the texas chainsaw massacre remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
who thinks the reamke will be dumb or good and i know BF is going to give me a very long reason why and i hope he does because i have no clue about this reamke so BF fire away

BABOON
bad bad idea...part of the reason the original is so good is because of the grainy look and feel which adds to the creepy atmosphere. it seems almost like its actually happening, like a documentary. the new one looks too polished and clean...and it was made for the sole purpose of cashing in one the already popular series...BLAH!!! sick

h0ck3yh0rr0r
bad idea

BackFire349
as you said, i am heavily against it, there is no need to try to re-do perfection. it is impossible to improve the single best horror film ever made. they insult teh original in their little synopsis by saying that this remake is more psychological then the original...now if you've seen the original movie you know exactly what is wrong with this statement. the original is all psychological, it is all implied gore, it makes you use your minds eye to finish the horrible images that are started on the screen. there was magic in the original, which will not be in the remake.

Striel
I have been dreading this movie, but i saw a preview for it before Freddy vs. Jason, and it doesn't look nearly as bad as I had expected. I don't like the idea of remaking horror movies, they are never better than the original, but i am going to give this one a chance.

DeNiro
BF i do like this movie a hole lot the orignial kicked some major ass and yess i do think this remake will suck big time but it will be a good movie for like 12 year olds that never seen the orignal nor i doubt would appreactie it cause it isnt new shit but ne way the orignal did rock but i will still check out the new one just to see how it is

h0ck3yh0rr0r
from watching the previews leatherface looked a lot different (bad way)

Tex
I like the movie poster wink

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hey i heard they making new zombie movie is this true? i heard its kinda like night of the living dead is it true?

BackFire349
they are remaking dawn of the dead ,if thats what your referring too.

pablo007
I have not seen the original but I will check out the remake. BackFire I know it's your favorite movie and all but you're judging a movie you haven't seen, it could be good though.

BackFire349
dont have to see it to know that it has no reason to be made. woulda made much more sense to re-release the original, since its impossible to top it.

Tex
Is the TCM DVD remasterd?

BackFire349
yeah, about as remastered as it can be.

pablo007
I wonder what Gunnar Hansen thinks about this, the new Leatherface doesn't seem bad. Leatherface looks crappy in the sequels.

BackFire349
gunner was asked to come back to play leatherface in the new one, but he said he felt insulted by them remaking something that had achieved perfection. and he was also asked to play teh truck driver at the end, but declined because he didnt think the remake should be made. he's very against the remake

SaTsuJiN
To me it felt like a waste of the song
Mortal Coil - song to the siren

still my best friends boyfriend invited me to go see it with them when it comes out. I know its not going to beat the original so Im just gonna go enjoy it with a clear conscience. If it truely is a crap movie it will show and become a big hole in the company's wallet.

Oooh a dawn of the dead remake.. yum.... I wanna see dat wun :P

BackFire349
just see the original

DeNiro
ne way when does this remake of TCM come out and yeah the leather face dude does look differnt i found the orignal very pshcologicly scary cause u know that guy wasnt that scary i mean he had his parts but deffintly more of a brain fu*cker upper then ne thing cause just to think there was sumone out there doing that shit is just freaky

h0ck3yh0rr0r
bf r u gonna watch remake? i might.

DeNiro
i bet he will disguise himself and go into the show and see it then deny the whole incdent

h0ck3yh0rr0r
dont think so lol

BackFire349
yes im going to see the remake, just because i feel its my duty as a horror fan to see any horror movie that comes out. i think it will be lame, but it will be a good way to raise my apreciation for the original to a new high

grymlock
count me in...

DeNiro
im ma going to go see it

slayer
the original is great except for that scene where he's stabbing her in the back that looked sooooooooooooooooooooooooo fake plus the remake could have a little on-screen gore

BackFire349
what scene are you reffering too exactly slayer? the scene at teh end when the hitchhiker is chasing her? he isnt stabbing her, he's slicing her.

iverino
I love the original but I have to admit that I found the trailer very interesting. I'm going to go in with an open mind and see if its any good.
At the very least the soundtrack should be cool.

iverino
I also have to admit that I have never seen "the wickerman" although I know some people few it as the holy grail of horror movies. What is it about and where can I find it?

Evil Dead
I think it will be good..........

Both movies can be good.........remake and the original. It doesn't have to be better than the original to be a good movie..........I am predicting right now that it will be tons better than all this Scream, I know what you did last summer, Urban Legend, Valentine, Disturbing Behaviour, The Faculty, crap that has been put out over the past few years.

DeNiro
now i liked the faculty evil dead u cant diss on that it had a kinda rip off of sum movies but all in all pretty decent movie

Evil Dead
Scream was also a decent movie.................bet the TCM remake still blows both of them out of the water.

DeNiro
absolutly it should have alot of fans cause younger kids never heard of TCM and will like the "new slsher guy" but actully he was one of the first lol

BackFire349
i bet scream will be better then the TCM remake. the fact that scream was an extremely original movie, while tcm is simply a remake makes it somewhat unfair to compare the two. since originality is an extremely important aspect of horror films.

Evil Dead
I rate a movie based on how well it entertains me.........not how original it is.........which is a good thing since I'm a fan of the sequel laced horror genre.............sequels by defenition cannot be original...........

BackFire349
some can, they can still have original aspects to them. Plus i think scream is extremely entertaining as well.

slayer
watched the trailer 2day it looked really good

Lord_Andres
havint read the whole tread, but I think it looks more scary then the first also better acting, thats all thats neededsmile

BackFire349
teh first one had awesome acting. and i garantee the new one wont be as horrifying as the original.

DeNiro
i dont know the first one didnt exactly frightne me at all but the first one might have some good shit in it i dont know i cant wait for it to come out now cause we have been talking about it for a while now

Bad Boy
Just seen the trailer and I'm quite surprised- it looks pretty good!

Has anyone managed to see it yet?

Kes
Horror movie goes to the horro movies forum.
You'll get more answers there.
moving--moved

BackFire349
yeah, I've seen it, looks like it will be disgracefull to the original.

Bad Boy
Why do you think that?

Lord_Andres
ya why are you always so offensif when it comes to the new one?
lets face it it looks alot more scary then the originalsmile

Striel
That last comment was blasphemy. :P

BackFire349
No, it doesnt. It does however, looks more generic and over the top then the original. The original was one of the most influential and brilliant horror films ever made. There was no need for them to remake it, it will meet a similar fate as the psycho remake did (being mocked for all eternity). If they wanted to make money off of the infamouse "texas chainsaw massacre" name, then they shoulda just re-released the original, since its impossible to improve on perfection.

Also, another reason i am against the remake is because in the plot description i have heard describing the new one, they directly insult the original, and show quite alot of ignorance when it comes to the original. Their tagline is "a less gory and more psychological take on the horror classic". Now, if you've seen the original, you will understand why exactly this is so ridiculous. The original is ALL psychological, there is NO gore in the movie wahtsoever, and with this statement in the tagline of the remake, it is making the original seem like some mindless slasher movie, when its anything but.

Plus leatherface looks absolutely stupid from all ive seen of the remake. he looks way over the top and too scary (yes, TOO scary). Part of his original charm was his simplicity and realism. he was actually a believeable character, the new one looks way to overdone, obviously alot of work went into making him look like that...and that is a bad thing when trying to envoke realism on the audience.

Anyways, again, the new one is a needless remake that will only serve a single purpose in the end, and that is to make everyone apreciate what a great, brilliant, original and aweinspiring film the first one is.

Striel
I totally agree that they should have just re-released the original.

Tired Hiker
The new one will suck for sure. I know these things.

BackFire349
i think any reasonable horror fan will agree with us. horror remakes never work.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hmmm MOST horror remakes never work. there have been some....i think...*trying to remember*

BackFire349
night of the living dead was cool. that is it.

Tired Hiker
Yeah, there are no other good horror movie remakes.

BackFire349
the night of the living dead remake was pretty good.

Maryjanefry
Exactly! I agree with you Blackfire,
I find that the new movies are so unintelligent, I mean come on..for instance, the Ring. Wow, how original was the theme in that movie..and scary? I think not. I mean its pretty hard to create a sequal for a really good movie, and I'm hoping that the the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre is as good as the very first one was. We all know how previews/trailors can be deceiving....

BackFire349
it wont be as good, its just wishful thinking.

Tired Hiker
'Cryptic Time code'. Psh. What was that all about in THE RING. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud I still haven't stopped laughing about that one.

What if TCM totally rocks and is better than the original? Oh, wait. That would be impossible. I know this next coment may sound completely obvious, but: TCM would never have been made if it weren't for the original. In so many ways. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Tired Hiker
I cry.

pablo007
Most remakes suck

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hmmm a lot of new member coming

Tired Hiker
We were all new once. We are still very new to many eyes upon these forums.

BackFire349
indeed.

slayer
indeed we are.

Lord_Andres
the first was not perfect, leatherface was so stupit, and the actors where not that good, and the remake IS gonna be better, you just wai and see

grymlock
althought the TCM remake will suck as a lot of people predict but never-then-less i for one for sure not gonna miss this movie...
cheers mate!! beer

BackFire349
LeatherFace was meant to be mentally inferior, he was retarded. It's part of what made him so creepy, teh fact that he's doing all the horrible acts he does, with a child like mentality and innocence to him.

The acting was perferct for that type of movie, good acting and low budget horror movies rarely coexist. It just makes them more fun when the acting is over the top.

Tied Hiker
I bet the first one was a fun movie to work on. You know? Like to be part of the cast or film crew or something. Ever read the credits? Not many names and that says a lot about what can be accoplished by just a few people rather than the mainstream.

BackFire349
yep. actually, ive watched the commentary for the dvd quite a few times, and they said it was pretty hellish making that movie.

The scene where they cut her finger, and grandpa drinks the blood, they really cut her finger because they couldnt get the nozel to work that would put the blood on the finger.

Espantada20
I can't say anything really about the comparison between the old Texas Chainsaw Masacre and the new one(I've never seen the first,I know I know I must be a loser,but not typically my style horror movie)But I can say that it probably will be an embarrassment to the original and an absolute mockery.That's how it always works.Psych the remake sucked. Night of the Living Dead remake sucked.aLL REMAKES SUCK.so I am against all remakes and I need to go see the original.

slayer
night of the living dead remake is the only remake thats better then the original!

BackFire349
it is not better then the original, it is impossible for a remake to be better then the original because without the original the remake wouldnt be possible. It was good though.

slayer
yeah i guess

figureight84
I was lucky enough to see an advanced screening of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake on monday (10/6) and boy did I leave the theater happy. First off let me say that I am a HUGE original Texas Chainsaw fan, the first movie is easily one of my favorites of all time. Now when I first heard about the remake I was against it just as much as the next person, I couldn't figure out why they would wanna mess up such a perfect piece of cinema. But I was eager to see how the movie would live up to the original. I was very surprised and quite impressed throughout the whole movie. This new Texas is so very different from the original, it shouldn't even be called a remake, it can stand as a whole different movie on its own. Sure the plot is pretty similar to the '74 original, but the way the story folds out is completely different. I won't give too much away about the story, but I will say that it is much gorier than the original, and relys on elements of surprise rather than the psychological factor that made the original so unique. Well overall the movie rocks, it's got all the elements: Blood, guts, skin-masks, chainsaws, beautiful women (the oh-so sexy Jessica Biel eek! ) Let me leave you with this: I know many are bashing this movie before they even see it, because of a die-hard devotion to the original Tobe Hooper classic. But I am one of you die-hard fans, and while I would never say this new version is better than the original movie, Im saying the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one hell of a great movie!! (so give it a chance)....Leatherface Rules!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance

BackFire349
The new leatherface looks awful and over done, not at all believable like the original

You say that it rely's on gore and surprising elements to get you, rather then the psychological aspect. THIS IS A BAD THING. All modern horror movies use the surprise factor rather then trying to embed the images into your head, and really diving into your psyche like the original did. Again, shock scares are crap.

The main reason I am against the remake is because it is indeed a remake. If it wasn't, then why would they call it "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"? The only other reason would be to rely on the infamy of the name to seel tickets and gain interest, and if this is the case, then that just shows that even the studio has no hope or or confidence in the movie, making it rely on the name. Also, the way they plugged the remake is just plain insulting to the original. "A less gory, more psychological take on the 1974 classic". This is like a slap in the face, insinuating the original relied on gore and blood to be memorable. It just shows that they probably never even saw the original, thus have no reason or right to remake it.

In closing, i will say that this movie is insulting to the original, and it in no way needed to be remade. Shoulda just re-released the original to the theaters so this generation could see what a real horror movie is like.

Lord_Andres
I wana see it because I think it looks better then the original and because Jessica is in itsmile

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i wanna see it cuz it ruined the classic

Lord_Andres
ya your right, the original is gonna be ruind because the new one is much bettersmile

xblanex
How can you say its better if you havent seen it? Im leaving my opinion alone, till I see the movie. But I think it should be good.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
well we all have our opinions.

Korri
looks good

Stuart Larkins
I'll be sure to bring my mommy to see it. but she says it might give me bad dreams, and put me in my Dark place. She doesn't want to be cleaning my underwear of blobs and googoo stains. OMG I'M SORRY COULDN'T RESIST THAT.

pablo007
I wanna see it because of Biel's sexy bod !

pablo007
and because I love horror pics

slayer
it looks awesome! I don't think it'll be better then the original but it should be good!

el_barto
if anny one would tell me what the texas chainsaw massacre is about i would be very very happy big grin big grin

h0ck3yh0rr0r
its better to research yourself. as many great philosophers have said, its better to experiment it yourself then to ask for someones answers.

el_barto
k

loserib
you ever hear of ed gien(sp) well its loosly based on that. you know all the like teens get lost slasher type movie its like the original i think it started that whole genra of movies

el_barto
thx

ragesRemorse
they also get brutally masacred. and come across a some disturbing neighbors, (family) that would like to have these teens to stay for dinner. Then a guy wtih a chainsaw busts out and starts takin the family buisness to order. He also wears a mask of human faces, and when he's not doing that he likes to make head cheese, and hit people in the head with big hammers. Theres a crude, but broad description for you. hope i helped

el_barto
u did

BackFire349
It is one of the best horror movies of all time. GO WATCH IT NOW

el_barto
im afriad of horror movies

Espantada20
Afraid?

el_barto
ya afriad

silver_tears
then why do u care about this one huh

el_barto
i just want to know what it is about iv been wondering for awhile

slayer
well it's 1 of the best horror movies of all time like BF said-WATCH IT.

BackFire349
It's about a group of teens who encounter a cannibalistic family.

Tied Hiker
Yeah, best to just go see it. Rent it, what ever. It's an experience for sure.

BackFire349
yep

el_barto
k

lil bitchiness
yeah...but be sure NOT to watch ''Wrong Turn'' because there is absolutely nooooo similarity whatsoever between these two movies *rolls eyes*, as BF once said (SARCASM)

Im sorry, im sorry, i couldnt help it!!!

devil

loserib
watch the first one before you see the remeke

BackFire349
still bitter huh? I would be too if i had a bad memory as you obviously do. I never denied they had vague plot similarities. But their execution and style were completely different. Wrong Turn has more in common with deliverence then TCM.

Anyways, back on topic.

el_barto
blink blink blink blink

lil bitchiness
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

el_barto
i know all i want to know

lil bitchiness
Well thats good....I think you should go and see it and judge for yourself what you think...
like its been said before...see the original before you see the re-maike! big grin

slayer
TCM is a must-see! But don't bother with number 4.

BackFire349
I've heard terrible reviews about the remake so far. They've all said it's really run of the mill horror.

lil bitchiness
Yeah...but you couldnt really expect it to be great...not as good as the original, let alone better...i saw the trailer and i kinda liked what i saw...im gonna have to go and see it and judge i think...

BackFire349
Yeah, I'm going tonight actually. I plan on laughing quite a bit and the crap they are going to try to repeat in the remake. I'm sure they'll fail.

lil bitchiness
I can almost promice that! Like you said, they over did Leatherface...they tried to make him too scary...
My fave scene in the TCM is the last scene...that disturbed me a lot...letherface on the road with the chainsaw..
i wander how they gonna end the film and if that scene is gonna be in it at all....

BackFire349
I dunno, i just hope it doesn't completely suck, then it will just tarnish the originals name even more then it already has been tarnished, by all the stupid sequels.

lil bitchiness
Yeah...thats what i said as well!! I think that upcoming sequal is a mistake....but all the kids who havnet seen the first one will probably like it...or something..

xblanex
It was good i just saw it

Lord Soth
I just saw this on Fri, and I it scared the s**t out of me. What does everyone else think of it? (looking foward to what BackFire saysbig grin )

(the trailers rocked, too, almost worth the price of admission by themselves ) rock bunny ninja

BackFire349
I already posted my review, but in short. It sucked.

~fuoco~
yeah i heard that it was really bad... got 0 out of 4

Lord Soth
Sadly enough, right after I posted this, I saw your review, BackFire. Now I feel kinda stupid. Oh well embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Kes
Horror movie
moving--moved

crazy_rock_chic
hey (new to this horror movie forum) i live in ireland and texas chainsaw massacre was banned over here,wish i cud see it tho

Lord Soth
Why did you move it, Kes? This is the Movie Discussion forum. Regardless of genre, it was fine where it was.

Lord Soth
Why did you move it, Kes? That was the Movie Discussion forum. Regardless of genre, it was fine where it was.*

Sorry, forgot to use my color

BackFire349
No, it wasn't. Horror movies are to be discussed in the horror forum.

Lord Soth
Sorry, I'm not familiar with all the protocol yet embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.