COME TUESDAY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti

Ushgarak
Damn you! Why must I put up with this rubbishy modem... someone give me lots of money, please... Queeq?

keokiswahine
finti, you are so going to love high speed. It is so nice to be able to view making of ep2 in less than 15 minutes. Used to be had to hit go, then go out and wash the car, and return later to check if it had downloaded at all, or if my connection had been bumped off. It burned up all my hours just trying to download something over 1 1/2 days of continuing attempts. Pay the money, save time, pain, suffering; the peace is worth the price to everyone in the family besides tying up the telephone line. big grin

Ushgarak
Soon I will kill you all in horrible pointless revenge for having faster connections...

keokiswahine
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

ratcat
ADSL is the best, Keo is right. It's great to get up in the morning and be able to download the newsest Making of Episode-II video in the time it takes to clean you teeth rather than the time it takes to shower, eat breakfast, dress, go to work, come home at Lunch time and THEN watch it. big grin

Plus is makes playing Quake III Arena a lot easier, we long thos 33ms pings!!!

Ushgarak
Grumble...

Mind you, Diablo II will never work properly on-line no matter how fast your connection. It doesn't even work properlly over a freaking LAN!

I DO seem to remember you working on the theoretical premise of being very rich once, Queeq. So buy me a theoretical ADSL link please.

queeq
A theoretical premise? Sounds very profitable. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
When did I get a lot of money?

Supa
Finti, welcome to the club! Me and hubby have had adsl for half a year now.. and a year at work.. it's soooo great smile smile

queeq
*getting jealous now*

ratcat
It's the best thing in the world. I can surf, download and connect to work with no lag.

In fact I get better responces from my work network than I do when I'm on the LAN at Footscray!!!

Gundark
Still have dumb old modem.....

queeq
Me too. Don't worry about it.

Supa
Put it like this actually.. I haven't used a modem for like... almost four years smile God I sound like someone with no life.. hmmm.. that life thing again.. Can it be had at K-Mart?

Jameous Woodshire
Shop smart. Shop S-Mart!

I used to have DSL this time last year. Then I moved to a nicer house and neighborhood and now I can only go 28.8! I hate it! I long for the fast days of DSL or even cable. I looked into getting wireless, that will go about half as fast as DSL but its still worth it till they can put new phone lines near here.

Supa
"This is my boom stick!"

"I said the words.. basically"

Jameous Woodshire
I bought the new Evil Dead game, The best part was the opening cut scene. After that it was downhill. I'm still gonna finish it, but not for a while.

"You got ugly, real fast!"

Supa
*snickers*

Jameous Woodshire
Ya know I was referring to the game? Right?

"Listen up you primitive screw heads!" What I want to say to the Phone Co till I get my DSL!!!!

Supa
*snickers some more, letting him dangle a while longer, thinking he just insulted a lady*

big grin evil face big grin

Gundark
I have modems at home and work, never used anything else. So I actually don't know what I'm missing. stick out tongue

queeq
That's the way to keep your spirit up, Gundy. laughing out loud

finti
AHH Sweet ADSL big grin Time to download something cool

Supa
Start with a movie wink

Dim
Jeeesh..I wish I had DSL.. sad sad

ratcat
Well if you save your pennies reallly hard... laughing out loud

queeq
She has pennies? She can save? I am definately living in Poor City compared to you guys.

ratcat
I really wouldn't know. laughing out loud laughing out loud stick out tongue laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Not compared to me, Queeq.

keokiswahine
Did Finti get all hooked up? It's Tuesday here, Wednesday there. wink

ratcat
I think he had more pressing matters on his mind possibly to worry about this.

finti
I am hooked up alright, skyhook? big grin

queeq
He's back! Badder and faster! Hide your women and children!

finti
especially hide the women evil face

queeq
Yeah, right. big grin

ratcat
Finti, what upstream and downstream do you get on your ADSL? Is it a contended line or a private one?

queeq
Yes, finti. We're all dying to know such technical specs on this otherwise dull forum. evil face

finti
I have no clue what you are talking about RC. I just got it installed, the technical stuff confused confused It is on try out ... desperatly reading manuals.. eehhh it is 384/128 kps (Inn/out) . (In my favour big grin ). I got this speed because it is half the price of the faster ones. I am bound for a year with this speed, by then it will be cheaper with the faster ones so then I will uppgrade.
What is the differense between a private line and a contended?

ratcat
Well, my line is contended with 50 other users, as are all BT Home ADSL lines in the UK.

This means that up to 50 people can share the bandwidth, in my case 512/256. So, theoretically, if all 50 people were downloading a big file at the same time you would only get 1/50 of the bandwidth. In practice this doesn't happen as people are on the line at different times of the day and night.

Sorry queeq, didn't know you had the mandate on what we are and are not allowed to talk about. Wasn't this a thread about ADSL????

queeq
Go ahead, RC, you teach us. Don't mind me taking a nap. *yawn* laughing out loud

finti
Then I have a private line RC smile I guess that is good

Supa
Neener neener Finti.. I got a whole meg alone at home evil face

finti
meg ryan evil face stick out tongue

queeq
What's your address? laughing out loud

finti
Oslo roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
I don't care, how long is Meg staying?

Supa
Hmm.. just as long as Nicholas Cage is! evil face

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Pikachu
Hmmmm, Nicholas Cage. big grin

queeq
You fight over Cage, finti and I will battle over Meg.

ratcat
Meg Ryan, When Harry Met Sally. Nah, she's a faker....

queeq
I won't mind. laughing out loud

ratcat
Nah, I'd prefer the ruth than an ego build any day. Makes you work harder at it! embarrasment big grin laughing out loud smokin'

queeq
Heck, if she wants to fake and let me have fun.... WHO CARES?!! laughing out loud

ratcat
Well, that's what I would have thought too. Faking it just to get it over with, why even bother?

freeq
Who says I'd be faking? evil face

Gundark
A guy needs an entire special effects crew in the room to fake it.

finti
No we dont smokin'

freeq
sad

Errr... what finti said.

ratcat
And how would you do that?

finti
Its a secret of Karma Sutra big grin

ratcat
I don't even wanna know...

Eugh!

Gundark
(fills in music for finti) "she want a pearl necklace"

ratcat
GUNDARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Gundark
What ? I was just watching QVC the other night and they were having a bunch of pearl jewelry on. My goodness, RC....you're going to blow a vein if you don't calm down....

ratcat
You are such a BS artist!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

freeq
sad

Gundy's fine with me. evil face

ratcat
Well, maybe she should be fined! laughing out loud

freeq
As long as I don't have to pay.

ratcat
She's not THAT kind of girl.

freeq
No, that's true. She'd probably ask you. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Keep Edna away from this thread!

zereil
Isn't when its the real response more fun?

Gundark
Ush's gallantry never ever fails to impress me.

freeq's unabashed lust never fails to thrill me.

RC's compliments never fail to warm me.

finti's musical genius never fails to amaze me.

You guys are something else. smokin'

ratcat
Shucks! embarrasment

Ushgarak
You mean that lovely pearl necklace she saw on QVC? Why wouldn't we talk about that?

ratcat
I have no idea, also I do not have a clue why you would want to hide the preceding two pages from Edna.... evil face

Ushgarak
Oh, she doesn't want to be bored with dull stuff like that.

(Adds RC's name to death list)

ratcat
Oh, I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

Ushgarak
Dull stuff like that? No chance...

freeq
I e-mailed her the link to that page. evil face

Ushgarak
Like I always said, Gundy-Wundy, you are pretty darn cool yourself.

Now, let's keep this topic rolling over fast so Edna doesn't see this page...

ratcat
Which bit, are you talking about Gundy's Pearl Necklace? evil face

ratcat
What an excellent idea.

ratcat
SO you sent her a lot of emails then. laughing out loud wink laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Ba-dum-boom!

Not for a while now, actually.

Ushgarak
You'll be luck to get her to see an e-mail right now; she hasn't checked her account in two weeks and it is full of crap.

ratcat
Oh!?!?!

**None of my business**

freeq
I used her other e-mail address, the one she opens. evil face

Ushgarak
I'll challenge you right now to name her other address, Freeq... *I* know it...

ratcat
Oh dear, handbags at 40 paces ladies.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Gee, that's one heck of a handbag to work at forty paces!

ratcat
Did I mention the revolver in each bag? evil face

Ushgarak
Well, no-one gave ME one...

ratcat
Oops...

*Rings Gravestones'R'Us*

Yes, that's U S H G A R A K. Tomorrow? That will be perfect.

Ushgarak
Urrr... I'm not so happy about this idea any more...

ratcat
*Phone rings*

It's Gravestones'R'RUs!

What? You can do a rush job for this evening, even better. Thanks.

*click*

Ushgarak
Where the heck is frog-dude, anyway?

ratcat
Out catching flies maybe?

Ushgarak
And how does he hold a handbag?

ratcat
In his flipper silly.

Ushgarak
Is this some special handbag for frogs? And how do frog paces work?

You know, I am beginning to suspect that this was not a serious idea...

ratcat
Yes, there may be some drastic drawbacks to this plan.

Ushgarak
Good!

(Runs)

(Runs back)

Though I DO know that address

(Runs again)

Pikachu
Isn't a can of pepper spray a better thing to keep in your handbag?

Ushgarak
At forty paces? That's some pepper spray...

(Whole thing starts vgain...)

Pikachu
Well, I have a special supplier.

Ushgarak
What else does he do? Rape alarms that cause earthquakes? Genuine acidic CS spray?

ratcat
I wonder if it's the same one that sent queeq those funny little parcels.

Ushgarak
Well, Freeq has many contacts...

freeq
Indeed. And I wonder if my tongue can reach forty paces. I could choke you with that. Gundy is very happy with it anyway. evil face

finti
"When she spoke, her words ensnared me
Watch the lizard, watch the lizard, watch
Watch the lizard with the crimson veil"
- Marillion

freeq
Indeed

ratcat
And he has a go at my music tastes... All I can remember of Marillion is the 3 or 4 school headbangers with Marillion patches on the back of their denim jackets.

finti
well if they were headbangers they really missunderstood. Marillion is great music, poetic mellow sometimes rock, mever been heavy thoug. And RC the actually play instruments and sing themselves, not what you can say for the MTV generation, playback and dont know how to sing computerized voices. big grin big grin

ratcat
You mean the likes of people like.
Craig David
Robbie Williams
Mel C
Anastacia
The Corrs
Dido

Just 6 of the top of my head who can certainly sing and play some instruments.

freeq
TV can make you believe anything. Even that people landed on the moon. laughing out loud

ratcat
So, your latest conspiracy theory is that they can't actually sing or play instruments.

OK, have it you way.

*shrugs*

freeq
Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them

ratcat
Well, where 3 of those were concerned it myst have been my eyes, ears and all my other senses.

Whatever.......

finti
besides the corrs and Craig David they dont make their own music they just perform it.

ratcat
Anastacia plays the piano and guitar.
Dido plays the piano.
Robbie Williams plays the Piano.
Mel C plays the Piano and the Flute.

finti
Still they are only singers dont contribute to much with instruments on the albums .And how many of the tracks have their name on it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.