Best REVENGE movie????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
What do you think is the best "revenge" movie?

I love I Spit on Your Grave and Last house on the Left. What are your favorites, and which do YOU think is the BEST?

BackFire349
Irreversible, last house on the left, i spit on your grave, house by the edge of the park, house by the lake. my favorite is irreversible and last house on the left.

Striel
What is Irreversible? I can't believe I haven't heard of it.

BackFire349
its a recent french movie, a woman is raped and her boyfriend and friend go after the rapist, however its not like the others, as it is told in reverse, via momento, so we start at teh vengeful act and work our way backwards, its an amazing movie, very powerful. you should check it out.

ragesRemorse
in all my horror lovin years i am yet to see last house on the left, oh well cape fear is my fav revenge movie thats the closest one to horror atleast all the others are to far out of the catagory

Vorhees
Revenge of the Nerds
Walking Tall
Dog Day Afternon
Maniac Cop

Puresugar12
I'd say Robocop

wicker_man
Only seen one real horror movie which i can deem as a revenge movie and that is Carrie not unless you deem Friday The 13th a revenge movie lol.

ragesRemorse
carrie is a good revenge movie, i remember feeling good when she roasted everyone

DeNiro
my grandpa always said that the orignal Count of Monti Cyrstal was a great revenge movie and also i thoguht that a good revenge movie was cruel intentions if u can consdier that a revenge moive wich i do

Striel
I guess Carrie IS a revenge movie, although I never thought to include it in this discussion. I love that movie.

DeNiro
carrie was alright i didnt like it to much i thought carry two was a dumb moive but it had some wicked deaths in it

Striel
Oh I HATED Carrie 2... it's a horrible sequel that should have never been made!

DeNiro
i am with u on that one striel horribel movie

gregmss
jeepers creepers 2

Dario Argento
Well, I think it is Last House on the Left.

Leftomaniac
Carrie's always had a special place in my heart. The first movie was good. The second movie was fun to watch, but it really stunk up the room. I think I liked the recent remake the best- it stays very true to the book until the end. (The end is completely re-written, and it allows the title character to survive instead. Kinda like the recent Willard remake.)

I Spit on Your Grave was also really good. You really feel like a part of the movie emotionally, and the feeling of revenge is PERFECT.

BackFire349
i spit on your grave is good, but the rape is kinda over done in that movie.

Striel
How was it overdone? I thought it was tramatic and realistic

BackFire349
lasted too long, half the movie, it got kinda boring, and actually parts of it were comical. i think the most tramatic part of that movie was the castration scene in the bathtub, that was horrific. still, Irreversible's rape scene is far more realistic.

Striel
You are a guy, so of course the castration scene would be more traumatic for you smile Being a female, the rape scene was horrifying.

Leftomaniac
I'll take your word on that, since I haven't seen Irreversible... YET. I'll probably start looking for a copy now, though.

BackFire349
my mom saw i spit on your grave with me, and she agreed, yes it was horrible, but it was way over the top, too drawn out, and a little overly horrific, i mean, theres no way in hell they would rape the same girl 4 times, it was on the verge of ridiculous. if you want a truley taumatic rape scene, irreversible takes teh cake, that scene brought tears to my eyes and made me nausious

Striel
I need to find that movie somewhere...

romper_stomper
i think mothers day,last house on the left and strawdogs are all great revenge films but i spit on your grave is definitley up the top end of the list also

ragesRemorse
the willies. That story where the fat kid bakes cookies with flies in them for a girl at school. That bit.ch got everything that was coming to her

Gaetane
the burning

kmcdude
Originally posted by BackFire
my mom saw i spit on your grave with me, and she agreed, yes it was horrible, but it was way over the top, too drawn out, and a little overly horrific, i mean, theres no way in hell they would rape the same girl 4 times, it was on the verge of ridiculous. if you want a truley taumatic rape scene, irreversible takes teh cake, that scene brought tears to my eyes and made me nausious

I agree with Backfire,this is a movie that actually(nearly evil face )disturbed me! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.