Rocky 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROCKY6
JUST WANTED TO SHARE THE GREAT NEWS WITH EVERYONE. MGM HAS SIGNED SYLVESTER STALLONE TO WRITE, DIRECT, AND STAR IN ROCKY 6... WATCH OUT FOR IT IN 2004.. SPREAD THE WORD... I CAN'T WAITTT.... ITS ABOUT TIMEEEE!!! Happy Dance

finti
"Fat and weak, what a disgrace
Guess the champ got too lazy
Ain't gonna fly now, he's just takin up space
Sold his gloves, threw his eggs down the drain

But he's no bum, he works down the street
He bought the neighborhood deli
Back on his feet, now he's choppin up meat
Come inside, maybe you'll hear him say

Try the rye or the kaiser
They're on special tonight
If you want, you can have an appetizer
You might like our salami and the liver's all right
And they'd really go well with the rye
Or the kaiser" -Weird Al`s version of "the eye of the tiger"

Tex
Boringroll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
It is a big event, cinematically. With The Terminator and Mad Max also making a return- and even possibly the long awaited Indy Jones IV- it is a good comeback time for franchises.

steve-o
As far as Im concerned. The Rocky movies ended with Rocky III. Apollo never died. He's still kickn. I see Rocky IV as just a sort of 'what IF' entry. A piece of entertainment. Not an actual Rocky entry. And Rocky V? Whats Rocky V?! Kiss my ass.

BackFire349
the first rocky was really good. i dunno about this one.

finti
Rocky I was very good indeed, and then it ends

Tex
Yeah, the last Rocky I remember was with that Russian and I remember a robot in one of those movies confused

I thought Stallone was supposed to take on the Taliban as Rambo?

GordonSkywalker
I loved to watch the Rocky films during my days off, especially 3 and 4. I never liked the fifth one. The first two were enjoyable but it was the next two that got me hooked. So is this serious? Are they really doing another one?

Thomas H
Rocky 1 was good...but number 6 please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GordonSkywalker
A bit too much, eh Thomas? Like milking the cash cow for all it's worth, or too many trips to the well...

Thomas H
pretty much...Rocky 1 even got a couple of oscars as well...but I must say, number 6 is unnecesary!

finti
The first two Rockys were good then it was downhill

Thomas H
agree...it hit the low point when Lundgren got a part as DRAGO!man that one sucked!

GordonSkywalker
Yes, they are going way overboard by doing another sequel.

Mujaffa
what does that poll mean????????????+

GordonSkywalker
Don't know. Not my doing. laughing out loud

Julie
I don't know....but I've never seen any of the Rocky movies...just bits and pieces here and there

GordonSkywalker
You really should see Rocky III. Now that is a classic!

foley8885
Rocky 6? Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

foley8885
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

GordonSkywalker
As long as it is better than Rocky V. oh and which one had the super russian in it? Was that 3 or 4? That one is my favorite. smile

evilelvis
mad max?...........rock on.

Darth Vicious
To me the Rocky saga ended with #4, 5 was just a waste of time and as far as Sly Stallone goes, he lost his edge, some of his newer movies come out straight to video, another has been living in the past and the only plaussible premise of Rocky 6 would be to pass the torch but not like R5, Sly doesnt have it anymore, soon he will be making tv shows in Comedy central like Gary Busey, lol

KidRock
ummmm what are you talking about? Stallone still has it.

GordonSkywalker
I loved Stallone in Rocky IV and Demolition Man. He still has it but the scripts themselves are not always as good.

noodles
In this one he fights George Burns.

GordonSkywalker
You must be joking? George Burns is dead as far as I know.

noodles
Correct. But Stallone may just dig him up while he's trying to ressurect his career. Rocky 6 could be a good movie if he goes back to the style of the first 2 rocky movies, but i heard that it starts with Stallone working in a home for disadvantaged kids. In the original he was a henchman for the mob, so why dont they start this one with his release from prison. At least it would be in keeping with retired heavyweights in the real world. Keep it real!!!

GordonSkywalker
I don't like the series that much to support another film. I liked 3 and 4 but that's about it.

happy kine
wtf! why revive all this crap... is hollywood running out of ideas? rocky 2-5 sucked...
rocky: uh hey pauly what the hell was i talking about...
pauly - i dunno rocko your brains got turned to slush when apollo crunched ya.
rocky - can you call the nurse in to revive my career.
pauly - but rocko your in a nursing home
rocky - where? hey pauly where am I?

noodles
Very cynical for one so happy.

ryan archdeacon
Nevermind rocky 6 i read a script called knockout kings and it was fantastic. about 2 young modern day boxers set in the USA. It was very reallistic and exciting. the fight at the end was fantastic i didn't even know who i wanted to win. It was written by a young scottish student. lets hope he gets it made. It will beat rocky 6 anyday

chica16
obviously hollywood has run out of movie ideas so they're getting all actors out of the senior citizen home to make more of older popular movies

RockyBalboa
Why are people so against the idea of Rocky 6? These are fun movies, they have great action, and are fun! Does the world need 6, probably not, but did it need
Jason X
Halloween 8
the 20th James Bond
Legally Blond 2
Star Trek 9

And let me clear this up

Rocky
Fights and loses to Apollo Creed

Rocky II
Fights and beats Apollo Creed

Rocky III
Fights Mr T 2 times, and Fights Hulk Hogan for charity

Rocky IV
Fights Ivan Drago

Rocky V
Retires, but fights Tommy Morrison in the street at the end.

Rocky V, was good if your a fan of the movies, and did not "suck".

I welcome Rocky VI, and I welcome Indiana Jones IV (which no one seems to mind) I also welcome Jurassic Park IV, Another Mad Max (not for me, but it has it's following.

People, everyone is different, try to be considerate of others when trashing something someone else might enjoy.

Kes
Thats the point some like it others dont. You just have to either ignore or stick to your opinion and say why you like it big grin Its all good.

green33
BOOO there should have only ever been one rocky and that was the one where he fights the russian played by Dolph Lundgren

RockyBalboa
Booo?? Wow, like going back to 3rd grade.

-=Urot=-
I want Rocky to get all his Money back!!!!

Tony_Montana
I remember in Rocky 5 they told Rocky he couldn't fight anymore cause of the brain damage he had recieved. Part of the reason why 5 sucked. I wonder how they are gonna work around that angle in the sixth film.

RockyBalboa
It's a movie, anything can happen.

VanDean
Hi Everyone.

I'm a big Rocky fan and I think a Rocky 6 is a good idea, but I don't like the fact that Rocky is returning to the ring, Stallone is 56 and that would be a bad idea, name me a real boxer at that age and is still boxing?
They should focus on Rocky's son who could be a boxer himself and be going for a World Title.

That could work better.

VanDean
Rocky 6 is a great idea, but isn't Stallone a bit old (56) to be a boxer?
What would the plot be? and is it me or was Rocky 5 missing the thing the other 4 movies had?

ROCKY6
Well said Rocky Balboa. I agree lots of films returning.. AND ROCKY is a classic. So much garbage out there now. This will be exciting . I personally can't wait to see another ROCKY as do many others . I'm tired of some of the movies they put out now a days. With another ROCKY movie it will be a refreshing change. It's all about quality . I loved the whole series and will most definitely be going to see this one . And all you nay sayers out there. ROCKY films must be doing something right. All the movies have done exceptionally well over the years. Can't say that about allot of films these days..... ROCKY IS and always will be a part of history.. other movies will be forgotten. Everyone has had there 2 cents worth ... SO here's mine Happy Dance

Discos
I didn't much like Rocky 5 due to Stallone's character - didn'tlike watching him train someone to become him and have brain damage which sucked.

Discos - In Airplane 2: The Sequel you can see a poster of Rocky 37 (I think) and it looks like Mr Miage (from karate kid)

ragesRemorse
alli can say about Rocky 6 is BULLSHIT

ROCKY6
Rages Remorse... All I can say about ROCKY 6 is WAIT and SEE and then you can EAT those words roll eyes (sarcastic) Happy Dance

el_barto
all the rocky movies were cool....... the fifth one sucked so mutch though **shuders**

Discos
Yep 5 wasn't the one to go out with, but I guess they are going to try and close the "sixth-oligy" with number 6,

Pfft....movie businesses are really really low on ideas now - taking back sequels to old blockbuster movies ie Indiana Jones,Rambo,Rocky etc

Aku
Behave, Aku.

baracustastic
ThomasH: "Rocky 1 was good...but number 6 please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

GordonSkywalker: "A bit too much, eh Thomas? Like milking the cash cow for all it's worth, or too many trips to the well..."

From people with prequel starwars stuff as avatars......the irony...

Rocky VI sounds cool but the last plot I heard for it didn't sound promising. If the script is good then the character is popular enough to carry another film.

Mr Wiggles
wait wait wait

rocky I- appolo

rockyII-appolo

rocky III- Mr T

rocky iv- Russian dude

rocky v-sucked

ok, one thing, do you notice that the rocky movies started to suck?

ragesRemorse
Dont forget die hard. This really isnt big news. It is old news frankly. Stallone has been trying to get another rambo and rocky made for years, but could not find a studio to bank on the idea. It seemed that movie studio's actually had the right idea for a while, untill MGM made the terrible decision for another Rocky.

There is absolutely no need for another rocky film. The story has been told in four three different ways with three different perspectives. PLEASE no more rocky. NO MORE taxi driver NO more rambo. NO more mad max. PLEASE GOD. The only 80's franchise that i can see for a one more run is die hard, but even that is pushing it.

Aku
OMG No one replied to this thread for 2 years and now its had 3 pages of replies. Cool

Cinemaddiction
It's because of a merge of 3 other Rocky 6 threads.

DenKi
hes too old, and have you seen his Mother? shes was in Rockey 5 getting beat up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.