Time in the Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HooT
Heres some quotes from reloaded so you can see what I'm talking about. I understand that some of these are more relevant than others in what im talking about, and some most likely have nothing to do with it. Anyways here ya go:

-
Trinity: It's all right. They need you.
Neo: I need you.
Trinity: I know. There's TIME.
-

-
Morpheus: I do not believe it to be a matter of hope, Councillor. It is simply a matter of TIME.
-
-
Ballard: Is he here? Neo. It's from the Oracle.
Neo: It's TIME to go.

-
Bane/Smith: We'll see you.
Kid: Neo! Just in TIME. You're gonna see the Oracle, aren't you?
Morpheus: We don't have TIME.
-

The Oracle: I know you're not sleeping. We'll get to that. Why don't you come and have a sit this TIME?
The Oracle: ...But the other ones, well, we hear about them all the TIME.
The Oracle: better program is created to replace it - happens all the TIME...
The Oracle: You have the sight now, Neo. You are looking at the world without TIME.

The Oracle: Then Zion will fall. Our TIME is up. Listen to me, Neo. You can save Zion if you reach The Source
-
Neo: The Keymaker?
The Oracle: Yes, he disappeared some TIME ago.
The Oracle: Be there, at that exact TIME, and you will have a chance.
The Oracle: Seems like every TIME we meet I've got nothing but bad news.
-
Merovingian: Yes, of course, who has TIME? Who has TIME? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have TIME?
Note here: Twins seem to nod knowingly... and amused.

Merovingian: ...give the fortune teller this message: Her TIME is almost up.
-

Soren: Then what do you need us for? Neo could take 'em both out easier than we could.
Keymaker: There's no TIME.
-
Jax: Okay, they're inside.
Axel: How much TIME?

-
Morpheus: Then tomorrow we may all be dead, but how would that be different from any other day? This is a war, and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at any TIME, in any place.

Soren: TIME?
Vector: 3 minutes.
Binary: Almost there.

Keymaker: It is TIME.
-
Architect: ...but rest assured, this will be the sixth TIME we have destroyed it...
-

Ok thats all that I could find that would be thought of as semi meaningful. I think in particular the Oracle and Merovingian's comments make me think that there is a clue to be picked up here. Here they are again just for a recap!

Merovingian: "Yes, of course, who has TIME? Who has TIME? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have TIME?"
Twins seem to nod knowingly... and are amused...

The Oracle: You have the sight now, Neo. You are looking at the world without TIME.

The Oracle: "Then Zion will fall. Our TIME is up. Listen to me, Neo. You can save Zion if you reach The Source"

Look at the ETM Bum now hes the Time Bum Something about him..

The Omega
Hoot> And what exactly ARE you talking about? smile
Is there a point?

JediHDM
Thats exactly what i was thinking...

Korri
blink ???

VenomVA
Please explain

HooT
Well the simple answer is I have no idea. THis is why I love the W bros. The bum has something to do with time. Why would he need 5 watches. Maybe the matrix is larger then we know. This brings us back to what is the matrix the question I think they will want to leave us with. In my view the matrix is more then humans in a simulation. If anyone has ever heard of the string theory...its about our own universe. I think that might fit this problem of time well.

The Omega
Wait wait wait! The bum has FIVE (5) watches?? (The pic you attached is too grainy).
Are you sure?
That would be VERY interesting!

HooT
well not 5 but alot I cant see cause of the pic but If I had a HQ trailer we could tell. I know the number will still be interesting

The Omega
Hoot> If it is five or six it will be VERY interesting, indeed.

HooT
Research the string theory just do a search it would fall in with the Wack Bros favorite stuff quantum physics and dimentions.

The Omega
String theory? Well, that's not really six or five dimensions. It is either 10 or 11 or 12.
And they extra ones, though microscopic, are still assumed to be spatial. Not temporal.

Sifer
Actually he has 3 watches. 3 x 24 = 72 smile

JediHDM
where did you get 24, 24 hours? and what is the deal with 72? if you have a theory, explain it, otherwise, dont post.

JediHDM
i'm sorry, that was kinda rude of me, but still, come on...

General Kaliero
Homeless dude: "72 hours... 72 hours..."

Niobe: "What did you say?"

Homeless dude: "That's exactly how long Zion lasted last time..."

rysdigital
that would only make sense if his watches break down after 24 hours stick out tongue

JediHDM
no, because each day is a cycle, and each cycle, he has 72 hours on his arm.

Ginerninja
Jesus christ the Wackowski's are great directors....I would never have thought of doing that, neither would anyone else for that matter

JediHDM
i think that Warner Bros. did, otherwise we wouldn't have the Matrix at all!!!

Unleashed
When I first saw the post's title the first thing that came to my mind was time on earth and time in heaven and how many years here on earth is one day in heaven. Maybe the times in and out of the Matrix are different maybe thousands of years in the Matrix equals one day in zion. Kind of a deep thought.
But when I read the post I actually started thinking about the whole alice and wonderland theme Matrix One had and how much I loved it. That white bunny in "Alice and Wonderland" was always carrying his watch and complaining about something he had to do and a place he had to be in. Maybe in Matrix 3 everybody will meet for a tea party at the end. laugh. The guy with all those watches maybe he is the symbol for the white bunnies. I see the matrix as the Wonderland Alice found herself in. Remind me also of how Dorthy in Oz. Makes me want to go out and buy those films and watch them again. Thanks Hoot I really enjoyed your post.

Unleashed
Maybe Neo, his crew and all his enemies are living some reincarnated life and though we see and think things are happening in seconds when maybe they are really happening in days or maybe years. I remember in Reloaded seems Neo and Trinity had another life because somehow he had this choice before. I think between these two movies it looks like events are taking place in minutes but perhaps the characters are relieving things over and over again like a ring. I think neo is the one the one that was reincarnated and that the events happening in Neo's life are actually events that already have taken place. Maybe in the other lives Neo saved zion first and lost trinity. That's probably way that lady kissed Neo in front of Trinity not to make her jealous but to test and see if Neo would finally past some test in this life.

LinearMatrix
In a deterministic world,such as ours or the matrix, seeing the world with out time means understanding the laws the that govern the reactions of the world. It is the same when a physicist or science minded people has an experiment and BEFORE the experiment, they pose the qualitative and quantitative results. Or for a layman when you throw a ball in the air and then when you predict its trajectory and catch it you are seeing the world without time. You are predicting what is going to happen. This is especially true when the oracle says something about your not here to make the choice your here to understand why you made the choice. Choice is nonexistant in a deterministic universe. "We only do what we were meant to do." "There is only one truth causality, Cause and effect." Free will versus Choice in a deterministic system that was the theme of the matrix reloaded. And if you can understand my rant try and understand this... The God of the matrix is .... The achitect No it is the Source. So do you dare to fight like neo did amongst the Gods above normal mortals?

spydar1982
wow good post. that cleared a lot up for me (i needed those laymans terms) i was totally lost about that seeing without time. As far as the homeless guy goes I hear his role in the Matrix/name is the time keeper.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.