Purpose

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediHDM
If, by Smiths monologue "It is happening exactly as before. Well, not exactly", we assume that Smith knows what has happened in the Previous Matrixes, and there was never another Virus, then the following are true:

*There was never a virus. EVER. No other Agent became rogue, no other anomaly destroyed an agent as did Neo
*Thus, the threat that there would be a catastrophic system crash was nonexistent, meaning carrying no weight. Meaning that if the Anomaly had not chosen the Source, Nothing would have come of it.
*Thus, Neo is the chosen one, the true ONE, while the other anomalies were really just puppets, following a preset guideline.
*Neo is the only ONE meant to stop anything, the one meant to end the cycle.
*Smith was created because it was known that Neo would choose Trinity over humanity.
*Thus, as Smith says "We are still part of this system" (or something to that effect), Neo never really has any choice.
*Meaning that the end was determined before the first Matrix was created, and that there never was choice; "choice is an illusion, between those with power, and those without" the illusion of choice was introduced into the system so people would think that they had control over thier lives, when in reality, they had no control whatsoever.
*Meaning, even the Archie is a slave to the system, not really the creator, but merely a puppet, as are Mero, Pers, Oracle, Seraph, Trin, Morpheus, etc.
*Meaning, Zion must, by necessity, be a program, as the machines cannot control the thoughts of those in Zion, and if they cannot control their thoughts, then the entire thing might be screwed up royally, just because somebody accidentally trips in Zion, and dies, whoops, there goes the entire programming, out the window, as well as all the people that would have been affected by that person.
*Meaning, there is some sick, sadistic twisted person (machine) above it all, watching everything run EXACTLY as it is supposed to. Its like the ultimate movie; not only does it run forever, you can rewind it and watch it again from a different angle.
*Except maybe that person is also part of a program, which is part of a program, etc. etc.

Anyone heard the Philosophy joke(?) that speaks of an old lady whotalks to a philosopher and tells him the earth is sitting on the back of a turtle, and the man tells her she is absurd, and the lady says, "You can't fool me; there's turtles all the way down". Maybe i digress, but, think about it, its very interesting...And, yes, i know, you all hate me for bringing in the ZION IS A PROGRAM theory again, but i had to, and i really didn't start off thinking about that, i just typed as fast as i could, while thoughts were streaming out of my brain

"Cause and effect, my love"

Sifer
Actually if you read the comics, it was a virus created by "seemingly" the 1st One that caused people to start waking up smile

JediHDM
which comic is that?

Sifer
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/cmp/paul_fallmain.html

JediHDM
i dont mean like that kind of virus. I'm talking about the virus that Smith is.

The Omega

JediHDM
Omega> Just because you proposed it in another thread, doesn't mean i didn't come to this conclusion of my own accord, when i saw it. The only thing we know so far, is that Neo is fighting smith on a road where millions of Smiths are watching. I can see no other cataclysmic system crash. Also, i said they were assumptions, but could possibly be true.

About Smith. I was logically making an assumption that, if Neo is really the first (or only) anomaly designed to choose Matrix over Humanity(which really wasn't the choice), he is the first to understand that Humans and machines need each other to survive. Thus, if he is the first threat, then the programming would cause an antithesis to be created, even better that the anomaly created it. Thus, if smith is created because of the impending threat that Neo poses, Smith's purpose, reason for being, is as antagonist to Neo, opposite, to cause a cataclysmic system crash, that was unnecessary before, since it was predetermined that the previous anomalies would choose the Source, rather than risk the death of Zion and humanity as a whole. And im not sure i understand your point here "Both he and Neo ARE still part of the system, as they are IN the system." .

Sifer
Just........a hunch smile

SpikeSpiegel
What about "You've already made the choice now you need to understand why you made it." I think that Neo 'killing' Smith thus creating the virus, thus leading to the system crash, thus meaning that Neo would have had the path of the left door already set it was his destiny.

Sorry about all the thus's

JediHDM
Thats exactly what im saying. Except Neo wasn't given the choice to enter the source, he never really had a choice at all. remember the Mero, choice is the illusion between those with power and those without? humans are without power, thus they are made to believe they have choice, to keep them happy.

tshirt

JediHDM
Yes, love is a prime force, but i dont think the Wachowskis would have included the whole casuality speech, if it weren't important to the overall plot of the story. We already know that Trin, Morpheus, Ballard, etc have no choice, so what makes it hard to make the next leap and say that Neo doesn't have true choice, either. Also, just because a program has one purpose at one point in the series, doesn't mean that program doesn't fulfill that purpose, to move onto the next purpose. Smiths purpose, after meeting Neo, was to kill him. That done, his purpose was to be killed by the One. When he was killed/destroyed, his purpose became that of death to human species, as he destroys the mind of whomever he takes over. This is his purpose; maybe not his ultimate purpose, as we haven't seen the rest of the movie yet. Smith is the virus, he plague upon humanity, and unless Neo can stop him, Humanity will be destroyed. "Everything that has a beginning, has an end. I see the end coming, i see the darkness spreading. I see death. And you are all that stands in his way. If you cannot stop him tonight, then i fear that tommorrow may never come." Smith is the darkness. I think that the prophecy is true, but it must be utilized in Matrix and Zion, otherwise the prophecy wont come true. And remember, the littlest thing, in the Wachowski's movie, plays a major role.

Sifer
Well if you combine the Mero's speech WITH Choice then you get what? Well you start to delve into Metaphysics. The notion to be able to shape/change the future based upon the choices you make. Freedom of the Will.

JediHDM
That may be true (i dont know as i haven't studied Meteaphysics yet) but the point is irrelevant, as Mero's speech WITH choice is not Meros speech.

The Omega

gabimr2
qeeeeee?? alaa bestiaa no entiendo nada maldita seaa!! =(

JediHDM
Omega> i didn't think about 1/0, however, that would only be infinity (for our purposes) if Smith takes over Neo, killing Neo. Also, i don't think it too bad that you don't understand exactly my meaning, because I don't understand exactly my meaning. As i said before, i wrote as i thought, so i can't exactly remember what i was thinking at the time. However, and this was part of the point in writing this forum, people taking a totally random idea, and trying to make it fit, in their mind, allows them to "open the box" for a little moment, allowing a freer range of thinking, ultimately resulting in better theories than before, and helping to dismiss the really off ones. "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't".

Also, im probably really behind, but i just realized that the hall where the lights are going off, is the hall that leads to the Oracle, perhaps meaning that the Oracle has been cut off, or is not the Oracle anymore (Smith?).

The Omega

JediHDM
Yes, if Neo fails, then Smith will take over Neo. However, that requires some Major IFS. I don't know if taking over the Oracle would tell Smith where Neo is, because we don't know if the Oracle knows what happens after the One chooses the left door. I assume that Smith would gains insights, perhaps learn a weakness of Neos (*cough* TRIN *cough*).

Have you realized that we keep talking about the Trinity, and the role of Threes in the movie, when we have created our own trinity; Omega, Sifer, and me. Talk about theory reaching up and biting you on the butt, ya know what im sayin?

The Omega

JediHDM
Omega> You can never watch too much matrix; four out of three doctors agree, Watching the Matrix has been shown to increase eyesoreness and fatigue...*where's the pres of sarcasm?*

Teunis
So..............if Smith keeps copying himself, trying to reach infinity, so to say, him will cause a catastrophic system crash because no system is infinite?

Does this rule out the idea that there may not be a system crash?

When we saw Smith's face on the monitor in the "Real World" in the trailer, do you think we are looking at a system crash OR that there are, simply, so many Smith's that he is taking over the entire system of the Matrix?

These may have already been talked about to death, but I unfortunately am not here often enough to keep up.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers

JediHDM
Yes, he is the system crash, and no system can handle an infinite number of programs running at the same time. And, yes, we must assume that Archie was correct when he stated that there would be a cataclysmic system crash. yes, we are looking at the beginnings of a system crash, because there are so many smiths.

burlyman
is was neos face not smiths and this was an m1 trailer

Sifer
He is indeed one of the factors of the System Crash, but I don't believe that he is a necessity of it. I feel that the System Crash would still inevitably happen without Smith. This being due to the Prime Programming not being reinserted back into the System.

JediHDM
I dont think the prime programming is reinserted into the system, rather, the prime programming being reinserted into NEO, as he has changed the Programming with his run in with Smith, his own mind changes the programming, etc...I think the system crash is inevitable, but i think Smith is being used by it, as a tool, rather than a free will he sees himself as.

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.