scary...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
I found out the other day that what i consider normal behaviour for a teenaged girl would have been classed as an eating disorder only two years ago...

Kes
What is that normal behaviour?

yerssot
that IS scary!

care to elaborate? (hey, had to use a difficult word wink)

Phoenix
big grin go yerss!!

Phoenix
ya know, having a crazy chocolate moment, then eating salad and fruit for the next few days to cancel it out... i do it all the time...

yerssot
hey, I do need to impress people wink

Phoenix
should I have admitted that if thats actually a sign of an eating disorder....?

blink

Ushgarak
Which eating disorder?

Kes
Well the fact that a teenager thinks about that is a bit worrying maybe.

yerssot
howdya mean kes?

Phoenix
*shrugs*

they said a form of bulimia.... ((non-vomiting form, obv!))

Kes
Well worrying about calories and stuff. Usually adults do that. Plus if you dont go to a nutricionar(sp) you dont know whats good or bad. The body needs certain things.

yerssot
yeah, but don't you know when you eat too much by yourself?

Kes
When I eat to much I'm full big grin I dont worry if its fattening or not. Hell I eat chocolate all the time and bread. I dont eat a salada after a chocolate eating fit. I dont even like saladas stick out tongue

Phoenix
I guess I really do have problems then...

yerssot
that's silly phoe *hugs*

and kes, don't rub it in stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Awwwww, no you don't!

(hugs Phoe)

Kes
lol Well I'm just saying kids worry to much about those things. I mean teen years are the years you can actually eat anything. It only get worst stick out tongue

yerssot
you have the experience then kes confused

Kes
Meaning?

yerssot
you sound like you're 30+!
you're a teen yourself wink

Kes
lol I'm actually just out of my teen years. I'm 20 stick out tongue

yerssot
shsss, that's still in wink

silver_tears
phoe we all love you
nothing to worry bout big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Kes
Not really stick out tongue

But Phoe I dont mean theres something wrong with you. Just as long as its not obsessively whistle No serious, theres nothing wrong with watching your calories.

yerssot
that's better kes stick out tongue

G.P
I couldn't agree more with Kes...It's Ok Phoe...

BackFire349
you shouldnt take studies to seriously, they always end up changing their mind after a few months.

GroundedAgain
bulimia is scary. we co-op with a couple other skewl for basketball season and during a game one of the gurls fainted cuz she threw up everything she ate that day

ragesRemorse
whats so bad with eating slads and fruits for a few days after eating a candybar, that sounds like a great eating disorder wish i had that willpower and if every one did america would be a healthy nation again

Kes
rages the body needs more then salads and fruit. Each food group as a bit of what you need. Thats with vegetarians have to be carefully, because the meat has proteins and stuff you need, so does fish.
A person just has to know how to eat. Thinking that only eating breakfast, launch and dinner is better then eating every hour is a mistake.
Plus chocolate isnt that fattening, it gives you energy and you tend to burn that energy big grin

Corran
chocoloate is one of the five main food groups of any staple diet.

Kes
lol

Corran
The others are Cheese, Ice-cream, coffee(caffeine) and alcohol.

Kes
Ice-cream is good, so is cheese. Has milk! big grin

Ushgarak
!!!!!!!

How could you have forgotten to praise coffee on that list, Kes!

Corran
and most of all alcohol!!!

Fire
nice one corran

Kes
Well everybody knows coffe keeps you awake to eat. And most of all what else would get you tru the day??

Ushgarak
I think Kes is more of a coffee freak, Corran...

I find bed helps me get through the day.

(lies down again)

Fire
coke winkbig grin

Corran
I too am a coffee freak, this is why it is in my ltop 5 list.

Kes
Caffe has to be the 1st thing to hit my stomach!

Corran
yes, it's the first thing I have every morning.

Kes
You mean coca-cola or...?

yerssot
well, you can TRY to sniff that one, but the icecubes will get stuck in your nose

Kes
lol big grin
Well if I drank coca-cola all the time I'd be in the bathroom all day.
Not to mention that that is fattening. CC I mean stick out tongue

yerssot
well, get a PC in the bathroom and all should be well wink

Kes
laughing out loud

Phoenix
I have to admit... I probably hurt myself on those regimes more than anyone else, cos me a veggie, so therefore, only protein comes from eggs and cheese, which I don't really eat much of ((cos of the smell!))

Phoenix
school and stress give me problems with eating - I forget to have breakfast, my lunch goes off cos its generally cheese, and then i leave it in my locker and forget about it, then get so hungry by about 3 that i pig out on two kitkats on the trot!

Kes
I forget to eat all the time.

You are a veggie that eats eggs?blink

Phoenix
yup - me's a veggie, not a vegan ((veggie's dont eat meat, vegans don't eat any animal products.))

I wanna become a vegan tho... and you can still eat choccie!! just as long as its dark... ((i dont like dark.... but at least its choccie!))

Corran
I'm a vegetarian and I'll NEVER be a Vegan, can't give up chocolate, cheese or ice-cream.

Phoenix
but you can get alternatives and theyre just as nice!!

((cool your veggie, btb. I'm sure you've told me that before, but I can't remember when......))

Kes
Here veggies dont eat animals..egg is technacly an animal. And vegans dont eat anything related to animals like milk or products made with milk and dont wear clothes made of wool,etc. My neighbour is a vegan smile

Phoenix
a lot of veggies dont wear animal stuff. I've NEVER worn fur, and I try to cut out leather and wool too... tho not wool so much, cos it doesn't hurt the sheep, and it actually gives them relief in the summer months

Kes
Hell I dont wear fur. I think any animal lover wouldnt wear fur. I dont wear leather either. I may have some clothes made of wool thou.

Corran
You don't have a leather cat-suit then???

Kes
No...I have 1 made of napa (sp) laughing out loud

Kes
I could get on made of spandex blink

Corran
do it, and then send the pics.

Kes
Ok.

LindsIsTightK
Phoe I don't think there is anything wrong with you. That sounds just fine to me. I watch my weight a lot too. Like if I eat some pizza one day with maybe a can of soda, the next day I will only drink water and eat one small meal to cancel it out. Usually that meal will be a salad or a healthy sandwhich.

Corran
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/surprise.gif

Kes
That sounds ok to you Linds?blink

LindsIsTightK
Well I know that it isn't ok, but I still do it anyways. People always give me props and praise for how skinny I am so I feel like if I was anything but that I would be disappointing them

Kes
blink
Do you think that if you eat normally you would get fat?

LindsIsTightK
confused I don't know, I've never had normal eating habits so I guess in general I don't really know how fast my metabolism is

Kes
lol

LindsIsTightK
embarrasment Well I don't..............

hmmm guess I should start eating more huh?

Kes
Not eating more. Just eating right. Hell you am I to say this. All I eat is bread...and very rarelly a meal. I forget to eat most of the time. Love chocolate. I just dont get it why someone who has been skinny all her life (for example) would care about diets and stuff.

LindsIsTightK
How can you forget to eat??? Man thats my problem is I always want to eat but I never do because Im scared Im gonna gain weight. Yeah I have been skinny all my life so I don't know why I've always been so worried about it

Kes
I just forget. I might be a bit hungry but it passes really quick. Next thing I know its 16h and I havent had lunch. I eat breakfast cos my mum brings me to bed big grin

Fitch
http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/lilly/eek1bluegreen.gif
I'm eating as much as I want,even more and as you could see in those pics of mine I'm thin.You should try yourself first if you can eat or not normal and then do this.Not directly !!!!
damn that thought is scary ! *shudders*

Corran
I just eat loads too.

Fitch
beeing forced not to eat would be plain torture !

BackFire349
i have horrible eating habbits, which is directly from my living schedule... i generally wake up at like 2 pm, and eat "breakfast" (which is usually some fast food) at about 5 pm, then i eat another meal at like 1 am. somedays ill have like 4 meals, and other days ill have like 1.

Corran
I like the sound of that, waking up at 2PM.

Fitch
I have other habbits....I go to bed around 5 in the morning and wake up at 10- 11.of course this years highschool progam makes me wake up at 6 so I woun't be able to continue like this but...who knows evil face

BackFire349
yes its nice, and i stay up till like 5. makes up some god awful eating habbits though, i usually eat breakfast when other people eat dinner.

Fitch
not dinner but lunch.....yes

Corran
correct.
Breakfast is anything up until 10:45, then it becomes elevenses until around 12-2:30 - lunch. then after noon tea from 2:30 til 4:30, then tea from 4:30 to 6:30, then dinner until around 10PM, anything after that is supper. Hmmm must try to do all of those in one day sometime.

Fitch
if there is someone to serve me those I will for sure big grin

Kes
Tea?!blink
Only a brit would say that stick out tongue

Fitch
*brit accent*
but of course mylady !

Corran
But, but, but I am a Brit. confused

Fitch
we understand....shifty

Kes
lol
I eat breakfast around 8h. Then lunch, if I dont forget, at around 13h. If I forget it usually ends up at 16h. No snack or tea laughing out loud At around 19h I'll eat a snack, skip dinner and at 2h/3h another snack.
Or sometimes I eat like every 2hrs.

Kes
I know. Its ok.

Fitch
me breakfast around 11,lunch 14,evening 20:00,night snack at 2 AM...

yerssot
just had my third breakfast... going to get some lunch in a few minutes...

PiratePrincess
I was up at 6am, went for a 30 min run at 7am and then swim training from 7.30am-9am. Going for a cycle up to my friend's farm later and then i'm going to go on a ride (horse riding)! What an active day i have planned!!

Corran
It's making me feel sick through exertion just reading all of that.

yerssot
the eating of being active?

Corran
the active part.

PiratePrincess
Hehe, as well as all enjoying sport and all the health stuff i do it because i can't stand the fact of going into a shop and having to buy clothes in size 18 or somthing!! Sport's brilliant, makes you feel very good about yourself afterwards smile

yerssot
easy corran, she's a halfling... in time she will give up her life and join us here for ever

PiratePrincess
Hmmm, i don't know about that!! stick out tongue

Corran
you are alomst fully ensnared.

yerssot
with every post you make, you go down the path of OL and kmc evil face

Corran
And then you won't have the need to worry about your size and clothing cos in OL you can be whatever you want.

PiratePrincess
Lol, you guys are weird! stick out tongue (I mean that in the nicest way possible! Kool-weird, not ewww-weird, lol)

Corran
woo-hoo, Yerss we are wierd!!

yerssot
waaaaaaaaaay ahead of you corran raver

Phoenix
people have said that to me too!

I suppose it really is a brit thing... but what do you call it when you eat at six?

and corran, I kinda disagree with you - here, dinner is a hot lunch. where do ya live? I live in east anglia, near cambridge

Phoenix
i feel bad... I just ate... mini pack of minstrels... a galazy caramel... a galxy ripple.... a kingsize twix.... AND a caramel shortcake.... and in an hour or so, my brother is going to be asking me why I'm not eating my tea!

yerssot
I eat every hour, so I would call that six o'clock thingie a light snack wink

Phoenix
well, I say 'just'.... it was through the course of the afternoon.... from about 11 onwards... I suppose you could call it an extended lunch...

Phoenix
but do you have a proper hot meal in the evening?

yerssot
several wink

Phoenix
yes, but what do you call them?

PiratePrincess
You know what Phoenix means, yerssot!!

yerssot
my 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and elvensies wink

Phoenix
in england, an egg is not an animal until its fertilised, so we keep chickens and roosters seperate. well, at least at the farm where we get our eggs...

you can call me a freak if you like, I went to inspect the living conditions of the hens before buying the eggs, so i knew the hens were well-looked after...

my mums really good as well, for all that she eats meat. she gets meat that has a special symbol on ((cant remember whta, I don't even look at meat now, it makes me nauseous)). anyway, the symbol means the animals have been kept in nice conditions and have been killed painlessly

Phoenix
big grin

I love Jack Sparrow too... and Scotland is ne of my top three fave destinations - I wanna go to the edinburgh festival next year!

yerssot
why would people find that strange phoe? it's great that you look after that! I mean, I've seen conditions in the farms in belgium which makes me puke!

Phoenix
*hugs yerss*

you're being so nice to me today!

yerssot
today? am I not always??

Phoenix
big grin

of course you are always!

*hugs yerss*

yerssot
happy
*hugs*
you're too smile

keokiswahine
*hugs yersssss* Why am I hugging you??? confused roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

yerssot
because I'm covered with chocolate? wink

keokiswahine
but that would make me a chocolate messsssssssssss stick out tongue

yerssot
you like the chocolate, don't deny it stick out tongue

keokiswahine
yummy stick out tongue

Phoenix
hi keo!

*hugs keo*

yerssot
now you're covered with chocolate too!

Phoenix
ooops...

yerssot
you did it on purpose stick out tongue

Phoenix
big grin

Kes

Corran
I live in the North West, but that doesn't matter, speak to Ush he lives near to you, sort of and I am sure he would call Lunch lunch and Dinner Dinner.

yerssot
I call lunch lunch and dinner dinner an echo stick out tongue

Phoenix
didn't make meself very clear did I? big grin

what i meant was, lunch or tea are cold meals, dinner is the hot meal of the day

Corran
Ohhhh I see. But Lunch can be hot and so can tea.

yerssot
I always drink tea hot confused

keokiswahine
mid-day meal and evening meal stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.