorry anyway sad...ohh u kno tha other person? well..yall need to talk it out...and thats advice not being bitchy. sorry for the mix up tho stick out tongue!!!

Fire
NP orly

you don't have to be sorry for anything smile
I never said you were bitchy

and I'm not talking anything out. unless I get some apologies

Orli'sElf7
ok well i hope eventually it works out big grin

Fire
thx, real sweet of you. but it doesn't have to as long as we respect eachother we should be ok

Orli'sElf7
big grin good plan

Fire
thx orli

Phoenix
I love eowyn! I don't know why people bash her so much

yerssot
different taste?

Fire
no some ppl just have weird opinions on love, what is and what isn't allowed and they judge people like that.

Orli'sElf7
well ppl shouldnt have opinions of love she cant help the way she feels about him can she? pluz, in the books it was more like she idolized him...looked up to him and stuff...but tru she did have feelings for him but she didnt like...THROW herself at him or anything big grin

Fire
my point exactly orli

PiratePrincess
I'd throw myself at Aragorn any day, lol stick out tongue

Sorry, random comment again, had nothing to do with the conversation!! Back to teh subject....

undomiel
I agree

ItsAllMerryToMe
I dont hate Eowyn...i just dont like the person who plays her...i dont no i just dont think shes fitted...i dont like her...she gives me a yucky vibe...lol...but again i dont have anything agaisnt eowyn...lol

mah
Miranda Otto is perfect for the role as Eowyn. Simply perfect.

sammilicious
Danistar.. Yes i have read the books, but i'm taking it from my perspective in regards to the movies.. if this thread spefically said ABOUT THE BOOK, then i wouldn't be talking it this.. but it didn't specify didn't it??!?!?! so i have a right to my opinion in here about the movies. and if you've read the book it was Elrond and Gandalf that drove the wringwraiths away, not the elf prince. even in the Tolkien gives hints about Eowyn feelings for Aarogran, so i'm not completely in the blue about book and movie than you very much!

Orli'sElf7
i dont know like...the description in the book about eowyn i think miranda played very well...i like the character eowyn but hey ppl are entitled to their opinions so dont go bashin me!!

ItsAllMerryToMe
i dont no...im mean i think she played eowyn fine...i just dont like miranda otto...nothing to do with Eowyn no eowyn involved...i just didnt like her before the movie..and i dont like her after...but again i will say eowyn is okay by me...and she is played fine in the movie...i just...hmm i dont no...lol...its just me...lol

Aragorn#1
Undomiel- Thank you, someone understands! Im sure Arwen can Fight just as well as eyowen or if any thing better.

muse5
hear hear!!

Orli'sElf7
lol niiiice muse5

muse5
i envy the women in these movies... seing viggo and orlando like all the time for nearly two years... i'd die

CandyKoRn
ugh...

muse5
i'm really not that lazy, i probably looked over a thread that had been started before, the one that's circulating now came after mine did.. not to offend you or anything. wink

CandyKoRn
does it matter? These are public forums.. do what you like (within reason, obviously heh)

muse5
don't give me ideas... just kidding!!!! wacko wacko

Orli'sElf7
lol wow....that was random big grin

nemo
i think if u see them for 2 years everyday, u'll find them just another men.

coolcat
yeah but thats still good

CandyKoRn
I think the point was.. being able to be around them for that long... *sighs*......

muse5
double sigh...

muse5
ok, back on topic...

Danistar
Go Eowyn!

Exa
I also liked Eowyn quite a lot...
she's an interesting character, and without her the story would've been just half that good.

glorfindel
eek! how can you say(type)that? sick .didn,t your fingers burn on the key board as such foul muck was spelt out?
the story is great and eowyn has her part to play and play it well she does, but to say THAT TO REMOVE her small part in anyway reduces the story by HALF?............ NOWAY mad
she is a sadly trapped woman in a mans world(no i am not a sexist)
she seeks release from a cage and sees arogorn as that escape .
if you look closly at her charicture she ,after being rejected by arogorn jumps into bed with the next hero that comes along.a man just recovering from a bitter wound ,sick,just lost his dad,and his kingdom
and this vamp takes advantage of him....
does this sound like a nice lady or a power hungry vixen??
smokin'

ItsAllMerryToMe
omg your amazing glorfindel...im loving that output of eowyn...lol

nemo
glorfindel, she didn't "jumps into bed with the next hero that comes along
it took a long time for her to trust faramir. they got together because they went through the same thing, she lost her uncle, who she loved like a father too.
both of them were trapped and wanted to prove themselves, they went out to fight despite the danger and got themselves hurt.
as for power, she don't need to cling to faramir, her brother's gonna be the king of rohan, she would have a prominent place there. and faramir was only a prince in a small place under aragorn.

Exa
@Glorfindel
I can type that because I think without each and every character, the story would've been just half that good - and, of course, Eowyn is one of "each and every character"s.
She didn't wed because she wanted power - she would've had much more power if she hadn't wed.

glorfindel
Happy Dance how would she have had any power all she would have been was a sister to the king whom would have wed and she would have had less and less influence until she faded away like some sad bitter old croan.
by trapping faramir she gets to live as a princess in a land much more wealthy that that of rohan, and is able to have influence beonde her dreams ..
lets be honest here rohan is a little (hmmmm) rustic compared with gondor.
she,s out for what she could get.

smokin'

Aragorn#1
May be in the last movie (rotk) then removing her from it ( the movie) would be half as good but not in ttt, cuz she wasnt THAT important ( she only was a little). and dont no-one attack me please lol laughing out loud, and thats just my opinion

glorfindel
whats the point of posting if you carnt be attacked?
a good ding dong is half the fun and makes for a good debate(thats my(not so)humble oppinion)
she was/is/ of little use to the plot and if she was not there who would have missed her?

Exa
Perhaps nobody would, but who would've missed Arwen??

And, I wonder, if Frodo hadn't been there, WHO would've missed him if nobody knew he should've been there?

I liked her role because it shows the situation in Rohan... what she says about the women in Rohan and so on.

muse5
i like what nemo said, go nemo!!!! i thought that the whole eowyn faramir thing was good for the both of them, andif you remember it in the books, he falls in love with her right away, not the other way aroung

Arwenishott
yes that is true.............i thinkt hem two getting together is a good thing for everyone.

ItsAllMerryToMe
the only thing that i can say that would stick up for Eoywn is how...she doesnt want to be with Faramir until after he like begs her like 5 million times...shes just soo in love with aragorn...so technically she didnt just jump to the next guy...the guy attached to her...and she kinda was like whoo thats good another guy...lets try to like him...but trust me im still no big fan of her...i mean i dont hate her...but i dont love her

undomiel
I totally agree!!its nice to finally have someone on this thread who has the same opinion as me smile

muse5
i have to say though, i don't hate arwen's character, as much as i complained about her being in TTT, it made more sense for her to be there so people wouldn't be confused in RoTK when she married aragorn, eowyn's still my favorite

Orli'sElf7
hahaha i second that muse5....ahhh cant WAIT for eowyn and faramir to get togehter *squirms* lol im a sucker for romance hahahaha yes

muse5
that's my favorite part of book 6, i'm a huge sucker for romance too!

ItsAllMerryToMe
ughh how can you like them...its like faramir swoons for eowyn...i think that aragorn and arwen are soo much more romantic...speakin a beautiful flowing language....they have pure love that has blossomed...i love them...dont get me wrong i love faramir hes awesome and i felt bad when his dad hated him...but when it comes to him and eowyn...i root for aragorn and arwen

Fire
I don't see why the two couples should be in any form of competition, until someone can give an aboslute definition of love or of 'being in love'
I don't even see how you can start a competition

grishnakah
Nah man your not alone i like eowen to she's heaps cool and yeah she did destroy a raith (with help of course). but shes still cool.

ItsAllMerryToMe
im not trying to turn it into a competition Fire...im just stating my opinion on the matter...when it comes to the couples i like arwen and aragorn...if the other people dont then that is perfectly fine...i dont care...actually thats awesome...we are all different and have different feelings...so hey if you like other things then me or someone else...GO FOR IT!...hehe

Corlindel
Eowin's role is great smile and Miranda did a good job. I like her and her character more than Arwen's role at the trilogy.

I know that Liv Tyler is great but...why all of you don't understand that Liv Tyler is one person and Arwen is another?

If Liv Tyler was Eowin at the movie, all of Arwen's fans would be Eowin's fans.

I am new here but i can see that everyone prefers the actors than the story roles.

So.... Liv Tyler is beautiful as an elf but Eowin is really beauty inside..remember she is just an woman not an elf.

nemo
how can u say she is of little use to the plot?
she killed a ringwraith.
if u want to take that stand then legolas or gimli or arwen would be irrelevent to the plot too.
everything would have gone the way it would without them.

Camellia
I think she is a fantastic character: very strong and powerful.

I've just been reading the pointless argument on another thread that has gone on for pages about how much everybody hates her but I say:

'Leave here alone!!! She did nothing wrong, and if it wasn't for her then the Witch King and its beast would not have been slain!'

Eowyn is the best women in the books! laughing

Fire
Arwen is totaly irelevant to thez LOTR plot, her role was just increased for extra romantic scenes, and to have a bit of a bigger femalke role in FOTR

Eowyn has more use in the plot than Arwen

muse5
Fire, you have a really good point, they only added her character to get more women into the theaters for the love story part of it, i've heard it said in interviews

sammilicious
Eowyn is so not the best women in the book.... i think if eowyn had the choice she'd rather be a man.. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH GLORDINAL.. sorry if i spelt it wrong.. eowyn couldn' have aragorn so she settled for the next best thing.. now sorry to me that isn't love, it's convenince.... like a typlic hussy she just jumped from the next guy who could give her the most power and privelge.. yeh true that farimer chased eowyn first, but it took her till after aragorn's marriage to awren for her to decide that's she'll have farimer instead... SKANK!!! oh and Fire.. they didn't increse the role of arwens character to add more femality to the film.. they added more of her scence so those people who haven't read LOTR would understand the history of their love story.. if they'd just put her back at the end of the movie the audience would be like "what the..."

Exa
I absolutely liked her in the trailers...

Eowyn is one of the few people who really kept their character from the book, I think.

muse5
dude, sammilic, i've heard the writers of the script say that they put in arwens character for more femininity, i do agree that it made more sense for her to be in it more so the people who haven't read the book would be confused, but eowyn didn't jump at the next guy for convinience and privelage, she fell in love with him, and if you remember in that chapter she says 'i no longer desire to be a queen' and then he says 'that is good because i am not a king' if she wanted to be a queen, she wouldn't have married him

muse5
did anyone see the trailer (dumb question), they showed dernhelm... can't wait for that scene

Shield_Eowyn
So does anyone else out there have Eowyn as a fave character?????

shaber
Merry had already destroyed the wraith with the barrow sword. It was coming apart. There was nothing really left for Eowyn to do. If only the hobbit could have been so helpful on Weathertop!

Exa
Lol big grin

No not fav character but I like her. More than some other characters... like... Frodo Merry Aragorn Gandalf Faramir etc...

muse5
dude, shield eowyn, she's my favorite character... female empowerment all the way

nemo
yeah, go eowyn!! rock

Ariadne
Eowyn is either my first or second favorite character (the other would be Aragorn - I don't think that they should have gotten together though). I really wish that they would keep the fact that Dernhelm is actually Eowyn unknown, but I doubt they will. *sigh* I guess you can't have everything, huh?

muse5
that would be nice... o well, it's already out in the open.... GOD i can't wait for that scene.....i think that eowyn is my favorite character because i find it very easy to identify with her... just wanted to add that

ilvorlandobloom
yeah shes def. my fave character (besides Legolas!)! shes so cool.

Tifa_Lockheart
I would rather be Eowyn/Dernhelm than Arwen.

muse5
ooh me too... besides, faramir is hot!!!

BingaBonga
hey hey, can everyone cool down, this is a discussion... not an argument, and if you say to me shut up, all i'm sayin is that i'm tryin to make peace... smile...

anyway, i think that eowyn is really an awesome character, and i love threads like these because i love eowyn and hate arwen, sorry arwen lovers smile She's really cool, and you know she is very pretty... and she's a warrior, and she belongs with aragorn...hehe, just thought i'd say that and upset aniron... probably will get a big response saying i'm so dumb blah blah blah, but his is my opinion angel

nephalim27
A slightly off-topic question, but how old is Arwen? Is her death ever mentioned, or does she live until the end of days? She wasn't mentioned in the Silmarillion at all, unless I missed it..

samIam
I love eowyn but I love sam more ... scary! people say I kinda look like her ... she is tough and cool!!! yeah!!!

muse5
bingabonga ur funny... yea aniron will probably get mad, o well... i totally agree with everything you said

mailedbypostman
Never compare a book with it's movie.

mailedbypostman
And i just didn't think much of eowyn at all. She's a good fighter and all, but i just didn't care.Hm..........

Bloom4ever
Eowyn is way better than Arwen and shes lovely 2, it's just that she doesnt keep herself the way Arwen does with all those nice dresses n watever.
To me (plz dont attack me lol) Arwens just a princess livin in a land where she doesnt hav 2 go to war or do anythin much gettin all dressed evry day, waitin 2 get married 2 the king.

just my opinion.

muse5
that's an interesting way to look at things...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.