LotR question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
In TTT Gimli speaks to Eowyn about how almost no one has seen dwarf women and that ppl suspect they're confused for dwarf men or that dwarves come out of holes which he says is stupid. How come Gimli never asked Gloin that ? Shouldn't some one know ?

BOPRecruit 16
i think gimli was just joking with her.

Fire
probably, and I think gimli was talking about other people like men and elves. I think dwarves know well enough how they reproduce

edwinian
What they said...it was comic releif

BOPRecruit 16
yeah, good that that was added into the scripts.

Hypernova
I was told it was in the appendix somewhere

Fire
but they shouldn't have added that much comical notes, in the end it got ridiculess

pinksuezo
"How come Gimli never asked Gloin that ?"

wtf u mean??

Orli'sElf7
Gloin was Gimli's dad...i mean you think Gimli would know that by now. He probably was just joking...but it would've been nice if there was a female dwarf Gimli met somewhere in the movie to see what one actually looks like confused

El Toro De Brah
one question i must ask.

why do all the main characters never wear helmets in battles... i mean that's a pretty important piece of armour yet they never where it. im well aware that people might want to see their face and all but come on dammit!! its unrealistic to expect important people to go into battle without a complete suit of armour.

must_kill_Santa
maybe they didnt have helmets for men or summin but i wouldnt worry bout it coz its not real

Orli'sElf7
yea thats tru but i still think the battle scenes were kick ass tho~!

XxtinuvielxX
i think it was meant for a little comedy cause you dont laugh that much watching lotr. i thought it was quite clever. geek

Orli'sElf7
yea i liked it...hmm realistically tho....i wish there WERE dwarf women in the movie..or else the whole prospect...lol im not even gonna go there!! who was gimli's mom ne1 kno??? i dont have that "family tree" thing nemore i lost it (dammit!!) : /

yerssot
"nono! THIS one goes here, THAT one goes there!"
(Han Solo, ESB)
laughing out loud

FreeMason
Well, doesn't the book explain that Dwarf Women look much like men? I know that there is a Dwarf Woman related to Durin that would make her a cousin or such to Gimili that goes off fighting somewhere...

It also is said somewhere (appendicies?) that there are so few Dwarf Women and that the dwarves have not had a home for so long, that they are dying out as a species...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.