WarCraft III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
anyone play this game?

Neo_Version 7
Nope. I play Age of Empires tho. And Battle Realms.

BackFire349
age of empires is cool. you play rise of nations? its similar but more advanced.

Neo_Version 7
No, never heard of it. Im gonna rent it tho, if you say so.

BackFire349
its a pc game, cant rent it. although if you like AOE, tehn you will like this game

Tired Hiker
The only game I play is 'Snake' on my cell phone. I'm at a 472 on the fastest speed.

BackFire349
those cell phone games are hilarious

Neo_Version 7
2540 is my top snake score on my Nokia3310

Fire
well I never liked much of the warcraft games, always been more of an age of empires freak, age of king (AOE2) rocks

mah
I've played it in small doses at others. It's a good game.

BackFire349
that it is

ragesRemorse
i just started playing warcraftIII bout a week ago im still trying to decide if i like it though. Its deffaintly entertaining. However it feels like they tried to put to many new additions in the game and left somthing out. Im sure my opinion will change ounce i get addicted but for now it feels a bit empty. has anyone played disciples 2 i know its an old gaem but my friend wants me to play it, is it worth it?

Fire
I'll have to borrow it from a mate or copy it

Ushgarak
Of COURSE I play it, BF!

Fitch
played it,finished it,love it,got the add-on,played it,bored with it...
that's about it...big grin

Fire
Fitch can't you send it to me, I'll send it back when I'm bored with it

Dexx
why send it back?

i've played warcraft III..finished it. but i never got into multi player. didn't get the add on

Fire
whispers to dexx:If I dont sayI'll send it back he won't send it

Dexx
well it's not original, fire smile

Fire
well it works, I HOPE

Evy_O
I've played W3 too, I like the Night Elves most smile

Ushgarak
How did I guess THAT?

Dexx
i liked the undead

Evy_O
How? stick out tongue

Yeap, Undead are my second choice, then the Humans and lastly the Orcs...

Ushgarak
Awwww, poor Orcsies!

Evy_O
Nah, they're ugly...

Ushgarak
Oh, but the Peon's are SO cute!

Evy_O
Wisps are cuter stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Meh, they think they are SOOO smart...

Evy_O
Why, have you talked to them? stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I hear them at night... grrr...

Dexx
the peons are kin of cute. the orcs are my second choice after the undeads. humans are last

Fire
I wanna borrow this game

Dexx
download it

Fire
nah, got a mate who'll copy it by friday

Dexx
yeah..there's always that

DeepThought
Or buy it? ;P

I love WC3, and just got Frozen Throne (the expansion pack) About 5 of us in the dorm last year would duke it out on WC. I made a few levels for us to use, heres some. http://www34.brinkster.com/drmfreek/

BackFire349
orcs and undead are my favorite, ush, do you ever play it online? or does anyone for that matter?

DeepThought
I haven't before, I'll probably get my tail handed to me... but now that I have cable, I may try anyway.

Fire
Deep I won't waste money on a bilzar game, I bought only one blizar game namely Star Craft that rulez

Dexx
yeah, that one did rule.....warcraft is ok too.
Never been much of a fan for diablo (continuing the blizzard games)

mah
Blizzard makes nothing but pure gold.

Ushgarak
Yeah, but what are they making right now? World of Warcraft which I will never afford to play, and some dreary console only Starcraft game .Pshaw!

mah
Dreary? You better believe Star Craft: Ghost will be good.

Ushgarak
I'm not going to play it though, am I!

Drrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy
y...

C'mon, they know everyone is wetting their pants waiting for them to announce Starcraft II!

Evy_O
Diablo is awsome, better than W3 imho...
Blizzard rocks!

BackFire349
yes ush, that is true, starcraft 2 is all anyone cares about now.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i love warcraft 3! best strategy game ever. I got frozen throne a few months ago but im kinda dissapointed. its not as good as Reign Of Chaos. and Humans are my favorite race. smile

Fire
yea SCIUI would be pure gold, probably their best selling game ever

BackFire349
yeah hockey, i agree, i was disapointed by the single player campaign of frozen thron. i usually just play multiplayer and custom games

Fire
does the extention feature new units?

BackFire349
yep, new units, new heroes, new buildings, new spells, new tilesets, new levels.

Fire
cool, any good units?

BackFire349
yeah, night elves have what is probably teh best new unit, the mountain giant, huge rock creatures that have more HP then any other unit in the game, they are nearly invinciple in large numbers.

Fire
hmm
how many races does WCIII have?

BackFire349
4. Humans, orcs, night elves, and my personal fav, undead

Fire
cool smile

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i really dont care about the campaign but i mostly play multiplayer and sometimes custom. Im really good at solo game but i suck in free for all its hard but fun smile

Lord_Andres
W3 kicks ass, and humans are the best!!!

BackFire349
I use all teh races, i just have it on random.

Fire
Still need to go and get it

Lord_Andres
it's in my option the best game I've ever played

BackFire349
It's definately up there.

FallingBlue
playin TFT right now, the editor kicks ass!!

Lord_Andres
oh ya, I made a very cool map, it's a LoTR map, with Mordor and Minas Tirith and Isengaard, and Helms Deep.wink

FallingBlue
have you ever played SOL RPG, that game is so much fun

Ushgarak
Ahhh, Warcraft III, still great...

I remember getting the original Warcraft, purely because of the great demo that made me think "Oh look, some unknown company has done a blatant fantasy rip-off of Dune II!"

And Warcraft II is, I think, the only game I ever got without having any previews or reviews for it. I just saw it in the shops one day and it was like "Blimey! Blizzard (no longer unknown but not yet famous) have done a sequel to Warcraft! I hope it's not crap, it has a lot to live uo to with C&C out..." It was great, of course.

Of course, these days the idea that Blizzard could release a game and me not know about is patently absurd- they take bloody AGES over them.

But what is there o look forwards to now? World of Warcraft? Nice to see Blizzard turn their attention to another genre but no way can I afford a subscription when I can role-play at hime with friends for free. Ghost? Console only.

Starcraft II? Assuming it exists, itmust be a VERY long way from completion.

Darn it...

Anyway, I believe I have said most of that before... I am an Undead player in WIII but I am way behind on practicing multi-player/skirmish games, which are always odd little things, not like single player at all.

I used to write campaigns for my friends for Starcraft- multi-player ones at that, with differing alliances and plot triggers and such. I really should do it for War III...

BackFire349
I'm thinking they may release another expansion for warcraft 3. Maybe with the Naga as a playable race.

About skirmish, they are pretty hard when you're used to the slow paced campaign levels where you can just build a base at your own leisure, while fighting off a group of about 7 enemy units. In skirmish, they charge at you with like 30 guys withen 15 minutes. You really gotta be quick at skirmish, same goes for multiplayer.

And my favorite race at the moment is the Orcs, they are so strong, I love em. But strangely my preference changes constantly, like last week I liked using night elves best. Now Orcs, and I have a feeling that Humans will be my next favorite race.

Anyways, I'd love to figure out how to write levels and campaigns, but it's too much work for me... stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Oh, skirmishing has always been a whole diffeent ball game from single -player, from Warcraft II and Rdd Alert onwards. In War III you have to be lightning fast in levelling your hero

Well, I always had plenty of time for thise Starcraft campaigns...

Fire
Star Craft is an awesome game, the expantion f*cked it up a bit tho

I'd definatly by SW2

JediHDM
I love the Age of...games the best, although there's still a place in my heart for Blizzard, anything they make is great...But Age of Myth is the game right now.

Fire
I didn't like their role playing game, what was it called, damn I can't get the name right now.

HDM: Age of Mythology is NO way better than Age of Conquerors IMO

Huma
Long live Blizzard. No one does it like them. I can't wait for Starcraft:Ghost to come out for my PS2. If anyone wants my TFT account name, PM me and we could play alittle. Hehe, Im always looking for cool people to play with.

Lord_Andres
can't wait too they are gonna release World Of Warcraft, it looks so fantasic, and ya they are prob gonna release another exspantion for W3

Ushgarak
Why do people think that?

BackFire349
Because people would buy it should they release it, and many people were disapointed with the expansion that was released. Also the prospect of a completely new playable race would be very very tempting for buyers.

Fire
True, but it doesn't always work like that
bring out even a small expansion to Star Craft would give them millions of profit
seeing as EVERY Star Craft fan would go and buy it

but they do not

BackFire349
Well the difference is that in the expansion too warcraft 3, we were introduced briefly to a new race, the naga, with new buildings, units, and powers. But we were not able to play as them outside of the campaign.

Starcraft didn't have anything like that in its expansion.

Ushgarak
Blizzard have never released two expansions for one game and it is against their design philsoophy to keep concentrating on an older project- they don't have the time, and they did not do it for Starcraft, as Fire says. Does anyone have any reason to think they will other than that you want them to?

BTW, I like Frozen Throne and so do most the fans- the changes made to unit balancing went down a treat.

Warcraft III had the Elves that couldn't be played- no-one moaned about that. I do not see why TFT should be any different.

Fire
hmm I still need to get WCIII

h0ck3yh0rr0r
well i permenantly changed my race from humans to undead. i officialy kick ass with undead. i won 3 free for all games in a row and im even better in solo. if anyone wants to team up with me and play just pm me. smile

BackFire349
The elves were basically just human's with a few elvish units mixed in, they weren't a complete new race. The Naga are completely different from all the other races in the game.

Ushgarak
The Elves had their own buildings, tech tree and units, like the Naga. The Naga are only a mini-race, they don't have a full tree. Same deal. And their units are not balanced for custom play.

Fire
probably too powerful to let lose in free play

BackFire349
Ah, never thought about the balanced for custom play thing, that's probably true.

Fire
it is very important, I think that's where SC BroodWar went wrong

Ushgarak
Really? The hardcore fans loved it.

Fire
I'm not saying I dislike it I just think the zerg got a bit more power than the other races

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.