General Star Wars chat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
got anything to do with EU?
come here and share it!!!!!!

Dexx
yeah..i dislike MANY eus

yerssot
that's because you read the wrong ones! I had the same opinion, dexx, untill I started reading the NJO

Dexx
i did start rading the njo...the first 3 ones anyway big grin....i kind of don't like them. but hey..good thing they're made by different authors..maybe i'll like the next ones...(though i don't even have them all....just 9 of them)

yerssot
you dislike it but you have 9 books??

Dexx
yes..i bought them all at once last year..big grin..a msitake i won't do in the future anymore.

yerssot
keep them, in a few years it will be worth a lot of money

Dexx
yeah..right

yerssot
always hope for the best wink

LanceWindu
I've got about 10 of the NJO books.

I've read every last one up to Force Heretic II.

Baylin
I just bought the first 3 NJO and am half way through the second, they seem alright to me. But then I'm a simple man and easy to please smile

yerssot
well, never go to another book, they tend to be bad

Dexx
no way..shadow hunter is still the best eu i've read...i'm gonna try my luck with shatter point...it might replace it

yerssot
well, as long as it has no superweapon in it

Dexx
oh, yeah..definitely. they are mentioned in the njo..though...i really don't know what they are. the maw or something..palpatine's eye...what are they?

Rogue Jedi
man, you guys are lightweights...i got about 70 EU books.

Dexx
i doubt there are ten EUs in all worth buying

LanceWindu
There are a ton of EU books that are worth buying.

I have at least 40 myself.

Rogue Jedi
have you read "the courtship of princess leia", lance? great book.

LanceWindu
Own it.

It was awesome.

Rogue Jedi
i like the dathomir witches and the rancors...the way the battles are described is awesome!!!!!!

LanceWindu
I'd like to live on Dathomir, I'd be a slave to a strong woman, basically a sex slave since all they use you for is to help make kids.

Rogue Jedi
me too...although strong in the force to get away whenever i wanted.

LanceWindu
True, and be a master mechanic and build the only ship on Dathomir to get away for good, and teach the women of the universe what it's like to be a slave!

Oh wait, nevermind me, too many fantasies in my head.

Rogue Jedi
keep it up, brutha....im with you.....we would run all those byatches!!!!!!

LanceWindu
Yeah we would.

What other books do you like Rogue?

Ushgarak
I understand the NJO is meant to be better than the rest of the EU, though frankly I don't think that is very hard.

But I really don't have a great interest in reading it, the whole direction the EU has gone in isn't quite for me.

Dexx
weren't you saying (distantly ack..vague memory) something about a njo rp?

LanceWindu
Yes he had, but it probably won't happen now.

Volundro Ramm
I definatly wouldnt agree with the statement that all EU is bad. Or that the NJO series are the best. Although they are a great series of books, some are worse than others, ie. Jedi Eclipse(pretty bad after reading Heros Trial, which was a great book), or Dark Journey(probably the worst star wars book ive read. Bad, bad, bad). Great books to mention in the NJO series, the before mentioned Heros Trial, Star By Star, Destiny's Way, and the brilliantly written Traitor. If your not an EU fan but want to read a Star Wars book(and not wanting it to be a part of the NJO series) i suggest The Han Solo Trilogy..The Paradise Snare/The Hutt Gambit/Rebel Dawn. Also I, Jedi which is also a great book.

yerssot
er... read the Crystal Star? Rogue Planet? (and what was the other one again?) THEY are the worse!

Volundro Ramm
If you re-read my last post, you'd see i was refering to the bad books in the NJO series, not in overall Star Wars EU. But i agree.... Crystal Star and Rogue Planet were terrible.

yerssot
with the "some are worse then others" I thought you refered to other non-njo books, that's why I mentioned those two to show that those two imho are the worse around

LanceWindu
Rogue Planet sucked!

But when they mentioned it in the NJO series, it ended up making more sense.

yerssot
barely, just think they made up the njo to get rogue a tad batter

Rogue Jedi
so they wrote 20+books to save one? whatever.

LanceWindu
Remember Rogue, yerss' mind doesn't work like ours.

He's slower.

Rogue Jedi
agreed.....not many have genius level iq's like us, huh?

LanceWindu
Does that mean I'm a genius???

*picks nose*

Rogue Jedi
we both are, dude.*scratches butt*

yerssot
no, they just got lucky that in rogue planet the "invaders" are barely to not described, so they said "hey, guess what! that's the Vong!"

Julie
NJO is awesome....x-wing books are ok......KOTOR rules the gaming world

yerssot
I'll see about that in a few days! wink

LanceWindu
Your getting KOTOR yerss???

yerssot
no, JA is getting out in a few days!

LanceWindu
Oh. sad I'm not getting it.

We don't have enough memory on our computer for my JO game, let alone JA.

yerssot
throw some crap of it then!

LanceWindu
It's not mine to do that with.

It's my uncles.

yerssot
ask him! it's gonna be bloody marvelous!... I hope

LanceWindu
Plus I don't have the $50 to buy it. sad

yerssot
I got some, not enough but should do

LanceWindu
You bastard...

yerssot
say that again when I have the game stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Don't worry, I will.

yerssot
evil face
again and again wink

LanceWindu
Maybe I'll just come over to waffle country and steal your game!

yerssot
better be fast, I'll lock it away

LanceWindu
I'll make sure to show up at your door the day you come home with it.

Hypernova
EU books are GL approved, aren't they?

yerssot
well, if you can wait a day or two, lance as soon as FM finished it, I'm done messed

hypernova: nope, they aren't, though he DOES have to aproof certain big twists.
ie, in a NJO-book (dunno which one anymore), Ackbar was supposed to die but it got a veto

Hypernova
Do they all get published in the same "House"?

yerssot
By Del Ray

Hypernova
Part of GL empire?

yerssot
not to my knowledge, independant

Hypernova
What are the copyright issues for using GL characters and ideas?

And what does GL do if he doesn't like something?

yerssot
well, copyright issues, GL hires the writers and give them the freedom to do anything, but the major twists (like, Ackbar dieing which was vetoed have to go through him, otherwise they're free to do what they want)

and with that I already explained that if he doesn't like something he vetoes it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.