Evanescence?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evanescence
Anyone like them? I love Amy Lee, she's soooo dreamy looking.

Killer
there was all ready had somethin on them

BackFire349
nope, lousy band.

Evanescence
Screw you then. mad

BackFire349
sorry, i just dont like them, i got so tired of that one song, that when i heard it i got a head ache.

Killer
not everyone is going to agree with you dumb****.. so don't get mad at someone of they don't... respect there opinion or don't say anything!

and I happen to dislike them aswell... so i geuss i am screwed too... big ****in whoop

Evanescence
Are you people always this mean?

I meant screw you in humour, not to be critized for saying it.

BackFire349
you should have put a happy face next to it rather then that anger face.

Execation
Jesus people, take a ****in' chill pill! This isn't a playground, so let's keep it grown up, mmkay? Make love not war, and all that...

Oh, and Evanescence have SOME good songs, but any group that performs this shit on a kid's show needs some counselling...

Evanescence
What kids show was this?

wicker_man
I like there music particuarly 'Going Under' and Amy Lee is hot, i like goth chicks despite myself not being Goth.

daronisgod
Evenesence... what a joke.

Kerrang did an interview with them and Amy Lee says "We aren't just Linkin Park with a hot chick for a singer" talking about herself, don't think much of yourself do you Amy.

Talk about sad...

Killer
well excuse me.. when i see some who writes "screw you then" and puts a anger yelling face next to it.. what am i suppose to think?

Korri
go Killer!!!

Fitch
they're ok....though only 2 songs I.....let's say like

cermiestar
don't like them too....iffy

Killer
laughing out loud

Evanescence
Fine, then Killer.

Screw you! Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing smile stick out tongue eek! laughing out loud That's good enough for ya? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Killer
i don't know where your goin with the banana... but I am straight thanks

Evanescence
Well, I'm not.

Killer
*hears background music*

"let's get it on"

*eyes widen*

Evanescence
Your point being?

DemonicGambit
That was interestin'...but anywho, yeah they're okay.

Killer
haha.. nothin...
but i don't know you, so i wouln't want to be screwed by you.. that's all

just so you know i got nothin against 'gays' 'bis' and 'lesbians'
a few of my closest friends are

big grin

Evanescence
Don't worry, I only love Shannen Doherty.

Killer
*has no idea who the **** that is*

yeah... hmmm ummm...

daronisgod
She's an "actress"...

Oh yeah I'd appreciate it if people didn't copy me.

Phoenix
I LOVE Evanescence! My fave song at the moment is 'Missing', but I also like Even in Death and Give Unto Me

movie_freak
I like Evanescence, thier album rox..I epecially liked Bring Me to Life , Hello & Tourniquet

dinyelle
i absolutely love evanescence!!! amy lee rocks!! smile

lefty
*giggles* oh wow that was funny wink (only killer knows probably what I'm thinking) But just so I dont get yelled at.... I'm not making fun of gays, bis or lesbians

1-winged angel
Just type any thing bout Evanescence in here, like your fav song or video. Or if you went to their concert tell me about it.

finti
nah dont like them

PurityKnight
I think they're pretty good
...but I think it's damn funny that Amy actually thinks they invented that music-style....

1-winged angel
yeah but they are great

finti
let them release more albums and see where they are then before you give them the statue of greatness

Darth Revan
I don't like 'em too much

total metalhead
I think they blow. They're basically pop-rockers trying to do goth rock, and that Amy girl thinks she's Christina Scabbia.

smittenkitten
They're absolutely ridiculous and absurd. Crap music, crap lyrics, crap completely. In a few years they'll be considered has-beens by everyone. Totally forgettable.

-Smitten Kitten-

burlyman
what those 2 said ^ erm

RebelPhoenix
I don't think they're that bad - well ok, I don't like the guitarist (thankfully he left) and the guy who sang on Bring Me Back to Life totally massacred it whereas as the version with just her is better. I think she has a great voice, I wont deny it and I wouldn't mind having strong vocals like that myself. I've listened to Fallen, Origin and all of their demos, they have some good songs but it really just gets too bland after a while and there is no variation with her singing style either. Other then that, I too really dislike her attitude regarding the music and towards other female singers in the industry. In that sense she reminds me of Avril when she first came out.

As for the Christina Scabbia comment, as much as I love Lacuna Coil, have all their albums and have seen them live... she has a great voice but doesn't really use it to it's potential imo. It becomes monotonous and doesn't progress in dexterity or power - it can also seem really emotionless and robotic, I honestly think she could do alot more with it. But either way I prefer Lacuna Coil's music ability so much more - Evanescence have yet to learn how to play real metal and move away from the limited mu-metal chords.

Evy_O
I like them a lot big grin

ElectricBugaloo
pop disguised as rock

StinkFist462
there already is like 4 evanescense threads use them and searc before making a thread again .. thank you

1-winged angel
well i like em so who care what u think

smittenkitten
I see you're from Australia. Doesn't that mean your first language is English? Can you explain your piss poor grasp on it, then?

You asked for opinions. Don't complain.

-Smitten Kitten-

Freddy_vs_Jason
Easy guys, I like "My immortal" and "Bring me to life." smile

Df02
i dont like the way i now see 12yr old girls walking around pretending to be goth's......
Also dont like the music and her attitude. thankfully theyll be 1-album'ers and be forgotten about soon

BackFire
They're crap.

PurityKnight
...that's like little Avril (whatever her name is) fans pretending they're rock... sick

Corlindel
Evane..who? stick out tongue

Samas-adian
Umm its linkin park with a chick singer. ( i dont like linkin park at all but this band is completly like them)
Can you show me when the chick said she invited the music stlye??? I need a good laugh.

PurityKnight
it was in some interview here in germany

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing

quiball
i'm always surprised how many people hate evanescence considering the fact that their album and singles are doing so well.
but i personally really like their music. I love Amy's voice. my fav song is My Immortal...so soulful
and funny, i like Linkin Park too. I guess they are similar then, eh?

Samas-adian
Well... they came out at a time when roughly any band in that genre can make money.
It happened when "Grunge" came out....

1-winged angel
yeh i like Linkin Park and Evanescence, this is spost to be a fan forum, not a haters forum, the haters forum is next door ok.

punkyhermy
what i cannot grasp is that everyone here who dislike evanescence say that they are crap!i want to know,in what position are you exactly to say that?are you some reknown musician or artist?
let me remind you that all of us are just people with imperfect opinions.Some of us, myself included, thinklk they are great.this deosn't have to be the case.Some of us think they are crap and know nothing about music.So there really is no way we can judge them definately and in an unbiased manner.
as for me, i think evanescence rock and definately have potential to be a great band.Amy, though not the best female vocalist, does her best and the results are appreciated.

total metalhead
^ Thats why. If you really want I can expand on them and give examples. Evanescence maybe good in your opinion, but unless you can disprove the above statements, the fact is that they suck.

smittenkitten
Well, Punky, as I've said before, I've been classically trained in piano. I have 8 years of music theory and comprehension under my belt. I know crap when I hear it. Sure, it may be catchy, but that doesn't mean it's good.

"Wake me up inside.
Call my name and save me from the dark."

Is she kidding? It's like she went to her seventh grade diary for lyrics and came out with the above drivel. It's absurd. It's insulting (to my intelligence, anyway). It's crap.

TM, thanks for quoting me. Nice sig pic.

-Smitten Kitten-

Samas-adian
Winged Angel... at the start of the thread you posted that this anything about Evanesence. It can be bad or good. You opened it up for discussion

No, I am not. But i have about 8 years of guitar including theory. I can say that atleast the guitar playing is mediocre.

So first you say we have no right to say they suck because we have no talent. But its alright for you to say the rock because you have no talent. You are being a hypocrite. Because unless your this amazing artist or producer, your shooting yourself in the foot.

punkyhermy
i said "i think". i didn't say it's a fact that they are great.it is a mere opinion.and yes, i have no experience with music whatsoever,but that doesn't really matter as long as I enjoy whatever type of music.u guys,even if u are trained in music as u stated, that doesn't make u authoroty in anyway.Your comments will end up as opinions after all.N

Samas-adian
and it is our opinion that they suck. They came out after the whole faze of new metal, and they have no orginality at all. A lead singer that has a voice does not mean its orginal.

Df02
Theyre a band cashing in on the insecurities of teenagers, by creating "deep and meaningful" music, theyre trying to attract the attention of the "im depressed, my life sucks" kids that seem to be around soo much nowadays.....Linkin Park did it, so now Evanescence are trying..

Samas-adian
Korn also did it. Nirvana and a crap load of other bands. BUT WAIT, THEY HAVE A CHICK SINGER... now they rock roll eyes (sarcastic)

nweekxenon
guys who kowns evanscene's home page ??

Darth Revan
yes

and you could argue that she doesn't have that great of a voice at all. She has a very PRETTY voice, but she doesn't have the powerful lungs that a good rock vocalist needs. And I can think of five other bands off the top of my head that have really good vocalists.

and punkyhermy, you said: "Some of us think they are crap and know nothing about music." which would certainly imply that in your opinion, everybody who thinks they are crap knows nothing about music. I know plenty about music. I've played the piano since I was in first grade, and the cello since fourth. I still don't like Evanescence.

punkyhermy
the lyrics are bad you say...then would you educate me with what YOU'D consider good lyrics?!

ScottsLover
she does have a good voice in my opinion and not alot of bands have a girl singer who can sing like that. heck i didnt like rock until i heard her. stop being mean and leave that band alone please. i like them. you want to hear a good song with her voice in it but featuring a different band? then go to http://www.punishermusic.com/

punkyhermy
yeah!!!!!!!!i LOVE that song!!!!it's sooo...BATMAN!

Darth Revan

StinkFist462
what if i dont want to hear her voice at all ?

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

actually, Evanescence isn't the only band with a chick singer... There are a lot of punk bands that have chicks in 'em, a lot of them good at that. There's a band from my area called the Ovulators that's all women and they're really good. So it's not unheard of.

yumcarrots
i like evanescence. their new video is scary tho. she cuts her hand open on a mirror

total metalhead
yes Kittie, Jack Off Jill and Lacuna Coil to name but three female lead bands. All of which make Evanescence sound pathetic.

StinkFist462
yes

FrothByte
actually i think evanescence is kinda good. their rythm section is pretty tight which makes their groove pretty strong. my only bad comment about them is that they're too monotonous in their music style. i bought the album of theirs, and after a while of listening to it they all start to sound the same. id have to give it to the vocalist though, she's got a pretty strong voice. hi pitched yet low tone. but she does sound monotonous in most of her songs.

i like their approach to gothic rock,trying to add a new flavor to it. to all the guys who are dissing evanescence, you have no idea how hard it is to play that kind of music and make it sound good.

Darth Revan
Sure we do... Besides, just because it's hard is no excuse to do a crappy job of it.

Samas-adian
I still dont think they have no orginality at all. And looked at the tabs for some of the evenesences songs...... well it aint hard at all.

FrothByte
true the insrumentals aren't hard. but its the 'making it sound good' thats hard. the songs are easy to play, but hard to pull off as stage quality.

Darth Revan
How so? Can you honestly say that you have played Evanescence songs before?

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
I like their song my immortal, its a really nice song.....It seems that it would be hard to play those songs but um, I dont play an instrument so I wouldnt know, but i actually think they do a good job.

Darth Revan
there are much more difficult songs for the guitar out there. listen to some real punk or some of Metallica's old stuff and you'll see what I'm talking about

trv16
hey im tristan

scope
hey trv

trv16
why do you have daniels avatar

scope
because i just do!

scope
haha i got homer nananana

Samas-adian
Ok. Limp Bizkit has harder songs to play....are they good?? no.
My problem with Evenesence is that they sound like another other new metal music. They sound exactly like Linkin Park ( which is sad ) but with a chick singer who i have heared is pretty high on herself

FrothByte
yes i've played their songs already, also tried playing metallica and others. yes metallica was harder to study, but with a little work we got it to work out pretty well. when we tried playing bring me to life, we easily played the song, but somehow it sounded pretty hollow. like there was something missing. it was so hard to play it to a point where it cud be called stage performance.

the same is true with a lot of other local bands i've seen try to play evanescence. so its either evanescence has a really strong rythm section to make their music sound good, or they do a lot of over dubs which makes their music sound fuller.

that's basically what i admired evanescence for. it was how they were able to create a basically simple song, with simple riffs and progressions, and make it sound so full and rich. again there's the possibility of over dubs.

PurityKnight
eek! how can you say the chick from kittie is a good singer?
she sucks so bad!

total metalhead
I didn't confused

I just said Kittie are a better band than Evanescence.

Samas-adian
Over Dubbing is not what you call good music by the band...its actually the producer who does it.

Izam
I just saw their new vidseo, "Everybody's fool." It reminds me of one of my friends. Evanescence is okay,I suppose, But i don't like them too much. "My immortal" makes me wanna cry, cos they played it at my friend's dad's funeral. He was like my second father.... *sniff*

scope
yo everybody is anyone in here?

scope
Hello im scope

scope
hello?

Darth Revan
you posted those literally a minute apart dude... you can't expect people to respond that fast

PurityKnight
.. embarrasment sorry, I got that wrong then.... whistle

total metalhead
Definiton of the word 'Evanescence':
The act or state of vanishing away; disappearance.

They obviously know they're going to be forgotten in a couple of years yes

Darth Revan
laughing

PurityKnight
..I always wondered what their name means...

punkyhermy
well now you know what it means!
and i hope they dont dissapear in a couple of years.
they diserve to be here unlike some bands!
atleast in my opinion!

1-winged angel
yeh u tell them

alic88
evenescence r very cool. they haf got some really KICK AS% songs

loserib
we will see if they stick around on their second record since the guitarist moody wrote most of the music in the band im sure the next record wont sound the same

loserib
oh yeah by the way if your intrested in some evanessence tour info go to the breaking benjamin thread

punkyhermy
I LIKE EVERYBODY'S FOOL

Sarah15
i think evanescence is ok.. i like my immortal...

punkyhermy
My immortal is wonderful!
and ben moody helped amy write the songs !
doesnt mean that she doesnt write any songs!
she is the SONGWRITER!
and of course the ben moody music will be missed but hey i am more of a amy fan!
but moody?
i will miss his music!
sniff!

StinkFist462
who cares ? they sucked with him and they are gunna suck without him ..

Darth Revan
yes

StinkFist462
wink

punkyhermy
MAYBE FOR U GUYS !
but for the fans they will rock!
i hope their 2nd album is good!
i mean if its dissapointing?
nah!
i stick with wat they have now....

punkyhermy
Evanescence RULES!
AMY LEE RULES!

1-winged angel
Yeh, did u know they have another album, called Origin, im not sure wether its before Fallen or after

punkyhermy
yeah i but i think it was before fallen...

1-winged angel
yeh, so do i

punkyhermy
it looks it too
there newest album is fallen
and that is a fact
so im sure its before that! smile

~Johnny.D_Girl~
I LUV FALLEN!!!!!!!!!
who here likes their song "Haunted"?????????

punkyhermy
I DO!!!!

punkyhermy
i like almost all of their songs!
they are not all great but they are all worth listening to
for me the top tracks are:

My Immortal
Bring me to life
Going Under
EveryBody's Fool
Torniquet
My last breath
whisper
Hello

and than all the rest
ohh half of them are good!
more than half infact
so the album is a definatly a good CD to buy!

punkyhermy
honestly
they reallly rule!!!!!!!!

ClaraG
i love evanescene, although their songs are pretty depressing lol

Darth Revan
There are bands with much, much more depressing songs out there

punkyhermy
oh really? who?
recommend some to me!i love depressing stuff!

Mr.Matrix
Evanescense - Thoughtless (live KoRn cover)

amity75
Go and buy "The Holy Bible" album by Manic Street Preachers. There is no more beautifully depressing album out there. It will change your life.

Deathblow
What? no expression

Please tell me your joking.Evenescence covering Thoughtless...thats just treason no expression

04wayne
I hate them (although I must admit their song 'My Immortal' is wicked)

Blue Dragon
I like them, the songs are cool.

tabby999
well if this song wasn't dragged from oblivion

StinkFist462
what ever happened to this shit band?

Pezmerga
yeah someone should flush them ...thats what you do with "shit" in my house.

Lana
Originally posted by StinkFist462
what ever happened to this shit band?

Dunno, I think they died already.

Thank god.

Darth Revan
I don't think so.
I hope so.
But it hasn't been that long since their last album...

tabby999
they kinda dissapeared after their last outing. dunno, i think losing the guitarist killed em

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Pezmerga
yeah someone should flush them ...thats what you do with "shit" in my house.
im pretty sure thats what almost every household does (in america).

sully_2u
they had a few good songs like Haunting and Going Under....the rest kinda sucked

Alpha Centauri
Going Under...didn't suck?

-AC

TheStormrider
Eh... they have a good singer. Rest of the band blows though. I bet if we found her a nice power metal band... well, they would kick quite a bit of ass.

Alpha Centauri
She has nothing that you can't learn from training enough. By her own admission.

-AC

tessieisslow
Their okay. I like the band, but Amy Lee's voice is bad. Her voals need to be worked on alittle more

TheStormrider
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
She has nothing that you can't learn from training enough. By her own admission.

-AC

Indeed, but she still does them very well. My whole point is that the band sucks anyway.

Alpha Centauri
I know.

Doing it well or not, she's just a famous one out of hundreds of thousands, I dare say. Hundreds of thousands who are classically trained.

-AC

LiveAndLetDie
I got their album....I swear, it`s so boring. Don`t buy it.

GreenFist
I did like them at first because i just found something that was different about them then they went from good to crap, They did have a 3rd Video but i guess it did not make it to tv

RavenSDL
Good music but its all a stage act shes soo...fake

cool_dudes_rule
there ok i supose

*Sweet~Revenge*
Interesting............

My cousin listens to her.........and shes 6.........hmm

I would say she has bad taste in music. blow

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>