CHASE SABRE DUEL- Wraith vs. Kosta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
THE SET-UP: Both good and bad guys have split up to pursue various leads in the Galaxy. In this part of the story, the Light and Dark siders have come to the infamous world Nar Shadda, centre of Hutt space, searching for Kir Ascar (real name Mal Sannan), erstwhile powerful Force adept and, more importantly, the only man who knows trhe location of the Mausoleum the Dark Siders seek. He has come to Nar Shadda seeking refuge The Dark Siders come to get that information, the Jedi come to apprehend Ascar- whom they wants words with- and to stop the Dark Siders getting that information. The Dark Siders have met Ascar already, the Light Siders will soon catch up with him, but Kuylen's agents now come to kill their opponents. Catching them at the star port, the Dark Siders are outnumbered- but rather than delay their alrwady overdue mission, the Jedi leave two of their number to fight, and the other two continue with the mission. In this fight,

HOW THIS WORKS: First time for both guys so here is the reminder.

The duellists take it in turns to attack each other. The attacker describes his attack and then the defender describes his defence. One person will succeed- a decision I make based on the skill of the fighters, the quality and appropriateness of their post, and a small random factor.

The winner of the round scores a point, and then the attacker and defender swap places. Aside from taunts, no other moves can be made except the single move or countermove you make each round! If a round is drawn, the attacker wins

First to five points wins the duel, but like in tennis you must win by two clear points. The amount of points by which you win a duel dictates what happens to the loser- a two point loss is a superficial wound, more is losing a limb, a five point win kills your opponent outright. Regardless, you cannot pursue a defeated opponent no matter what; if you lose a duel (and survive) you can always escape.

At the start of any round, either combatant may try to flee.

ANALYSIS: Beautifully even. Kosta is younger, talented, but Wraith has experience and discipline, their skills are equal. This will all come down to posting.

This is a time limited duel. Unlike other time limited duels, there is no limit on the rounds that can be fought. This game is ending soon. If the duel is not over by the time the game ends, it will be cut short.

Wraith attacked and so goes first.

Score: Wraith- 0, Kosta- 0

Wraith to attack

Celsius
"Lets see what you have"

*Kosta takes a step towards Wraith and makes a diagonal swing from the ground up with the saber in his right hand aiming at his opponents neck. He readies his Left saber for a deffence move*

Ushgarak
WRAITH'S move, Celsius...

Celsius
Oops. So go.

genral zink
(School keeping me busy...damned homework...)

Wraith rushes at Kosta and throws his two lightsabers spinning at Kosta, shortly afterwards flipping out his blaster pistol at opening fire on the Jedi.

Ushgarak
Very flash!

Celsius
(Wow, Nice)

*Kosta Flips backwards out of the way of the sabers, and while in mid air deflects the laser blasts with both sabers. As he lands on the ground he rolls backwards to slide under the sabers as they come back*

"Come now! Is that it?" He says in a taunting voice.

Ushgarak
Kosta, you flip backwards as Xeth to your side flips forwards towards the Arnian. After you deflect the laser blasts, you have tiem at your leisure to move forwards and plan an attack on your opponent who must concentrate first on retrieving his sabres...

Score: Wraith- 0, Kosta- 1

Kosta to attack.

genral zink
(Well, I don't HAVE to retrieve my lightsaber, I do have 6 after all...)

Ushgarak
Six??? Geez. That seems excessive, they aren't THAT easy to make! Still, feel free to throw those two away if you want...

genral zink
(Didn't make em, stole em from ex-mentors...but that's not what this thread is for is it? So we're still waiting for Kosta...)

Ushgarak
Yup. Lightsabres are meant to be rather personal things, really...

Celsius
(Sory I took so long)

*Kosta throws the saber in his left hand just a little to the left of Wraith, just enough to distract him. As the saber cuts throught the air with a low hum, Kosta movis quickly, using the force, to the right of his apponent, and brings his saber down on Wraiths lower leg. He beakons the other saber back towards Wraiths head*

genral zink
Wraith flips up into the air and over the thrown sabers, calling back his lightsabers as he does so. He reignites the red one and puts the purple one back on his belt. As Kosta runs up to engage him, he blocks by swinging down and to the right to ward off the blow. As the second saber comes around to hit Wraith in the head, he swings to knock it away.

Ushgarak
Kosta is just that LITTLE bit faster, having less to do. Wraith, you block the attacks, but you find yourself driven back, stumbling... you must strike back quickly or else face defeat!

Score: Wraith- 0, Kosta- 2.

Wraith to attack

There is a loud rumbling noise as Arazi's nearby ship takes off... the blowback from the blast-off, even with hi-tech Star Wars engines, washes over all of you fighting here, causing the equivalent of a strong wind that could easily unbalance you...

Celsius
*Kosta focusses so as not to stumble.*

(will that help? stick out tongue )

Ushgarak
(environment circumstnaces like that take effect based on what you post during your move, really. So if, for example, I describe a cave-in and someone tries a jumping move, they will most likely hit a rock!)

genral zink
"Think fast Jedi..."

Wraith throws himself at the Jedi, locking blades with him and throwing his weight against the Jedi, which is much heavier due to his muscles mass and heavy armor.

Celsius
*With the sudden gust of wind, Kosta decides that staying low is the best policy, trying anything to spectacular could send him off balance*
*Kost realises that using brute force against a foe of Wraiths size is out of the question, so he chooses to absorb the blow*
*As Wraiths sabers hit Kostas, Kosta pourosely falls on his back to throw his apponent off balance, just when he hits the ground he rolls sideways to the left so his aaponent does not fall on top of him. Then with a quick movement he rolls bacwards back on to his feet. All the time keping his sabers in an X shape infront of his body.*
"Try harder next time" Says Kost with a taunting voice. "All muscle no brain, I see"

Ushgarak
The use of environment is good; Kostsa dropping to the ground when the blows hit means that the backwash from the ship almost throws Wraith striaght over him!

Kosta is up first and is ready to lay into his unbalanced opponent.

Score: Wraith- 0, Kosta- 3

Kosta to attack.

Celsius
*Seeing his apponent off balance Kosta takes the chance and uses force push, with the wind blowing it might add extra effect. Straight away he charges his apponent, as soon as he gets near hm, he spins around to the back of Wraith and makes a vertical slash downwards, aiming at Wraiths head at the same time with his other saber he executes a stabbibg move aiming at Wraiths chest. All the time he keeps his knees bent and his feet far apart for extra balance*

genral zink
Wraith rolls backwards near the ground, seeing his opponent's tactics, rolling with the Force push. He then picks himself up and copies his opponent's stance, his knees bent and feet far apart as well. As the Jedi wings downwards at his head and jabs for his chest, he spins around, keeping his red lightsaber above his head, and behind the Jedi to avoid the blows, then spinning his lightsabers around to deflect any follow ups.

Ushgarak
Rolling back (which looks impressive in that armour) works well, taking much of the force out of Kosta's attack. Kosta is hardly undone as Wraith deflect his blows but the relentless nature of his attack fades as Wraith finally gets into the fight, meeting blow for blow and ready to strike back!

Score: Wrath- 1, Kosta- 3

Wraith to attack.

genral zink
Wraith gets behind Kosta and swings horizontally with his right red blade towards the spinal chord and jabs downwards through Kosta's left leg with his left purple blade.

Celsius
*Kosta spins around Holding his right saber vertically Up and his left saber vertically down to deflect both swings. then he quicly spins around to Wraiths back, keeping his sabers outstreched one pointing diagonnaly up, the other diagonally down to set up for his attack"

"Impressive! Very Impressive indeed." Says Kosta slightly out of breath.

Ushgarak
The two of you spin with great grace and athleticism, meeting each other blow for blow...

Round drawn. Goes with attacker

Score: Wraith- 2, Kosta- 3

Kosta to attack.

Celsius
*Appearing behind Wraith, Kost Gets down on one knee and makes a small swing at Wraith knees with both sabers. Then at the last second He quickly rolls sideways a very small distance and throws both sabers at his opponent, one aiming for the head, he other for the legs. All through his attack Kosta stays in close proximity to Wraith so as not to give him a lot of time to react. As soon as he throughs his sabers he rolls further backwards to avoid counter attack*

"With his bulky armour I might get the upper hand if I stay close when I attack, and then back up reaally quickly." Thinks Kosta

genral zink
Wraith leaps backwards over the blades and then to the right as Kosta throws his lightsabers. Using the Force, he tries to slow down at least one of the blades so that he can destroy it.

Celsius
(Noooooooooo!!!! Dont destrouy my saber, You bum!!! I'll slice off your nose. mad stick out tongue )

genral zink
(But I like my nose... sad )

Celsius
(I like my saber stick out tongue)

genral zink
(I don't. stick out tongue )

Celsius
(Pretty good idea though, trying to cho it up. You'll start winning. And I'll end up having to make another one.)

Ushgarak
Start winning? No, not really- your choice of sabres is purely cosmetic; so long as your posts fit your style, number of sabres makes no difference.

That said, Wraith's move works. Thrown sabres are at GREAT risk of destruction by a defender who attempts to. As Wraith lands and tries to cut one down, Kosta has an awkward choice- use the Force to oppose Wraith's attempt to sloew the sabre down- but concentrating on this will leave you sabreless!- or retrieve the other sabre and Wraith will cut through the other one.

genral zink
Wraith uses the Force, trying to grip it hard. He drops one of his lightsabers into its holster while he's focusing hard, preparing to swing at it.

Celsius
Kosta quickly uses the force to get the saberst to split up in different directions and zig zag back to him.

genral zink
Wraith holds the single lightsaber in place and lets the other lightsaber shatter it. If Kosta averts that, he swings at the single saber.

Celsius
*Kosta stands up, and looks Wraith straight in the eyes*
"Why did you choose the weak mans path? You can still redeem yourself! Come back to the light side. The dark side boasts power, but it shows little, all petty crime, bullying the weak!"

Ushgarak
Ok, Kosta retrieves one sabre but with a shower of sparks, Warith cuts through the other

Score: Wraith- 3, Kosta- 3

Wraith to attack.

ONE DAY WARNING! Game (and duel) ends when I go to bed tomorrow!

Celsius
*Kosta braices himself for wraiths attack, Its going to be hard to defend with only one saber against two.*

genral zink
"The weak will be destroyed. Only the fittest will survive."

Wraith charges towards Kosta and swings hard to knock his opponents lightsaber out of position. He then swings to take Kosta's head.

Celsius
*Kosta lets his saber get knocked out of position. and as Wraiths saber swings towards his head, He ducks at the last moments and rolls sideways with lightning speed*

Celsius
(My attackk I presume so I wont wait for Ush, He can examine when he gets the time smile)

Kosta quickly recovers from his role and takes a few steps back, He sircles around Wraith, getting closer, Then with explosive energy he quicly takes off his robe, and throws it a Wraith to distract him. Then he spins around to his knees and makes a horizontal swing at Wraiths knees*

Ushgarak
(sorry, been to busy to do much today, so I shall extend this a day and update tomorrow)

Ushgarak
The two of you continue to clash closely- and then theire is a cry to your side, as Dak triumphantly runs through Xeth, though the blow is not fatal.

But there is no time to capitalise. Hutt Security is pouring into the starport, irritated at this blatant power fighting by hunted outworlders. Both Dark Siders are forced to defend themselves- but Kuylen's ship roars to the edge of the docking bay at this moment, providing a means of escape.

As for the Jedi, the Security is reticent to move against Jedi. But they ask you, as firmly as possible, to take your leave of the planet. That does not seem such a bad idea- you can meet up with Gundark and return to your ships.

And both sides can return to their thread, for the end of the game!

Celsius
Good duel! big grin You almost had me at the end there embarrasment

genral zink
Ah, no one won, though. A tie.

You are dead when we reach the Mausoleum though... stick out tongue

Celsius
I think not, my good-bad friend. big grin stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.