what is the scariest movie of all time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slayer
hey guys just wondering what u think is the scariest movie of all time changeling was pretty scary.

BABOON
not trying to be a jerk or anything(like i usually am) but...i think this is roughly the millionth time that this post has been made.and the ring is on it again....ughhhh.

slayer
it had 4 votes last time

BABOON
yes well some people on this forum also think wrong turn is good so what does that tell ya?

BackFire349
well i am in conflict here, The shining is, i think, the scariest movie of all time, so i want to vote for that. but texas chainsaw massacre is my favorite horror movie of all time...oh decisions decisions.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
*sigh* ring was terrible (i've said this many times) and i voted for TCM (not scariests) but it's one of best horror movies

BackFire349
well i just voted for the shining since this poll is for scariest movie, not my favorite.

slayer
thanks for voting

slayer
i should have se7en up there

wicker_man
I voted for The Amytiville Horror as it has some elements of truth as does The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Exorcist....Fact is scarier then Fiction.

Striel
The Amityville Horror got my vote...

grymlock
well i go for the shining...

slayer
cool

slayer
the exorcist wasn't as scary as people said it was

h0ck3yh0rr0r
it wasn't it was just a good movie.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
stigmata and exorcist were both good movies

slayer
yeah stigmata scared the crap out of my friends i'm watching i know what u did last summer now

Striel
I am not a fan of Stigmata. I have an interest in dark religious movies, and for some reason that one just kinda bored me.

DeNiro
i also voted for the shining for scariest moive cause hell raiser to me wasnt that scary but it is my favorite and then the fredy moives

slayer
the shining didn't really scare me but i can say the wife is the ugliest lady 2 walk this earth

slayer
hellraiser wasn't scary quite gorey though

grymlock
yeah! i have to agree with you slayer, hellraiser wasn't scary but the gore is damn cool!!

slayer
i lkke the part where tyhey hook that guy who says jesus wept and all his skin is hanging off

pablo007
So Slayer what's ur fave movie ? and ur real name ?

slayer
sam hamilton fave movie either texas chainsaw massacre the ring maybe scream or urban legend not sure

slayer
whats yours?

slayer
how do u get godshinto 2 make u a picture?

pablo007
Go to his thread and ask for one, and it depends on what genre ur asking, I have a fave for each genre.

slayer
and how do u attach those pictures just below ur name

slayer
so what u wanna talk about?

pablo007
The Avatars ? check the Edit Profile part or options, it's called something like that.

slayer
should we make a thread in the off- topic forum and talk there?

pablo007
Let's just PM man.

slayer
k

slayer
sorry about that other thread ignore it i put it in the off topic forum and some assholes moved it probaly that kes guy

johnny_rotten
Has anyone seen the film "The Eye" its korean or summat. It should have been in that list. Catch it if you have a chance

slayer
i saw it a few months ago

slayer
every1 ask the ass-kicking godsahinto 2 make u a sig!

Leftomaniac
I think it's hard to say- fear is very subjective. Like, I was way, way, WAY more frightened by The Ring than The Exorcist, but I wouldn't say it's a scarier movie. It just scared me, PERSONALLY a lot more.

o kiMMii o
hey 1st time i watched the exorcist i shit myself! lmao
not now tho still a good movie!

slayer
the others was not scary at all and people call it a horror please peoplez

Leftomaniac
I wasn't scared by The Others, and I saw the ending coming from the beginning.

BUT- I really liked the fact that it relied entirely on tension and atmosphere to scare the audience. Not many effects, no gore or violence, etc. Don't get me wrong- I like *that* stuff as much as the next person, but plenty of people are just dependent on it, not bothering to set up a creepy or intense atmosphere. It was gutsy of The Others to try this approach, especially considering what a big-audience release it is.

...I still maintain that Nicole Kidman is a bad actress.

BackFire349
the others looked like a sixth sense rip off.

slayer
it wasn't but it wasn't very good either

pablo007
what, no Evil Dead ?

slayer
oops!

slayer
soz i forgot evil dead!

slayer
visit www.twilightharbour.com

slayer
does any1 know why my thread teenspoint.com was banned in the off-topic forum?

diegocala
Because it is SPAM, to the MOD's it is trying to get people away from this site to go to another,
If you want to share that stuff, I usually PM the links to the people that I think would like it
That way it stays off the MOD's radar...
SPAM will get closed quickly everytime.

slayer
thanks

slayer
the exorcist is nowhere near as scary as people say it is

BackFire349
truer words have never been spoken.

slayer
big grin

Striel
Slayer I agree with your comment about the Exorcist being overated.

slayer
yeah the shining was scarier.

Espantada20
These are the movies that have scared the s#$% out of me,they're in no particular order and they're not favorites,just the ones I don't like to watch alone cause I freak myself out.

The Entity
Resident Evil
Night of the Living Dead (Original Version)
The Ring
The Puppet Master
Signs
Pet Cemetary
Cat's Eye(this one scared me when I was younger,but it's not really scary unless you think gay looking dwarf is scary)
Amityville Horror
Poltergeist(not very scary anymore either,but still won't watch it alone)

I know there's more but this is all i can think of for right now.

slayer
i helped u cause u helped me dock- pascow in pet sematary

raph
for night of the living dead do u mean the black and white version? that one isnt scary! but the remake is.

raph
for night of the living dead do u mean the black and white version? that one isnt scary! but the remake is. and resident evil rulez! i hope the sequel cums out soon

ragesRemorse
angel heart, 7 doors of death, rosemarys baby, the shining. rawhead rex, and lost boys

slayer
rosemarys baby is good

muse5
the ring scared me sh*tless, honestly and that's saying alot because it takes ALOT to scare me... that's why i think it is good, alot of people think it's stupid, i think it's brilliant

muse5
i think the reason it scared me so much is that it used symbols that are seen everyday... the excorsist was good, but it didn't scare me... i see tv's everyday, i see flies everday, all of the symbols of dying in the Ring are so common, they almost bring it home, so to speak

Thing_1
The ring scared me and so did Halloween!Another movie that scared me that isn't on there is Darkness Falls.

BackFire349
i thought darkness falls was horrible.

Thing_1
I thought that movie was awesome!If ur scared of what's in the dark it will scare u!

Espantada20
Darkness Falls could've been better.The plotline was just too obvious.The Ring,yeah,I'll admit it,the first couple times I saw it it scared the crap outta me.Rosamary's Baby is cool,but I personally like the book better than the movie,just cause it's more detailed.I don't know if there is an all time best movie.I think you just find what you like and if you think it's the all time greatest then more power to you.But Mike_Myers needs to stop trippin' off what I say about Halloween so much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.