Your weapon of choice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark_Queen
i was just wondering,what is everyone's favourite weapon that is used in middle earth, and why???
if an army of nasty orcs were coming towards me,id pick Aragorn's sword Anduril as my weapon of choice.smilesmileits so powerful & strong and it would make those orcs back off!!lol

GABRIEL05
I would choose one of the Nazgul blades. If I was a bad guy. If I was a goodie I would choose Gandalfs long sword. I wish I knew the name...

pinksuezo
gandalfs sword is glamdring, which means something like foe hammer. its twin is the other elven gondolin blade (which also glows blue when orcas r near...but not in the movies) orcrist, or orc slayer i think. both were found in the trolls lair in the hobbit. orcrist was buried with thorin the dwarf.

now... if an army of orcs was comin at me... id prolly have to pick a jet fighter with a couple o tactical mini nukes, but if i had to pick a middle earth weapon, maybe a cool elven bow (so i cud keep at a distance too)

Sifer
Erm, that picture you have of Aragorn isn't him holding Anduril. That is his Ranger sword smile

GABRIEL05
yeah narsil hadn't been reforged yet

Aragorn#1
I would take Narsil thats a cool sword yes

Fire
I dunno, I'd go for a two bladed elven sword

D!sturb3D
I would love to be an archer

BOPRecruit 16
bows and arrows

Dark_Queen
u guys are right-its his ranger sword.but i didnt have a pic of him with Anduril unfortunately .ill have to find one.it'll do for nowsmile

Fire
lotta archers in here

Myndon
An elven blade of any sort would do me big grin

Fire
the two bladed sword is the most kick ass weapon

Dexx
i'd take an elven blade also. Arwen's sword was simply magnificent

Fire
I still think it's a scimitar

Dexx
arwen's? no..it's longer and straighter than a scimitar
(boy...that didn't sound right big grin )

Fire
yea but still it's a bit arc like

Dexx
yeah...but so is the katana.

Her sword, 'Hadhafang', is attached to Asfaloth's saddle. Hadhafang means 'throng-cleaver'. It was also the sword used by Elrond in the prologue battle scenes.

Fire
nice blade

Dexx
extremely..immagine elrond hacking orcs woth it

Fire
yea but the two bladed thingies were even better

Faded_Evenstar
Lothlorien Longbow
Arwen's sword- Hadhafang which means "Throng-Cleaver"

I love anything Elven. XD

Vorthas
omg im glad i found this thread... looky here,
http://www.e-blades.com/category.i?catid=2:12
thats where you can buy those swords and stuff, like $100-$200 only! theres two pages, on the second is the Ranger sword big grin , forged Narsil big grin , ringwraith blade, and others, on first page is Hadhafang, witchking, broken Narsil, Uruk-hai blade, etc...

P.S. Glamdrings there too rock

XxtinuvielxX
i would choose a bow and arrow like the elves do, and also 2 of the neato short sword/knife things that my husband...i mean legolas carries. i kno pionted ears arent weahpons but...i wan t those too...heh heh.

Fire

El Toro De Brah
clandestine-crystals-candles.com/MovieElvenWarriorSword.html

fire thats for you.

Fire
thx

I always thought it was double bladed, it'd be cooler double bladed

GABRIEL05
No one has mentioned any Dwarven weapons. Those axes look pretty bad ass they are great close range weapons, and they're good for throwing too.

pinksuezo
looks like u gota be pretty beefy to hold a dwarf axe

Orli'sElf7
Definately Hadhafang and Glamdring...you'd be unstoppable. yes But a couple of the Noldorin daggers would be nice too. wink

Fluffy59
I'd have Glamdring. Best sword ever, except maybe Narsil.
rolling on floor laughing

FallingBlue
I actually have Sting and Gandalf's sword, their awesome, but I would go with a Nazgul(sp) blade

Arwenishott
Definetly axes they are the strongest weapon for hand-to-hand combat. if two people fought, one with a sword and one with and axe, the person with the ax would definetly win.

FallingBlue
Unless the person with a sword just dodged and slashed the axeman's head off.............

nemo
if used as weapon, what could the ring do?
what exactly is the ring's power?
if boromir got it, what do u think he would have done with it?

Orli'sElf7
I dont know for sure, but i think that boromir would've been seduced by its power...dont know what he would've used it for tho confused

coolboarder98
Glamdring's pretty cool, so is Narsil. But I've to agree with Arwenishott; dwarven axes are definetely awesome. Not the puny single bladed ones, I'm talkin' about the huge dual bladed battle axes. That would take care of some Orcs in a fight.

Orli'sElf7
still.... eek! ...you'd have to get too close to do that...where as gandalf's staff ...one wave and BOOM. lol....does his staff have a name ne1 kno? *ponder*

pinksuezo
boromir woulda been corrupted by the ring, and he woulda ended up having it taken back by sauron. only som1 real powerful like gandalf, galadriel, or aragorn cuda used the ring to beome a dark lord themselves, and gathered large armies.
tolkien sed the ring multiplies the powers already within the wielder. usually this seems to be charisma, insight, long life. however, its not like the ring is some kinda laser shooting weapon or nuthin like that.

Orli'sElf7
lol...laser shooting weapon big grin...well i do agree with what you said about boromir..i kno he thought it woulda helped his ppl but in the end the ring would've taken a hold of him yes

Wubb Din'Boo
I would have a knife with a serrated edge in my left hand one of those swords the demon hunter in Warcraft 3 has. They funky lookin =D. That is only if i was fighting a huge group of people...especially a horde of orcs...those who said they would use a bow are foolish...if you missed and they caught up on you, you are screwed. Not to mention, orcs can shoot bows as well...Fast blows with weapons such like i described above are probably decent for taking on a group of orcs, but if I was a hero in Middle Earth I probably wouldnt be stupid enough to get myself in that position anyways, people should repect orcs more...they are not bad fighters...army full o' orcs vs. me? Nuh uh...I would get a group of my pals (dwarves among them cuz' they cool too =D) and set up an ambush if the orcs had to go or I got some money out of it. Alot of dwarves are good at throwing weapons such as axes and hammers, a band of warriors including myself, bout' 10 dwarves and some other good warriors could set up a devastation ambush with such tactics as throwing weapons and traps. =D

-so yea!

Exa
Bow and Morgul Knife, I think smile

The_Inevitable
Narsil-Reforged

High_Elf_Fingon
Hmmmmm... I would probably go for the Elven Glaives.

And now, time for my rant...

Yes, the swords that the Elves use are Glaives. Glaives. See the G? Not Swords! I get rather annoyed by the people in Lord of the Rings who continue to claim that the Elves use "Swords" and that whenever it shows their "sword" online it, of course, calls it a "Sword". It's not a "Sword". It's a Glaive. A glaive is essentially a spear-like weapon with a sword-blade on the end. To put it another way, it's a sword with a reeeeeally long handle. And all the Elves use glaives (both in the FotR prologue and in the Battle of Helms Deep in TTT), with the exception of Elrond (who uses Hadhafang) and Haldir (whom I think uses a more sword-like weapon, like the glaives except with a considerably shorter handle, but I'm not sure).

Okay, end of rant.

Lord_Andres
Frostmorne (Warcraft sword) hehe, if it had to be a ME weapon it would have been the Narsil, a sword is much better in close combat then an axe, you can strike much faster with the sword then the axe, and I whould have prefered the sword in a 1 vs 1 as wellsmile

FreeMason
I don't think Aaragorn is that good of a sword fighter lol...but he lives so whatever works...

"Give me a sword and I'll cut you a path from to-day to tomorrow."

Lioness
uhh...Hey... yeah i just became a member person cau's this sight looks pretty cool. Anyway if I was a Middle Earth person I would want an Elven bow+arrows on my back, and a long sword at my side. That way I could fight from a distance AND up close (maby a dagger to).

Camellia
My army of hobbits carrying pitchforks!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.